Madden 11 League-OFFICIAL CAG LEAGUE-That's all folks! Mini-tourney still coming tho!

Chargers 49, Patriots 10

The Chargers put a good old fashioned hurting on the visiting Patriots in Week 7, showing definitively that they have shaken off the rust which lead to their recent 3 game losing streak. It was all Chargers from the outset. After forcing a 3 and out on the Pats opening drive, the Chargers marched down the field - but not without incident. Sproles and Gates both fumbled on the drive, but the Chargers managed to recover and punch in a goal line TD with Tolbert. On the Patriots' next series Brady threw a costly pick which Cason took to the house for a 14-0 lead. After forcing another Pats punt, the Chargers drove the field again and scored on a Rivers pass to Floyd. It was deja vu on the next drive as Brady threw a pick which Vasher took to the bank. The Chargers added two more TDs, both on throws to Gates (one an 80 yarder) to make it 42-0 at the half. From there, the Chargers took their foot off the gas, putting in Billy Volek and spending a large part of the second half working the ground game. The Patriots finally broke through on a 12 yard pass to Moss, but the Chargers answered right back with a 63 yard TD scramble from Sproles. Gostowski added a FG in the 4th after the Pats stalled in the Red Zone to give the game its final score.

While the Chargers were no doubt firing on all cylinders, it was really Tom Brady who lost this game for the Patriots early. He threw 4 of the most costly picks you can throw, two which were returned for TDs and another 2 in the endzone (one on a long pass and the other from inside the 10). Obviously the Patriots ground game was non-existant, as they were behind early.

Rivers put up a perfect QB rating, completing 11 of 13 passes for 242 yards and 3 scores. (Volek played from the mid-3rd on, and was 2-3 with an int).

Sproles rushed 11 times for 74 yards and a score, while Gates was his usual self catching 5 passes for 145 yards and 2 TDs.

----

gg redworm. I just am on a roll right now. I did my best to play as I'd want someone to play against me if they were up that big. I tried to take my foot off the gas as much as I could while still running an offense. I hope you weren't offended by me pulling Rivers and Sproles (as if he's so great :D) I just didn't want to risk anything unnecessarily.

Last edited by a moderator:
Madden is ridiculous...they make Carolina home games rainy 90% of the time, no exaggeration...and half of the time there are like 12+ mph winds too. As a Charlotte resident I find it insanely inaccurate and just retarded.

Anyways...gg Cru, I hope you didn't think I was trying to run up the score or anything at the end...I was trying to play as fair as possible. Obviously the score isn't indicative of skill or anything, this was just a clear cut case of desperation kicking in after I got an early lead. It was obvious you were trying to strip DeAngelo every chance you got, which surprisingly never worked. That would always lead to him breaking more tackles and gaining more yards than he should have.

Man, I was really worried after Steve Smith got injured in the first couple minutes of the first quarter after trying to return a punt. He was out for the whole game...I guess I shouldn't risk him as my punt returner.

And yeah lol I was wondering, why don't you use Alex Smith? He's gotta be more accurate than Nate Davis...and I hope this game helped nudge you a little towards trading for Clausen :) He's actually got pretty good THP and THA ratings, he seems pretty solid for being rated 76 or 74 or whatever.

[quote name='Mr Grand Cru']
Well I just want everybody to know My team is on the trade block in essence nobody is untouchable except Patrick Willis, Vernon Davis and Taylor Mays I would say Frank Gore also But he may be headed to the Colts, I need to rebuild and fast because I still have 3 weeks without vernon davis and I can't take 3 more losses actually I refuse to take anymore losses, Ramesu It's time to Hit the Lab like back in 2004, Dog.[/QUOTE]

I might be interested in Michael Crabtree if he's on the block. :D

[quote name='Matt Young']I never see him post in the thread, so I'd recommend trying an XBL message or a PM. He's easy to get a hold of that way. Actually, he friend requested/contacted me first on XBL for our game.[/QUOTE]

Yeah the Bears doesn't ever post on here and I don't think he checks Xbox Live too often either, but I sent him a PM on here and he returned it literally within 5 minutes...so I would definitely try that first.

[quote name='bvharris']I might be interested in Michael Crabtree if he's on the block. :D[/QUOTE]

It Depends what your offering ?

Oh almost forgot the week 6 report.
Falcons 40, Eagles 36
He had a chance to win with 4 seconds left at my 15, but my defense came up big, applying pressure to kolb forcing him out of the pocket.
Gg pacer

[quote name='Mr Grand Cru']It Depends what your offering ?[/QUOTE]

The only players on my roster who are untouchable are Rivers, Gates, Jackson, and Jammer (I've got no other good CBs). Anyone else, including all my LBs, is available.

