Mad Maestro

Eviltude

CAGiversary!
Feedback
27 (100%)
Well I have had this game for a while, got it through a trade on here actually about 6 months ago. I just now got around to playing it though and it is pretty good. It's an easy and fast game but kept you entertained the entire time.

For those of you that dont know, Mad Maestro is an OLD OLD OLD PS2 game, one of the first games that launched in Japan if I'm not mistaken. You are a maestro of a classical orchestra who runs around and uses your "Magical Music" to resolve situations throughout town. Stupid premise if you ask me, but it didnt turn out to be too bad. The one this you will need for this game is an attraction to musical games in general, or a likeness for classical music. It's like a DDR game kinda.

So has anyone else played this game? Better yet, anyone else ever played this game AND LIKED IT? Lol, just thought I'd share my latest gaming adventure. :p

[quote name='Eviltude']Well I have had this game for a while, got it through a trade on here actually about 6 months ago. I just now got around to playing it though and it is pretty good. It's an easy and fast game but kept you entertained the entire time.

For those of you that dont know, Mad Maestro is an OLD OLD OLD PS2 game, one of the first games that launched in Japan if I'm not mistaken. You are a maestro of a classical orchestra who runs around and uses your "Magical Music" to resolve situations throughout town. Stupid premise if you ask me, but it didnt turn out to be too bad. The one this you will need for this game is an attraction to musical games in general, or a likeness for classical music. It's like a DDR game kinda.

So has anyone else played this game? Better yet, anyone else ever played this game AND LIKED IT? Lol, just thought I'd share my latest gaming adventure. :p[/QUOTE]

I kinda liked it overall but had some issues with the controls. I hated how you really had to be good with the analog button presses, making sure you hit the light/medium/hard presses just right. Otherwise a nice looking game with really cool music.

Enjoyable, but the sheer difficulty later on just killed me back when I got it. Then again, that was before I refined my rhythm-game skills with Harmonix games.

Chowder: Ya it was difficult early on but I got used to it fairly quick. On the last pass i think I miss hit 2 times on the total songs. What got me was when it switched from like, blue to green to red to blue really quick.

Amano: Thats what you get for having no rythm :p -Crazy, non-dancing white kids-
...-Eviltude stares at himself.-

I loved it, and we definitely need to see more classical music games. Or jazz for that matter, since there are virtually no jazz music games.

I wished it had more veriety of music really... all the songs were great, but soem jazz or whatever other insturmental stuff put in there woul dhave made it much more enjoyable. Decent game otherwise. A feeind of mine got too addicted to it after a while, so I had to get rid of my copy.

[quote name='Eviltude']Amano: Thats what you get for having no rythm :p -Crazy, non-dancing white kids-
...-Eviltude stares at himself.-[/QUOTE]

I'm only half white, mind you. There's hope yet.

... I hope.

I was pleasantly surprised when I started playing it. I thought it was pretty easy to pick up and play, but was challenging as well. I couldn't put it down once I started playing until I beat it.

My wife and I both enjoyed it (once we started playing it with the DualShock 2 instead of the Logitech wireless - the pressure sensitivity is an interesting aspect to the gameplay).

It's the only game I've owned where the instruction manual tells you that you'll enjoy the game much more if you blast it on your stereo - and it's right. :)

I have this game. When I bought it, it was a choice between this and Mr. Mosquito. Suffice to say, I liked this quite a bit. I love the Hungarian dance song ^^.

I wish it was easier to open the minigames. You had to play the original song perfectly, get lucky and have the minigame open, and beat the minigame. If not, you are SOL and have to try all over. Yeech

I probably would have liked it if it had a mode that mapped each color to a different controller button instead of having the press the same button differently. As it was, I ended up trading it in (in ebgames' "trade in your old PS2 without the online thingy and 5 games for a new PS2").

bread's done
Back