Lumines Live Promo

miyamotofreak

CAGiversary!
Feedback
23 (96%)
http://www.gamasutra.com/php-bin/news_index.php?story=12452

"Officials from Microsoft have announced that Q-Entertainment's music puzzle game Lumines Live will receive three bonus packs, each value priced for a month, following online backlash to its previous break-out pricing.

The base edition of Lumines Live, released last October, sold at 1200 Microsoft Points ($15). Gamers were vocally dismayed to find, however, that in order to access additional skins, they would have to pay an additional 600 Points ($7.50).

Further functionality, including a Vs. CPU mode and Puzzle Mode, would also require additional purchases, unlike the retail versions of the game, which came with all content for one price.

With the latest announcement, Microsoft and Q Entertainment have apparently heard gamers' requests, as the new updates, which will be released next Wednesday, January 24th, are being value-priced for a month-long promotion.

The first such addon is the Heavenly Star Skin, a new level for the game featuring a video for the Genki Stars original song directed by Q Entertainment's Tetsuya Mizuguchi himself, recently nominated for Best Song at the 2006 Spike TV Video Game Awards. The skin will be available for a limited time only, and will be free for Xbox Live Gold-level members from January 24 to February 21st.

The other two addons include the VS CPU Pack, which includes new skin and character designs for each of the CPU stages, and the Puzzle/Mission Pack, featuring an additional 90 puzzles and 40 missions to add to the base game's 10 puzzles and 10 missions.

Both of these addons will be available for just 100 Microsoft Points ($1.25) for the promotional period of January 24 to February 21st, after which they will be available for 300 Microsoft Points ($3.75)."

[quote name='GeorgeCostanza']I own the psp lumines. Can anyone give me ideas why I should get this one? It seems to be the same game for the most part right?[/QUOTE]
It's less than the PSP one. The XBL version isn't contaminated with Gwen Stefani's foul stench, but I'd probably rather put up with that and get a full game than take it in the pooper relentlessly from MS and Q.

[quote name='CheapyD']I'd like to know why I am a "bitch".[/QUOTE]

As you can clearly see, he's stating your 'a bitch,' meaning you possess 'a bitch.' If he was trying to be clever, he would have actually spelled you're right.

Either way, Lumines Live still sucks.

[quote name='GeorgeCostanza']I own the psp lumines. Can anyone give me ideas why I should get this one? It seems to be the same game for the most part right?[/QUOTE]

The sound/music is amazing and it supports 5.1DD.

[quote name='pete5883']I'm stupid and haven't been paying attention. Does Lumines Live have the same music as LI or II or completely different?[/QUOTE]

A little bit of all three.

[quote name='CocheseUGA']As you can clearly see, he's stating your 'a bitch,' meaning you possess 'a bitch.' If he was trying to be clever, he would have actually spelled you're right.

Either way, Lumines Live still sucks.[/quote]
Before it read, "CheapyD is a bitch".

EDIT: By "it", I mean miyamotofreak's custom user title.

Oh I get it, I think it was the OP's custom tag, it said CheapyD your a bitch or something and then the dude changed it.

I TOTALLY WROTE THIS BEFORE THE EDIT.

Nice to here since I actually bought Lumines Live. Once I realized the add on skins bullshit I was pissed. Good to hear they actually listen to the issues...

[quote name='CheapyD']Before it read, "CheapyD is a bitch".

EDIT: By "it", I mean miyamotofreak's custom user title.[/QUOTE]

Might want to give him a 'custom' avatar as a warning not to mess with the admin.

I'd love to know why you are a bitch as well. Could it be you're such a snappy dresser?

[quote name='CocheseUGA']
I'd love to know why you are a bitch as well. Could it be you're such a snappy dresser?[/QUOTE]

It's cause he's bald.

J. Allard is a bitch as well. And look at most NBA stars? They are bald, and total bitches.

I'll get the Vs. CPU pack.

what I really want is a fucking patch for Live play. This is easily the laggiest online game I've ever played. I would play it 24/7 if it worked properly.

The promo is probably a good idea, but it's probably too little, way too late to make people un-angry after the whole original debacle.

[quote name='happyorangeman']I have 200 MS Points left so I guess it's Lumines Extra's then a 1600 point refill for Castlevania![/QUOTE]

did they announce the price for castlevania yet?

I think it's between 800 and 1200 MS Points.

I think they can charge anything for it and people would buy it though. I would bitch and moan but I would pay more. I wouldn't like it but I would pay it.

hmm, I think I might finally bite on Lumines. I've had the points for a while, but I wanted to save them for something else. I loved Lumines on the PSP, and now that I got rid of it I can finally get some good puzzle action again.

[quote name='CheapyD']Before it read, "CheapyD is a bitch".

EDIT: By "it", I mean miyamotofreak's custom user title.[/QUOTE]

Thanks BigD for clearing that up in forum-post form, I was getting bewildered by all the bitch-slapping going on in this thread. My first thought was that you were quoting Samuel L. Jackson's character in Pulp Fiction:

JULES
Now describe to me what Marsellus
Wallace looks like!

Brett does his best.

BRETT
Well he's ...he's...black --

JULES
-- go on!

BRETT
...and he's...he's...tall --

JULES
-- does he look like a bitch?!

BRETT
(without thinking)
What?