I'll take a look at your roster later and see what might work, feel free to do the same.

[quote name='MasterAwesome']Madden is ridiculous...they make Carolina home games rainy 90% of the time, no exaggeration...and half of the time there are like 12+ mph winds too. As a Charlotte resident I find it insanely inaccurate and just retarded.

Anyways...gg Cru, I hope you didn't think I was trying to run up the score or anything at the end...I was trying to play as fair as possible. Obviously the score isn't indicative of skill or anything, this was just a clear cut case of desperation kicking in after I got an early lead. It was obvious you were trying to strip DeAngelo every chance you got, which surprisingly never worked. That would always lead to him breaking more tackles and gaining more yards than he should have.

Man, I was really worried after Steve Smith got injured in the first couple minutes of the first quarter after trying to return a punt. He was out for the whole game...I guess I shouldn't risk him as my punt returner.

And yeah lol I was wondering, why don't you use Alex Smith? He's gotta be more accurate than Nate Davis...and I hope this game helped nudge you a little towards trading for Clausen :) He's actually got pretty good THP and THA ratings, he seems pretty solid for being rated 76 or 74 or whatever.[/QUOTE]

Yea I know you were not trying to run the score up I am actually surprised that you didn't run that last pick six in and instead went out of bounds at the one and ran the clock out that was good sportsmanship, and for anybody else I really don't care if you run the score up when you are playing me I won't lose any sleep over it lol or run in the forum and tell on you lol a loss is a loss for me whether by 1 or 100 I lost and that is that.

[quote name='bvharris']The only players on my roster who are untouchable are Rivers, Gates, Jackson, and Jammer (I've got no other good CBs). Anyone else, including all my LBs, is available.

I'll take a look at your roster later and see what might work, feel free to do the same.[/QUOTE]

cool

For those asking about the free agent waiver wire.

It'll be done by record and the tiebreaker with be the difference between points for and points against (the lower the number the higher waiver priority). I will get it together by the end of the weekend at the latest.

Just a note for anybody wanting to trade with me please shoot me a xbox live message, PM on here, or email me at [email protected], or if we are facebook friends take that route lol. I will note that I miss some post in the forum and also this weekend is my Women's birthday so I won't be reviewing to much until probably Monday evening or Tuesday during the day.

[quote name='ubernes']
It'll be done by record and the tiebreaker with be the difference between points for and points against (the lower the number the higher waiver priority). I will get it together by the end of the weekend at the latest.[/QUOTE]

Did you see my idea about the tie-breaker being reverse alphabetical order? Might be good to help the teams most likely to be fucked over at the end of the season by Madden's idiocy.

[quote name='bvharris']Did you see my idea about the tie-breaker being reverse alphabetical order? Might be good to help the teams most likely to be fucked over at the end of the season by Madden's idiocy.[/QUOTE]

I don't think that's a bad idea, but I think with so many ties right now so early in the season it will screw over people that may deserve those better free agents even with their alphabet priority. Quick example I came up with scanning the standings, Ravens and Colts both sit at 3-3, but the the Ravens have a +77 difference and the Colts have a -15. Now should the Ravens get ahead of the Colts in the waiver priority? I would say no. The Colts obviously need it more. Now if it was like +25 and +38 then maybe I'd say give it in opposite alphabetical order. And maybe that's what we'll do, we'll set a range of.. I don't know, 25? 30? Somewhere in there. Where teams are more on the same level, or have been so far. Make sense?

[quote name='Mr Grand Cru']Yea I know you were not trying to run the score up I am actually surprised that you didn't run that last pick six in and instead went out of bounds at the one and ran the clock out that was good sportsmanship, and for anybody else I really don't care if you run the score up when you are playing me I won't lose any sleep over it lol or run in the forum and tell on you lol a loss is a loss for me whether by 1 or 100 I lost and that is that.[/QUOTE]

Darn lol, running that pick out of bounds was so heartbreaking for me...if I ever want to pad my stats with any player it would be Jon Beason. I get such a sense of accomplishment from his stats :( Lol I appreciate the attitude though.

