Madden 11 League-OFFICIAL CAG LEAGUE-That's all folks! Mini-tourney still coming tho!

its crazy everyone is having connection problems. I havent had any, and my games have really had awesome connections lately.

also, i tried to make that game painful for the guy who was being a jerk last night, but i got disconnected for excessive delay. oops, lol!

Ill just use some of your strategies. I thought I only get the win if they quit after the second half starts?

[quote name='siradam134']3rd quarter..roughly 2 minutes left...dolphins down 24-7....on the drive....a pass out to ricky williams to the right..gets batted by his defender...ricky tries to catch it...Disconnect.....this is getting stupid.[/QUOTE]

i agree... at this point, i just want to get through the whole game. this is the first time i've had connectivity issues... and it sucks big baboon balls

[quote name='Appleinthetree']8:00 p.m est works for me, see you in the game. You have a great offense and def. and put up some good numbers, I am looking forward to the challenge.[/QUOTE]

Do you mean 7 Eastern? I said I'd prefer to play then, but you didn't really make it clear if you could not play then or what. The Cowboys game starts at 8:15 Eastern.

[quote name='Matt Young']Do you mean 7 Eastern? I said I'd prefer to play then, but you didn't really make it clear if you could not play then or what. The Cowboys game starts at 8:15 Eastern.[/QUOTE]

Ya 7:00 est works.

Random thought of the day......

A proposition?

Those who have several connection issues, maybe try a non-league game (since it has been said that for some reason, this actually works...?) and the winner of the non-league game gets to play the CPU that week.

[quote name='HydroX']Random thought of the day......

A proposition?

Those who have several connection issues, maybe try a non-league game (since it has been said that for some reason, this actually works...?) and the winner of the non-league game gets to play the CPU that week.[/QUOTE]

that wont' work....some of us have very tuned defenses and offenses... aherrmm...me and deuce are an example...lol......... the rosters are completely different from the leageu rosters...

Well they are different rosters but if it's between simming it or doing that than I have to imagine doing that is preferred.

How are all the games going? Anyone still having trouble setting up their games?

[quote name='HydroX']Random thought of the day......

A proposition?

Those who have several connection issues, maybe try a non-league game (since it has been said that for some reason, this actually works...?) and the winner of the non-league game gets to play the CPU that week.[/QUOTE]

I actually thought about this myself... i actually think it could work for the sake of getting the game actually played. Yea, some teams have revamped rosters but seeing as how i'd have TJ Houshmazilli and Josh Wilson if i played outside of the league, i'd have no complaints lol

i thought about this concept as well. I dont think everyone would be happy though, especially as we get on in to the second and third seasons. Rosters and team style will be dramatically altered. I'm doing my work on the bucs, and I would like to have quite a different team by the end of next season than I do now. the current (real) roster does not suit my playing style.

another problem would be that if a player actually has a more difficult time against the CPU than the player himself.

I'm not saying anything about anyones playing style, and I havent looked at records but let me make my point.

For Example:
The bucs beat the colts in an unranked match. The colts owner and bucs owner are both fairly crappy players. However, the bucs have to now beat the colts controlled by the CPU and the CPU is better than the owner.

in other words, a crappy player can have a great team and still have a bad record. The computer will still play as if its a great team though.

We expect this person to win twice?

I think if both parties agree to an unranked matchup, thats fine. However, i dont think it should be required. If both people dont want to play unranked, it should be simmed.

[quote name='Matt Young']I'll let you know soon. 4 minutes left in the Packers/Eagles game on TV, and then I'll be playing Dallas.[/QUOTE]

Craziest/weirdest game of madden ever. The connection was fine all game, I think, Matt I would love a re-match sometime. I was so pissed in the first half, I thought you had it in the bag. So many fumbles, int's, just wow.

Very sloppy game in the Giants/Seahawks matchup. It was pouring in Seattle (rain in Seattle? SHOCKING!) and greatly affected the game.

Neither team was able to put anything on the board until late in the second quarter when Eli Manning was able to organize an efficient two minute drill that resulted in a touchdown and the first points of the game. The Giants coughed up the ball twice, once on a fumble on a QB sack and once on an interception, while failing to force any turnovers of their own, but the Giant defense was strong in every other aspect. They were able to limit the Seahawks to just 134 total yards of offense.

Brandon Jacobs presents: "Slippery When Wet."
http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/35712657

Final:
Giants - 17
Seahawks - 0

The sloppy field conditions did hurt the Giants though. The Giants came into the game off their bye week and finally with a fully healthy team, but lost two very important starters in FS Antrel Rolle for 3 weeks and TE Kevin Boss for 4 weeks.

Wow... why does Madden hate me so much? For the second time in three games, I was cost a win by programming flaws.

This was a really good game, but the blatantly bad call caused me not to win. Early in the game, I was fielding a punt and I called for a fair catch. My return man waved his arms in the air and all that good stuff. Yet, just like against Minnesota, I got drilled with the hit stick and fumbled. It only led to a field goal this time instead of a touchdown, but without that field goal, I would have won the game.

