Madcatz 4588 Blaster for reg XBOX calibration troubleshooting

nooitzben

CAGiversary!
I got this accessory for reg xbox to play for house of dead 3. I recently tested it out after a few years of not playing it. I had trouble trying to calibrate the aim of the gun properly with my two tv's I had. It wasn't aim properly as if the aim wasn't even landing on the screen. Every other feature of the gun seems to be working fine...it's just the calibration was no good.

I got this from a review from Amazon from a user that stated why it might not be my gun that is the problem but it's the tv and I believe it might be true

"This device works very well on "tube-type" televisions but does not work on the newer LCD and Plasma screen TV's. Luckily the remote has the ability to use the buttons and joystick, but the light feature is not capable of working. This has to do with how the different types of TV's actually work. The "tube-type" TV's are continually scanning their pixels on the screen and refreshing them. The LCD and plasma screens turn on the pixel and do not turn them off until there is a change. The light gun is looking for the continual "blink" of the pixels to figure out where it is being aimed. I have been forced to hook my game system up to an old TV so this remote will work well, thus I am sadly disappointed that I can't use the system in the main living room and have to play in a separate bedroom that still has the older type of TV."

I did have an older "tube-type" tv but funny how the last one in my house stopped working just about last year so I am left with the newer big screen tvs. One of them is LCD too. Any suggestions of what to do with this dilemma with using this gun accessory?

You are correct. If you want to use it, you're going to have to find a CRT television. A "tube like" tv as you put it. Those guns just don't work with current TV technology.

Okay thx for the confirmation. I will test out the gun again when an old CRT tv is available for use.

bread's done
Back