M:I III - Should I see it on Digital or IMAX?

repetske

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
I can't decide what would be the better way to M:I III. The Mall of Georgia theatre has it available on regular, DLP, and IMAX. I think IMAX is fun just because of the huge picture and crazy sound system, but the digital picture is just so clear. What would you guys do? (I can't wait for all the don't see M:I III posts ;) )

IMAX. It's the standard for all big and action-y movies. Believe that I'm driving 2.5 hours to the closest one to see Superman in 3D. Plus, there's less annoying people because of the higher ticket prices.

Good point. I completely understand the driving extra. I drove to Greenville, SC to see Star Wars on a digital projector. It was almost worth it. I've already requested from my girlfriend that we go to the Superman in 3D on my birthday as well.

Imax of course. Its not about Pic quality its about the size of the screen. Great picture or huge fucking screen. mmm of course the huge fucking screen. Its not like the IMAX picture is of low quality.

I don't think M:I 3 was redone in Imax, so basicly you'd just be getting a standard 35mm projected on the screen. Yes, it will be big, but it will also not be as clear as they are stretching the picture to a size its not meant to be blown up to. You'd be better off going to the Digital. I saw Return of the King shown like this. Yes, its great on a screen that big, but during the action scenes, you can't see anything cause it all blurs together, and the picture quality suffers.

bread's done
Back