Madden 07 Reviews & General Discussion

[quote name='mykevermin']:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

guyver, you are consistently one of my favorite cags![/quote]

:D

Yea that was really the only reason i went.. last year they had a whole bunch of goodies and even had systems set up out side the store for people waiting.. this year blew ass

I got the HOF Edition for 55..

On Sunday, I took the CC ad to my local GS, and asked if he would price match it. Well, since it was over 10 dollars off, he had to okay it with his DM. Well, I went last night, and he's like okay here's the deal. "We're not allowed to PM it, but I'll do it for you since your the only one who asked about".. So i'm like cool. Well, I' go into pay, and dudes like that'll be 49.99 I'm thinking no problem, thats with tax. So I pay and leave. I get home and realize what happened. They gave me a 14 dollar discount on the game, but it took it off the HOF edition, and dude gave me the regular edition. So at first I had the reg for 55, which was no biggie still a sale. I took it back tho, since technically I had overpaid 10, and he's like i'll just give you the HOF one.

anyway, how the hell do i update rosters? I know it's a bit early, but i can't even find the place where I would do it

Does the HOF edition just have the case sleeve like the Halo 2 LE and SC:CT LEs or is that the actual cover shown w/ Madden instead of Shaun Alexander?

[quote name='TheOne06']It's a cardboard case sleeve that looks metalic, and the cover is the same as the sleeve[/quote]
Eh, that's kinda nasty. Was hoping the actual game cover would be the cover athlete. Would you say the HOF is worth the extra? Or are the bonus videos pretty lame?

I haven't looked at the DVD yet, so I'm not sure as of yet.

The 360 version does have the option to play mini games.. like 40 yard dash etc

[quote name='TheOne06']I haven't looked at the DVD yet, so I'm not sure as of yet.

The 360 version does have the option to play mini games.. like 40 yard dash etc[/quote]Ah, thanks. He's probably asking about the mini games like QB, RB, WR, and CB drills they have you running in past versions. Not just the 40yd dash and bench press.

This board is becoming more like gameFAQs everyday..........

we need more moderators (mods) for the whole CAG forum in its entirety

What, that it's becoming popular and conversation is a bit diluted sometimes? I am disappointed that the marketing people lied about having a demo out before release. I was happy with last year's game except for the lack of challenges. 2K5 got it right, why can't they?

[quote name='SteveMcQ']Ah, thanks. He's probably asking about the mini games like QB, RB, WR, and CB drills they have you running in past versions. Not just the 40yd dash and bench press.[/QUOTE]

I was referring to the original mini games. Can anybody tell me if those are in?

Is it just me, or is passing extremely hard to do in this game? I was playing as Baltimore vs. Giants in the first preseason game in Franchise mode (on All-Pro), and none of my receivers ever seemed to be open.

I just got the game and personally I think it's a huge improvement over last year's game. All of my complaints have been addressed. Though I'm not a huge football fan or anything and I don't know much about the NFL. So there could be a lot of stuff here that could bother a lot of people who are big into football. Personally the core gameplay is great and that's all I care about. I'm happy with it.

I too am happy with it, a big step up from '06 on the 360.

I need to get back in my Madden groove...I havn't played '06 in a few months.

Has anyone watched the GameSpot video review? I cannot view (cannot view any WMV files for some reason) - do they offer a score?

[quote name='Silencer']Has anyone watched the GameSpot video review? I cannot view (cannot view any WMV files for some reason) - do they offer a score?[/QUOTE]
7.9 for the 360, 8.1 all others.

[quote name='slickkill77']If you go online and create a match (unranked or ranked) you will get an updated roster[/QUOTE]

Are you positive of this? I just played an unranked match and never saw anything about a roster update.

So far the game is alright. I got in on the EA Store mistake so I got the HOF edition for $46.xx shipped. Superstar mode is pointless though. I went through all kinds of drills with 4 diff teams and did well on them all then got drafted by the colts (they never even talked to me). You only play your position and unfortunately the camera angle reflects this. I was a HB so I couldnt even see the field only my guy (even closer than the 06 view before the snap). Also Manning audibles so much so it gets annoying. Even if your team makes a bad play that you had nothing to do with your stats go down, which is stupid.
The regular modes are pretty decent though. The camera angle is finally fixed but the gameplay is still pretty arcadish (like all maddens). The game also is kinda choppy, after a play the drive will try to read the disc and it gets really loud. I don't think this is the Xbox because I sent mine in and the new one I receive has worked fine for about 3 months. Overall the game is decent and I think a 7.5 review suits it just fine.

Prolly me just sucking but anytime in franchise mode that I start winning by 2-3 TDs the CPU will cut through my defense like butter and shoot passes that makes Brett Farve look like bitch.

