Madden 11 League-OFFICIAL CAG LEAGUE-That's all folks! Mini-tourney still coming tho!

One or two people asked about them, no official owner yet.

Superstar did check in, he's interested in switching to the Vikings. If that goes through, mog can have the Bears.

[quote name='Doomtime']
Superstar did check in, he's interested in switching to the Vikings. If that goes through, mog can have the Bears.[/QUOTE]

Ah, I missed that entirely. Didn't Lexxon end up with the Vikings last year? He hasn't checked in yet.

Ah, musical chairs. :D

[quote name='bvharris']Ah, I missed that entirely. Didn't Lexxon end up with the Vikings last year? He hasn't checked in yet.

Ah, musical chairs. :D[/QUOTE]

:lol: Yep! Lexxon has also checked in, but he's unsure if he'll be picking up Madden 12 since he missed out on the $45+20 giftcard deal.

[quote name='ballhawk20']I want the ravens or the redskins let me know which one I can have![/QUOTE]

First in line for the Ravens are Deuce followed by Grand Cru. The Redskins however, are open. So I'd say you're good to go on them.

[quote name='ballhawk20']I want the ravens or the redskins let me know which one I can have![/QUOTE]

First in line for the Ravens are Deuce followed by Grand Cru. The Redskins however, are open. So I'd say you're good to go on them.

[quote name='Doomtime']:lol: Yep! Lexxon has also checked in, but he's unsure if he'll be picking up Madden 12 since he missed out on the $45+20 giftcard deal.[/QUOTE]

Since I'm now 0-for-2 on realizing people have checked in, I should quit while I'm ahead... :D

[quote name='Hell Monkey']If you have a free space this year, I"d like to get in on the league for 12.[/QUOTE]
Name a few teams you'd be interested in and we'll go from there. There are still quite a few spots open.

[quote name='Doomtime']Name a few teams you'd be interested in and we'll go from there. There are still quite a few spots open.[/QUOTE]

Whatever.Eagles is my actual favorite team but I know that won't happen, lol. Beyond that Jaguars, Chargers, Cardinals, Bears, and Colts, but I'd take just about anything except Cowboys, Giants, and Redskins. (I refuse to play any of those three, ;) )

Anyone know when the full ratings usually come out? I've already seen a few of the rookie overall ratings.. I forget if that info's in the demo, though I don't think so. I'd like to get a look at where they have the Patriots players ranked so I can start planning my schemes.. :)

[quote name='Hell Monkey']They revealed Bills and Dolphins today. I'd imagine Patriots and Jets tomorrow. (since all AFC East)[/QUOTE]

Thanks. Do you have a link to where they're posting those?

Would also like to join the league if there are spots open. Teams dont really matter but Ill throw out a few ( in no order) : Seattle, Chicago, Atlanta, Cleveland, NY Giants, New Orleans

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Hell Monkey']Here ya go: http://espn.go.com/espn/thelife/videogames/blog/_/name/thegamer/id/6821534/bills-dolphins[/QUOTE]

Cool, I'll check back in tomorrow. My biggest questions will be how high they've got Devin McCourty (I'm hoping he's up near 90) and whether Nate Solder will be highly rated enough as a rookie that I'd consider starting him at LT (I doubt it). Also key will be where Leigh Bodden rates after missing a year. I already saw that 33rd overall pick Ras-I Dowling is a 74, so he could be a nice nickel corner depending on his peripherals.

I'll need to wait for the Bengals/Redskins posts to see how Ochocinco/Haynesworth are rated, though I'm not wildly optimistic for either one.

[quote name='Hell Monkey']Whatever.Eagles is my actual favorite team but I know that won't happen, lol. Beyond that Jaguars, Chargers, Cardinals, Bears, and Colts, but I'd take just about anything except Cowboys, Giants, and Redskins. (I refuse to play any of those three, ;) )[/QUOTE]
Jaguars are open. Cardinals may or may not depending on what Darth wants to do. All of those other teams are taken as of now. And yes, there is a long line for the Eagles :lol:

[quote name='TheSportsGamer23']Would also like to join the league if there are spots open. Teams dont really matter but Ill throw out a few ( in no order) : Seattle, Chicago, Atlanta, Cleveland, NY Giants, New Orleans[/QUOTE]
I haven't seen any mention of Seattle or New Orleans yet, although we did have a guy play as the Saints last year, so we'll have to see if he wants to come back.

Toss me in for the Jags for now then please. Might as well play the hometown team since I'm in J-Ville. (If Cards comes open I'd want to switch to them though. I can at least play a bird team with a former Eagle QB, lol)

[quote name='Hell Monkey']Whatever.Eagles is my actual favorite team but I know that won't happen, lol. Beyond that Jaguars, Chargers, Cardinals, Bears, and Colts, but I'd take just about anything except Cowboys, Giants, and Redskins. (I refuse to play any of those three, ;) )[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Doomtime']Jaguars are open. Cardinals may or may not depending on what Darth wants to do. All of those other teams are taken as of now. And yes, there is a long line for the Eagles :lol:[/QUOTE]

No one's claimed the Chargers yet that I know of. I know I said I had someone who might want to take them over. This is him. ;)

[quote name='Zurezo']I want the Steelers back.[/QUOTE]

Not a problem. I cleared my PM inbox btw.

I should have this sorted out after work today, around 7-8pm.

