Madden 11 League-OFFICIAL CAG LEAGUE-That's all folks! Mini-tourney still coming tho!

[quote name='Darth0fTheDead']
Even after only playing 4 games I'll be doing a dance around the house if I can even slide into a Wildcard slot, haha.[/QUOTE]

word. looking forward to week 7 :)

[quote name='ubernes']How are those power rankings looking, bv? :D[/QUOTE]

I'm done with the rankings, but I've only written the first 5 descriptions. I can finish that later, but I think I'll just go ahead and post them now, since those are gonna take me a while.

POWER RANKINGS WEEK 4 - Look out for Jersey and the Bay Area

1. New York Giants (4-0) - The defending Madden champs are a no-brainer pick at #1. They've handled all their opponents by at least 2 touchdowns and have not needed to sweat a single game. Simply put, this spot is theirs until they lost it. A week 5 game against the Texans should present a stiff test.

2. New York Jets (4-0) – The Jets came into the season with high expectations, and thus far have met them and more. They are hot on the heels of their stadium-mates, and the scariest thing is that their margin of victory has increased in every single game. They have already beat every AFC East team as well as the Ravens, there is no doubt they are the class of the AFC.

3. Oakland Raiders (4-0) – No doubt the surprise story of the young season is the Raiders, who have beaten some stiff competition in compiling their 4-0 record. They're no longer going to sneak up on anybody however, as their talent is now well known around the league. A Week 5 matchup with the Chargers gives them the opportunity to put a stranglehold on the AFC West.

4. San Francisco 49ers (4-0) – There should be no overlooking the 49ers, who have been every bit as dominant as the teams above them in compiling their 4-0 record. The only thing that keeps them at #4 is that their win over the Saints was against the CPU. Otherwise, they are right up there with the Giants and Jets

5. Houston Texans (3-1) – But for a 3-point loss to the Raiders, the Texans would be undefeated themselves, and they have certainly looked the part, establishing themselves as the team to beat in the AFC South as the traditional power of the Colts have struggled. However, they face their stiffest test yet in Week 5 when the #1 Giants come to town.

6. Miami Dolphins (3-1)

7. New Orleans Saints (3-1)

8. Pittsburgh Steelers (3-1)

9. Seattle Seahawks (3-1)

10. Baltimore Ravens (2-2)

11. Carolina Panthers (2-2)

12. Jacksonville Jaguars (2-2)

13. Chicago Bears (2-2)

14. Green Bay Packers (2-2)

15. Arizona Cardinals (2-2)

16. New England Patriots (2-2)

17. San Diego Chargers (2-2)

18. Denver Broncos (2-2)

19. Detroit Lions (2-2)

20. Washington Redskins (2-2)

21. Dallas Cowboys (1-2)

22. Tampa Bay Buccaneers (1-2)

23. Kansas City Chiefs (1-2)

24. Philadelphia Eagles (1-3)

25. Indianapolis Colts (1-3)

26. Atlanta Falcons (1-3)

27. Cincinnati Bengals (1-3)

28. Buffalo Bills(1-3)

29. Cleveland Browns (1-3)

30. Minnesota Vikings (0-3)

31. St. Louis Rams (0-4)

32. Tennessee Titans (0-4)

Thank you for this BV, as this will definently be poster-board, locker room motivation for the Redskins.

As I proceed to whip the Packers, Bears and Lions in the coming weeks, this shall definently make me smile.

Also, luckily for you Darth nobody ever gets to see me whip you 85% of the time.

Good job, though. :D

On another note, I certainly hope Matt Young shows up some time this afternoon so we can play our game. lol

Well, I did say either late afternoon/early evening (Pacific time) today, or otherwise, tomorrow. But I can play around 5:15 P.M. Pacific time tonight. Is that doable?