The load screens last a little to long. No create your own situational music ala NFL 2k5 :( other then a few little things its a ok game.

I'm dissappointed. The thing that bugs me the most is the chugginess when the screen to pick plays appears; it's so annoying. I really like the highlight stick, but that lead blocker thing is garbage IMO. I don't have any complaints about the Franchise modes and all that, I don't really play them. At least the Cards got a good rating this year :cool:

Picked it up for $46.xx at BB today and I'm definitely enjoying it. Had a really great online game earlier, winning it with 4 seconds left on a hail mary to Nate Burleson. Can't wait to play some CAGs, I'm pretty bad so far (haven't bought a Madden since 2002 and a football game in general since NFL 2k5 which I haven't played in over a year). So if anyone wants to play, feel free to add me for some easy wins.

[quote name='Staind204']So far the game is alright. I got in on the EA Store mistake so I got the HOF edition for $46.xx shipped. Superstar mode is pointless though. I went through all kinds of drills with 4 diff teams and did well on them all then got drafted by the colts (they never even talked to me). You only play your position and unfortunately the camera angle reflects this. I was a HB so I couldnt even see the field only my guy (even closer than the 06 view before the snap). Also Manning audibles so much so it gets annoying. Even if your team makes a bad play that you had nothing to do with your stats go down, which is stupid.[/QUOTE]

I'm actually enjoying the Superstar Mode, but I'm a WR for the BUCS not a HB for INDY. I think it adds to the replayability of the game. Granted not everyone enjoys watching partially CPU controlled games, but once you get to play with your star it makes up for the wait time. Every Madden that hits the market will have a flaw reguardless, so to knit pick is absurd. All the little glitches I saw can be overlooked with everything EA decided to add this year. This is the title that should have launched last year, what a difference a year makes.

[quote name='neudog']I'm actually enjoying the Superstar Mode, but I'm a WR for the BUCS not a HB for INDY. I think it adds to the replayability of the game. Granted not everyone enjoys watching partially CPU controlled games, but once you get to play with your star it makes up for the wait time. Every Madden that hits the market will have a flaw reguardless, so to knit pick is absurd. All the little glitches I saw can be overlooked with everything EA decided to add this year. This is the title that should have launched last year, what a difference a year makes.[/QUOTE]

I agree with you it's a decent game. I'm happy with my purchase for $46.xx. I'm not too good yet, I just started a season with the Bengals and barely beat the Chiefs 28-21. I'm just so glad they fixed the camera, I should have fun with this at college :)

At first I really didn't like the game but having played it for a few hours I'd say its a big upgrade over 06. They made the running game, passing defense, and blocking much more realistic. The runs just look alot more realistic with the RBs reaching and fighting for more yards and it looks realistic, not the same 5 animations over and over again. No longer do the defensive backs fly through the air to block a pass while running full speed, and the FBs, lineman, and special teams guys actually block now. Superstar mode is alot better but I hate the camera (my superstar is a HB), how the hell can I run when I can't see the entire right side of the field? I'm guessing the camera is better for QBs and other positions though.

The animations for your playbook and the menus are still really choppy and a pain to wade through, you'd think that wouldnt be much of a problem to improve but its still there. I also don't like that they changed to where you select all of your plays with the "a" button, it was alot easier and more convenient and practical to select one a play with the "a", "b", and "x" buttons. I've playedabout half of an online game with a friend and it was very laggy and impossible to play defense, though I had no idea how to play the game at all when I played that one game.

[quote name='Velikost']I'm dissappointed. The thing that bugs me the most is the chugginess when the screen to pick plays appears; it's so annoying.[/QUOTE]

Yea that bugs the shit out of me. Or what about when you are playing in the rain, yet when it goes to pick plays the box in the corner showing the crowd/players/stadium it doesn't show rain.

I like getting a big first down and going out of bounds into the opponents bench and the opponent's team is clapping. I really hope EA isn't given exclusive rights again.

Anyone have issued with the game causing your 360 to freeze? I know the overheating issues run rampant but I've never had any problems with my system, 1 lockup in 25+ hours of Oblivion is the only thing that's ever happened. My game froze over 5 times and now I have the red lights of death. MS is sending me a coffin.

Sometimes I'm lucky and can get to the dashboard, I hope It will live long enough to download Texas Hold 'Em in a few hours.

fun game. Played a couple of games with my roommate and a couple online with my brother. In the second game online I got disconnected but I hope its not really a problem and only because so many people are playing on the first day. And the gameplay is really fun, the old gen version was getting stale already.

Eh, ESPN NFL 2K5 still manages to squeek out a win :razz:

Pretty decent, but I can't help shake this feeling that I wasted $35 (for the 360 version). Superstar mode is pretty neat, but all the other nuiances feel like half assed attempts at ripping off ESPN (Madden Gamer Lvl, for instance).

