Machinarium + Samorost 2 $10 from Amanita - DEAL IS STILL LIVE 12/30/09

carpwrist

CAGiversary!
Feedback
35 (100%)
Fantastic deal for Machinarium alone.
machinarium_christmas_pack.jpg

http://machinarium.net/blog/2009/12...mas-pack-machinarium-samorost2-for-10-60-off/

Our Christmas Sale starts Dec 17th and ends Dec 25th, in that period you can buy the bundle with Machinarium and Samorost2 only for $10 which is 60% discount from it’s regular price ($25).
Amanita Design Christmas Pack includes:
Machinarium (Win + Mac + Linux versions)
Machinarium Soundtrack (MP3)
Samorost2 (Win + Mac + Linux versions)
Samorost2 Soundtrack (MP3)
Cover Pictures for Machinarium and Samorost2

EDIT:
For those still on the fence, you can pick it up on Impulse for $6.99
http://www.stardock.com/media/mailers/MACH.htm

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, now I feel like a jackass for buying Samorost 2 on Steam. Not that $2.50 is the end of the world, and not that I mind supporting Amanita twice, mind you.

Thanks, OP!

[quote name='blitztwn36']I'm at work and can't jump on Steam - but is this a Steam deal too, or just from the Machinarium site?[/QUOTE]

Looks like this deal is available only through the developer's site, not through Steam. Steam has Samorost 2 by itself for $2.50, but this is a much better deal.

I would have liked Steam Activation capabilities, but, still, you get a nice amount for the price. I recommend making a backup of the files on a CD/DVD, though.

[quote name='blitztwn36']I'm at work and can't jump on Steam - but is this a Steam deal too, or just from the Machinarium site?[/QUOTE]

checked steam and didnt find the deal. although, samfrost was running for $3 and Machinarium for $20

Bah, only want Machi for $5. Oh well, it'll be there soon enough on steam. FYI, the save files are saved as flash, so if you use CCleaner beware it will scrub your saves if you're not careful!

[quote name='bitter1961']Nice deal! Those considering waiting for a Steam offer, keep in mind that the soundtracks are only included when bought straight from the developer.[/QUOTE]
Let's not forget that you get every version imaginable of each game. (Windows, Mac, and Linux.)

Thanks OP. I was planning to buy Machinarium soon anyway, so getting Samorost 2 with it for a great price was a no brainer.

@ Eliot, I'm pretty sure you can activate it through Steam. You could when the game launched.

Just my $0.02 on this ordeal, Machinarium is worth the $10 ALONE. While the game is a short-lived experience, Amanita "designs" the ingenuity that the video game industry could take a lesson from.

It's one of my favorite games from this year. The soundtrack puts this at no-brainer status for me. If you played the demo and at least got to "the Bottom" and still didn't like it...
there is no hope for you.

It's cool if you already got it in on Steam. If not, it's a way cooler to pick it up a game directly from the developers, if not for the bonus content, then at least for supporting an independent gaming company.

Props to all who bought/played the game.

Just finished the demo, pretty cool but I don't get the sense of satisfaction when I solve the puzzles that I did with Braid. Music is excellent however.

I bought Machinarium at full price ($20) and do not regret it one bit. The soundtrack is awesome as well. I listen to it quite regularly. It's been a few years since I played Samorost 2, but I enjoyed it too.

[quote name='carpwrist']@ Eliot, I'm pretty sure you can activate it through Steam. You could when the game launched.

Just my $0.02 on this ordeal, Machinarium is worth the $10 ALONE. While the game is a short-lived experience, Amanita "designs" the ingenuity that the video game industry could take a lesson from.

It's one of my favorite games from this year. The soundtrack puts this at no-brainer status for me. If you played the demo and at least got to "the Bottom" and still didn't like it...

It's cool if you already got it in on Steam. If not, it's a way cooler to pick it up a game directly from the developers, if not for the bonus content, then at least for supporting an independent gaming company.

Props to all who bought/played the game.[/QUOTE]

The site says Steam activation only worked on preorders.

Liked the trailer for Machinarium back when it was released so I couldn't resist this deal. Thanks OP.

[quote name='gumbyboots']Can someone tell me the file size of these games? I have a pretty slow connection. I'm assuming they are not very big.[/QUOTE]

Everything you're entitled to (Win, Mac, Linux version of both games, soundtracks and cover images): 1.25GB
Machinarium Win only: 346MB
Samorost 2 Win only: 20MB

[quote name='carpwrist']It's one of my favorite games from this year. The soundtrack puts this at no-brainer status for me. If you played the demo and at least got to "the Bottom" and still didn't like it...
[/QUOTE]
I played through the demo, and really wanted to like it, but.... The art is fantastic, I love the art design. But the gameplay of the demo / music.... While World of Goo and Braid hooked me with the gameplay and story, here I feel like I'm scanning the screen for stuff to click on, without any story or purpose. :(

Reading that they're both built on flash, I don't see any reason to bother with it on Steam. I'm considering it from this deal then, which is better overall in value.

[quote name='Teeheehee']Reading that they're both built on flash, I don't see any reason to bother with it on Steam. I'm considering it from this deal then, which is better overall in value.[/QUOTE]

I don't really know what you're viewing as an advantage of Steam, but I'm not sure that being built in Flash actually should mean much. It's still an executable, it's still shipped with an installer (judging by the demo), it's still 350mb, and there have still been patches released for it. So it's basically like any other non-Valve game on Steam in most respects, maybe just a little smaller.

Personally, doodofdoods saying that you only get a download for 2 weeks is the only thing that has me hesitating. I'll probably still get it straight from Amanita, I just need to convince myself that it's such an outrageously low price that I shouldn't expect a download service to be included, and I imagine you can always email them if you need a redownload. But I have another week to decide.

I just realized this game can be played by almost anyone. Little kids in Africa will enjoy it on their netbooks, nerds in the computer center at college will have something to actually have fun with on their Linux systems, and head Cheap Ass himself, CheapyD, can finally play a game on his broken Mac.

Everyone wins. It is a Christmas miracle.

[quote name='timobkg']I played through the demo, and really wanted to like it, but.... The art is fantastic, I love the art design. But the gameplay of the demo / music.... While World of Goo and Braid hooked me with the gameplay and story, here I feel like I'm scanning the screen for stuff to click on, without any story or purpose. :([/QUOTE]

there is a story, and it reveals itself in pieces, and as more of the story comes together, the earlier parts where they seemed to be no story, direction or purpose, becomes very clear.

[quote name='bitter1961']You don't get Samorost 2 or the soundtracks, but Machinarium by itself is currently $7 on Impulse.[/QUOTE]

Requires coupon code MACH65 if you add it to your cart within Impulse.

[quote name='bitter1961']You don't get Samorost 2 or the soundtracks, but Machinarium by itself is currently $7 on Impulse.[/QUOTE]

SEVEN DOLLARS!!! almost worth a thread itself. I'll update the OP to reflect this.

[quote name='doodofdoods']E-mail says after you purchase it you have 2 Weeks to download it, so make sure you do so.[/QUOTE]

Bleh, this is why I just wait for Steam deals.

[quote name='cheech794']Is there a way to link the game to steam. I would hate to lose the games by switching computers[/QUOTE]

The best you can really do is create a shortcut in steam to the executable file, which isn't going to preserve the data for downloading later on.

All of the files are executable installers, not codes, so burning a CD/DVD with the files is about all you can do. Its kind of a hassle, but I'll suck it up for the devs.

bread's done
Back