Mad Catz Arcade Gamestick for $18.96

[quote name='Veronica Mars']1 buck off.....?[/QUOTE]A buck off, yes, but that also means its on clearance. Hopefully that'll mean more clearances elsewhere and cheaper prices because I would love to pick this thing up for $10-15, if nothing else to have a 360 controller with a d-pad that doesn't suck.

[quote name='Hoffgod']A buck off, yes, but that also means its on clearance. Hopefully that'll mean more clearances elsewhere and cheaper prices because I would love to pick this thing up for $10-15, if nothing else to have a 360 controller with a d-pad that doesn't suck.[/QUOTE]

This item was originally price around $50.

Controllers are expensive regardless how they are configured.

I think you get a 1 month LIVE trial too.

[quote name='Hoffgod']A buck off, yes, but that also means its on clearance. Hopefully that'll mean more clearances elsewhere and cheaper prices because I would love to pick this thing up for $10-15, if nothing else to have a 360 controller with a d-pad that doesn't suck.[/quote]

I still have blisters from trying to play Street Fighter Anniversary Collection with the 360 controller.

That said, I wonder how this would work with precision fighting games like Street Fighter? I imagine I'd have a lot more control than by just settling for the inaccuracies of the regular thumbstick or the costly alternative of that Hori Pad.

*ponders*

I may have to pick this up if it drops to 15 dollars or lower.

That thing is a POS, its not worth $5. I just recently broke down and got the VF5 arcade stick (same as the DOA stick). The only down side is how many XBL arcade games I have been buying now that they are actually playable.:applause:

[quote name='ICEPICC']This item was originally price around $50.

Controllers are expensive regardless how they are configured.

I think you get a 1 month LIVE trial too.[/QUOTE]Nah, this one comes with some Arcade games. Time Pilot, Frogger, and Astro Pop IIRC. That alone should make it worth it, but hey, I'm a gigantic cheap ass. Plus, with my 360 just RRoDing last week, I'm in no hurry to pick up new 360 accessories.

So, yeah, it's already a pretty good deal as is, but still, should get cheaper relatively soon.

My Track and Field scores went up immensely with the stick, but then I got scared to keep using it and break it. ;)

It's not as bad as some claim but it's by no means great. I got it for $13.99 from Best Buy on clearance and am fairly happy with the purchase, although the spinner works horribly with Tempest and not at all with Tron (I know this is a third party product but seriously, you'd think Microsoft would WANT to support stuff like this! It would've been great!)

[quote name='Hoffgod']Nah, this one comes with some Arcade games. Time Pilot, Frogger, and Astro Pop IIRC. That alone should make it worth it, but hey, I'm a gigantic cheap ass. Plus, with my 360 just RRoDing last week, I'm in no hurry to pick up new 360 accessories.

So, yeah, it's already a pretty good deal as is, but still, should get cheaper relatively soon.[/QUOTE]

I dont know where you got your info, but this is a $60 item already reduced. You can buy it from Mad Catz now for $40.

check the link

http://store.gameshark.com/viewItem.asp?idProduct=2710&idCategory=96

Product Features:

Official licensed Xbox 360™ product
Full-height joystick for the ultimate arcade experience
360°spinner control allows for all new types of gaming experiences
Includes 3 Xbox Live® Arcade games: Frogger®, Timepilot & Astropop™
Includes FREE Xbox Live® Gold Trial membership
Works great with all Xbox 360™ games
PC USB compatible

[quote name='demented1']That thing is a POS, its not worth $5. I just recently broke down and got the VF5 arcade stick (same as the DOA stick). The only down side is how many XBL arcade games I have been buying now that they are actually playable.:applause:[/quote]

Would any of the Contras be on that list? ;)

*sigh* I guess I'll just have to buy the overpriced Arcade Stick for my needs.

*buys*

*Arcade Stick goes on-sale, half-off-retail price the next day*

... :bomb:

Too bad it isn't available for shipping. I'd be willing to take the plunge at that price. Even if it is terrible and breaks, the free stuff would cover the cost.

I bought this gamestick not too long ago when someone mentioned it in another forum thread. At $19, it is not a bad deal considering that it comes with 3 Xbox Live arcade games. The Xbox Live Gold Membership is a 48 hour trial, so the code will only work with new Live accounts.

The joystick itself is pretty mediocre and not pleasant to use. I tried out the spinner on a couple of games and it sucked, but at least the turbo button works. As with any other Xbox 360 controller, you can use this controller on the PC as well.

But the main reason I bought this crappy controller is so that I can padhack it to put it in a custom arcade joystick to play fighting or arcade-style games. I already have the joystick parts ordered and the box built, so at that price it's pretty much worth it.

The joystick is absolute garbage, it has zero sensitivity and feels like its gonna break at any moment.. don't waste your money

It wasn't even worth the $10 I spent on it

Buy this for the included XBLA games - the stick sucks. The 'spinner' is a complete joke (thought it would be good for Tron - nope).
That said - this was (and might still be if you can find one)

bread's done
Back