Madden 07 360 - $47.99 at Circuit City & Circuitcity.com (free shipping)

Just cause it's in the CC weekly ad posted above, doesn't mean everyone is going to look in that post for a madden deal. I didn't look at it, and I go here all the time. I just happened to look at it in the newspaper just a few minutes ago. If people don't care, then this post will simply slide into nothingness. I hope a bunch of people don't give me crap about it, I just thought it'd be good to show a thread with the madden deal in the subject line. Thanks for the warning though. I hope the CAG l33ts don't call me a n00b.

I think it's ok if the (likely) biggest selling game of the year has a seperate thread. Things tend to get lost in the Ad threads.

[quote name='ebe4me']Just cause it's in the CC weekly ad posted above, doesn't mean everyone is going to look in that post for a madden deal. I didn't look at it, and I go here all the time. I just happened to look at it in the newspaper just a few minutes ago. If people don't care, then this post will simply slide into nothingness. I hope a bunch of people don't give me crap about it, I just thought it'd be good to show a thread with the madden deal in the subject line. Thanks for the warning though. I hope the CAG l33ts don't call me a n00b.[/QUOTE]
n00b

If your CC has a walmart close by, try there also. Last year when i worked in WM electronics, our price for 06 was around $5 cheaper, i assume since we had BB and CC right across the street. The following week it was back to normal price.

And I'm not saying every walmart will have it cheaper, if at all. Just something to try, if your a true CAG :)

Why do we even bother with the weekly ads if 99% of CAG's don't even read them? Maybe mods should start adding the hot deals to the ad titles so people actually click on them?

[quote name='Stingermck']If your CC has a walmart close by, try there also. Last year when i worked in WM electronics, our price for 06 was around $5 cheaper, i assume since we had BB and CC right across the street. The following week it was back to normal price.

And I'm not saying every walmart will have it cheaper, if at all. Just something to try, if your a true CAG :)[/quote]

Walmart is selling it $5 cheaper this year too. for $55. 97. But I'd pricematch the Circuit City Ad if you can, it's still cheaper.

[quote name='ebe4me']Walmart is selling it $5 cheaper this year too. for $55. 97. But I'd pricematch the Circuit City Ad if you can, it's still cheaper.[/QUOTE]

Yeah what i meant to say, is that it may be cheaper than CC's add. We always checked the ads and comped big games cheaper than CC, BB, etc.

Circuit City also has some 10% off coupons at the registers that work on games. They are scratch off card at the top with 10% off games and back to school stuff in the middle and buy one get one free Papa Johns Pizza coupons at the bottom. Use this to get Madden 360 For $43 + tax.

[quote name='Roufuss']Why do we even bother with the weekly ads if 99% of CAG's don't even read them? Maybe mods should start adding the hot deals to the ad titles so people actually click on them?[/QUOTE]

That's what I said last week about Sonic Rush. People, there's this thing called a search button. Learn it. Love it. Live it.

And for Pete's sake, the weekly ads come out a full WEEK before the sales hit. Can you not be bothered somewhere in those seven days to actually read one post?

[quote name='Stingermck']Yeah what i meant to say, is that it may be cheaper than CC's add. We always checked the ads and comped big games cheaper than CC, BB, etc.[/QUOTE]

This is what I plan on doing, espically if Wal-Mart will put it out tonight around midnight... the local Wal-Mart here usually beats CC / BB's prices by $5 or so as well.

[quote name='Roufuss']Why do we even bother with the weekly ads if 99% of CAG's don't even read them? Maybe mods should start adding the hot deals to the ad titles so people actually click on them?[/QUOTE]

Good idea.

[quote name='CocheseUGA']That's what I said last week about Sonic Rush. People, there's this thing called a search button. Learn it. Love it. Live it.

And for Pete's sake, the weekly ads come out a full WEEK before the sales hit. Can you not be bothered somewhere in those seven days to actually read one post?[/QUOTE]

Just because we surf the site a few times a week doesn't mean everyone else does.

[quote name='CheapyD']I think it's ok if the (likely) biggest selling game of the year has a seperate thread. Things tend to get lost in the Ad threads.[/quote]

I agree with you on biggest game of year but I lay out my weekly ad threads VERY EASILY so that they are easy to find and peruse.

I wish that you guys would make all my weekly ad threads stickied until they actually expire. This would make them easier to find (and therefore read) and then people would know about these deals sooner rather than wait for the Sunday paper.

At DVDTalk, I put links in my threads so if someone wants to peruse the Target ad for the same period, they just clink on the link and it takes them there.

Here at CAG, I think my suggestion above would actually help get the message out to everybody sooner.

Just my 2 cents worth.

[quote name='speedy1961']I agree with you on biggest game of year but I lay out my weekly ad threads VERY EASILY so that they are easy to find and peruse.

I wish that you guys would make all my weekly ad threads stickied until they actually expire. This would make them easier to find (and therefore read) and then people would know about these deals sooner rather than wait for the Sunday paper.

At DVDTalk, I put links in my threads so if someone wants to peruse the Target ad for the same period, they just clink on the link and it takes them there.