[quote name='ubernes']I don't think that's a bad idea, but I think with so many ties right now so early in the season it will screw over people that may deserve those better free agents even with their alphabet priority. Quick example I came up with scanning the standings, Ravens and Colts both sit at 3-3, but the the Ravens have a +77 difference and the Colts have a -15. Now should the Ravens get ahead of the Colts in the waiver priority? I would say no. The Colts obviously need it more. Now if it was like +25 and +38 then maybe I'd say give it in opposite alphabetical order. And maybe that's what we'll do, we'll set a range of.. I don't know, 25? 30? Somewhere in there. Where teams are more on the same level, or have been so far. Make sense?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it definitely does. My thinking is this: Say the Colts and the Ravens still have an identical record at the end of the season and the point differential gap, and other tie breakers, all favor the Ravens. The Colts are still going to the playoffs (I'm assuming it's by team name, not city, but I could be wrong). I'd say in that case the Ravens are more screwed than the Colts are now.

I think both ways have merit, but I think we should do one or the other rather than trying to set some range. I have no objections to your plan, at the current moment that's the most fair way to do it.

Personally I think going by the difference is the most fair way. It rewards people who don't run up the score and people who may be struggling. Your example with colts and ravens shows this perfectly.

Edit: woaaaaah, just realized that sounded really cocky and deuschey. I didn't mean it to sound like that, I know that both hydro and deuce are fat better than me.

[quote name='MasterAwesome']Darn lol, running that pick out of bounds was so heartbreaking for me...if I ever want to pad my stats with any player it would be Jon Beason. I get such a sense of accomplishment from his stats :( Lol I appreciate the attitude though.[/QUOTE]

No problem, the game actually gets somewhat boring if you get an early lead and stop playing the hole second half, or at least for me, not saying that you stopped or anything, but its nothing worse than clearly having loss the game or down from a few inconveniences and than having to sit through another full half of clock wasting, if anything that would bore me extremely, so if we meet again feel free to put up 100 points if you are in a position too, my playoff gameplan will be a little more disciplined , lol and Jimmy Clausen will definitely want to light his old team up lol

[quote name='Mr Grand Cru']No problem, the game actually gets somewhat boring if you get an early lead and stop playing the hole second half, or at least for me, not saying that you stopped or anything, but its nothing worse than clearly having loss the game or down from a few inconveniences and than having to sit through another full half of clock wasting, if anything that would bore me extremely, so if we meet again feel free to put up 100 points if you are in a position too, my playoff gameplan will be a little more disciplined , lol and Jimmy Clausen will definitely want to light his old team up lol[/QUOTE]

I agree with this, watching the clock run for the entire second half sucks and is demoralizing. I was in the same position in my game and though I definitely ran a lot more in the 2nd half, I didn't let the clock run until under 2 minutes, and I didn't completely abandon the pass (though I might as well have with Billy Volek under center).

I PMed you about a trade btw.

7-3 Steelers over Dolphins in the 2nd quarter. Based on how many points those teams have been putting up (and allowing) this season, I'm going to work under the assumption that game is being played in less than ideal conditions (tornado?)

[quote name='bvharris']7-3 Steelers over Dolphins in the 2nd quarter. Based on how many points those teams have been putting up (and allowing) this season, I'm going to work under the assumption that game is being played in less than ideal conditions (tornado?)[/QUOTE]

(Hurricane earl)

Question: Are we even able to trade draft picks in online franchise? It doesn't look like it's an option on the website, but maybe it is in the league itself once ubernes turns on trades.

Oh, and is there going to be a trading deadline? Obviously it won't be week 6, but maybe we should set a window.

Well the preseason is pretty much over...unfortunately I think it's gonna end up hurting my players' ratings more than it's gonna help, the Panthers had a pretty pathetic display (0 offensive touchdowns through 4 games).

[quote name='MasterAwesome']Well the preseason is pretty much over...unfortunately I think it's gonna end up hurting my players' ratings more than it's gonna help, the Panthers had a pretty pathetic display (0 offensive touchdowns through 4 games).[/QUOTE]

I don't believe there are any plans to update the rosters (not even sure we're able to). Once we've started we're locked in to those.

just lost a DAMN good game to zurezo Down 21-17 with under a minute to go.......because my kick returner ran out of bounds....and didn't catch the frakking ball...So zure's guy recovers the ball in the endzone for a touchdown. i'm soooo upset....the player wouldn't freaking respond to me switching to him. HE RAN AWAY FROM THE FRAKKING BALLAFSDSADFWSAF##@WF

Not to mention Ronnie Brown out for 2 weeks with a Torn Labrum.... Jets: you know have the chance to pull away from the dolphins due to some freaking glitch...AGGGGGGGHHHH

Gg zurezo.

Final Score 28-17.... meh.

