Mad Catz - NEC XI Special BUY 1, GET 1 FREE PROMO on FightSticks! This weekend ONLY!

MarkMan

CAGiversary!
Feedback
5 (100%)
B1G1 FREE - Coupon Code 'NECXI' (Case sensitive), you can mix and match Round 1 & Round 2 sticks for PS3 and 360 - Street Fighter IV - GameShark� Store

4738.gif
SF4-RD2-4738.jpg

Just in case you missed out last week. This deal is just for NEC XI weekend!

If you want even BETTER deals, come visit the Mad Catz booth at NEC in Philly!

Fighting Game Tournaments in Philadelphia PA -- The Northeast Championships

I guess this won't stack with the 10% discount coupon, will it?

I didn't jump on the B1G1 promo from over BF weekend because it wouldn't let you mix and match and have a 10% off discount code left over from that.

:eek:

SFIV TE r2 is the same as SSFIV TE right?

I'm most likely in as long as they don't sell out by tonight.

Another question if Mark sees this. Should I get Tekken 6 for ps3 or xbox? Or does it not really matter?

[quote name='Antipodes']Another question if Mark sees this. Should I get Tekken 6 for ps3 or xbox? Or does it not really matter?[/QUOTE]

It doesn't really matter. Both have good players, with a slight edge to 360 since many pro's play on there. Yes, the TE round 2 stick is exactly the same as the TE stick, just different color scheme. Hope this helps!

[quote name='MarkMan']B1G1 FREE - Coupon Code 'NECXI' (Case sensitive), you can mix and match Round 1 & Round 2 sticks for PS3 and 360 - Street Fighter IV - GameShark� Store

4738.gif
SF4-RD2-4738.jpg

Just in case you missed out last week. This deal is just for NEC XI weekend!

If you want even BETTER deals, come visit the Mad Catz booth at NEC in Philly!

Fighting Game Tournaments in Philadelphia PA -- The Northeast Championships[/QUOTE]

Hi again Markman,

I placed my order two days ago, but my order hasn't shipped out yet. Is there any way I can take a 360 one and a ps3 stick instead of 2 ps3s? That's what I originally wanted to do, but had no idea you would do this. I know you'd have to go out of your way and I apologize for that. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks for everything as always!

I have to be honest, I've been trying to get a hold of someone in support because I haven't seen a charge go through even though my order shows as shipped and I am not receiving emails and I can't get through to anyone. I'm not real thrilled with that. I don't have an issue with my order other than the charge hasn't gone through so I want to double check that everything is kosher.

At least get some hold music :(

[quote name='mike.m']I have to be honest, I've been trying to get a hold of someone in support because I haven't seen a charge go through even though my order shows as shipped and I am not receiving emails and I can't get through to anyone. I'm not real thrilled with that. I don't have an issue with my order other than the charge hasn't gone through so I want to double check that everything is kosher.

At least get some hold music :([/QUOTE]

I'm sure your order will work out. Gameshark is usually good with keeping up with their orders. I've ordered a stick from them before and it worked out fine. Keep in mind that it's the holidays so everyone is extra busy. Have some faith and patience and i'm sure it'll work out! Good luck!

[quote name='darkitachi']I'm sure your order will work out. Gameshark is usually good with keeping up with their orders. I've ordered a stick from them before and it worked out fine. Keep in mind that it's the holidays so everyone is extra busy. Have some faith and patience and i'm sure it'll work out! Good luck![/QUOTE]

Oh I'm not worried that they'll take care of me. I've ordered before too. My issues right now are, I don't know if/when that charge is going through, and I have no way to contact them because my email is not receiving their emails and I can't get through on the phone.

Good deal but went with the Walmart deal couple weeks ago for the lower end fight sticks. Cashier forgot to ring one of them up so ended up with 2 for 14.

[quote name='shrike4242']I guess this won't stack with the 10% discount coupon, will it?

I didn't jump on the B1G1 promo from over BF weekend because it wouldn't let you mix and match and have a 10% off discount code left over from that.[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately the 10% code will not work with this. Sorry!

[quote name='Antipodes']:eek:

SFIV TE r2 is the same as SSFIV TE right?

I'm most likely in as long as they don't sell out by tonight.[/QUOTE]

SSFIV TE "S" and the Round 2s have differences. The case/shape on the SSFIV one has the slim sides and full panel art work. It has a slightly revised PCB and the lock/unlock feature also applies to Start & Select/Back buttons.