Here at CAG, I think my suggestion above would actually help get the message out to everybody sooner.

Just my 2 cents worth.[/QUOTE]

While I agree with this, the majority of CAG won't click a link if something in the title dosen't ring out to them. Your ads are easy to read and I know I check them out each and every week, but alot of CAG's are too lazy to actually do the work themselves and look for deals within the ad's... this thread is just proof of that.

I know that you've said before you don't know what's hot since you don't play alot of video games (and that's cool, neither do I these days ;) ) but I think if a mod took the hottest deal and added it into the title, people would be more inclined to click it and view it.

Most people just scan the first page, don't see a deal posted (even though you've got it covered weeks in advance) and just throw it up on the forums. But hey, I for one appreciate all your hard work week after week ;)

Not only that, but in these forums people ignore the sticky's 95% of the time, for some odd reason.

[quote name='Roufuss']While I agree with this, the majority of CAG won't click a link if something in the title dosen't ring out to them. Your ads are easy to read and I know I check them out each and every week, but alot of CAG's are too lazy to actually do the work themselves and look for deals within the ad's... this thread is just proof of that.

I know that you've said before you don't know what's hot since you don't play alot of video games (and that's cool, neither do I these days ;) ) but I think if a mod took the hottest deal and added it into the title, people would be more inclined to click it and view it.

Most people just scan the first page, don't see a deal posted (even though you've got it covered weeks in advance) and just throw it up on the forums. But hey, I for one appreciate all your hard work week after week ;)

Not only that, but in these forums people ignore the sticky's 95% of the time, for some odd reason.[/QUOTE]

Then to hell with them. If they are too lazy to take five minutes out of every week to read a thread, then they don't deserve the deal. This isn't lazyassgamer.

Speedy> if you need help with sorting out what is MSRP or a hot deal, I could help with it. Just give me a PM.

(BTW, I found Batman Returns on eBay on the cheap)

Does anyone know when Wal-Mart will put these out for sale? I'm hoping midnight tonight since they are open 24 hours.

[quote name='Roufuss']Does anyone know when Wal-Mart will put these out for sale? I'm hoping midnight tonight since they are open 24 hours.[/quote]

Well when I worked at Wal*Mart, stuff would appear on pallets at 11 PM and stay wrapped until close.

If the store is open 24 hours, midnight sounds about right.

[quote name='speedy1961']Well when I worked at Wal*Mart, stuff would appear on pallets at 11 PM and stay wrapped until close.

If the store is open 24 hours, midnight sounds about right.[/QUOTE]

I hope so since it'll beat waking up at 10 am to head on down to Circuit City where the game will probably still be in their backroom.

[quote name='CocheseUGA']Then to hell with them. If they are too lazy to take five minutes out of every week to read a thread, then they don't deserve the deal. This isn't lazyassgamer.

Speedy> if you need help with sorting out what is MSRP or a hot deal, I could help with it. Just give me a PM.

(BTW, I found Batman Returns on eBay on the cheap)[/quote]

Great to hear on both counts.

To me: If the info is there, we need to access it to make better decisions.

I cannot fathom why a dedicated forum won't read a few lines.

This is exactly what my mother does when I update some piece of technology in her life.

[quote name='vilhaim']Could I PM this at Best Buy and use a GGC? Sorry if it's a duh ?, but I plan on getting this tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

I was wondering the same thing?

or you can wait a week and get an EA wireless controller for free at CC when you get the XBOX 360 version of Madden...

Local CC was crazy... they had them all at the customer service desk with no signs whatsoever telling people they are up there. Everyone did the same thing - they walked in, went to video games, looked around and then joined the huge line at customer service (I originally thought it was for preorders).

They must have sold close to 100 copies already, so if you want the game at CC I wouldn't wait until the end of the week.

I got madden from Wal Mart in Florida a few mins ago and had the ad from CC to PM and the guy behind the counter said it was that price without him changing it for the PM so $47.99+tax came to be $50.76

Picked mine up price-matched at Wal-Mart this morning around 8am (didn't feel like waiting for CC to open at 10am). No hassles, she had to call a CSM because of the price difference ($12.00), and she jokingly asked if I was sure I didn't want the HoF edition for $22.00 more. :)

Anyone try pm at best buy? One in San Antonio (la cantera) offered a $15 gift card instead of bringing the price down. This happen to anyone else?

[quote name='PanzerNinja']Anyone try pm at best buy? One in San Antonio (la cantera) offered a $15 gift card instead of bringing the price down. This happen to anyone else?[/QUOTE]

Yes, same thing happened to me in Clearwater, FL. They claimed that CC was selling below cost.

[quote name='Roufuss']Local CC was crazy... they had them all at the customer service desk with no signs whatsoever telling people they are up there. Everyone did the same thing - they walked in, went to video games, looked around and then joined the huge line at customer service (I originally thought it was for preorders).

