Mad Max PC (Steam) $14.99 via CDKeys.com

Maddiablo94

CAGiversary!
Feedback
18 (100%)
So I have heard mixed things about this website and was wondering if the keys that they get are leagal or not. Just was wondering if you guys have had any bad experience with them. I know they did this when mortal kombat kame out awhile ago, not sure what ended up happening to people who bought the codes.

www.cdkeys.com/pc/games/mad-max-pc

Edit: posted this on my phone, fixed the link.

Last edited by a moderator:
sounds legit to me

• Why are your products so cheap? Our management team have over thirty years of combined experience within the industry with an extensive network of suppliers and contacts from which to source products. We buy from all corners of the globe to ensure the cheapest possible prices and as we only sell products in digital form we're able to make significant savings on postage and related expenses - we then pass these reductions on to you, which ensures our pricing is the most competitive around!

They are grey market, and IIRC the general idea on deal forums like this is not to support them, mods usually close the threads.

Never had a problem with CDKeys, but be warned. When it's this cheap, CDKeys knows it sucks. 

Still took the risk and pre-ordered. 

Never had a problem with CDKeys, but be warned. When it's this cheap, CDKeys knows it sucks.

Still took the risk and pre-ordered.
No, it usually means they're part of some video card offer, letting them buy up a bunch of surplus codes. Nothing to do with the game's quality -- it's not like Witcher 3 and MKX (port issues aside) are piles of shit. Batman... Well. They can't all be winners.

That said, this site is scummy and bad and I would not have sex with it.

*Generic comment bashing CD Keys*

*Another generic comment about risk*

*Third generic comment about how this doesn't belong on CAG* 

Another $1 off from liking their Facebook page with coupon code for 5% off. 

Was gonna get it for PS4 at Best Buy for $51 after tax with $10 preorder certificate, but this is still over $22 cheaper and I feel will run better (less pop in) than the PS4 version on a decent PC.

Gonna buy it this Friday.

Bought an Arkham Knight key off them about a week before launch. The code they sent me was already "claimed."

When I e-mailed them about it, they refused to replace or send me a refund, saying I must have activated it. Paypal, sadly, sided with them due to their TOS saying they have the right to refuse refunds for any reason (including their own screw up).

Screw these guys, will never buy from again. They're shady as hell and it's my fault for rolling the dice. 

Also, if you're thinking of preordering a WB PC port, you need your head checked.

So I have heard mixed things about this website and was wondering if the keys that they get are leagal or not. Just was wondering if you guys have had any bad experience with them. I know they did this when mortal kombat kame out awhile ago, not sure what ended up happening to people who bought the codes.

www.cdkeys.com/pc/games/mad-max-pc

Edit: posted this on my phone, fixed the link.
I have bought many games from them. I had one problem once with a key, which was resolved in about an hour working with their customer service.

Redeemed my code earlier today. Game has been added to my library, but I can't download it until next week because the game comes out Tuesday. Hope everyone else has a good experience with their code as well.

Some people say it is shady, but then for every one there are 10 others on this forum who have no issue with it. And I know multiple people who have bought this game with no issues.

To each their own i guess. 

The source is definitely Shady and those keys were not meant for being sold to the US. The fact that people haven't had problems with them doesn't change that. If someone's okay with that it's up to them.

Other similar Shady key sellers there have definitely been people having issues with. I can't recall any reports of issues with these guys off hand so the risk is probably minimal but there's still always some risk buying from Grey Market Key sellers.

They've been $17 on G2A since release day. I got one from there and beat the game in about 4 days. It's a solid game but the main story missions can be done in around 20 hours and there's a shit ton of exploring to do, but there's not really any point since the game is essentially finished once you complete the last mission.

Well worth $15-20 though.

I was on the fence for this game, but $15 bucks can't be beaten. First time using CDKeys.com. So far everything went smooth and the code worked on Steam.

bought this game a couple weeks back from cdkeys.

transaction went fine. no issues with steam.  looks great at the very end of my game backlog

i approve

so far

Got a key this morning and it was invalid. Created a ticket and w/in an hour they replied back asking for a screenshot which I sent. Havent heard back from them so far today...

Got a key this morning and it was invalid. Created a ticket and w/in an hour they replied back asking for a screenshot which I sent. Havent heard back from them so far today...
Ugh. Keep us updated if they get back to you if you don't mind. I'm kind of curious as to how they handle these sorts of situations.

Shut up, cdkeys is awesome. Get with the program man. :shame:
Be nice. People outside the Steam thread won't get your sarcasm. :p

Ugh. Keep us updated if they get back to you if you don't mind. I'm kind of curious as to how they handle these sorts of situations.

Be nice. People outside the Steam thread won't get your sarcasm. :p
People exist outside the walled garden?

Before Mad Max launched, pre-order keys weren't region locked and you could buy them from RU sources for $15.  People selling them for $18-$25 were almost certainly getting them from there.  RU keys are now locked and so I'd become suspicious of anyone selling Mad Max for under $20 or so and guess that the keys were obtained via more fraudulent means (credit card theft, stolen accounts, etc). 

I know, I know, "I bought ninety-eleven games and they all worked and then they came and washed my dog!".  If you want to take the risk, knock yourself out.  I'm just saying that the super cheap keys had a reasonable "legitimate" source before and now they don't so it's worth evaluating when you decide.

Just picked up Mad Max , Batman Arkham knight and Mortal Kombat . no issues and paid with paypal  all three activated fine on Steam

Sent a couple of more email and posted to them on Twitter. I havent heard back from them yet. Hoping for a refund if they cant give me a key.

Their Twitter account asked me to create a new ticket. After two hours they emailed me that they gave me a new key... which is also invalid. I am wondering if they know that their keys are bad? Two in a row. If it matters and it likely does I am in the US. The story above about the keys being from another country and not being allowed to be redeemed via the US by Steam kind of holds.

Their Twitter account asked me to create a new ticket. After two hours they emailed me that they gave me a new key... which is also invalid. I am wondering if they know that their keys are bad? Two in a row. If it matters and it likely does I am in the US. The story above about the keys being from another country and not being allowed to be redeemed via the US by Steam kind of holds.
You're really bringing down the whole positive vibe of this thread man ...

kellysheroes2t1oddball.jpg

If it's a regional issue, it will say "this key can only be redeemed in the following countries...". If the key says it was redeemed than obviously it was redeemed by someone else. If it comes back as invalid, it likely means that the payment on it was revoked or failed and the retail merchant contacted Steam not to honor it. That would be the case with keys bought via some sort of theft or fraud.

FWIW I checked the CDkeys.com Mad Max page and it promises The Ripper DLC included, which was the pre-order bonus. It should be a pre-order key which should be worldwide and not region locked. In theory.

I suspect Brevity's issue is more of a revoked key purchased with a stolen credit card type of thing than a regional one.

Maybe they bought it from a Russian source with a stolen credit card!

Yeah, I was mainly wondering what exactly was "bad" about the code since that would narrow down why it was bad.

bread's done
Back