Lux-Pain w/ art book - $19.99 at Gamestop

Awesome. Hopefully Amazon will follow suit soon so I don't have to pay tax or shipping.

Thanks for pointing this out!

[quote name='Archgarth']Check reviews on this guys. It isn't supposed to be very good.[/QUOTE]

Rapid decline in sale price have a hint to that?

Seems like the game should be good, but if it isn't, I'll wait to pick up a used copy.

I heard this game is bad, so I am not getting it. If I get it it will be when its under 10$, too many games to play right now!

I was kind of interested in this, but all of the previews I've read have harped on how terrible the localization and English text is, which is kind of critical for a game that's almost entirely a visual novel.

I wonder whats up withIgnition Entertainment. First blue dragon DS and now this getting such as fast price drop

[quote name='62t']I wonder whats up withIgnition Entertainment. First blue dragon DS and now this getting such as fast price drop[/QUOTE]

shane bettenhausen price collapse.

I played a little bit of this. I'm not exactly sure what the point of it is still. You have to use your stylus like a pencil eraser and erase parts of an image to extract these evil spirits or something from people and objects. So far there's been absolutely zero challenge to any of it.

[quote name='dizz.lee']artbook is a digital artbook. comes in a cd in a cardboard sleeve. sucks ass.[/quote]
Are you sure? I saw a copy last week and it had an physical artbook attached to the outside of the game case and then a slipcover over them.

RPGfan gave it a decent review.

http://www.rpgfan.com/reviews/Lux_Pain/index.html

Here is the conclusion:

"Lux-Pain is a decent, and quite lengthy, visual novel for the DS, although it does come with some stipulations. If you prefer your stories completely spoon-fed to you and are averse to digging through database menus to read backstories about everything, then Lux-Pain may not be the right choice for you. If you are averse to twiddly and sometimes unintuitive gameplay that requires reading the manual beforehand, then Lux-Pain may not be right for you. But if these aspects do not bother you and you are in the mood for a slightly askew visual novel for your DS, then Lux-Pain is worth a look."

but the reviewer is a digital novel nut so . . .

[quote name='dizz.lee']artbook is a digital artbook. comes in a cd in a cardboard sleeve. sucks ass.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I picked it up a few hours ago, and it came with a real artbook in a sleeve along with the game. Not sure what version you were looking at...

[quote name='paddlefoot']Be honest, you just know that game + artbook at a discount equals insta-buy to most CAGs ;)[/quote]

I don't think this game is a must pick up even with the artbook for most CAG. Maybe if it was $5 less with the artbook, I would pick it up, but not at $20.

[quote name='paddlefoot']For import fans, Play-Asia has Lux-Pain on sale for $14.90

http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-9g-49-en-70-2ha2.html[/QUOTE]

Unless you are fluent in Japanese, you won't be able to play it.

This game is basically an interactive Manga that is like reading a book and then every half hour or so you get to scribble on the screen. I'm well over 10 hours in and this definitely isn't for everybody.

bread's done
Back