This year's version is different than the last several years of Madden, and in many ways you can see how NFL 2K5 got mixed in. The only thing I don't like are the menu interfaces.

I think the gameplay and graphics are great. My only 3 complaints are:

1. No fantasy draft
2. The roster problems- hof players in free agents in franchise(however they are easy to fix, just annoying as hell)
3. Can't adjust create a player attributes (hate doing the 40 because i can't get below a 4.75)

of the 8 games I've played online 3 times I've been disconnected. All the other games I've gotten to play have so much slow down. But I love the people that play madden. On my live rep I had 0% in the over aggressive, then I played this guy that kept scrambling with Michael Vick and I cracked the shit out of him...hard, really hard with the hit stick and 3 of those times I made him fumble. Now I have 14% overly aggressive. Now where could of that came from:whistle2:k The last hit I made on him I returned for a TD and then we got
"disconnected."

I picked up the game today as well and for the most part it's fun. I do have a few complaints:

1. The create-a-player flat out sucks - give me access to the damn attributes
2. Not being able to change other players' attributes, such as jersey numbers, is rather annoying
3. There's no real commentary/announcing. I don't miss Madden at all (he's always been the biggest downfall to his own series), but having at least some form of true commentary would be nice, the current radio style announcer doesn't cut it for me. Hopefully next year EA can take advantage of their partnership with ESPN.
4. The menus need overhauled. A lot.

However, these are all essentially cosmetic complaints. The actual gameplay itself is very solid. While EA still hasn't completely delivered on a true next-gen Madden, this is a solid building block.

So I notice lots of posters here bought/played NFL 2K5. Do you recommend this game for someone who loved NFL 2K5? I've never been a Madden fan, but it sucks that I am missing out on another football game this year.

[quote name='asianxcore']So I notice lots of posters here bought/played NFL 2K5. Do you recommend this game for someone who loved NFL 2K5? I've never been a Madden fan, but it sucks that I am missing out on another football game this year.[/QUOTE]

Personally, I think that gameplay wise Madden is every bit as good, if not better, than 2K5. It's the lack of other features that sort of pisses me of.

However, I'm biased towards Madden in general. Anyone who's biased towards 2K5 will recommend that game over Madden. You should probably go out and rent it and see if it's something you like.

I need the strategy guide just to figure out how to navigate the fucking menus. Worst interface I've ever seen. It took me a solid 20 minutes to finally find where the option to change quarter lengths in Franchise mode was.

Where's the option to turn on the QB Vision Cone for the AI? I know for SP, you have to move the right stick for it to show up first, but when I'm playing the AIs offense, I want it to show up.

Worst Madden menu to date.

Well once again EA has put out a winner. YEAH RIGHT. I heard alot of buzz when E# was going on that this was gonna be the best Madden ever. BS its not. Heck I bought this thing just because in need a new football game. But so far it sucks. The create a charecter what is the point of that if i cant really change the face of the guy. Like santurio told me last night on chat. If you change your guys skin color then they automatically start to look like a black guy( no offence). Why cant they look hispanic? My guy that i made looks like a Dominican. I think they took out the challange so you cant challange a play. I saw a play that santurio did lastnight and that shoulnt have been a TD for me should of been down and he couldnt challange it. I Hate the EA radio crap thats just like the madden 06. They bought the rights to ESPN why not use it. Ohh well Maybe madden 08 is gonna be REVOLUTIONARY. Just like they always say every year.

LOL you guys crac me up. Trying to change times and view the cone.LOL thats the thing that makes this game so diffirent from all the others. "YOU CAN DO shit." Its REVOLUTIONARY.

[quote name='asianxcore']So I notice lots of posters here bought/played NFL 2K5. Do you recommend this game for someone who loved NFL 2K5? I've never been a Madden fan, but it sucks that I am missing out on another football game this year.[/QUOTE]

IMHO the only reasons you should buy this at full price are:

- you have to play the newest football game because of the addition of new players.
- you're a collector of LE games and you need the Hall of Fame Edition

Other than these 2 reasons I would stick to 2K5 or Madden 06 (Current Gen). Though Madden is the powerhouse I feel it is too simulated, just like GT is to the driving genre. These sims are fun in small amounts, but overall the 2K series made playing digital football fun from 2k on the DC until 2K5 on Current Gen consoles.

Also on a side note seeing as people are pointing out flaws I thought I'd point a small one out. This isn't major, but if you watch a replay and zoom in on a players helmet I've noticed that it does not reflect the stadium which you are in. I was playin in Texas Stadium and I zoomed in on T.O.'s helmet and it reflected what looked like LP field or some other open aired stadium. Like I said it is nothing major, I just found it a little odd.

bread's done
Back