Madden 06/NCAA Football 06 Trade-in...

Its still a good deal if you have the extra games. I'm still looking for the master not allowed games list. I had it last year when I did this deal but I need the updated one.

Every time I have seen these deals they tell me my games are excluded. Even if they are not on the exclusion list! fuck EB... I'm taking my business to GameRush. Trade 2 get a new game for $29.99 sounds like a better deal.

Well, Madden is the one game a ritually buy everyear. I have planty of old and new friends but some are stupid and I hate them, so i'll be glad to get away without dropping 50 bucks.

I'd be interested in this deal, depending on which titles are excluded of course. Is taking your games to the store and having them scanned the only way you can find out?

[quote name='becker4546']Would they give you $50 in store credit?[/QUOTE]

It's worked everytime for me . . . a cruddy manager or employee may give you a hard time.

The trick is to buy titles for $5 (BB, CC, Target, etc . . .) and get the bonus in trade . . . then use the credit to buy clearance items ($20 Taiko Drum Master, $10 and $5 games) then whatever you "buy" at EB's lowest prices, you really paid half. I got Steel Battalion for $75 this way . . . probably done stuff like this for $1000 in credit over the last year. But you gotta know the exclusion list and keep up with it.

[quote name='schultzed']It's worked everytime for me . . . a cruddy manager or employee may give you a hard time.

The trick is to buy titles for $5 (BB, CC, Target, etc . . .) and get the bonus in trade . . . then use the credit to buy clearance items ($20 Taiko Drum Master, $10 and $5 games) then whatever you "buy" at EB's lowest prices, you really paid half. I got Steel Battalion for $75 this way . . . probably done stuff like this for $1000 in credit over the last year. But you gotta know the exclusion list and keep up with it.[/QUOTE]
i got a nintendo ds for $7 and a psp for $30

^^

The only list I found seems pretty outdated--it didn't include any '04 sports titles. If I decide to trade games for this deal, I'm just going to take about seven games and present them in the order that I want to get rid of them. Hopefully, the first five will work. :)

So i'm planning on taking:

ESPN NFL2k5 Xbox
SSX3 Xbox
Top Spin
Soul Calibur 2
Starfox Adventures

Anyone know which ones are on the exclusion list of these?

Just traded in for both games...

Soul Calibur 2 PS2
ESPN NFL 2k5 PS2
Metal Arms: GitS PS2 (bought for $5 after BB coupon)
SSX3 PS2
NFS: HP2 PS2
Project Gotham 2 Xbox
TC Rainbow Six 3 Xbox
Red Faction 2 PS2
Hitman 2 PS2
Hot Shots Golf 3 PS2

The guy scanned and said these games are ok but I decided to keep them...
Madden 2005 PS2
SOCOM II PS2
Prince of Persia Xbox

[quote name='mernst23']So i'm planning on taking:

ESPN NFL2k5 Xbox
SSX3 Xbox
Top Spin
Soul Calibur 2
Starfox Adventures

Anyone know which ones are on the exclusion list of these?[/QUOTE]

I used three of those. ESPN, SSX3 and SC2. Top Spin should be good, not sure about Starfox but I think it is new enough.

I can't preorder NCAA this yesterday, until I play it, or get a few reviews.

Last year I preordered it, picked it up on the release date, and was pissed that there was so much slowdown in a one player game.

[quote name='mernst23']So i'm planning on taking:

ESPN NFL2k5 Xbox
SSX3 Xbox
Top Spin
Soul Calibur 2
Starfox Adventures

Anyone know which ones are on the exclusion list of these?[/QUOTE]

Maybe I'm wrong but when someone was trading stuff in yesterday, I think that ESPN NFL2K5 is POX

[quote name='becker4546']Just traded in for both games...

Soul Calibur 2 PS2
ESPN NFL 2k5 PS2
Metal Arms: GitS PS2 (bought for $5 after BB coupon)
SSX3 PS2
NFS: HP2 PS2
Project Gotham 2 Xbox
TC Rainbow Six 3 Xbox
Red Faction 2 PS2
Hitman 2 PS2
Hot Shots Golf 3 PS2

The guy scanned and said these games are ok but I decided to keep them...
Madden 2005 PS2
SOCOM II PS2
Prince of Persia Xbox[/QUOTE]
You gave up all of that for another football game that's going to plummet in price in a few months?

This is why I don't trade in my games.

I can barely wait until August when Madden comes out, let alone after the season. Those games were never going to be played again and I wont miss them.

I feel the same way about almost all games I've completed. SOme, I'll keep. But for the most part, once I'm done, I'll never play them again. I'd rather trade them in toward something I want than try to work out a trade or have the games collect dust.

[quote name='stolazi']I feel the same way about almost all games I've completed. SOme, I'll keep. But for the most part, once I'm done, I'll never play them again. I'd rather trade them in toward something I want than try to work out a trade or have the games collect dust.[/QUOTE]

Excactly. $100 worth of games that would just sit and collect dust. When Madden comes out I'll trade NCAA online or back to EB for credit.

You think they'll take these for Madden?

