Madden 06 In-Game (Xbox 360) Footage *CRINGE*

Hooray for reading:

Downloading 'Burger King Trailer' (7.63 MB)
Game : Madden NFL 06
Format : 320 x 240 29.97 fps
Codec : XVID
This video uses the xvid codec. If you have trouble playing it download and install the latest Xvid codec by clicking here
Length : 1 12 seconds

and yes this game looks like shit.

The footage uses a Divx / Xvid codec, I use VLC on my Powermac. You may need the codec for WMP.

while it is nothing great, the link opening 2 lines say

This trailer is from a promotion compaign with Burger King, so it's converted from a Flash video. Don't expect a great quality.

maybe on my HDTV at home, it will look better then that flash video

[quote name='ryanbph']while it is nothing great, the link opening 2 lines say

This trailer is from a promotion compaign with Burger King, so it's converted from a Flash video. Don't expect a great quality.

maybe on my HDTV at home, it will look better then that flash video[/QUOTE]

I'll grant you the video is low quality, but compared to the level of detail in the original Next-Gen trailer, the new footage looks horrible.

[quote name='nixts']I'll grant you the video is low quality, but compared to the level of detail in the original Next-Gen trailer, the new footage looks horrible.[/QUOTE]
Agreed, Im still waiting for Xbox 2 and not Xbox 1.5.

[quote name='Msia']Agreed, Im still waiting for Xbox 2 and not Xbox 1.5.[/QUOTE]

Well usually first gen games on a new system, come no where close to the potential of the system...we are just hitting the stride with the current generation...god of war, the new splinter cell etc...

You might be waiting for awhile

[quote name='ryanbph']Well usually first gen games on a new system, come no where close to the potential of the system...we are just hitting the stride with the current generation...god of war, the new splinter cell etc...

You might be waiting for awhile[/QUOTE]
I agree with you, I too still think there is a lot of potential left with this current gen. Microsoft is just jumping the shark and I hope people who were duped last November with Halo 2 dont buy into M$ hype machine this time around.

[quote name='ryanbph']Well usually first gen games on a new system, come no where close to the potential of the system...we are just hitting the stride with the current generation...god of war, the new splinter cell etc...

You might be waiting for awhile[/QUOTE]

Even more reason not to release the next gen yet.

[quote name='Msia']I agree with you, I too still think there is a lot of potential left with this current gen. Microsoft is just jumping the shark and I hope people who were duped last November with Halo 2 dont buy into M$ hype machine this time around.[/QUOTE]

How were people "duped" last November with Halo 2?

[quote name='Msia']Hooray for reading:

Downloading 'Burger King Trailer' (7.63 MB)
Game : Madden NFL 06
Format : 320 x 240 29.97 fps
Codec : XVID
This video uses the xvid codec. If you have trouble playing it download and install the latest Xvid codec by clicking here
Length : 1 12 seconds

and yes this game looks like shit.[/QUOTE]

Thanks.

[quote name='shipwreck']How were people "duped" last November with Halo 2?[/QUOTE]
"Halo 2 will expand on everything that made the original game great, plus add a wealth of technological and gameplay advances. Significantly improved graphics, enhanced artificial intelligence (AI), an advanced real-time lighting engine and destructible interactive environments are just a small part of Halo 2’s evolution of design and technology. Every improvement in Halo 2 is designed to take gameplay to a new level -- and in the end, to tell a more compelling story."

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/press/1105/halo2-history.htm

[quote name='Msia']"Halo 2 will expand on everything that made the original game great, plus add a wealth of technological and gameplay advances. Significantly improved graphics, enhanced artificial intelligence (AI), an advanced real-time lighting engine and destructible interactive environments are just a small part of Halo 2’s evolution of design and technology. Every improvement in Halo 2 is designed to take gameplay to a new level -- and in the end, to tell a more compelling story."

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/press/1105/halo2-history.htm[/QUOTE]

In my opinion, it was a more compelling story than the first game. It expanded the Halo universe more. It allowed us to get a better idea about what was happening on the Covenant side of the war. It introduced mysterious new characters. We all knew there was going to be a Halo 3, so I never saw what the big deal about having a cliff-hanger ending was.

I really fail to see how Microsoft "duped" anyone with Halo 2.

What is the big deal? Of course it isn't going to look like that prerendered bullshit they showed at E3. Has everyone turned into a retard? Just think, if Madden 2006 on the current gen isn't anything special (graphically or gameplay wise) why would it be THAT much different on a next gen system. This is EA we are talking about here, they aren't exactly known for their amazing quality. They can sure churn out those sports titles though!

Well, hopefully the games they actually showed us in-game will still be beautiful even if madden isn't. I can't say I was expecting it to look better than RE4.

