Lumines PSP $19.99 NEW @ Gamestop B&M - YMMV?

jaybird

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
I stopped by Gamestop today and saw they'd dropped the price on Lumines to $19.99. The cashier said he'd just marked it down today.

I checked their website (as well as EB) and they don't have new copies in stock for me to confirm is this is a universal drop or a YMMV.

[quote name='shipwreck']This may be universal, GameRush just dropped the used price to $14.99 recently.[/quote]

yeah I just picked one up there on Saturday night.

[quote name='Chacrana']Would I like this even if I find Tetris really boring? I did enjoy Super Puzzle Fighter II Turbo though...[/quote]

This game is in no way BORING. The constant music makes you feel pumped up while playing actually.

[quote name='Chacrana']So it's a good game for when you're tripping on acid?[/quote]

On acid it may be better than sex.

[quote name='Chacrana']Would I like this even if I find Tetris really boring? I did enjoy Super Puzzle Fighter II Turbo though...[/QUOTE]

It's hard to say for sure, but the gameplay mechanic of Lumines is definitely a lot closer to Super Puzzle Fighter than Tetris. I have to echo everybody else too, Lumines is incredible. The challenge mode isn't like the classic Tetris/Dr. Mario in that it just keeps getting faster, the pace speeds up, and then gives you a lull to rest, and then speeds up again. Each "skin" has a different look, different drop speed, and different clear speed. It might be my favorite puzzle game of all time.

I did not like this game. Cept for the Vs. Mode. I just sold it today.

I liked Meteos better as far as their puzzles releases last year. And I think that Rez was a better fusion of music and gameplay - synethenasia - then Lumines was. Plus Lumi played like tetris a little and I didn't like Tetris. I'm more of a Puyo Puyo/Puzzle Fighter fan.

The game does look slick as greesed lightning tho.

I just found out it's from the guy behind Rez... so if it's really a 1337 AZN game, then I might as well at least try it at the $20 price point.

Hopefully this will be legit when I'm trippin'.

It's a little more complex and frustrating than tetris, with a psychadellic and techno backdrop. I don't know why it has such spectacular reviews though. But at $20 it's probably worth it, except if you hate puzzlers.

Awesome, I was waiting on Best Buy. I do find it odd that they're starting to do their price drops on different, seemingly random days now though. I know I checked the price on it yesterday(they used to, and still to an extent, drop their game prices on Mondays and Sundays) and it was still at $30.

This game is better than coke and angel dust mixed and sprinkled on some bud all rolled up in a blunt that's been dipped in pure acid. That's Lumines.

bread's done
Back