Mad at Nintendo - wont buy Wii U

stinkycat

CAG Veteran
How many people are not planning to get the Wii U because of how NOA handled Xenoblade in America? They are not releasing any other RPGs for Wii other, and it looks like Wii U will be the same - more party crap.
I don't like party games or shooters, so it looks like there is nothing for me. And I am tired of Mario and
Zelda.
And if they think casuals will pick to get this over the ipad, they are sorely mistaken. I hope NOA goes out of business.

Entitled manchild at 1 o'clock. He's on my tail!
Can I shoot 'em down?

It sucks the game isn't coming, but god. Grow up.

Oh, please tell me, Swami Stinkycat, the lineup for the Wii U.
Oh, wait. You have no better clue than anyone else.

Again, grow up. Thanks! ^_^

If I promised to boycott every company that didn't localize titles I was interested in, I wouldn't have any companies I would still want to buy games from. This ranges from titles like Seiken Densetsu 3, Final Fantasy 5, and Mother 3, to more recent occurrences like Ace Attorney Investigations 2 and Valkyria Chronicles 3.

Instead, I just enjoy the games that do come out, and I buy consoles that allow me to play the games I'll enjoy.

I only care about rpgs really, so why would I buy a system that
does not have any in America?

And there were none announced for E3 for Wii U. Just Call of Duty and Assasins Creed.

They are brining Dragon Quest Monster Joker 2. Nintendo basically save the series after Dragon Quest V's failure

[quote name='stinkycat']How many people are not planning to get the Wii U because of how NOA handled Xenoblade in America? They are not releasing any other RPGs for Wii other, and it looks like Wii U will be the same - more party crap.
I don't like party games or shooters, so it looks like there is nothing for me. And I am tired of Mario and
Zelda.
And if they think casuals will pick to get this over the ipad, they are sorely mistaken. I hope NOA goes out of business.[/QUOTE]

But they announced that due to how strongly fans feel about it they're looking into it.

FYI - Dragon Quest monster Joker is for DS, not Wii.
I may still buy a 3DS, but I think Wii U will be more party games and games that are on other systems, for cheaper.

We don't even know the software line-up yet, but Nintendo hasn't had a home console that had a decent amount of rpg's since the SNES. Considering they won't even bring over some of the few rpg's the Wii did have, it's a wise decision not to buy the Wii U until it actually proves it'll be different from the Wii.

[quote name='62t']They are brining Dragon Quest Monster Joker 2. Nintendo basically save the series after Dragon Quest V's failure[/QUOTE]
Not really. NCL has been mandating that DQ be pushed in the west. Probably an agreement with S-E that is keeping DQX on the Wii.

NO, that's not why I'm not buying the WiiU. Mishandleing oen game is a very stupid reason to hate a company in full. Yes, Nintendo is getting obsessed with mulitplayers. But for all the scoffing, Wii was a major success. Why not try writing NIntendo, and getting your friends to join in. Maybe that'll get them to cater to your likes.

[quote name='doodofdoods']We don't even know the software line-up yet, but Nintendo hasn't had a home console that had a decent amount of rpg's since the SNES. Considering they won't even bring over some of the few rpg's the Wii did have, it's a wise decision not to buy the Wii U until it actually proves it'll be different from the Wii.[/QUOTE]

Ah, the pragmatic approach. Same rule flies for every console, kids. Don't buy it unless it has games you want to play.

If NOA is sucky with the WiiU releases then by all means don't buy it. Do not do the stupid thing and buy a system based purely on potential.

Back in the day, they refused to bring the "finger" application to my VAX, ever since then, I've boycotted the internet because the internet is a soulless shit organization that has no interest in being loyal to their fans. fuck YOU DARPA!

[quote name='doodofdoods']We don't even know the software line-up yet, but Nintendo hasn't had a home console that had a decent amount of rpg's since the SNES. Considering they won't even bring over some of the few rpg's the Wii did have, it's a wise decision not to buy the Wii U until it actually proves it'll be different from the Wii.[/QUOTE]

Good thing all of those games are on WiiWare/Virtual Console and we can assume will be available on WiiU. ;)

[quote name='confoosious']Back in the day, they refused to bring the "finger" application to my VAX, ever since then, I've boycotted the internet because the internet is a soulless shit organization that has no interest in being loyal to their fans. fuck YOU DARPA![/QUOTE]

Back in the day, the OP's school teachers refused to teach him about grammar and punctuation, and ever since then he's been boycotting school. He hopes the English language goes out of style.