-M

[quote name='flashburn']What is the big deal? Of course it isn't going to look like that prerendered bullshit they showed at E3. Has everyone turned into a retard? Just think, if Madden 2006 on the current gen isn't anything special (graphically or gameplay wise) why would it be THAT much different on a next gen system. This is EA we are talking about here, they aren't exactly known for their amazing quality. They can sure churn out those sports titles though![/QUOTE]

Naturally, nobody expected the Madden 06 on the Xbox 360 to look exactly like the prerendered trailer. However, Electronic Arts said the development team was aiming for a level of quality that would exceed the trailer once they had the finished Xbox 360 hardware. This was repeated constantly by the team at E3, it even made it in GameSpot's preview (linked below).

http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/sports/maddennfl2006/preview_6125625.html

Moreover, my general point is that there was a significant improvement in the shift from PS1 to PS2. Launch titles will never represent anywhere near the capabilities of a platform, and sports titles perhaps even less so. Nevertheless, the move from PS1 to PS2, even in the Madden series, was readily noticeable in-game. The early in-engine footage on the Xbox 360 (admittedly low quality) doesn't appear to represent any major progression from the current generation.

Lets look here;

PS1
madden2000_screen004.jpg

PS2
madden2001_b2_screen053.jpg

Current Gen '06
25017303021.jpg

Xbox 360 '06
730_0013.jpg

[quote name='uzumaki_star']:rofl: Thanks :twoguns: EA for coming out with another crappy Madden game[/QUOTE]

Crappy how? Becasue the graphics don't look great or because you fucked Emmit Brown, stole his time machine and played the game already? Let's at least have some intelligent EA bashing.

Or none at all.

[quote name='Mr Unoriginal']Crappy how? Becasue the graphics don't look great or because you fucked Emmit Brown, stole his time machine and played the game already? Let's at least have some intelligent EA bashing.

Or none at all.[/QUOTE]
:applause:

...as long as it plays well. Myself, I am not expecting that huge of a jump in graphics and I never did. Those days are over.

[quote name='Inferno-X']...as long as it plays well. Myself, I am not expecting that huge of a jump in graphics and I never did. Those days are over.[/QUOTE]

Indeed. The playstation to Dreamcast (jump) days are over.

[quote name='nixts']Naturally, nobody expected the Madden 06 on the Xbox 360 to look exactly like the prerendered trailer. However, Electronic Arts said the development team was aiming for a level of quality that would exceed the trailer once they had the finished Xbox 360 hardware. This was repeated constantly by the team at E3, it even made it in GameSpot's preview (linked below). [/QUOTE]

Wow, for a second, I thought the Xbox screen was the next gen. It almost looks better.

[quote name='nixts']I couldn't be more disappointed.

http://xboxyde.com/news_1955_en.html[/QUOTE]

same here especially after seeing screens of fight night round 3 in the new game informer magazine , if EA could do that on xbox 360 I dunno why madden is lookin like this. But hey it might get better who knows.

I'm calling EA bashing BS on anyone that thought the game would actually look like the CGI video EA put out before or that honestly this looks that much worse. That early preview video had nice shading, lighting, and all that, but still had the ugly proportions of a Madden game. The kind of stuff that makes them look exaggerated and not entirely human.

You can see from that picture of McNabb at the bottom that they seem to have fixed that. The model finally looks like a real football player and I'd say that's something at least. I'm not saying the game shouldn't look better, but its crap to act like this is so much of a disappointment compared to that preview video.

Bitch at EA for not being able to return a punt or not being able to run in the I formation without your opponent knowing what type of play your running. Don't spout off about some crap about the graphics when its the least of the troubles.

That's why EA doesn't fix the crap they really need to. Because when they do actually listen to a suggestion its shit like making sure we can see which way a player's fart blows in the wind instead of getting a better football game.

lol. That extra $10 a game that EA's charging sure shows..

It took a new generation of hardware for EA to catch up to nfl 2k5 in graphics.

This says worlds about the effort EA is putting into 360 development, and nothing about the actual system.

In other news, I picked up Madden 2004 for $2.99 at gamestop the other day, and find the minicamps to be an interesting diversion.

[quote name='TimPV3']Xbox 360 = Dreamcast of this generation but with financial backing up the wazoo[/QUOTE]

Are you talking about Dreamcast in the successful sense or the system/game sense.. because the Dreamcast is awesome, it just didn't sell that well.. or something

[quote name='TimPV3']Xbox 360 = Dreamcast of this generation but with financial backing up the wazoo[/QUOTE]

Please don't say that. The Dreamcast is a one of a kind system.

I just see Xbox 360 as a system having some great games, but a lot of them are just like their former-generation counterparts just like the Dreamcast had with PS1 games (I could name quite a few games that looked like straight ports). Plus it's the first one out, had an MTV special, and has the release of a Playstation it has to deal with.

[quote name='ch3zyp00fs']Please don't say that. The Dreamcast is a one of a kind system.[/QUOTE]
Agreed, I'm just talking about the little similarities.