I have no problem taking a loss when it's fair (which is was up until that kick :( )....but to have a chance to win, and have mr. madden say "fuck you!! and completely ruin what was a great game...is frustrating ;(

Last edited by a moderator:
A large number of you have PMs from me regarding trades. That's right, cold calls. :D

Vikings owner, your inbox is full, but I tried to ask you about Harvin.

[quote name='MasterAwesome']Yeah the Bears doesn't ever post on here and I don't think he checks Xbox Live too often either, but I sent him a PM on here and he returned it literally within 5 minutes...so I would definitely try that first.[/QUOTE]

Xbox.com says he was online on Madden 4 hours ago.

[quote name='siradam134']just lost a DAMN good game to zurezo Down 21-17 with under a minute to go.......because my kick returner ran out of bounds....and didn't catch the frakking ball...So zure's go recovers the ball in the endzone for a touchdown. i'm soooo upset....the player wouldn't freaking respond to me switching to him. HE RAN AWAY FROM THE FRAKKING BALLAFSDSADFWSAF##@WF

Not to mention Ronnie Brown out for 2 weeks with a Torn Labrum.... Jets: you know have the chance to pull away from the dolphins due to some freaking glitch...AGGGGGGGHHHH

Gg zurezo.

Final Score 28-17.... meh.[/QUOTE]

GG Man. Yes the game was played in very hard rain and 18+ winds. It was not easy to move the ball. I fumbled 3 times and had a hard time throwing.

Mendenhall has still never been held under 100 yards in a game this season.

[quote name='bvharris']I don't believe there are any plans to update the rosters (not even sure we're able to). Once we've started we're locked in to those.[/QUOTE]

Oh...I just assumed since we were waiting until after the preseason finishes to make trades, that it was because players' ratings would be altered so much after the preseason with an update or something. What was the point of waiting til after the preseason to start making trades then? Just wondering...

[quote name='MasterAwesome'] What was the point of waiting til after the preseason to start making trades then? Just wondering...[/QUOTE]

Whimsy? :D

I'd say probably so there wouldn't be a huge rush of trades right at the beginning of the league.

107 yards isn't too shabby considering he was averaging 204 a game.....gah..i've got to go to sleep, i'm still pissed at that stupid game. once again, good game zure....

[quote name='siradam134']107 yards isn't too shabby considering he was averaging 204 a game.....gah..i've got to go to sleep, i'm still pissed at that stupid game. once again, good game zure....[/QUOTE]

Look on the bright side: You didn't lose a game in the standings to the Pats.

You're welcome. ;)

[quote name='MasterAwesome']Oh...I just assumed since we were waiting until after the preseason finishes to make trades, that it was because players' ratings would be altered so much after the preseason with an update or something. What was the point of waiting til after the preseason to start making trades then? Just wondering...[/QUOTE]

Pretty much what bv said, but we've also had a lot of turnover in the first few weeks. Maybe we waited too long, or maybe we're moving quicker than we imagined, but with people dropping out, switching teams, I feel better that we waited.

edit: and as a little bit of a warning, which really holds little weight just my personal preference, please don't gut your team if you don't plan on sticking around for year 2. I have no problem with people rebuilding, but it would suck if someone else took over the Colts next year and their starting QB was Jim Sorgi. (I know he's not on the team, but I don't even know the backup now).

is it possible to get an extension to tuesday night for the week 7 deadline?

i'm going out of town for the labor day weekend and i'm not sure its going to be possible for me to play until late monday night. this isnt a game that can be simmed, its Cardinals v. Seahawks.. so division game for me :/

[quote name='ubernes']
edit: and as a little bit of a warning, which really holds little weight just my personal preference, please don't gut your team if you don't plan on sticking around for year 2. I have no problem with people rebuilding, but it would suck if someone else took over the Colts next year and their starting QB was Jim Sorgi. (I know he's not on the team, but I don't even know the backup now).[/QUOTE]

We're still going to have a peer review process in place, right? I assume that if someone of that caliber was being traded, the return would have to be pretty substantial.