EDIT: This isn't a complaint, but rather a question- why was I placed behind the Bears when I beat that team (albeit in as close a game as one can get) and one of my 2 losses was in a game that I didn't play? Just curious. I have a tough opponent this week, so I'm going to have to do well just to keep up my current ranking.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Matt Young']Well, I did say either late afternoon/early evening (Pacific time) today, or otherwise, tomorrow. But I can play around 5:15 P.M. Pacific time tonight. Is that doable?[/QUOTE]

Yeah 7:15 Pacific is fine. :)

[quote name='OCD_Nightmare']Yeah 7:15 Pacific is fine. :)[/QUOTE]

I hope you meant 5:15 Pacific time, because that was what I said. At 7:15, I'll be watching the UFC pay per view. But I'm pretty sure you just made a typo. :p

[quote name='OCD_Nightmare']Thank you for this BV, as this will definently be poster-board, locker room motivation for the Redskins.

As I proceed to whip the Packers, Bears and Lions in the coming weeks, this shall definently make me smile.
[/QUOTE]

I saw this coming a mile away, haha.

[quote name='Matt Young']
EDIT: This isn't a complaint, but rather a question- why was I placed behind the Bears when I beat that team (albeit in as close a game as one can get) and one of my 2 losses was in a game that I didn't play? Just curious. I have a tough opponent this week, so I'm going to have to do well just to keep up my current ranking.[/QUOTE]

Because I put all the 2-2 teams in a pile and then I looked at their point differential, it would have taken me forever to sift through who played everyone in every game. There's at least one team higher than me who I beat I believe.

The Power Rankings aren't personal, nothing is meant as a slight to anyone. It's just for fun. But if it's going to become a constant game of "why am I here?" "why am I below this person?" I'd be just as happy not to do it. :D

I know it's just to enhance enjoyment of the league, and I certainly don't take it personally. Like I said, I was just curious; not complaining. The in game standings are what matter. I didn't mean to offend you if I did.

Yeah sorry Matt Young, I meant 5:15 pacific, not used to dealing with pacific time difference these days, even though I am from the west coast originally lol

I would not want you to miss Edgar - Penn II ;)

BV, don't take me saying what I did as me taking the rankings personally by the way - I actually enjoyed it. My post was meant to be a joke, though obviously that does not translate very well via a message board, sorry.

I am glad just like everyone else you are doing the power rankings, and I appreciate your effort, truly.

That being said, I do take it as motivation for me personally, who does not want to get better at something they legitimately enjoy? I have a long way to go to be able to compete with BigAT in my division and hopefully I improve enough each week to be able to do that come week 13.

I love the power rankings bv but I definitely disagree on some points. :) Not saying I'm better than BigAT but if I beat the #6 team and the Ravens (no slouches despite their 2-2 record) you would think my resume would equal a #1. I don't expect to stay there but through 4 weeks I think I earned it.

[quote name='ubernes']I love the power rankings bv but I definitely disagree on some points. :) Not saying I'm better than BigAT but if I beat the #6 team and the Ravens (no slouches despite their 2-2 record) you would think my resume would equal a #1. I don't expect to stay there but through 4 weeks I think I earned it.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, and why are my Rams ranked 31st? fuck that, we have been (or were) the worst team through the first four weeks hands down. Look at how many points we have given up. We've been scored on more than Paris Hilton's bed.

[quote name='ubernes']I love the power rankings bv but I definitely disagree on some points. :) Not saying I'm better than BigAT but if I beat the #6 team and the Ravens (no slouches despite their 2-2 record) you would think my resume would equal a #1. I don't expect to stay there but through 4 weeks I think I earned it.[/QUOTE]

The only reason he's one and you're two is because he's the defending champ.

[quote name='bvharris']The only reason he's one and you're two is because he's the defending champ.[/QUOTE]
Not to mention the league secretly has a $50 bounty for the first team to beat you. :)

I am rooting for ubernes this week, even though pitfallharry is my wrestling thread homie. I need the Vikings to lose.

Just played ocd_nightmare. He played well, and I mean no disrespect, but I hope something can be done about his connection issues. We had to start 3 times: the first time, it disconnected just after I kicked a field goal to make it 3-0. He said it wasn't him that did it, and I have no reason to think otherwise. But we did lose connection, unfortunately. We tried again, and at the coin toss, it said "Lost connection to your opponent". The third time, the game was completed.