[quote name='Antipodes']Another question if Mark sees this. Should I get Tekken 6 for ps3 or xbox? Or does it not really matter?[/QUOTE]

Depends on how deep you plan on getting into the game. Most (if not all) major tournaments for TEKKEN 6 are played on PlayStation 3. You can't go wrong either way. I wouldn't recommend online play to anyone, but that's just me.

[quote name='bobphone']I'm near Philly. How much cheaper are we talking?[/QUOTE]

Depends on what you want. The prices will be significantly cheaper for the TE sticks. I'll also have TRITTON Gaming Headsets for a good price.

[quote name='darkitachi']Hi again Markman,

I placed my order two days ago, but my order hasn't shipped out yet. Is there any way I can take a 360 one and a ps3 stick instead of 2 ps3s? That's what I originally wanted to do, but had no idea you would do this. I know you'd have to go out of your way and I apologize for that. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks for everything as always![/QUOTE]

I'm sorry, as this is a separate promo from the holiday/Black Friday/Cyber Monday deal, this one is treated as a completely different promo. We can't change that order. The best you can do is try to cancel it/refuse shipment (if it has already shipped) and take advantage of this deal instead.

[quote name='mike.m']I have to be honest, I've been trying to get a hold of someone in support because I haven't seen a charge go through even though my order shows as shipped and I am not receiving emails and I can't get through to anyone. I'm not real thrilled with that. I don't have an issue with my order other than the charge hasn't gone through so I want to double check that everything is kosher.

At least get some hold music :([/QUOTE]

Sorry. As you can imagine, post Black Friday/Cyber Monday we were swamped with orders. Our distribution center/web store are trying their best to fulfill orders and send out things asap. Please note that the status isn't always up to date as some people will still have 'pending' while their product has already shipped, etc.

---

Thanks guys. Have a good weekend. I'll check this thread tomorrow night when I land in Philly.

[quote name='MarkMan']No, codes will not stack. You can pick one code, that's it. Sorry.[/QUOTE]

still a great deal, I havn't checked online but are the super edition sticks out of production now?

Markman I can't get my NECXI code to show in the final total before i hit submit, it still says 300+ ? That is incorrect I am assuming? I've tried 3 times now, I input code, apply, check out with information and on the final screen it comes out to 307. I go back to my cart and the code is removed.

[quote name='rdm2']Markman I can't get my NECXI code to show in the final total before i hit submit, it still says 300+ ? That is incorrect I am assuming? I've tried 3 times now, I input code, apply, check out with information and on the final screen it comes out to 307. I go back to my cart and the code is removed.[/QUOTE]

Try a different browser, like Opera. I was having problems last week using a code in firefox.

[quote name='rdm2']Markman I can't get my NECXI code to show in the final total before i hit submit, it still says 300+ ? That is incorrect I am assuming? I've tried 3 times now, I input code, apply, check out with information and on the final screen it comes out to 307. I go back to my cart and the code is removed.[/QUOTE]

Just checking, you are adding the SFIV sticks, and not SSFIV sticks right?

AFAIK it only works on the 4 sticks in the OP's link.

Anyone know if the TE Round 2 sticks or any of the MadCatz sticks are compatible with PC? I found that many people are complaining about Nvidiai chipsets not working along with MadCatz fightsticks. Anyone possibly could confirm this?

If you want PC compatibility, I suggest getting the Xbox 360 versions as they run on the Microsoft Controller For Windows drivers/software.

Sorry for the bother again. Will these deals this weekend come with free shipping? Wasn't the last week deals free shipping!?

Last week wasn't free shipping. This week isn't either.

Past promos had Round 2 FightSticks for $100 with free shipping. But those promos are done with.

BTW, FedEx Ground is only $7.50. That's fairly cheap for shipping a 12 lb box of that size.

Sorry for being a bother, never bought fightsticks. I wanted to buy two for my two SSF4 so I could play with my son. But I also wanted to buy two more for christmas gifts. I noticed I could not combine 4 fightsticks together with the code. I can make two transactions on the same address? Of course both with the B1G1 free deal!?

I had my web team look into it, so if anyone had any issues, it should be fixed now. Thanks for your patience!

Have a good weekend everyone. Just a heads up, this deal ends, end of day Monday.

This SHOULD be the final discount/promo of the year.

Happy Holidays.

Received my shipping email last night. It stated it would arrive roughly on 2nd (yesterday). Still haven't received it yet but I'm patient.

There's been great deals on these sticks lately.

