Madcatz TE Stick B1G1 Free

This is a good deal. I'm thinking of getting it, but if their were a free shipping code that would be good. anyone know if their will be another deal like this or is their a new fightstick coming out since MVC3 is coming in Feb.

Wow. So after sales tax and shipping it comes out to about 85 bucks each for me. Pretty good deal even though they're the Round 1 TEs. It might even be a better deal than the HRAP3 from yesterday since it already comes with all Sanwa parts stock and has a Vewlix layout.

Surprised that Markman hasn't made a Thanksgiving sale thread yet.

The Round 2 is also B1G1 free, so it comes out to $78 each. I couldn't help it so I decided to order it :D

Wow these really tanked in value. I checked ebay to see what I could sell the second stick I don't need for and it's not much. Looks like pretty much all of them sell for under 100 now, with a lot of them in the 60 to 70 range. Granted a lot of those are used but in excellent condition. Remember what these babies were going for back when they came out? I remember some going for in the neighborhood of 300 bucks.

I'm curious to buy one for the 360 and PS3, but never ordered through gameshark?? Are the joysticks in brand new and factory sealed condition and is it possible for Amazon to PM this??

[quote name='NolbertoS']I'm curious to buy one for the 360 and PS3, but never ordered through gameshark?? Are the joysticks in brand new and factory sealed condition and is it possible for Amazon to PM this??[/QUOTE]

its brand new. If it was used or anything it would be stated that its used or open box. I know the site doesn't say its new or used but I am sure its new/factory sealed.

[quote name='MarkMan']I'm at home, sick :([/QUOTE]

Sucks man, I hope you feel better. Also, if you were there in Milpitas last weekend...that might have been it =P

Folks, make sure to sign on to the newsletter for an extra 10% off code! That, along with the B1G1 makes this one of the best TE Fightstick sales, period! (Thanks to this, my gal and I are now set for MvC3! Sweet!)

[quote name='Purkeynator']Wow these really tanked in value. I checked ebay to see what I could sell the second stick I don't need for and it's not much. Looks like pretty much all of them sell for under 100 now, with a lot of them in the 60 to 70 range. Granted a lot of those are used but in excellent condition. Remember what these babies were going for back when they came out? I remember some going for in the neighborhood of 300 bucks.[/QUOTE]

The same thing happened to the Hori EX-SE after Amazon was selling them for half-off but now, a year later, the resell value is back up to what it should be.

[quote name='WebScud']Aren't the Round 1 sticks preferred because of the sharper edges on the Round 2 stick?[/QUOTE]

Where did you hear this? I thought all these sticks were the same except for the "S" models which aren't being offered for this.

[quote name='politiclaw']Folks, make sure to sign on to the newsletter for an extra 10% off code! That, along with the B1G1 makes this one of the best TE Fightstick sales, period! (Thanks to this, my gal and I are now set for MvC3! Sweet!)[/QUOTE]

Thanks for pointing that out! This made me bite on the deal. Thanks!

[quote name='AlwaysAngryGuy']Where did you hear this? I thought all these sticks were the same except for the "S" models which aren't being offered for this.[/QUOTE]You are correct. The Round 1 and Round 2 sticks are exactly the same, only the artwork on the top of the stick is different. The "S" models (which aren't included in this sale) came out after the Round 1 and Round 2 sticks, and are the newer versions of the stick that have the sharp corners.

[quote name='politiclaw']Folks, make sure to sign on to the newsletter for an extra 10% off code! That, along with the B1G1 makes this one of the best TE Fightstick sales, period! (Thanks to this, my gal and I are now set for MvC3! Sweet!)[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Wickwire']Thanks for pointing that out! This made me bite on the deal. Thanks![/QUOTE]

I forgot to do that :( Is their a way for them to applied it to my order if it hasn't been shipped yet? its in process. I can't cancel at all and they aren't open until Monday.

[quote name='VidPower']You are correct. The Round 1 and Round 2 sticks are exactly the same, only the artwork on the top of the stick is different. The "S" models (which aren't included in this sale) came out after the Round 1 and Round 2 sticks, and are the newer versions of the stick that have the sharp corners.[/QUOTE]Any mechanical differences between the Round 2 and "S" models?

[quote name='Koopler']So Round1/2 are better than the "S" models?[/QUOTE]Parts wise, the Round 1/2 and "S" models have 100% the same parts, which is truly the most important thing. As for the comfort level of the stick, some players prefer the smoother corners of the Round 1/2 model. Still, some players couldn't care less about the sharp corners of the "S" model and it doesn't really bother them. Personally, if I really really had to choose, I personally would buy Round 1/2 models because they are usually cheaper and they have the smoother corners.

[quote name='shrike4242']Any mechanical differences between the Round 2 and "S" models?[/QUOTE]There is a very tiny mechanical difference between the Round 1/2 models and the "S" models. That difference is in the "lock" button located on the upper-left hand corner of the stick (it's that upper left black panel that you use to control the turbo functionality of the controller). In the Round1/2 sticks, the lock button does not lock the start and select buttons, while the model "S" does lock the start and select button. In the end, this actually doesn't matter, because the start and select buttons are located in a very conspicuous space that should prevent any accidental pauses.

[quote name='VidPower']Parts wise, the Round 1/2 and "S" models have 100% the same parts, which is truly the most important thing. As for the comfort level of the stick, some players prefer the smoother corners of the Round 1/2 model. Still, some players couldn't care less about the sharp corners of the "S" model and it doesn't really bother them. Personally, if I really really had to choose, I personally would buy Round 1/2 models because they are usually cheaper and they have the smoother corners.

There is a very tiny mechanical difference between the Round 1/2 models and the "S" models. That difference is in the "lock" button located on the upper-left hand corner of the stick (it's that upper left black panel that you use to control the turbo functionality of the controller). In the Round1/2 sticks, the lock button does not lock the start and select buttons, while the model "S" does lock the start and select button. In the end, this actually doesn't matter, because the start and select buttons are located in a very conspicuous space that should prevent any accidental pauses.[/QUOTE]Good to know. Thanks for clearing that up.

bread's done
Back