Madden 11 League-OFFICIAL CAG LEAGUE-That's all folks! Mini-tourney still coming tho!

[quote name='Appleinthetree']Hey big at, I messaged you on x box, I'm free Sunday and Monday. Sunday you pick the time. Monday I work, so it would have to be in the evening. Correction its a holiday, I am going to the Sox/Rays game on that day though.[/QUOTE]

Goooo Rays!

Ravens Players on the Trading Block:
DE Trevor Pryce - 82
DT Kelly Gregg - 84
DT Terrece Cody - 72
LB Antwan Barnes - 72
LB Ray Lewis - 94
WR Derrick Mason - 85
Willing to listen to offers for ANY player but the ones mentioned above are most likely to be moved.

Gumbill, lemme know when you're available to play our game...

What would happen in a trade for picks is that the user trading the pick away would pick for the team that they traded it to. Obviously that would mean that the two users would have to be in touch at that time. Once the pick is made Uber will have to manually swap the player to the correct team.

As for free agents...we should allow the top half of the league to make claims first,give em say two day, then make it a free for all but limit the amount of players a user can claim.

[quote name='RamesuThe1']What would happen in a trade for picks is that the user trading the pick away would pick for the team that they traded it to. Obviously that would mean that the two users would have to be in touch at that time. Once the pick is made Uber will have to manually swap the player to the correct team.[/QUOTE]

Makes sense.

And now, for no reason:

rex-snack-300x164.jpg

I would really prefer to not turn it into a free for all. It'll just get messy.

I just PMed the first 5 people on the list. We'll do this in waves. I don't mind sorting through the 5th team's claims, but I don't really want to see team #30 making claims for the 3rd best player. I'll update the OP as the claims come into me, but it would be a good idea if you were close to the top of the list to keep up with the thread and check in on the OP.

Free agent thought: You shouldn't be able to trade free agents you pick up. These moves should be made out of need, not out of greed.

I can get behind that.

I would also say pick players as if it will be your only one. We'll see how this goes, but I doubt we'll keep the free agent pool open for the rest of the season for people to pick at randomly. With this being week 7, maybe in week 14 we'll do the same thing with an updated list for those needing to replace players for the playoffs.

[quote name='BigAT']Free agent thought: You shouldn't be able to trade free agents you pick up. These moves should be made out of need, not out of greed.[/QUOTE]

after years of playing wow need before greed hardly ever works

[quote name='theredworm']after years of playing wow need before greed hardly ever works[/QUOTE]

The situations are hardly comparable.

[quote name='theredworm']just saying 30+ people someones gonna just do what they want and ignore the rules set[/QUOTE]

If you're not allowed to trade the player you select it doesn't really matter. They're just stuck with a player they don't need filling up a roster spot.

[quote name='ubernes']
I would also say pick players as if it will be your only one. We'll see how this goes, but I doubt we'll keep the free agent pool open for the rest of the season for people to pick at randomly. With this being week 7, maybe in week 14 we'll do the same thing with an updated list for those needing to replace players for the playoffs.[/QUOTE]

This seems like the right approach. Assuming everyone picks someone up (which they may not) I doubt they'll be many players left which would represent a substantial improvement.

[quote name='Mr Grand Cru']What if you want to trade a player you get right now during the off season.[/QUOTE]

Sure.

I think what we're trying to do is prevent people from saying picking up the highest rated center when they have a great one already, just for the purpose of flipping them to another team.

[quote name='sayHey']Seahawks v. Cardinals will be underway in just a few minutes. That way we won't have to extend the deadline![/QUOTE]

say! Yay!

[quote name='sayHey']Seahawks v. Cardinals will be underway in just a few minutes. That way we won't have to extend the deadline![/QUOTE]

Oh wow, awesome. Didn't see this when I replied to your PM. Thanks guys for getting that together.

I just want to let everybody know I will be entertaining trades for Frank Gore also, but please don't send me any garbage offers like Frank Gore for Troy Smith lol, this was just an example.

Seahawks-38 Cardinals-21

Solid game overall. Thanks to Leon Washington (Player of The Game) with a 71 yard punt return and a 103 yard kick off return, I was playing behind the whole game. Looking forward to our next game later in the season.

I absolutely think what the Commissioner has proposed it the best way to go about it. It's very close to the real process.

Last edited by a moderator:
Rams would like free agent shawn springs. We also want wr help, but are not willing to trade Bradford or Otagwe. Will consider trading Jackson, but only for a KILLER offer than brings us a RB and WR.