They must have sold close to 100 copies already, so if you want the game at CC I wouldn't wait until the end of the week.[/QUOTE]

People don't notice either way if you have a sign up. We had two signs printed on 14" by 8.5" paper in large font saying "For Madden 2007 purchases please go to the customer service desk... Thank you" right there on the doors. At opening, maybe about 3 or 4 out of the the 25 or so people outside actually came in and went to the service counter, everyone else walked right by. We even announced it over the PA when they walked in, finally I had to walk all the way back to games to tell the other 20 people who are apparently blind and deaf that they needed to go to the front counter.

[quote name='Duo_Maxwell']People don't notice either way if you have a sign up. We had two signs printed on 14" by 8.5" paper in large font saying "For Madden 2007 purchases please go to the customer service desk... Thank you" right there on the doors. At opening, maybe about 3 or 4 out of the the 25 or so people outside actually came in and went to the service counter, everyone else walked right by. We even announced it over the PA when they walked in, finally I had to walk all the way back to games to tell the other 20 people who are apparently blind and deaf that they needed to go to the front counter.[/QUOTE]

Yes, people don't read the signs; but on the other hand, why in the hell would CC sell what will be the highest selling game this year out of the customer service department? Wouldn't it make more sense to encourage your customers to walk through the main floor of the store on their way to blindly pick up thier copy of Madden and expose them to other potential items for purchase? That's basic retail marketing strategy.

[quote name='vilhaim']Well found out that if you PM it at BestBuy you can't use a GGC to get an extra $5 off.[/quote]

I was able to.

i found the two walmarts in my area.. were selling it for 47.99.. and many cags have reported the same.. so it might be a national deal...

anybody see it for more at a walmart ?

[quote name='MGoBlue']Yes, same thing happened to me in Clearwater, FL. They claimed that CC was selling below cost.[/QUOTE]

Nah, that's a bullshit excuse... Best Buy just didn't want to let the game go cheap when they could sell it for full price. Their price matching policy dosen't say ANYTHING about them not price matching if its "below cost", as long as you have the ad it should have been cool.

Circuit City is right across the street from that BB though, why not just go there? That Clearwater CC is a slow store too (probably because of the construction on US 19, it's a bitch to get to, the store is always so dead on the inside) so I'd be surprised if they sold out.

[quote name='Sku Rhim']Yes, people don't read the signs; but on the other hand, why in the hell would CC sell what will be the highest selling game this year out of the customer service department? Wouldn't it make more sense to encourage your customers to walk through the main floor of the store on their way to blindly pick up thier copy of Madden and expose them to other potential items for purchase? That's basic retail marketing strategy.[/QUOTE]

I guess they did it for efficency and to not clog up the one register Circuit City has open, and to not have 30 people fighting over the shelves tearing the store apart. The process was quick, they had all three customer service registers open, you just went up, told them what version you wanted, in and out of the store in record time.

[quote name='Roufuss']I guess they did it for efficency and to not clog up the one register Circuit City has open, and to not have 30 people fighting over the shelves tearing the store apart. The process was quick, they had all three customer service registers open, you just went up, told them what version you wanted, in and out of the store in record time.[/QUOTE]

Your CC uses the registers? Mine stand there as monuments to times where I didn't have to wait 15 minutes to check out.

[quote name='CocheseUGA']Your CC uses the registers? Mine stand there as monuments to times where I didn't have to wait 15 minutes to check out.[/QUOTE]

Yea, they have six or so registers and always just use the first one and only the first one, whether there is 1 person or 20 people in line.... they never open a second one, even if there is a problem ringing something up.

[quote name='Number83']I'll be picking it up for my PC. $27.99 isn't too shabby for my Alienware with my 360 controller hooked up to it.[/QUOTE]

How do you hook up your 360 controller to your PC?

[quote name='Roufuss']I guess they did it for efficency and to not clog up the one register Circuit City has open, and to not have 30 people fighting over the shelves tearing the store apart. The process was quick, they had all three customer service registers open, you just went up, told them what version you wanted, in and out of the store in record time.[/QUOTE]

Exactly

Thanks Roufuss. I can see Sku's possible logic if he's never worked retail, but there's several reasons why we didn't sell it out of the tiny hole that is the games department. It's more convienent for both customers and employees to sell them at CS upfront. They needn't walk all the way to the rear of the store (if they read the signs/listened) and we can have several employees selling to several people as opposed to a single employee holding back a blood-thirsty horde of gamers at a single register.

Plus it's not like we sold them up there all day, only for the inital rush of people. Once things died down you move the whole operation back to the games dept. for the rest of the day.

Big ups to the OP. Eff EA and their $60.00 *rehased* game. Git it whilst it be cheap!

This may very well be the definitive Cheapass topic.

[quote name='soliddragon']Big ups to the OP.[/quote]

I came here to post those same exact words, but I see I have been beaten. Too many months away from CAG I suppose.

Anyways, props to CC as well. I hadn't planned to get the game at all but pulled the trigger on this deal Monday night. Found my copy waiting for me this afternoon after work. Who knew free shipping was so fast? I hadn't planned on seeing it until next week at the earliest.

bread's done
Back