I know it wasn't ocd's fault, and he appeared to suffer the effects of the lag on a missed short field goal, and possibly another (it was 50 or so yards, so who knows if he'd have made it?), but the lag cost me dearly. Maybe I would have lost in a lag free game; maybe I wouldn't have. I'd just like to think it would have been closer.

The lag was so bad that I had to push buttons 3-4 times just to get it to register my choice of plays, and it rendered the passing game unplayable at times. I threw 2 interceptions int he game, and the first probably wouldn't have been picked without the lag. On the second, my receiver appeared wide open, and then a defensive back appeared in front of him from 5 yards away for the pick. That one led to a touchdown shortly after. Then any chance I had to stop his 99 yard kick return TD was ruined when there was extreme lag switching between the defenders, so I couldn't choose the right one.

I know no one wants to hear me complain about stuff, and I'm not angry. I'm just irritated. But I'm just venting... no one can really do much about the problem. OCD played a good game, and I do not mean to take away from his skill or his win whatsoever. It was fun, frustrations aside. Good game, OCD.

Washington Redskins 21, Green Bay Packers 7

[quote name='Darth0fTheDead']Not to mention the league secretly has a $50 bounty for the first team to beat you. :)[/QUOTE]

Haha you mean me? And by league you mean you? And by secretly you mean very openly?

We're looking good this week. Bills/Jags is the only game I haven't heard from.
I'm aiming to play the Vikes on Monday but haven't heard from him yet.

Bills here,

I PMed the Jags through CAG and haven't heard back from him yet. I was around yesterday but won't be most of today. If I hear back from him I'm expecting to do the game tonight or Monday/Tuesday evening. I'll keep you posted.

Let's get official updates on these if we could...

Texans vs Giants (game time? I believe tonight)
Colts vs Chiefs (heard today, yes?)
Jags vs Bills (Jags need to communicate but looks like Mon or Tues evening)
Jets vs Vikings (no word from Vikes yet. Mon night ideal)
Ravens vs Broncos (game time?)
Panthers vs Bears (what's up with this?)
Niners vs Eagles (tomorrow it looks)
Saints vs Cards (is this being retried?)

[quote name='ubernes']Colts vs Chiefs (heard today, yes?)
[/QUOTE]

Delayed until tonight. Our schedules just missed each other.

[quote name='ubernes']
Saints vs Cards (is this being retried?)[/QUOTE]

Last we heard it seemed like Scotts might be thinking about leaving the league due to his crappy connection.

[quote name='bvharris']Last we heard it seemed like Scotts might be thinking about leaving the league due to his crappy connection.[/QUOTE]

Yeah he hasn't responded to any of my PMs via CAG or xbxl. Told him to toss me a inv later on yesterday when he wanted to try again but, never got to me. Then saw him on again this morning and asked him if we could knock it out today because my work schedule will be busier then usual and he logged of without response shortly after. His sig other/roommate might have been on his account too but, if he doesn't get on by tonight we might have to sim it.

Hey this is the Jags owner ive been MIA the past couple days moving into my dorm. Just setting up my live so I should be able to play anytime in the next couple days

Hey guys, sorry, left my xbox on when I wasn't home. Darth, do you want to replay it or just drop out and let me get the game over with? If there's any serious injury to your guys I'll restart and I won't even try to put up a bunch of points.

Texans 28 Giants 34 (OT)

Steve Slaton cost the Texans the game!!!!!!!
Up 7 inside of 2 minutes the Texans pick Eli Manning and take over on the Giants' side of the field. On the ensuing drive they hand off to Slaton who gains 10-12 yards inside of the 10 and Slaton fumbles! [I was holding RB to cover the ball btw]

The Giants recover, drive down the field to tie and send it to OT, where Brandon Jacobs closes the door.

GG BigAT, I had you beat.....

Crazy one with the Texans.

The game started out pretty terribly for me. On the first drive of the game, I lost my starting MLB and #1 CB to injury, then allowed a touchdown. Pretty awesome losing your best corner when you're trying to cover one of the best wide receivers in the game.

