Mad Catz Xbox Live Arcade Retro Stick

KingDox

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
I saw it at best buy tonight. It was 50 bucks and looked kinda cool. The thing comes with Frogger, Astro pop and some other game. And it claims the games are a "20 value". It's a cool the stick comes with the games but I would have appriciated points over game codes.

I also thought it was cool that the stick has a "Spinner" the package said the spinner is used on Spinner Enabled games. Maybe Tempest is comming to the 360 since I can't really think of any other arcade games that use the spinner.

EB has it online here:
http://www.ebgames.com/product.asp?product_id=802511

I'm almost temped to find a deal on it but I don't think I would pay more then 30 bucks for it. Plus I'm 90% sure it isn't wireless. That's kinda a downer and a big minus.

If anyone picks it up please post and tell us what you think.

EDIT: It looks like eb sells the stick for 60 bucks. I could have sworn Bestbuy had it stickered for 50. Funny.

With the $20 off google checkout going on at Buy.com before christmas I passed on it for $30. If it was wireless it would probably be worth it. Personally I can't stand wired controllers anymore. Plus I am tired of this bundle games of our choice in any type of bundle live, vision, controller. Why not just put the points in with the package? Plus you know eventually there will probably be a wireless version just give it time...

[quote name='kjauburn']With the $20 off google checkout going on at Buy.com before christmas I passed on it for $30. If it was wireless it would probably be worth it. Personally I can't stand wired controllers anymore. Plus I am tired of this bundle games of our choice in any type of bundle live, vision, controller. Why not just put the points in with the package? Plus you know eventually there will probably be a wireless version just give it time...[/QUOTE]

There won't be a wireless version (unless MS releases it)...the "wireless" feature of 360 controllers is proprietary to MS only. So we can forget about 3rd party wireless guitars, arcade sticks, etc (for now).

[quote name='toper']There won't be a wireless version (unless MS releases it)...the "wireless" feature of 360 controllers is proprietary to MS only. So we can forget about 3rd party wireless guitars, arcade sticks, etc (for now).[/quote]

Not quite. I've seen some 3rd party wireless conrollers but they were stamped with the MS seal of approval. They must be required to be certfiied by MS before they can use that feature so MS can make sure they work right. (and probably collect some extra $$)

[quote name='klwillis45']Not quite. I've seen some 3rd party wireless conrollers but they were stamped with the MS seal of approval. They must be required to be certfiied by MS before they can use that feature so MS can make sure they work right. (and probably collect some extra $$)[/QUOTE]

I stand corrected...thanks for clearing that up.

bread's done
Back