[quote name='bvharris']No one's claimed the Chargers yet that I know of. I know I said I had someone who might want to take them over. This is him. ;)[/QUOTE]

I'll take the Chargers then if I can. If not I'll take the Jags, might as well go wtih the hometown team.

[quote name='bvharris']No one's claimed the Chargers yet that I know of. I know I said I had someone who might want to take them over. This is him. ;)[/QUOTE]
Ohhhh ok. Yeah that's why I held off.

Always looking for some new competition in the AFC West, even though I jumped ship. :D

[quote name='Doomtime']Ohhhh ok. Yeah that's why I held off.

Always looking for some new competition in the AFC West, even though I jumped ship. :D[/QUOTE]

Normally I wouldn't wish that buzzsaw on anyone, but if you end up switching it looks like all 4 of the members of the Division of Doom will have moved on.

[quote name='Doomtime']I haven't seen any mention of Seattle or New Orleans yet, although we did have a guy play as the Saints last year, so we'll have to see if he wants to come back.[/QUOTE]

Sounds Good..If I cant get New Orleans I'll take Seattle

[quote name='ubernes']Not a problem. I cleared my PM inbox btw.

I should have this sorted out after work today, around 7-8pm.[/QUOTE]

just let me know what will be open that I might get to a decent team possibly

[quote name='bvharris']Normally I wouldn't wish that buzzsaw on anyone, but if you end up switching it looks like all 4 of the members of the Division of Doom will have moved on.[/QUOTE]
Nope I'm staying in the AFC West with the Chiefs. Mog and Sprice to the NFC North and you to the AFC East. Funny thing is, I play all of you guys this season, so it will be a nice reunion. Their schedule is brutal, I'd be lucky to end up 10-6

[quote name='Doomtime']Ohhhh ok. Yeah that's why I held off.

Always looking for some new competition in the AFC West, even though I jumped ship. :D[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't quite say competition, lol. I haven't gotten a new Madden in 2 years so probably out of practice.

As long as no one does what happened last time I played online.I was playing against the Raiders, and the guy kept going for it on 4th and long, or running backwards until all the D chasing was in a line, then sprint up the side. It was insane, nothing like real football. (and I was thinking football, not retardball)

I also have no clue how to effectively play a 3-4. I'm use to a 4-3 and pretty much only the Birds playbook. (I haven't used a team other then them since Madden 2001

[quote name='Hell Monkey']I wouldn't quite say competition, lol. I haven't gotten a new Madden in 2 years so probably out of practice. As long as no one does what happened last time I played online.I was playing against the Raiders, and the guy kept going for it on 4th and long, or running backwards until all the D chasing was in a line, then sprint up the side. It was insane, nothing like real football. (and I was thinking football, not retardball)[/QUOTE]

That shit ain't allowed up in here. :D

[quote name='Hell Monkey']I wouldn't quite say competition, lol. I haven't gotten a new Madden in 2 years so probably out of practice.

As long as no one does what happened last time I played online.I was playing against the Raiders, and the guy kept going for it on 4th and long, or running backwards until all the D chasing was in a line, then sprint up the side. It was insane, nothing like real football. (and I was thinking football, not retardball)

I also have no clue how to effectively play a 3-4. I'm use to a 4-3 and pretty much only the Birds playbook. (I haven't used a team other then them since Madden 2001[/QUOTE]
Anyone trying to play cheeseball in this league will be warned and if it continues, uber boots them. Easily the best league I've been in.

Well if you want to practice sometime, there are plenty of guys in the league who are open to some unranked practice games, myself included.

[quote name='Doomtime']Anyone trying to play cheeseball in this league will be warned and if it continues, uber boots them. Easily the best league I've been in.

Well if you want to practice sometime, there are plenty of guys in the league who are open to some unranked practice games, myself included.[/QUOTE]

Me too! I sold my Madden 11 2 months ago. I have a plan for a new offense this time around. New offense, same old Mike Wallace :)

[quote name='Zurezo']Me too! I sold my Madden 11 2 months ago. I have a plan for a new offense this time around. New offense, same old Mike Wallace :)[/QUOTE]

I look forward to seeing this "new offense". :D

Will Wallace be going for 40 TDs this year? ;)

As far as "Vets who haven't checked in" goes...I don't think we've heard from Matt Young, Deuce (although Cru mentioned he might not join us this season), redygo, and maybe some others...I need a reliable Saints owner in my division!! Can't remember who played as the Saints last year.

[quote name='MasterAwesome']I need a reliable Saints owner in my division!! Can't remember who played as the Saints last year.[/QUOTE]

It was Scotts85 to start, but he left after a season or two. Then it was a bunch of people.

Matt Young will keep the Pack, I'm hoping Deuce comes back this season. I'll try to get a hold of redygo.

Scotts played as the Saints last season, and then we had a few replacements after that.

Thanks friends...I had missed these times where I could post a question and expect a response within 30 seconds!! Looks like our thread is back to its prime...and we're still a month away!

[quote name='MasterAwesome']Thanks friends...I had missed these times where I could post a question and expect a response within 30 seconds!! Looks like our thread is back to its prime...and we're still a month away![/QUOTE]
^^ lol true. I also missed your random out of nowhere questions. Fable 3 comes to mind.

Prez come on man. Nhamdi was your D, that's why I let you have them. Jamal Charles will do just fine for me.

bread's done
Back