[quote name='cochesecochese']Ah, the pragmatic approach. Same rule flies for every console, kids. Don't buy it unless it has games you want to play.

If NOA is sucky with the WiiU releases then by all means don't buy it. Do not do the stupid thing and buy a system based purely on potential.[/QUOTE]

This is the best words of wisdom on this site, I learned this long ago but in reality you never get every game that is announced for a console and that probably goes for every system out there.

People buy a console and complain when there are no games, you knew what you were getting into when you were buying it, you can see the game lineup on the shelves, so don't buy it if you think there is nothing to play on the console. Consoles are about games and not hardware. I did not buy a 3DS because I did not find anything I wanted to play on it (that does not mean I won't find something to make me buy the system down the road preferably when it drops in price), and I doubt I will buy a Wii U if its more of the same. I still think the price is absurd for the 3DS considering what it offers. I also don't care to pay $40-50 per game if anything I am better of buying the Xbox 360 or the PS3 and having access to a huge library of in many cases lower priced games that I have never played.

You're probably not missing out on much. I haven't liked a JRPG in ages! I will concede and say the last JRPG game I like was Baten Kaitos (by the same developer as Xenoblade). However that was a card based RPG...and I love me some card based RPGs.

I still like JRPG's but there is a huge library of them available on the PS2 and I can't imagine that anyone has made it through every single RPG the PS2 has to offer. I have a stack of at least 10-15 for the PS2 alone that I haven't gotten to yet. There are also tons of RPG's on the DS, and many are very low priced, again I can't imagine anyone playing through all of them because there are A LOT. This doesn't even include the GBA which again, there are a lot and the PSP which has a great selection of JRPG's. I don't think anyone is starving for JRPG's yet but I have to admit the Wii has a serious lack of RPG's and does need some more.

The main complaint I have is Nintendo showed off these games and did not release them in the states, they shouldn't be showing off games that they have no intentions of releasing here. It would be much better for them not to show off the games and just release them as a surprise or start pushing the games more when they are sure they are going to release them. Instead of getting the gamers all hyped up and when the game they don't want isn't released they backlash at Nintendo. I don't think its a good idea to get gamers all hyped up about something and then not release it, there are some pretty strong personalities in the gaming community. Regardless of how minor an issue this is Nintendo is getting a lot of bad press for it and its not good.

It is possible I may not enjoy those games. I did not enjoy FF12. But I am insulted that they expect me to be happy with playing Mario Party and other games like that instead.

I really feel I wasted my money buying Wii and don't want to repeat the same mistake with Wii U. With such an act of insult to their customers, I believe Reggie is lying about Wii U having good hardcore games (at least ones that are not FPSs)

I got a lot out of my Wii. It got equal play time with my PS3 (maybe even a little more since my launch one just broke down, first time I've ever had a console die on me). It had a good variety of of niche games, more so than my PS3 library which consist mainly of action and 3rd person shooters.

That doesn't mean Nintendo doesn't constantly has me frustrated. With no account system I can't get my VC games back until I get my system fixed. Also when I get my system back there might be a chance my save files are lost. The company is very stubborn and until the people up top all change the company's culture will likely stay the way they are.

It's like having that long time childhood friend that constantly frustrates you but you can't

I won't be able to withhold buying a Wii U once No More Heroes 3 comes out.. so I hear ya on not buying unless it has what you want. But that should be a given regardless of what you buy. I wouldn't touch the xbox360 with a 10-foot pole until I heard Perfect Dark was coming in all its glory. =FACT

I don't know why some posts sounded so ill. I understand the frustration, I question NoA more than I ever have. The parent company Nintendo of Japan I have alot more trust in for actually knowing the situation of their company, Reggie on the other hand seems like dead weight more than ever before. And I really didn't have a problem with him when he first appeared or spoke at presentations.

I am also boycotting Nintendo from hence forth, not just because of the localization, but because of the fact that publishers approached Nintendo, and offered to buy the localization rights of Mother 3 for America, and Nintendo still said no. They are smug bastards, and only cater to the fans when they absolutely have to and it sickens me. Wii U? Count me out.

