Luminous Arc 2 -Releases 11/18!!! Free artbook with reserve

It was an okay at best srpg once you stopped using the touch controls. The preorder artbook for 2 is really nice, though.

I didn't like the original that much. It felt like an average srpg. Though, I'm tempted to preorder this just for artbook.

If #2 is less generic or has more character customization I could be interested in it. Otherwise I'm not looking for more of the same - it's one of those games that annoyed the crap out of me but I had fun with it anyway.

can grab this today off Amazon (gold box deal for me) for

but without prime who the hell knows when i would ever get it... I could walk into eb tomorrow and get it for 40

BUT

i would rather save my 40 bucks and wait a week for Chorno trigger

I'm playing the first one (borrowed, almost done with it) and while solid, there isn't anything that makes it stand out to me. I'm enjoying it as a foil to time sinks like ToV, as a short RPG is a refreshing breather.

Last edited by a moderator:
The only thing memorable from the first game was the hilariously horrible voice acting. In general, it felt like an abbreviated FFT.

I wonder how this one will turn out.

I like the first game but I'm still completely stuck at the Vanessa battle (Chapter 14 I think). I just cannot beat that no matter how many times I attempt it, and I was pretty much sailing through the game up to that point. Totally ridiculous difficulty spike.

Now that 2 is out (I preordered it for the artbook) I may just abandon the first game and move on.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']I like the first game but I'm still completely stuck at the Vanessa battle (Chapter 14 I think). I just cannot beat that no matter how many times I attempt it, and I was pretty much sailing through the game up to that point. Totally ridiculous difficulty spike.

Now that 2 is out (I preordered it for the artbook) I may just abandon the first game and move on.[/QUOTE]

i found the first game very easy and never had a problem until the final boss where i was way underleveled/

did not feel liks spending tons of time doing just massive leveling .

i hope to have this game in hand by Tuesday via gamefly

good to hear.

but sadly my amazon copy isnt shipping til the 21st and even with overnight its not gonna be here until the 25th... I hate amazon for video games :(

[quote name='punkmaggit']The artbook is AWESOME. Much thicker and printed on better paper than the Eternal Poison one.[/QUOTE]

I hope this is a trend and Persona 4 will have an even better artbook

WOOOOO

Gamefly is selling this baby after 10% discount for 29.69

- the 23 to 28 gamefly bucks i have (gamefly said they are going to send me 5 more for a game not showing for over a week)

Total out of pocket for game between 2 to 7 bucks..

Though i might do 15 bucks on this game and keep the other 13 to get Chrono trigger dirt cheap

what also kicks ass is this will Free up another spot so it will save me another 5 bucks so i dont have to upgrade

now next week i can get

Age of Empires: Mythologies
Chrono Trigger

and maybe
Neopets Puzzle Adventure

shipped next week... Heres hoping they sell Chrono trgger for 30 as well

[quote name='Ice2Dragon']good to hear.

but sadly my amazon copy isnt shipping til the 21st and even with overnight its not gonna be here until the 25th... I hate amazon for video games :([/quote]

I went with two-day shipping from Amazon. It shipped out via UPS using ground shipping yesterday and somehow I recieved it today.

Gotta say, the artbook is about the size of a magazine, maybe a little bit smaller and it's 60 pages long. Looks fairly nice and includes Luminous Arc 1 art in the last ten pages or so. It's nothing fancy and by no means awesome (Missing background art and other doodles outside of characters), but I think it's a fairly nice artbook.

The soundtrack that's included with the game is in a custom cardboard slip that been glossed over to give it some shine. Eight tracks on it according to the back.

Sweet ass art book and case..

first ds game to come with a soundtrack AND A SLIP COVER?

OMG PWNAGE!!!! It came at 8:01 am.. I love amazon shipping.

Damn near scared me to death though.

The artbook is hella cool.. very well put together. *Surprising*

[quote name='Ice2Dragon']Sweet ass art book and case..

first ds game to come with a soundtrack AND A SLIP COVER?

OMG PWNAGE!!!! It came at 8:01 am.. I love amazon shipping.

Damn near scared me to death though.

The artbook is hella cool.. very well put together. *Surprising*[/QUOTE]

Did your's arrive banged up? My artbook looks like it was flipped through a few times and my Luminous Arc 2 box (not the game/case but the box) looks like it was opened.:whistle2:(

The artbook is nice though.

Mine came yesterday. The game and artbook were inside a manila envelope that looked like it came straight from Atlus, and that was packed inside a larger, cardboard envelope. The artbook is perfect but the slipcover over the game was a little crushed on one side. Amazon definitely should have packed it in a hard box instead of an envelope. Also, the slipcover seems slightly too large for the contents; the game and CD are a little loose inside it, and the seal stickers were haphazardly applied, one wasn't very adhesive at all and was basically just hanging off the side. Overall it's a nice looking package though, and the artbook is great.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']Mine came yesterday. The game and artbook were inside a manila envelope that looked like it came straight from Atlus, and that was packed inside a larger, cardboard envelope. The artbook is perfect but the slipcover over the game was a little crushed on one side. Amazon definitely should have packed it in a hard box instead of an envelope. Also, the slipcover seems slightly too large for the contents; the game and CD are a little loose inside it, and the seal stickers were haphazardly applied, one wasn't very adhesive at all and was basically just hanging off the side. Overall it's a nice looking package though, and the artbook is great.[/QUOTE]

Exactly the same issues with me except my artbook was a bit messed up with everything. But I have to say, I'm glad they didn't shrinkwrap it like they did with Eternal Poison... that was just really stupid. This seems like it's more Amazon's fault for not sticking it in a box and opting for a flimsy cardboard envelope.

The artbook makes me wonder why the Eternal Poison artbook wasn't more like this. That game has a much better and more distinct art style, I would've like it have an artbook like this for that game.

wow the artbook is getting 20 to 30 on ebay.

If you looking at dumping it better dump it fast.... remember the disgaea art book was once 40 when the package came out now with ????

[quote name='Vinny']The game is already $28.99.
http://www.amazon.com/Luminous-Arc-..._1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1227806829&sr=8-1

This is fucking ridiculous, every single Atlus game just drops in price as soon as they ship out preorders.[/quote]

Yeah, Amazon is going out of control since they removed the 30 day price guarantee. It's not just Atlus games either and while one sale might be good initially, a week later it could be discounted even more only to see it rise back up for a little while and then drop back down to the first sale price.

yeah im calling amazon tomorrow. thats complete garbage they drop it 9 bucks. if they dont refund it im never shopping again :( Thats what 3 titles theyve done it for now from atlus in a row!!!

bread's done
Back