Macho Man Randy Savage killed in car accident

Rei no Otaku

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
TMZ spoke with Randy's brother, Lanny Poffo, who tells us the wrestling legend suffered a heart attack while he was behind the wheel around 9:25 AM ... and lost control of his vehicle.

Earlier this month, Savage celebrated his 1-year anniversary with his new wife Lynn.

Savage was 58.

Macho Man began wrestling in the WWF in 1985 and became a superstar with his trademark catchphrase "Ooooooh Yeaahhhhh."

UPDATE: Florida Highway Patrol tells TMZ ... Savage was driving his 2009 Jeep Wrangler when he veered across a concrete median ... through oncoming traffic ... and "collided head-on with a tree."

Savage was transported to Largo Medical center, where he died from his injuries.

Savage's wife was a passenger in the vehicle during the collision -- but survived with "minor injuries." She was transported to a different local hospital where she was treated.
http://www.tmz.com/2011/05/20/randy...n-dead-dies-died-killed-wwe-wrestler-florida/

I haven't watched wrestling since I was a kid, but when I did Macho Man was always one of my favorites. RIP.

Yeah my 10 year old self spent many a night imitating him. (Back when wrestling was on NBC Saturday nights) He will be missed.

[quote name='metaphysicalstyles']It's indeed the end of the world as we know it.[/QUOTE]

That's what I've been saying after hearing the news

One of the greatest ever. This one hits harder than some of the other wrestling related deaths for me, just because of how it happened. From all indications he was FINALLY starting to get his life back together, recently married ect, and then WHAM! dead in a car accident. Tragic way to go.

[quote name='RAMSTORIA']bummer, he was my favorite as a kid. ill have to snap into a slim jim tonight.[/QUOTE]

Indeed. I haven't been into wrestling since I was really young, but who didn't love the Macho Man?

Slim Jims for everyone.

I know nothing about wrestling really, but Randy Savage clips have been a comedic staple of the GamesRadar podcast for years, which I listen to every week, so when I saw this I let out an audible "Oh nooo." His over-the-top shit has provided me with so much entertainment and now I am very sad.

gZZ3i.png

Steamboat's actually doing quite well after his near-death experience last year. He was at a recent autograph signing and people were surprised to see him look as good as he did.

[quote name='pitfallharry219']Steamboat's not dead.[/QUOTE]

Wait, what?! I thought he got the bell slammed on his throat and expired???

[quote name='SgtRamirez']I think I will watch Predator in his honor.[/QUOTE]

Umm, why? He wasnt even in it.
---
Like a lot of people have already said, he was one of my favorite wrestlers growing up. Wrestling has lost of one of its true legends today. RIP Macho Man.

[quote name='TheRock88']Umm, why? He wasnt even in it.
---
Like a lot of people have already said, he was one of my favorite wrestlers growing up. Wrestling has lost of one of its true legends today. RIP Macho Man.[/QUOTE]

Bitch you don't need a reason to watch Predator.

lol, which wrassler' was in Predator and offered everybody chewing tobacco and had that famous line after they refused? "Y'all are all just a bunch of slack-jawed $$$$$$s!" Wasn't that him???

And just for the record, I don't agree with the usage of that word, but that is the line.

EDIT: It was Jesse Ventura, wasn't it?? lol. OK, I will watch an old Wrestlemania or something. OH, and somebody let me know if something tragic happens to Jesse Ventura so I can watch Predator.

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back