Madden 09 league-AFC conference thread *FRESH START*

I'll be on tonight 11 or 12 EST.

Also IS ANYONE interested in trading for Fred Taylor? I am looking for a good WR! What about you samurai-hon? You could use a RB, you could give up maybe TJ, or C. Johnson.... We could wheel and deal!

[quote name='js1']I'll be on tonight 11 or 12 EST.

Also IS ANYONE interested in trading for Fred Taylor? I am looking for a good WR! What about you samurai-hon? You could use a RB, you could give up maybe TJ, or C. Johnson.... We could wheel and deal![/quote]

Nah. Maybe Andre Caldwell who usually ends up having more receiving yards than the other two out of the slow (97 speed?). But TJ and Chad aren't on the market. I do pretty well with Chris Perry who I think will have a big year this season.

Been a bit busy over the past week or so, and have only popped online a couple of times when no one else in the league was on.

I should be on this evening if anyone is up for a game, probably somewhere in the 7-10pm Eastern range. :D

That was the worst... Played my first league game against chokes and was winning 28-7 when he fumbled. He challenged the play and after the review, the game just disconnected. I forgot how much I hate EA's online system. Didn't somebody say there was a patch coming out?

[quote name='galvatron2k1']That was the worst... Played my first league game against chokes and was winning 28-7 when he fumbled. He challenged the play and after the review, the game just disconnected. I forgot how much I hate EA's online system. Didn't somebody say there was a patch coming out?[/QUOTE]

in about 1 more week

[quote name='galvatron2k1']That was the worst... Played my first league game against chokes and was winning 28-7 when he fumbled. He challenged the play and after the review, the game just disconnected. I forgot how much I hate EA's online system. Didn't somebody say there was a patch coming out?[/quote]

In the NFC thread I posted a newsletter from a Madden strategy site that I received detailing a new patch that was in the works, but I don't know when we'll be seeing that. I can confirm as well that challenges are giving disconnects pretty consistently in online and league games. Player Injuries have also triggered them for me. It sucks but hopefully they'll patch it soon.

Guys, I know this league might take a few months, but try to get in games as often as possible. Try to coordinate using this thread.

For example, I should be on late Friday night, around 11-12 central.

I seem to keep missing people. I'm usually on, but not very late, somewhere between 8-10pm EST is usually my sweet spot during the week. Fridays aren't usually good for me, Saturdays I can usually get in a morning game, and Sunday nights I'm usually free as well.

Hey guys. I've been mad busy lately and my internet went down for part of the weekend, but I'll try to get in a game or 2 this weekend. I'll be on late Fri. night most likely.

I'm gonna open the Jets to the 1st who posts in this thread.

Get your games in guys!

good game primetime, lol i almost won... sigh.
hey much better then our first meet, i improved on some stuff but it still wasnt enough...

what happened ghost face? lol sorry i had 2 close losses and i was 0-2 so i had to go for the blow out. gg though 24-6 at the half

[quote name='Furashu']good game primetime, lol i almost won... sigh.
hey much better then our first meet, i improved on some stuff but it still wasnt enough...

what happened ghost face? lol sorry i had 2 close losses and i was 0-2 so i had to go for the blow out. gg though 24-6 at the half[/QUOTE]

I was having a hard time playing because of my kids, and wife. Once you started going for two and stuff, I was not feeling that and then I was loosing badly, there was no coming back so I just said fuck it I quit. The games take too long to finish, and my time is short to game. I am actually think about getting rid of the game because I don't have the time to devote to the game, to get real good and I'm not having fun with it...

[quote name='Furashu']good game primetime, lol i almost won... sigh.

what happened ghost face? lol sorry i had 2 close losses and i was 0-2 so i had to go for the blow out. gg though 24-6 at the half[/quote]

Yup. gg

Gotta send me a league game invite next time though. I haven't had the time to play this game due to being too busy lately, but I'll be back on this weekend.

dude i thought that was a league invite. doh!
woo just barely beat gwl... lol 14-9.
got a user pick when he was in the redzone and ran out the last 2 mins.
phew...

still angry about that loss to chokes, i was just starting, oh well.

i will try to find a day and time where i am home.

probably wednesdays are best for me.

[quote name='Furashu']dude i thought that was a league invite. doh!
woo just barely beat gwl... lol 14-9.
got a user pick when he was in the redzone and ran out the last 2 mins.
phew...

still angry about that loss to chokes, i was just starting, oh well.

i will try to find a day and time where i am home.

probably wednesdays are best for me.[/quote]

No, it's all good. Just that next time I might lose...

I WILL finally be on tonight guys, so please get a game in with me if you're on too. Send me a PSN message or vice versa. I should be on for a few hours.

I also have a little housekeeping to do on this thread that I'll take care of tonight.

Hey, I'd like to know if anyone is interested in a rededication to completing this league. I mean, we gotta give the NFC some competition!

If you would be interested in completing this league, which may involve starting a new, smaller AFC league, then please post. Sorry it went down like this guys.

[quote name='melokeith']I'm out ... no one was ever on when I was - now I'm into other stuff...

Thanks for trying -
Keith[/quote]

It's cool. It's definitely been tough for sure.

Yeah, I may be out too, I just have too many games I'm sitting on right now that need playing time. If I do bow out, I do have a replacement for the Browns. A buddy of mine was interested in getting into the league initially but it filled up. He would want to take over the Browns if you guys get this going and allow me to pass the team on to a friend. Just let me know so I can pass on the info.

Also, I have no problem playing any of you on occasion (just send me a friend request), I just cannot be dedicated to a league at this point.

bread's done
Back