Madcatz SF X Tekken FightStick, Hori Soul Calibur Stick (360, PS3) $100 + FS @Newegg

Bosamba

CAGiversary!
[quote name='JoshTX']Good price on what is probably a quality stick, but I'm not feeling the artwork.[/QUOTE]

Changing out the artwork is easy enough (and cheap).

Great price. I already own an Eightarc fusion, MvC3 Mad Catz TE, a modded brawlpad, and a MK klassic stick though :)

I like the old first gen tournament stick design. And for hundred bucks, it's tempting, but I'll Pass for cheaper like 80ish rsnge

Fantastic deal! Told a friend about it and he bought one. His first arcade stick, too.

Good deal .only time i saw this price was during the EVO series tourneys like CEO and ECT. Great stick, tek innovations is your best friend when it comes to the artwork.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='PancakesAreLove']So is the SSFIV for $60 used a good deal. Found an add on craigslist.[/QUOTE]

If it is a TE and it works then it is a fantastic deal.

If it is a SE stick then that is not a good deal, stay away.

[quote name='antlp89']If it is a TE and it works then it is a fantastic deal.

If it is a SE stick then that is not a good deal, stay away.[/QUOTE]

What is TE and SE? SE mean Standard Edition (right?)

[quote name='PancakesAreLove']So is the SSFIV for $60 used a good deal. Found an add on craigslist.[/QUOTE]Yes, but there have been slight hardware improvements for each generation - the SSFIV is gen 2, I think MvC/SFvT are gen 3 - and it depends how "used" of course, but yeah, that's a good price

If you're in need of a stick, and are serious about fighting games, get this now. If you invest in a stick of lower quality because it's cheaper, you will regret it in the future, trust me. These sticks are QUALITY. All sanwa parts, too.

Man, this is too tempting. I want this stick so bad, but I've already got like 3... :whistle2:#

[quote name='PancakesAreLove']What is TE and SE? SE mean Standard Edition (right?)[/QUOTE]

Yep and TE for Tournament Ed.
TE- real parts, bigger stick,
0001.jpg

SE- everything opposite
SFIV%20SE%20FightStick.jpg

Thank you. I'll ask what type it is. I'm not really picky since I don't play fighters much but I always get blisters when I play on controllers but I should at least get a good quality one.

It's the TE Stick, all of the same components from the TE Stick were incorporated into this PRO version. I believe it even says Tournament Edition PRO right on it. I had one for a little while, my only gripe was that the artwork was scratched right out of the box. Would still recommend at this price because the angles are great for resting your wrists.

[quote name='ahchamna']Does anyone know if its PC compatible?[/QUOTE]

Xbox is pretty much guaranteed to work.
PS3 stick might not even work, depending on your graphics card (I'm not sure which ones are compatible). Also, you might need to remap your buttons, and the home button doesn't work. Even though it might seem like a hassle, it really isn't.

[quote name='ahchamna']Does anyone know if its PC compatible?[/QUOTE]

The 360 version is plug and play with Windows.

Just like the regular 360 controller

These sticks are great quality, my buddy just bought one at EVO for the same price. If you are looking for a dual mod then go with the eight arc.

At this point, I'm looking for a stick to add modified Seimitsu parts (an LS-33 with parts from an LS-56; and maybe something like PS-14-G buttons with Sanwa OBSF-30RG springs) or flat out buying an Korean-style Omni stick.

Oddly, I've never owned a MadCatz stick before. But, I've spent roughly two thousand dollars buying miscellaneous sticks/parts over the years (a substantial part of that cost coming from having shipped things from Japan).

[quote name='Roll']Xbox is pretty much guaranteed to work.
PS3 stick might not even work, depending on your graphics card (I'm not sure which ones are compatible). Also, you might need to remap your buttons, and the home button doesn't work. Even though it might seem like a hassle, it really isn't.[/QUOTE]
interesting, i was plan on buying the ps3 version because I have a ps3, but no fighting games on it. My ps3 controller works on my PC just fine though, and my fighting games are on my PC. WIll have to do some extensive research

[quote name='Roll']Xbox is pretty much guaranteed to work.
PS3 stick might not even work, depending on your graphics card (I'm not sure which ones are compatible). Also, you might need to remap your buttons, and the home button doesn't work. Even though it might seem like a hassle, it really isn't.[/QUOTE]
it can vary by manufacturer. it is always best to go with officially licensed hardware from a respectable manufacturer that put the time into optimizing their product for the software it is expected to run on. for ps3 and pc, i went with the logitech g27 racing wheel and hori soul calibur v ps3/pc stick.
[quote name='ahchamna']interesting, i was plan on buying the ps3 version because I have a ps3, but no fighting games on it. My ps3 controller works on my PC just fine though, and my fighting games are on my PC. WIll have to do some extensive research[/QUOTE]

the hori sticks advertised as pc compatible are officially licensed for windows. for example, the hori soul calibur v is great for both ps3 and windows.

Can someone point out the differences between the Pro and Pro-line? I don't see them. I'm missing something?

[quote name='Pounce!']Can someone point out the differences between the Pro and Pro-line? I don't see them. I'm missing something?[/QUOTE]

The Artwork.

bread's done
Back