Machete (2) Kills!: BOGO This Saturday only!

Damn.......... you think this would have been better had it been part of some BK promo? :p
They should have spent as little on marketing as possible and just banked on fans of the original going and then home video/rental sales. It probably would have had the same opening weekend spending 1 million on ads.

Director Robert Rodriguez had a big bomb on his hands this weekend with Machete Kills, which flopped in 4th place with a paltry estimated $3.8 million debut. Machete Kills opened up on 2,500 screens and scored one of the worst openings ever for such a wide release, and was also one of the worst debuts of 2013.

Machete Kills grossed roughly 1/4 of what the first Machete opened with, and this sequel had the added star power of Charlie Sheen, Mel Gibson, Lady Gaga, and Sofia Vergara. Marketing alone for the film is reportedly in the $20 million range.

I just don't understand Rodriguez's direction of taking the 3rd movie into space and making it into a low budget sci fi movie?!?!?!?!............ 

I disliked the first quite a bit, no interest in seeing this one really.. but wow $20 budget and $20 advertising? Thats nuts if true.

No...it's actually happened before.......for advanced screenings......that usually go fast. :(
Lol disappointing sales suck especially if you like the movie and hope it would do well.

Pacific rim was like that for me

Last edited by a moderator:
Huh! I guess I'll be watching it this Saturday for sure! Gonna try and bring a group too.

Lol disappointing sales suck especially if you like the movie and hope it would do well.

Pacific rim was like that for me
PR was 100 times better than this movie, but then again they are two different movies. Yeah PR didn't fair a lot in the US but overseas it did great. I am really hoping home media sales of PR will help to push a sequel.

PR was 100 times better than this movie, but then again they are two different movies. Yeah PR didn't fair a lot in the US but overseas it did great. I am really hoping home media sales of PR will help to push a sequel.
LOLZ...you need to change your avatar with that kind of talk there, sonny! :lol:

Honestly, I don't think they made this movie to make money, but to really just have a lot of fun.

I don't hate the movie............. but it did leave me with a What the hell happened to this movie?  at the end.  It really didn't need to go sci fi. 

Finally saw the movie this weekend. Frankly, I thought it kinda sucked. It wasn't the cheesy fun the first one was and just seemed plain lazy with a bigger budget. There were some great characters and they should've gone more into them like they did the first one. The faux trailer for the third one looks great though...like jump the shark crazy and not half assed like this one.

bread's done
Back