Jules' eyes go to Vincent, Vincent smirks, Jules rolls his
eyes and SHOOT Brett in the shoulder.

Brett SCREAMS, breaking into a SHAKING/TREMBLING SPASM in the
chair.

JULES
Does-he-look-like-a-bitch?!

:rofl:

Yyyyyyeah. Lumines Live sounds super gimped, even with the new cheap prices.

Lumines II is $30. Has ALL of those features, and so far I've unlocked 84 skins. What does Live have, once all that's included? Like, 30?

[quote name='XskylineX']2400 MS points for everything.
2400points=$29.99[/quote]

See now i was gonna get it but then i saw this... god damnit.

This temporarily discounted content tempts me a little, but I have to stand strong. I will not support this game on Live (unless the prices get halved someday, which may or may not ever happen).

P.S. If Symphony of the Night is 1600 points, I'll be pissed, but I'll probably buy it. Damnit. One point over that, though...no sale. 1200 seems to be the vaguely 'fair' price for the game.

Blah. I don't see why everybody complains about Lumines. Yes it's on average more expensive than the other XBLA games, but it's also a lot better than the other XBLA games. They could have put this entire thing on a disc, charged $30 for it, and everybody would have eaten it up. Isn't Lumines II $40?

Too bad puzzle and vs cpu mode aren't nearly as interesting as the other modes.

this doesn't have the Bottle Rocket skin from lumines 2, thats a plus.

I'll definitely be buying this. If you ask me, Lumines Live is the best game on XBLA, and it's worth the money they're asking. Yes, it's a rip off compared to Lumines I or II, but I don't have a PSP and I really wanted to play Lumines. My only complaint is the lack of skins, and that even with the add-on pack, you can't play all the skins in a row (I guess you can do it in edit mode, but Advanced mode should have included both basic and Advance skins). Oh, and all of this stuff should have been available from the start, and in one package. But price isn't really the issue.

Just remember CAGs, there's probably been way more deals for $5-10 1600 point live than there have been for PSPs and Lumines. I don't know about you all, but I probably paid $10 for all of Lumines Live so far.

[quote name='CokeCola']I'll definitely be buying this. If you ask me, Lumines Live is the best game on XBLA, and it's worth the money they're asking. Yes, it's a rip off compared to Lumines I or II, but I don't have a PSP and I really wanted to play Lumines. My only complaint is the lack of skins, and that even with the add-on pack, you can't play all the skins in a row (I guess you can do it in edit mode, but Advanced mode should have included both basic and Advance skins). Oh, and all of this stuff should have been available from the start, and in one package. But price isn't really the issue.

Just remember CAGs, there's probably been way more deals for $5-10 1600 point live than there have been for PSPs and Lumines. I don't know about you all, but I probably paid $10 for all of Lumines Live so far.[/QUOTE]

I would agree if live play wasn't unplayable.

yes, it's overpriced - but yes it's still worth it.
Lumines is like a fine dessert after a large meal of R6V or LostPlanet. It's sweet, aesthetically pleasing, and cleanses my gaming palette of all that shooting tension.

Now where's these cheap deals on MS points you speak of? I BE HUNGRY!

I wasn't too impressed by the demo. What am I missing here?
Didn't really seem like a music game, just a different take on the familiar puzzler...
Maybe I need to give it another chance.

Well, since they already duped me into the first 2 packs, I guess I'll grab these next week. At least I didn't pay full price for the point card I used, so it's not TOO bad.

I'm still on the fence about Castlevania. If I own the psx version, has anything been changed/added to warrant picking it up again? Honestly, the upcoming PSN store games look a lot more tempting at this point (Calling All Cars, Flow, Tekken, etc.).

This is bullshit.

This isn't making up for the shit they pulled. 100 points is not a "promotion" for this kinds of shit. 100 points is exactly what they should be charging for this type of content. What the fuck? Who do they fucking think they're fooling?

[quote name='CokeCola']I'll definitely be buying this. If you ask me, Lumines Live is the best game on XBLA, and it's worth the money they're asking. Yes, it's a rip off compared to Lumines I or II, but I don't have a PSP and I really wanted to play Lumines. My only complaint is the lack of skins, and that even with the add-on pack, you can't play all the skins in a row (I guess you can do it in edit mode, but Advanced mode should have included both basic and Advance skins). Oh, and all of this stuff should have been available from the start, and in one package. But price isn't really the issue.

Just remember CAGs, there's probably been way more deals for $5-10 1600 point live than there have been for PSPs and Lumines.[/QUOTE]

You took the words right out of my mouth. While I don't have the advanced pack I have to say the game is hell of fun. Plus like you said there has been plenty of deals on cards. Free ones, free 400 points, $15 like every day at BB. I am definitely going to pick these up when they come out.

[quote name='fraeone']Blah. I don't see why everybody complains about Lumines. Yes it's on average more expensive than the other XBLA games, but it's also a lot better than the other XBLA games. They could have put this entire thing on a disc, charged $30 for it, and everybody would have eaten it up. Isn't Lumines II $40?

Too bad puzzle and vs cpu mode aren't nearly as interesting as the other modes.[/QUOTE]

A disc can go on sale/clearance. I can lend/borrow a disc. I can resell a disc. A retail disc comes with a manual. I would pay $30 for that. $30 for a lease on something I don't physically own? No thanks.

bread's done
Back