Mad World (!!!!)

Blaine

CAGiversary!
Looks... awesome.

Holy shit !!! So far, best in show.

It's like No More Heroes with Sin City.

madworld-002.jpg

Joystiq had a lot of man love for the game. And it's possible that the main character may be voiced by the same dude who did Marcus Fenix. I was pulling for Ron Perlman.

Last edited by a moderator:
My first thought was, "they shouldve showed this during the press briefing."

But then after watching it, I'm glad they didnt. Looking good though.

Well you can't exactly segue from throwing a disc to puppies into a man plunging a caution sign through someone's skull.

Well, you could, but it would require deathmetal music, the disc would have to sprout blades in mid-air, the puppy would be decapitated, and grungy band members would burst forth from the ground upon a giant skull that had magma flowing out of its eyes, playing riffs in rapid drones and screaming about murder.

Is that Danny Bono-douchey doing the voice over? Please tell me this isn't part of the game. If I have to listen to that stupid play-by-play during the actual game I might actually kill someone with a chainsaw.

I hope its fun like No More Heroes. They should of shown this trailer after Animal Crossing City Folk!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='bmulligan']Is that Danny Bono-douchey doing the voice over? Please tell me this isn't part of the game. If I have to listen to that stupid play-by-play during the actual game I might actually kill someone with a chainsaw.[/quote]

Actually, it probably is part of the game...I posted this in the other thread(This game was a big feature in the current Nintendo Power)

[quote name='m3talst0rm']Got my nintendo power yesterday and Mad World was on the cover with a six page article inside. Interesting info:

*Protagonist name is Jack
*Forced to participate in a Lethal game show known as Death Watch
*Objective is to score points by dispatching your opponents in the most entertaining way possible.
*Game is being developed primarily for a Western audience
*Violence in game is to be Over-the-top and non-realistic = funny
*Found objects=eliminate opponents (i.e. caution sign)
*Chainsaw arm= eliminate opponents (press B button for finishing move!)
*Purchase additional weapons from armories scattered throughout Death Watch
*Example: Pair of long Daggers~lift guy up with them and remove legs, knock opponent into air and remove all four limbs, and excising an opponent's spine.
*"Don't expect any moving crate puzzles or missions that send you rummaging for keys."
*Nishikawa: "we wanted to create a game that would allow players to have a lot of fun in short chunks."
*Jack will have the opportunity to participate in hilariously gruesome minigames called Bloodbath Challenges: MANDARTS and Death Press
*Mandarts: gigantic dartboard rises from street and Jack picks up a baseball bat and starts knocking foes toward it. Closer they get to target = more points
*Death Press: hurl as many enemies as possible under large spike-covered hydraulic press within a given time limit

*"We're making all of the boss characters very unique so that when players see them, each one will be etched in their minds forever"

*"the thought of taking Sin City into 3-D and letting the player move around it seemed very exciting."

*harsh rock soundtrack that gets you in the mood to wreak havoc
*keeping with the game show motif, the action will also be accompanied by color commentary.

I just skimmed the article, so if I run across any more information, I'll post it.[/quote]

[quote name='bmulligan']Is that Danny Bono-douchey doing the voice over? Please tell me this isn't part of the game. If I have to listen to that stupid play-by-play during the actual game I might actually kill someone with a chainsaw.[/quote]

Actually I think it's Greg Proops (from Whose Line?)

I kinda thought the voice sounded like Thomas Haden Church of Wings and Tales From The Crypt: Demon Knight fame.

Demon Knight... now that'd be a good game.

[quote name='Blaine']I kinda thought the voice sounded like Thomas Haden Church of Wings and Tales From The Crypt: Demon Knight fame.

Demon Knight... now that'd be a good game.[/QUOTE]

Wow breaking out Demon Knight from his resume as a reference? :lol: No Spider-man 3 or Sideways?

bread's done
Back