I know the Super sticks are out of production and they're clearing out all the Round 1/Round 2 sticks.
I can only imagine the percentage of those who want arcade sticks have purchased them within the last two years they've been on the market. I wonder when the license for SFIV runs out and if we'll be able to see these TE sticks (which were once very expensive and rare) for as cheap as $50 or $60 each. Sense points to no considering it has $48 worth of buttons/stick in each one (not including the PCB, case, wiring etc), but it's still pretty interesting.

-FrankCastleAZ

[quote name='FrankCastleAZ']

I know the Super sticks are out of production and they're clearing out all the Round 1/Round 2 sticks.
I can only imagine the percentage of those who want arcade sticks have purchased them within the last two years they've been on the market. I wonder when the license for SFIV runs out and if we'll be able to see these TE sticks (which were once very expensive and rare) for as cheap as $50 or $60 each. Sense points to no considering it has $48 worth of buttons/stick in each one (not including the PCB, case, wiring etc), but it's still pretty interesting.

-FrankCastleAZ[/QUOTE]

i would kick myself if they get as cheap as $50 or $60.. but i guess it's not that bad consider with this b1g1 its essentially $75/ea.

nice sig too! it gave me an idea actually as it was scrolling through the various items... modded wii te sticks!? wow, i may have found something to do with my extra te stick from this. i have a wii standard stick, maybe i can rip the guts out of that one and put it into one of the round 2s! (unless someone comes out with a tri mod)

[quote name='frpilot']i would kick myself if they get as cheap as $50 or $60.. but i guess it's not that bad consider with this b1g1 its essentially $75/ea.

nice sig too! it gave me an idea actually as it was scrolling through the various items... modded wii te sticks!? wow, i may have found something to do with my extra te stick from this. i have a wii standard stick, maybe i can rip the guts out of that one and put it into one of the round 2s! (unless someone comes out with a tri mod)[/QUOTE]

Thanks.

I modded those about 5 or 6 months ago with PCBs from crappy knockoff Gamecube controllers from meritline.com. I have no idea whether they're common ground or high ground and I only wired 4 buttons and the 4 directional buttons on each. They're also not dual modded, I only inserted in the hacked pads and connected to the buttons/sticks.
Honestly, I'm feeling a bit of regret making those Wii TE sticks as TvC is the only fighting game that really needs a stick ( we run GG: ACPlus on PS2) but I could always open it up and put back the original PCB or one for a different system (Dreamcast perhaps :p )
Doing a dual mod might be better for you, but I dunno it's all preference and how often you'd use it.

Good luck

-FrankCastleAZ

good point, it might not be worth it since i only have TvC on wii and i'm not sure if i will play that much once mvc3 comes out (i'm not really a fan of the vs games as it is). i just prefer the larger base of the te sticks and since i have the wii fightstick i thought it would be as easy as swapping the board and wires over. i will have to think about doing this.

awesome deal. thanks MarkMan:bow: for many words of wisdom about arcade sticks. this is probably the best deal on SFIV TE FightStick for a while since FRYs Electronic's deal (which was about $70-$80)

this is as great is it will get modding is expensive. If you plan to or if your upgrading from a SE expect to buy at least $50 or more worth of parts including buttons and stick from lizardlick.com

Also I was wondering what would be the best lubing tool to grease up the pivot points and shafts for older arcade sticks? I heard as long as it's silicone based grease it's good, maybe Markman or others can provide some input? I usually don't shop for this kind of stuff probably any hardware store such as ace hardware or orchard's supply these kind I assume?

This is an awesome deal, especially since the last Sony update killed my PS2 to PS3 joystick converter. Plus SOMEBODY is always looking to use a Joystick at Final Round,lol.

Wish I had $$$ for this deal but I dont get paid til next week!!!!! I hope to see this deal one more time MarkMan. *wink*wink*

Ah MarkMan, your efforts for the fighting game community never end lol.

You've finally got me, in on this deal! I feel like I'm gonna start getting a collection like yours :drool:

Nice award, but also I would like to ask, I ordered my sticks Friday and would like to know:

If it is still pending and is shipping to New York, do you, Markman, thing it will take until next Monday to be shipped to me? T_T I would be really sad.

I have no idea to be honest. I would check with the web team/customer support team.

If you ordered on Friday after 3 PM PST, the order probably hasn't even processed.

This is a great deal thanks MarkMan! Glad I waited on getting buying one of these sticks. Now I will have 2 of them.

bread's done
Back