If you're speaking in terms of console quality, I couldn't agree more.

Eh,you gotta love the people that have to bash VIDEOS of the game while not having played the game themselves yet. I also love the idea that a system sucks before they've even touched a controller for it yet. How about you critisize it AFTER you play the damn thing.
Did you really think EA was going to fully focus on the 360 version and go all out for a system that wasn't/isn't available until AFTER the NFL season started?(Every Madden to date-this gen-has come out early/mid august for preseason). I don't hear much critisism about when PS2 ports go over to XBox and don't look that much different. This is what we call porting people,the game wasn't made initially for next gen,the game is a best seller,regardless of graphics for THIS gen's system.
Besides, it's Madden, Controlling+Gameplay=A LOT more important than Graphics.

[quote name='jer7583']lol. That extra $10 a game that EA's charging sure shows.. .[/QUOTE]

Ha, more weak EA bashing. Seems to me that all non first party 360 games are going to retail for $59.99, not just EA's games, Einstein.

And maybe EA spent more time with the next gen version fixing the A.I., and creating more fluid animations? I didn't know there were so many graphics junkies on these boards.

is $60 the official MSRP or is that just what stores are posting?

i dont care about systems not going to be as graphically powerful, but if its harder to program than the previous generation, this could be the last generation of consoles as we know it

People still dont realize the final kits only went out a few weeks ago. Take a look at Kameo and Gears of War video from the last few days and there is a giant improvement.

capt

You can bash EA all u want guys, I got my Def Jam, Burnout Revenge and Oddworld (even it will be the last for awhile) and I'm pretty damn happy with those games. I understand EA just publishes alot of crap and buys out studios, but as long as EA has control over them they get my cash. If you don't like Burnout your a braindead cracksmoking moron. Sorry :)

But yeah those graphics look the sux. But what did you expect? Next Gen isn't gonna be a huge jump

I love how people are making assumptions based on a game THAT STILL HAS 2 MONTHS+ OF DEVELOPMENT TIME NEEDED. I don't recall this being a big issue when Perfect Dark 0 looked like garbage on that MTV special. Oh, but this time, it's EA.......I get it.

[quote name='VanillaGorilla']I love how people are making assumptions based on a game THAT STILL HAS 2 MONTHS+ OF DEVELOPMENT TIME NEEDED. I don't recall this being a big issue when Perfect Dark 0 looked like garbage on that MTV special. Oh, but this time, it's EA.......I get it.[/QUOTE]

actually people were pissed off when PD looked like shit

EA's saying that this was taken from a beta build and IGN will see an updated version next week.

I remember the first time I saw the videos of the "supposed" next-gen Madden at E3 for the Xbox 360, it looked beautiful. EA of course confirmed it was not real in-game footage, just a simple rendering of what the game would look like. EA even went as far as to say they didn't want to release those because the real game would look better.

Recently, through Pepsi's and Burger King's promotions, videos of EA's real Madden "Next Gen" have come out, and they look maybe comparable to NFL 2k5 which was released on XBOX LAST YEAR!

IGN, being the source of all wisdom in the universe (not including the moon of course), must have found out more about this title, are these early builds or are they closed to the finished product. There is a lot of controversy surrounding the subject, we need IGN to shed some light upon this. Please.

=====================================================
We did look into the matter by speaking with EA directly about the Burger King shots and video. We asked, begged, and pleaded to have them give us those shots and video, with an explanation of why they look like they do, but EA wouldn't have any of it. We're told those are old images and video, and they are not representative of the current game. Those were taken awhile back, and I suspect that they were grabbed using an early Beta kit. So, while I am personally not expecting the world to explode with gorgeous new Madden images with this next version, those are definitely not what the final game will look like. We're going to see Madden next week in an eyes-on preview, so perhaps we can talk about how good/bad it's looking via a final debug kit version then. To conclude, those shots are rubbish; EA knows it, we know it, and thankfully, according to EA, you won't have to worry. Madden NFL 06 will look better than that. *Crosses fingers*

--Douglass

http://xbox.ign.com/mail/ 9/16/05 (in case they update it)

Wait so are those "not very impressive" screenshots what the game will really look like or are they just early shots that do not represent what the game will really look like?

[quote name='tearofangst']actually people were pissed off when PD looked like shit[/QUOTE]

Yes, yes we were. Well, "pissed" might be a little strong for many rational gamers, but that's the gist of the reaction.

I think that what we've seen, including the two new screenshots at teamxbox.com, is that the Madden franchise is going to be less-than-stellar in terms of graphics. Then again, how is that new? For every franchise like this, you'll still get your "Splinter Cells" and "Ninja Gaidens" to really push the console. They'll just take a little longer to appear. Having said that, I still have my reservations about just how kickass this console's average game is going to look...and play. Many titles have improved in recent weeks, but is it enough? Stay tuned.

bread's done
Back