[quote name='gregthomas77']also, has anyone seen my opponent, jbrun85[/QUOTE]

Send him msg on XBL. He is very good about getting back to you

[quote name='gregthomas77']also, has anyone seen my opponent, jbrun85[/QUOTE]

[quote name='jbrun85']Also, is the rams owner around tonight?[/QUOTE]

saw him last night above. :D

please people, PM each other! I see a lot of people that look like their just popping in here, saying hello, and then their message is lost in the shuffle.

[quote name='gbpackers94']Maaan I wanted shawn springs also.[/QUOTE]

You should have had a crappier team, haha. Given the state of the CB position in the NFL, I'm sure pretty much every team was eyeing him. :D

I've got about 2 or 4 players I'm interested in, and it wouldn't shock me at all if by the time we get to me they're all gone and I end up picking up no one.

[quote name='bvharris']You should have had a crappier team, haha. Given the state of the CB position in the NFL, I'm sure pretty much every team was eyeing him. :D
[/QUOTE]

Haha true, but my corner backs seem to have the injury bug. It seems like atleast one of my CBs get injured every game, even if it just knocks them out for the game its frustrating.

ubernes: What's the process for trade review?

I'm assuming it's:

1. Both parties agree to the trade, either in PMs, XBL, etc.
2. Post it in the thread for review.
3. League members have some set amount of time (6 hours? 1 day?) to weight in on it. Arguments against a trade have to be based on something more than it benefiting a division rival, obviously.
4. Commish approves the trade or disallows based on his own opinion and the league sentiment
5. Once trade is approved, it can be officially offered and accepted in league.
6. We'll need to keep track of what picks are traded so that those trades can be followed through on when the draft comes.

Am I about right?

[quote name='RamesuThe1']When will the trades that have already been agreed upon (Orlovsky for Demps) go through?[/QUOTE]

I don't believe anyone had an issue with those. Were picks involved too? Just refresh my memory on the full trade if that isn't it, and then send it through.

It was Dan Orlovsky and a 4th round pick for Quenitn Demps and a 3rd round pick.

Since it is past the deadline it has to be manually done by the commish....

[quote name='RamesuThe1']It was Dan Orlovsky and a 4th round pick for Quenitn Demps and a 3rd round pick.

Since it is past the deadline it has to be manually done by the commish....[/QUOTE]

Done and done. OP now lists that as a finalized trade so we can keep track of the picks involved.

I'll take Antonio Pierce, I just finished my game and I won 45-28, unfortunately though Vince Youngt is out for 3 Weeks with an abdominal tear. Collins filled in and went 10/16 for 137 Yards, 3 TD and 0 INT.

The Bills are officially in the market for a QB, WR (maybe two!), and a TE. Just took another look at my team's ratings and my number 2 receiver is a 64(!), TE only 70. Edwards has thrown tons of picks (and I'm going to blame that on his rating even though it's clearly my fault :p) and the Bills could use some spice.

The unfortunate thing is that I don't have a lot to give, as I have little depth as it is. While I'm getting used to Spiller, I am not completely against trading him or any of my RB, as I know he's popular to pick up for experienced runners due to his speed. Maybe he'd shine outside of my crappy play style :p

I'm new to the whole franchise trading thing but I'm certainly open for talks.

Browns are officially on the free agent clock. He has yet to reclaim his teams after the temp boot, so hopefully he's still in the league. I send him a message on XBL to see what the deal was.

I think Kay Holiday (Redskins) and I have come to agreement on a trade for Stephen Jackson. I will wait for confirmation before listing what for (and I guess give others a change to make a last minute offer)

Official Trade Submission for review:

San Diego gets
WR Santana Moss
Washington's 3rd Round Pick

Washington gets
RB Darren Sproles
San Diego's 2nd Round Pick
San Diego's 6th Round Pick

Both teams have agreed to the trade, so it's up for league/commish review.

[quote name='bvharris']Official Trade Submission for review:

San Diego gets
WR Santana Moss
Washington's 3rd Round Pick

Washington gets
RB Darren Sproles
San Diego's 2nd Round Pick
San Diego's 6th Round Pick

Both teams have agreed to the trade, so it's up for league/commish review.[/QUOTE]

Guess I don't have a deal with the Skins.

[quote name='gregthomas77']Guess I don't have a deal with the Skins.[/QUOTE]

Are the two deals mutually exclusive? We've been discussing a trade for Moss for most of the day, so I assume if he was also negotiating with you it means he might have a mind to do both.

bread's done
Back