I was down 28-21 with the ball and a few minutes remaining. I was fairly confident I would be able to get the game tying touchdown as I had been moving the ball relatively comfortably after making some early adjustments. Unfortunately, on one of the first plays of the drive, Kevin Boss got stripped of the ball after making a catch near midfield.
http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/33271062

Steve Slaton (24 for 224 yards, 3 TDs) had killed me all game. Despite being rated only 76 OVR, Slaton is ridiculous in this game because his speed attributes are so high, he can change direction at will. The Texans were just running down clock when Steve Slaton finally played like the real Steve Slaton:
http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/33270806

You can see in the highlight that Ram likely was holding RB during the play. Still, I'm surprised you still had Slaton in the game at that point, he only has a 58 Carry rating.

The Giants recovered the fumble and then quickly went 90+ yards for the game tying touchdown. The game went into overtime after that. On the very first play from scrimmage in OT, Brandon Jacobs ran with a full head of steam right into a tired Texans defense and ripped off an 80 yard game winning TD.
http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/33270600

YES! Ranked @ 22. I'm going to enjoy this until you realize how terrible I am! ha.

Any suggestions on how I should go about improving the Bucs? I don't even know where to start.

[quote name='MasterAwesome']Hey sorry...I don't ever see the Bears post on here so I guess I'll try him on Live.[/QUOTE]

I don't recall him ever posting before or after I played him, but he was the one who made the initial contact regarding our week 3 game, on XBL. I just wish he and others would use the thread and/or PMs, because I'm much more likely to see those than I am XBL messages.

Man, I just realized that Madden has the same bullshit tiebreaker system- alphabetical by city name. So I'm 2-3, Detroit is 2-3. I beat Detroit, but I'm ranked behind them. If the Bears lose, I'll be tied with them in record, but I won my game against them, too. I'm going to still be stuck in 3rd instead of 1st, I think. :whistle2:/

Dolphins guy is on my friend list, but I'll PM him today for availability. His numbers put up scare me, though.

[quote name='Matt Young']Man, I just realized that Madden has the same bullshit tiebreaker system- alphabetical by city name. So I'm 2-3, Detroit is 2-3. I beat Detroit, but I'm ranked behind them. If the Bears lose, I'll be tied with them in record, but I won my game against them, too. I'm going to still be stuck in 3rd instead of 1st, I think. :whistle2:/
.[/QUOTE]

I like that system. ;) (ATLANTA)

[quote name='Scotts85']Hey guys, sorry, left my xbox on when I wasn't home. Darth, do you want to replay it or just drop out and let me get the game over with? If there's any serious injury to your guys I'll restart and I won't even try to put up a bunch of points.[/QUOTE]

I thought you were the one having connection issues?

[quote name='Scotts85']Hey guys, sorry, left my xbox on when I wasn't home. Darth, do you want to replay it or just drop out and let me get the game over with? If there's any serious injury to your guys I'll restart and I won't even try to put up a bunch of points.[/QUOTE]

Did you have to score 49 points against me? :'( My PF and PA is horrid now! But I guess that stuff doesn't matter anyways when it comes to tiebreakers...so it's all good.

CAG-KAYHOLIDAY
LIVE GT-KAYHOLIDAY
TEAM-NEXT AVAIL.

hey i would like to join this league soon as a spots comes open, gt kayholiday thx

Ravens 26
Broncos 10

This game was a statement for the Ravens. We've lost 2 games because we couldnt maintain focus on offense and the defense had mental lapses on 3rd downs. The Broncos' pass rush was relentless, as Elvis Dumerville had 3 sacks, but Joe Cool stood tall and completed 11 of 14 passes for 183 yards, and 2 TD's. The Ravens D showed just how well they can play by stifling the Broncos on 3rd downs... just 2 for 8... throughout the game. Ray Rice was relatively quiet as a result of the defense giving the offense a short field, and Joe Flacco being so accurate. GG Solid...

I've been in touch with fer0cious/Dolphins, and our schedules seem to match up just fine. Not sure on the exact day yet, but I've got a feeling that we'll be getting our game in early in the week.

EDIT: I just realized I have to face Cru, ubernes, and BigAT all this season. Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck.

bread's done
Back