[quote name='sciafb']I won't be able to withhold buying a Wii U once No More Heroes 3 comes out.. so I hear ya on not buying unless it has what you want. But that should be a given regardless of what you buy. I wouldn't touch the xbox360 with a 10-foot pole until I heard Perfect Dark was coming in all its glory. =FACT

I don't know why some posts sounded so ill. I understand the frustration, I question NoA more than I ever have. The parent company Nintendo of Japan I have alot more trust in for actually knowing the situation of their company, Reggie on the other hand seems like dead weight more than ever before. And I really didn't have a problem with him when he first appeared or spoke at presentations.[/QUOTE]

Ironic you have more faith in NoJ when they most likely make almost all decisions on to what comes and what doesnt come to the us in the longrun and usually has the final say in anything Nintendo

Its awesome that even when nintendo takes dumps on its userbase, there are die hard fans to defend them every step of the way. Nintendo beats the shit out of you because nintendo loves you.

Also:

[quote name='yosh']Yay! One less person in line.[/QUOTE]

LOL, as if there is going to be a line for the Wii U. The 3DS was the follow up to the most popular gaming device in the world and no one gave a shit about it, and still dont. Wii U is going to do even WORSE then that. 99% of the Wii owning population think its a new controller for their existing wii, the other people know its going to have a joke of a online setup so its not worth anything other then for nintendo first party games, and whats the rush on those.

I can actually feel glad that Angry Birds is the new mario for this generation of kids, and its available on anything that can run code and not on a console designed to screw over and rape the consumer. Guys like SuperPhillip will be like those crazies on message forums talking about how awesome the PC-Engine was. Good times guys.

[quote name='SaraAB']The main complaint I have is Nintendo showed off these games and did not release them in the states, they shouldn't be showing off games that they have no intentions of releasing here.[/QUOTE]

Did they? I ask this seriously. It's not like they _ever_ said the games were coming to the US; they were obviously announced for Japan, and ... that's it. Gaming outlets covered them _assuming_ they were coming, but no, I can't say I recall NoA ever saying, "Hey! Check out this awesome game!" to US audiences.

Chewbacca's Abortion;8638044]They are smug bastards said:
The 3DS was the follow up to the most popular gaming device in the world and no one gave a shit about it, and still dont.

Second most popular. The most popular is still the PS2, and the PS3 was such a massive success right out of the gate ... oh. Point taken.

[quote name='trq']

If you boycott "arrogant" companies, I look forward to you sitting naked in a cave in the near future. Do you feel like Microsoft "over-delivered" with the 360? Did you get a second job to pay for your PS3?

[/QUOTE]

I own a 360, but most of my gaming (especially now) is done on my PC. But overall yes, I am pleased with how Microsoft delivered with the 360 and the Kinect.

[quote name='trq']did they? I ask this seriously. It's not like they _ever_ said the games were coming to the us; they were obviously announced for japan, and ... That's it. Gaming outlets covered them _assuming_ they were coming, but no, i can't say i recall noa ever saying, "hey! Check out this awesome game!" to us audiences.[/quote]

They showed off at least Xenoblade (not sure about the others) at E3 2008.

[quote name='trq']Did they? I ask this seriously. It's not like they _ever_ said the games were coming to the US; they were obviously announced for Japan, and ... that's it. Gaming outlets covered them _assuming_ they were coming, but no, I can't say I recall NoA ever saying, "Hey! Check out this awesome game!" to US audiences.[/QUOTE]

It was also announced to be coming out in Europe...complete with English and Japanese voice tracks. Granted, the English voice acting is supposedly very British in accent, but it'd still be better than nothing. American gamers who do want it bad enough could very well import and enjoy the game, if it weren't for stupid region locking.

That just seems weird to me...is the demand for JRPG's in Europe that much greater than it is in the US?

Also, just gotta say that it kind of sucks that the US has yet to see the Super NES/Super Famicom Classic Controller...even though Japan, Australia, and Europe all have/had it available, through one way or another.

[quote name='cochesecochese']Errrr...I think someone on GAF debunked that rumor.[/QUOTE]
Link? I haven't heard anything since, so I was going off of the latest information I had. Still doesn't excuse Nintendo (of America) however.

[quote name='Salamando3000']American gamers who do want it bad enough could very well import and enjoy the game, if it weren't for stupid region locking.[/QUOTE]
It takes about 20 minutes to hack your Wii and bypass region locking. Unless they change their minds, I'll just import these games. It would be nice to have an official NTSC release, but I can't say I'm all that bothered by the whole thing.

It does mean NOA will probably pull the same crap with the Wii U.
Would you be happy with something as hard to hack as the PS3? And if NOA keeps with all of the good games in Europe and all of the party/minigame crap in America.

bread's done
Back