Madcatz arcade sticks in Vancouver

thebigboss

CAG Veteran
hey guys, im planning on getting Sf4 and it would not be playing Street fighter without an arcade stick so i planned on getting the one madcatz is making and i phoned eb,futureshop,bestbuy and playntrade and they all said they are either not carrying it or they're trying to get their hands on them can u guys tell me anywhere thats carrying them in the area? and ps im calling gamedeals tmr and asking about the sticks.

EBGames

they dont see it because only the fight stick and the fight pad are in the new release list for ps3/360. tell them to look them up under the accessory department. An email came down yesterday that showed all of these sku's. tell them not to be lazy

There are no more pre-orders for the regular fight stick. (69.99) The tournament stick (149.99) is still available for pre-order. I suggest doing it today because you dont know when they will stop pre-orders on that stick

Just placed an order for the 360 TE stick in the Toronto Eaton Centre. The cost of the stick is $189.99. The employee told me all accessories are still available for pre-order (standard stick, pad, and TE). On a related note, they are no longer taking pre-orders for the actual game.

[quote name='PooPooRocket']Just placed an order for the 360 TE stick in the Toronto Eaton Centre. The cost of the stick is $189.99. The employee told me all accessories are still available for pre-order (standard stick, pad, and TE). On a related note, they are no longer taking pre-orders for the actual game.[/quote]
Do you have any idea whether you can order a specific character art pad, or if it's just random?

well called eb today and they said all the non-te sticks are sold out, they said the preorders are solded out everywhere in canada so if any of u guys in the vancouver area that grabbed 2 and are planning to sell one hook me up :)

I was still able to place an order for the game today in store at EB (Richmond Center), and the sales clerk told me that I can preorder the TE stick too. However, she said the regular stick was not available and that the TE stick would not be available at launch, but sometime in March.

I went a few days ago asking to preorder the TE and they took my $5 so I was happy. Then I looked at the reciept and they put me down for the regular stick. I went back and asked them to correct it and they said they're not taking preorders for the TE yet. A few hours later they called me and let me change to TE over the phone. $189.99 D:

[quote name='Solid-Snake-Eyes']Do you have any idea whether you can order a specific character art pad, or if it's just random?[/quote]

Sorry, I have no idea. I would call them first; they were helpful enough on the phone to let me know that the TE was available.

I pre-ordered the Standard one today from the EB @ Hillcrest Mall in Richmond Hill, if that helps anyone. They also were taking orders for the TE if I wanted.

anyone been to the walmart at boundry and grandview? do they have the non te sticks? or hell im so desperate for a arcade stick right now do u guys know anyone in vancouver that has a arcade stick or anyone selling one for ps3?

[quote name='thebigboss']anyone been to the walmart at boundry and grandview? do they have the non te sticks? or hell im so desperate for a arcade stick right now do u guys know anyone in vancouver that has a arcade stick or anyone selling one for ps3?[/quote]

The ones we're talking about aren't out yet. Just preorder one from EB and pick it up when they have it.

the te is much more sturdy, easier to mod, the parts for it are top of the line and there is a compartment to keep the cord inside

well right now im stuck between the hori for ps3 or the ps2/ps3/pc usb one u know which one is better or u can recommend me a better one thats cheap?

Man I have noo idea about arcade sticks, I just heard about the XCM one and heard it was top-notch. I'm sure plenty of CAGs are familiar with some great bang-for-the-buck arcade sticks.

non-TE sticks are just as easy to mod, they're all quick disconnects also. Would technically be cheaper to buy the non-TE and then buy the buttons/stick to replace them, but that's more work. I'm lazy so the extra money for the TE is worth it.

okay guys im still under 18 and i just got a job so now since i have the money im stuck between the xarcade, sf te , and HRAP which one should i get? the main deciding factor for me is the joystick the xarcade has the baseball bat one which is american and the sf and hrap have the jap one which one is better ?

[quote name='thebigboss']okay guys im still under 18 and i just got a job so now since i have the money im stuck between the xarcade, sf te , and HRAP which one should i get? the main deciding factor for me is the joystick the xarcade has the baseball bat one which is american and the sf and hrap have the jap one which one is better ?[/quote]

It all depends, really. How is your experience with fighting games in the arcade? If you're used to the bat-style, then get that, if not get the ball-top. The TE and HRAP are both a good choice, it all just depends on which you can get your hands on.

Personally, I'm looking to save a bit of money so here's my plan:

- HRAP EX, IF I can find it for it's proper/usual price of about $130. (it's selling for about $250 right now because of the SF4 craze)
- MadCatz Standard Edition fight stick for CAD $90 - $100, plus about $40 worth of Sanwa custom parts.

The tournament edition's price after tax is a bit much for me.

Has anyone considered a custom Joystick?

We make custom joysticks which use the exact same parts as the MadCatz TE. Sanwa/Seimitsu arcade parts from Japan.

Here are a few if anyone is interested

Angel-wings-v2.jpg

SF2-whip-v2.jpg

Red-Head-v1.jpg

Hayabusa-v7.jpg

We are in Toronto Ontario, and have Made sticks for gamers in BC and the rest of Canada ;)

If anyone is interested, PM me or check out our website http://arcadewhips.com I'll be happy to answer any questions you may have!

Jay
http://arcadewhips.com

bread's done
Back