M for the Last Movie You Ever Saw

Status
Not open for further replies.
V for Vendetta

I loved it, best movie I've seen in a while

I hope the local imax picks it up, but seeing as how its in a Texas State History museum, I doubt it will

25th Hours. Loved it, had some funny/ackward stuff in it. Anyone who likes Fight Club would like it yet there is oddly next to no ass beating in it at all.

16 Blocks last night, great stuff. Bruce Willis is a movie making messiah.

Quick question for those fans of V for Vendetta. Which version of The Count of Monte Cristo were V and Evey watching? Was it the 1932 version? I know they made like 15 different films for it, but there were 2 or 3 which seem to fit the time period. If anyone can remember the guys name who he says, that would do it. TO WIKIPEDIA!

[quote name='Eviltude']How was Inside Man?[/QUOTE]

The only problem I had with it was the ending, it felt underwhelming compared to all the time spent building up to it.

[quote name='Eviltude']How was Inside Man?[/QUOTE]
Hmm, basically it was decent enough to watch, but I don't think it was worth the price of a ticket, probably worth a rental on dvd. After watching it I just had kind of a average feeling of it, it wasn't bad, but it wasn't that exceptional either. It didn't help matters that the interrogation flashbacks made figuring out the robber's escape plan painfully easy.

I watched Domino, Dungeons and Dragons: Wrath of the Dragon God, and Jarhead last night. D&D wasn't as bad as i was expecting... Jarhead wasn't as good as i was expecting. Domino was fan-freaking-tastic. i highly recommend it

Inside Man - Clive Owen fit the role perfectly. Liked it alot. Not what I expected, but good.

Derailed - The ending made the movie go from good to great.

6ixtynin9

why did i wait so long to rent this? cool flick. i don't want to say too much about it to ruin it for anyone. i must watch it again before i return it.

Anyone seen Thank You for Smoking(I'm talking to you William H.)? It looks amazing but it isnt playing in my area...pisses me off. I don't get why we get some movies a week before release some places and others we get 3 weeks after the fact. We got V for Vendetta on the Wednsday before scheduled release and The Brothers Grimm like 5 days prior but we can't get this until two weeks later? WTF M8?

Mirrormask - meh, imaginative creatures and "set" design but the actualy story is pretty boring
Chicken Little - better than I thought it would be, still a bit of a mess, but there are enough subtle jokes for the non-kid crowd to keep it entertaining.

Finally watched "Domino" last night. I didn't expect to see Keira topless, so that was a pleasant surprise. Overall, the movie was OK.

last movie i saw was Fearless, the latest Jet Li movie. i must say, it isn't as good as i thought to be. storyline was meh and the fighting scenes were not as good as the movie he made 10 years ago, Fist of Legend. the reason i'm comparing the two is because the main character of Fearless is the master of the main character of Fist of Legend. in fact, you can call Fearless a prequel because ****SPOILER ALERT****

at the end of Fearless, the main character dies from being poisoned and in the beginning of Fist of Legend, the student came back to find that his master had been poisoned and went out to avenge his master.

Just watched The Weatherman. Nicolas Cage is awesome in it, as he is in most movies. He is definetly top 5 on my best actor/actress list.
Back to the movie though, pretty good portrayal of family life in modern day America with the "I'm famous" twist on it. Highly Recommended.

The Hills Have Eyes (2006 remade version) - not completely bad but not very good either. Most of the characters are so idiotic that you just have to wonder "What the hell were you thinking?!"

Gallipoli. An excellent 1981 movie about Aussies in WWI, featuring a very young Mel Gibson. It's a great movie, with a kickass 80's electronic soundtrack by Jean Michel Jarre.

Oh yeah, and title changed, since Chronicles of Narnia is really feckin' old. :lol: Like it, or any suggestions for a new title?

[quote name='Tiphireth']Gallipoli. An excellent 1981 movie about Aussies in WWI, featuring a very young Mel Gibson. It's a great movie, with a kickass 80's electronic soundtrack by Jean Michel Jarre.

Oh yeah, and title changed, since Chronicles of Narnia is really feckin' old. :lol: Like it, or any suggestions for a new title?[/QUOTE]
Well you could go vintage with "Raiders of the Last movie you saw"

[quote name='guardian_owl']Well you could go vintage with "Raiders of the Last movie you saw"[/quote]
aa01b783eaa2d549d3b425edfccc8b0c.gif

:(

I dunno, I like M, myself. ;)

..Gah, that .gif makes me giggle every frigging time i see it. Yes, giggle. Like a girl. :(

[quote name='Eviltude']Quick question for those fans of V for Vendetta. Which version of The Count of Monte Cristo were V and Evey watching? Was it the 1932 version? I know they made like 15 different films for it, but there were 2 or 3 which seem to fit the time period. If anyone can remember the guys name who he says, that would do it. TO WIKIPEDIA![/QUOTE]

V mentions "Robert Donat" who was in the 1934 version of "The Count of Monte Cristo" directed by Rowland Lee.

Also, it was never released on DVD and a used copy of the vhs version goes for $80+ most places if you can find it.

Thanks for the Count of Monte Cristo info. Also, I think we should keep it as "The Chronicles of..." until we get a new thread >_>

Inside Man. Pretty good. I don't like Denzel Washington much but it does ok. Pretty good action, good for a few laughs.
When one of the guys is forcing the chick into the room and he pushes her into the door, she hits her head on the door frame and he says "OH SHIT!"
...Hilarious...you know you want to look.

Tomb Raider is on TBS. Was never a fan of the games, Angelina isn't that hot in it and she's not even in a tomb right now, shes in a lab fighting a bunch of azn dudes.

Watched the first half of The Weather Underground and fell asleep because I was so tired. Finished it this morning (excellent movie, by the way), and flipped straight to watching 1984. Good flick, but could have been better. Went to the video store a couple hours ago and got Cabin Fever and Trainspotting. CF was terrifically twisted, and now I'm hyped for Trainspotting. Great movie day!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back