Madden 08

Swingman

CAGiversary!
Has anyone purchased Madden 08 for the DS yet?

I was wondering if they fixed franchise mode. In 07, the players never improved.

I bought it today, but haven't played franchise mode yet. I started playing a wifi match but the connection was lost during the 1st quarter. The graphics and animations are much better.

I'm debating buying this game, could use a good sports game for my DS besides True Swing Golf. What I've read so far of it seems pretty good but there don't seem to be many reviews out there yet. Debating both this and Rune Factory...and f'in IGN doesn't have a review up of either yet. I hate IGN. Anyway, hoping for good reviews for Madden, it'd be nice if EA would start making decent sports games for the DS.

You could buy this at circuit city and receive the $25 gift card coupon for fansedge.com. That makes the game $5 and it is worth spending full price on if you like madden. The controls are excellent, which is the most important thing. Plus you get merchandise for your favorite team (although I do wish they had a bigger selection).

Madden 08 is great on the DS. Its improved a lot since the earlier revisons. Graphics are cleaner and detailed, it runs smoother, controls are pretty good. And online wi-fi is probably the highlight here (its the first for the DS series).

I'd appreciate if someone could check franchise mode for me. Franchise / dynasty mode is generally where I spend 90% of the time. I don't know why but I just enjoy trying to build a team.

If franchise mode is broken once again then I have no interest. Last year it was so obviously broken that you know they knew about it but shipped it anyway. That's one thing about sports game. They have to ship the product whether or not it's actually complete.

[quote name='jbuck138']You could buy this at circuit city and receive the $25 gift card coupon for fansedge.com. That makes the game $5 and it is worth spending full price on if you like madden. The controls are excellent, which is the most important thing. Plus you get merchandise for your favorite team (although I do wish they had a bigger selection).[/QUOTE]

Well, you can only consider it as a $5 game if you actually wanted something from fansedge. Personally I don't buy a lot of sports stuff. I just watch the games.

Just a note to anyone on the edge of buying this. The online works great. Unlike the Wii version; the ds version plays flawlessly when both people have a good connection.

I heard on a podcast or something that this version includes a paper football mode. Is that true? and if it does, is it any good? If so, I would probably buy it just for that alone (okay, not really, but that would be a pretty cool extra).

I have only played paper football a few times by myself. I prefer to play the regular game. It's a nice bonus, but nothing great.

How do you save your progress? I have tried entering franchise mode, but whenever I turn the machine off, it doesn't save ANY of my changes. I just got the DS, so I may just be doing something wrong. Any help would be much appreciated.

exit out of franchise mode after playing a game and it should say it is saving it. It doesn't automatically save if you finish a game and turn it off. Hope that helps.

bread's done
Back