[quote name='bvharris']We're still going to have a peer review process in place, right? I assume that if someone of that caliber was being traded, the return would have to be pretty substantial.[/QUOTE]

Which is why I'm having a hard time finding a buyer. ;)

Waiver priority

1. Titans (0-6)
2. Browns (1-5, -164)
3. Bucs (1-4, -114)
4. Rams (1-5, -95)
5. Vikings (1-4, -51)
6. Bills (1-4, -48)
7. Eagles (1-5, -37)
8. Chiefs (1-4, +18)
9. Lions (2-4, -63)
10. Bears (2-4, -38)
11. Packers (2-4, -29)
12. Bengals (2-3, -26)
13. Cardinals (2-3, -25)
14. Broncos (2-4, +5)
15. Colts (3-3, -15)
16. Redskins (3-3, -25)
17. Patriots (3-2, -1)
18. Falcons (3-3, -8)
19. Chargers (3-3, +3)
20. Panthers (3-2, +17)
21. Cowboys (3-3, +50)
22. Ravens (3-3, +77)
23. Seahawks (4-1, +11)
24. Dolphins (4-1, +43)
25. Texans (4-2, +49)
26. Jaguars (4-2, +64)
27. Steelers (4-1, +68)
28. Jets (5-1, +65)
29. Niners (5-1, +80)
30. Saints (5-1, +115)
31. Raiders (6-0, +124)
32. Giants (6-0, +130)

I did it by wins instead of win percentage, I thought that made sense but I can easily rearrange it if someone thinks I'm crazy.

[quote name='bvharris']We're still going to have a peer review process in place, right? I assume that if someone of that caliber was being traded, the return would have to be pretty substantial.[/QUOTE]

Yes, of course, every trade needs to be commish approved/league discussed.

How do we go about putting in claims? And I assume once you're granted a waiver on a player you then move to the bottom of the list.

[quote name='bvharris']How do we go about putting in claims? And I assume once you're granted a waiver on a player you then move to the bottom of the list.[/QUOTE]

Probably just in thread. I was thinking PMs, but that will get messy and fill my inbox up in a hurry. We could technically do it draft style starting pretty much now and go one by one so we don't need to sort through 30 different claims for the top player.

edit: we'd have to do it in a timely manner, by say Tuesday. it wouldn't be ideal to be stuck on waiver claim #10 for a week. and I know the Broncos are out of town and the Seahawks are just about to be too. so we'll have to figure out something for them, but they should be back Tuesday.

[quote name='ubernes']Probably just in thread. I was thinking PMs, but that will get messy and fill my inbox up in a hurry. We could technically do it draft style starting pretty much now and go one by one so we don't need to sort through 30 different claims for the top player.[/QUOTE]

That assumes everyone checks the thread, haha. You're right, that's probably the best way to do it, though there's always a certain element of intrigue in not knowing who others have claimed.

One thing I would suggest for sure is that we maintain a hard cap on roster size so that there are still people available on the waiver wire in case of later injuries. The NFL max is 53, right? I know I'm already at it, so in order to pick someone up I'd need to drop someone.

[quote name='sayHey']is it possible to get an extension to tuesday night for the week 7 deadline?

i'm going out of town for the labor day weekend and i'm not sure its going to be possible for me to play until late monday night. this isnt a game that can be simmed, its Cardinals v. Seahawks.. so division game for me :/[/QUOTE]

I PMed you, but in case you don't check them or something, here's a reply here too. I would prefer not to wait. If there's any way you can play it during the day/evening tomorrow that would be ideal.

If that is not possible then we can wait. I understand with the holiday weekend you may not be the only way who will be unavailable, and obviously the game is important. It would pain me to award Darth a vs CPU victory, every loss he takes is a victory for my heart and soul. :twisted:

and RE: FA pickups. Yes, people will have to drop players if they want to pick up them. I assume all teams are at the max right now. I'll send a mass PM out tomorrow, at least to the first half of the waiver list so we can get the ball rolling. I'm not 100% sure yet if this is going to go on forever. Maybe we do this 2 rounds, maybe 1 if it becomes a pain in the ass and the talent pool is completely sapped. It wouldn't hurt to save players for next season's FA pool too. I believe in years past we just did one go through and that was that.

[quote name='bvharris']Question: Are we even able to trade draft picks in online franchise? [/QUOTE]

Nope.

[quote name='bvharris']Did you see my idea about the tie-breaker being reverse alphabetical order? Might be good to help the teams most likely to be fucked over at the end of the season by Madden's idiocy.[/QUOTE]

I believe they actually fixed that this year. One of the few changes they actually made to online franchise.

[quote name='BigAT']
I believe they actually fixed that this year. One of the few changes they actually made to online franchise.[/QUOTE]

Ah, good to know.

Hey big at, I messaged you on x box, I'm free Sunday and Monday. Sunday you pick the time. Monday I work, so it would have to be in the evening. Correction its a holiday, I am going to the Sox/Rays game on that day though.

bread's done
Back