Eternal Darkness
Midway Arcade Treasures 2 (the version that says "not for resale" on it)
Rumble Roses
Def Jam: FFNY
Madden 05 Collectors Ed (way too much slow down, while normal version has none)

If anything, I also want to get ris of these:
Prince of Persia Sand of Time
Cel Damage
Spawn Armageddon

If any on the second list count, tell me which 5 I should get rid of.

[quote name='Strider Turbulence']I believe those are all PO except for spawn.[/QUOTE]

Thank God. At least this way I'[ll hold on to Madden 05 and keep most of the 60 freakin dollars I shelled out for it.

[quote name='Gothic_Walrus']You gave up all of that for another football game that's going to plummet in price in a few months?

This is why I don't trade in my games.[/QUOTE]

Better is to cancel the preorder . . . and use the $50 to buy cheap stuff on their website.

I traded in: PS2 except last
MidwayAT2 (penny CC)
Bad Boys ($5 ac at BB)
PsiOps ($5 ac at CC)
Siren ($5 ac at CC)
MOH Rising Xbox ($10 at FYE . . . even trade but through flipping . . . it gets complicated but I'm ahead)

$50 on Madden to be canceled later

I brought in 12 games the other day to trade in to try and reserve NCAA and Madden and they only excepted 4 of them. None of the titles were old sports games either. 4 of them were even still sealed. I couldn't believe it, only 4 of 12. There exclusion list is out of control now.

[quote name='Pratt75']I brought in 12 games the other day to trade in to try and reserve NCAA and Madden and they only excepted 4 of them. None of the titles were old sports games either. 4 of them were even still sealed. I couldn't believe it, only 4 of 12. There exclusion list is out of control now.[/QUOTE]

Whether or not they are sealed has no bearing on their exclusion. Too bad you didn't have better luck. Which games were accepted, and which were excluded?

[quote name='becker4546']I'm not so sure I want to take my chances with DVDPlanet. Ive never used it before and those EA prices look almost too good.[/QUOTE]
I've used it a few times, it's a great site.

(As a side note, it's owned and operated by the DDD people so it has somewhat slow shipping)

[quote name='Pratt75']I brought in 12 games the other day to trade in to try and reserve NCAA and Madden and they only excepted 4 of them. None of the titles were old sports games either. 4 of them were even still sealed. I couldn't believe it, only 4 of 12. There exclusion list is out of control now.[/QUOTE]

It takes awhile to get a sense of what will work and what won't.

Mostly older cheap games will be POX (Mark of Kri, Primal . . .) but newer cheapies will often slip through. Siren or Psi Ops for example are acceptable.

Think somewhat about desirabilty as well . . . I was surprised that Beyond Good and Evil was PO (I think it was POX in the past) but its a game that will likely sell.

Well I just got $20 in credit by trading in Rumble Roses and the 1 penny Midway Arcade Treasures 2 from CC. Had to go to 2 Ebs, though. The first one took RR, but not MAT2. I went to the 2nd one and they took MAT2. Good thing I have another copy of it to get another $10.

PS
Since I did this at 2 different EBs, which one do I need to go to to pick up Madden?

[quote name='I AM WILLIAM H. MACY']I've used it a few times, it's a great site.

(As a side note, it's owned and operated by the DDD people so it has somewhat slow shipping)[/QUOTE]

I had no idea, but you are right, both are part of Infinity Resources, Inc.

This deal is just way to difficult. the random POX list is just to frustrating for me to deal with. Pick it up at Fry's for 35$ day of release and trade the games to GR. In fact if the rumours are true and GR are going to restart the trade 2 get a preorder for 29.99, GR is the obvious bette choice as you will get full credit for the games towards the final price.

Or wait 2 months a pick it up used for next to nothing.

Beyound the flipping this is quite possiblty the shittiest deal out.

I know for a fact that if NFL 2k6 was in fact still coming out, Madden would have been somewhere along the lines of trade 2 or 3 games to get it free, but what can we do? There's just too many numbnuts feeding ea money for the rest us to do anything but accept the ass raping they give out.

[quote name='-Never4ever-']Beyound the flipping this is quite possiblty the shittiest deal out.

I know for a fact that if NFL 2k6 was in fact still coming out, Madden would have been somewhere along the lines of trade 2 or 3 games to get it free, but what can we do? There's just too many numbnuts feeding ea money for the rest us to do anything but accept the ass raping they give out.[/QUOTE]

for me they are the only company tat produces a college football game... so that is why they get my money. In all honestly I dislike madden and pretty much every other ea game. NCAA football is the game i live for from EA.

[quote name='BasketCase1080']for me they are the only company tat produces a college football game... so that is why they get my money. In all honestly I dislike madden and pretty much every other ea game. NCAA football is the game i live for from EA.[/QUOTE]

I have to say that I also am a big fan of hating EA. The reason being that they just buy the competition out and that leaves the consumer getting screwed.

I used to follow the trend of buying every new NCAA for 2 or 3 years, but I finally realized it's the EXACT same game every year with 2-3 minor updates and new rosters, same overall graphics, same commentary over and over, etc. etc. etc. Just about to go to BB and just copy the thing so I can stop donating my money to EA, or maybe I just will completely boycott and be the one person out of millions.

bread's done
Back