I got really pissed at the game after that blown call, and it motivated me. While I couldn't get much going on offense, my defense was insane, accounting for several touchdowns off turnovers. I was up 31-10 at one point. Then my defense decided they'd put in a full day's work and took the rest of the day off.

Dallas staged an incredible comeback, scoring 3 touchdowns on long drives and stopping me when I had the ball. They tied the game at 31 with less than 10 seconds left, and my Hail Mary, while completed, fell short of the end zone.

Defense was again the name of the game in overtime, as I forced a fumble after the Cowboys received the kickoff. Then, going for it on 3rd and long since I was around Dallas's 35 yard line and didn't trust my kicker in 15 MPH crosswinds, the screen froze for a second and a screen pass to what looked like an open man suddenly turned into an interception.

Dallas drove down the field and called a timeout with 3 seconds left to kick a 17 yard field goal. That kick went about as wide left as it could possibly go, ending the game in a tie.

That was a really fun game, but the AI screwing me over and it ending in a tie really put a damper on the experience. I've now been cost 2 wins because of AI mistakes, so instead of being in 1st in my division, I'm now barely out of last. Still, Applecobra played a great game and it was fun aside from those problems.

Green Bay Packers 31, Dallas Cowboys 31

EDIT: Oh, and with Jermichael Finley, Donald Lee, and Charles Woodson all out, I had to see AJ Hawk carted off with a broken forearm. He'll be out 6 weeks, so basically the rest of the regular season.

[quote name='Matt Young']Wow... why does Madden hate me so much? For the second time in three games, I was cost a win by programming flaws.

This was a really good game, but the blatantly bad call caused me not to win. Early in the game, I was fielding a punt and I called for a fair catch. My return man waved his arms in the air and all that good stuff. Yet, just like against Minnesota, I got drilled with the hit stick and fumbled. It only led to a field goal this time instead of a touchdown, but without that field goal, I would have won the game.

I got really pissed at the game after that blown call, and it motivated me. While I couldn't get much going on offense, my defense was insane, accounting for several touchdowns off turnovers. I was up 31-10 at one point. Then my defense decided they'd put in a full day's work and took the rest of the day off.

Dallas staged an incredible comeback, scoring 3 touchdowns on long drives and stopping me when I had the ball. They tied the game at 31 with less than 10 seconds left, and my Hail Mary, while completed, fell short of the end zone.

Defense was again the name of the game in overtime, as I forced a fumble after the Cowboys received the kickoff. Then, going for it on 3rd and long since I was around Dallas's 35 yard line and didn't trust my kicker in 15 MPH crosswinds, the screen froze for a second and a screen pass to what looked like an open man suddenly turned into an interception.

Dallas drove down the field and called a timeout with 3 seconds left to kick a 17 yard field goal. That kick went about as wide left as it could possibly go, ending the game in a tie.

That was a really fun game, but the AI screwing me over and it ending in a tie really put a damper on the experience. I've now been cost 2 wins because of AI mistakes, so instead of being in 1st in my division, I'm now barely out of last. Still, Applecobra played a great game and it was fun aside from those problems.

EDIT: Oh, and with Jermichael Finley, Donald Lee, and Charles Woodson all out, I had to see AJ Hawk carted off with a broken forearm. He'll be out 6 weeks, so basically the rest of the regular season.[/QUOTE]

When I call fair a fair catch I wack the crap out of the Y button to make sure I get the fair catch I called. If you hit it once, sometimes it doesn't work. The game was crazy. I had full power with my kick with 3 seconds left in OT and wacked the crap out of it again when it was coming back but it didn't recognize and the meter went all the way left. What would of happened if I made the field goal with time expiring? Would you have gotten the ball back to be able to try to score a td?

Well, 5 Disconnects later...Deuce and i still haven't completed a Game....we Know each other's plays like we were in the huddle.....but....yeah.

[quote name='Matt Young']Wow... why does Madden hate me so much? For the second time in three games, I was cost a win by programming flaws.

EDIT: Oh, and with Jermichael Finley, Donald Lee, and Charles Woodson all out, I had to see AJ Hawk carted off with a broken forearm. He'll be out 6 weeks, so basically the rest of the regular season.[/QUOTE]

Hey I have Takeo Spikes on the trade block he could fill the void until Hawk returns.

[quote name='Appleinthetree']When I call fair a fair catch I wack the crap out of the Y button to make sure I get the fair catch I called. If you hit it once, sometimes it doesn't work. The game was crazy. I had full power with my kick with 3 seconds left in OT and wacked the crap out of it again when it was coming back but it didn't recognize and the meter went all the way left. What would of happened if I made the field goal with time expiring? Would you have gotten the ball back to be able to try to score a td?[/QUOTE]

I don't know. I think the only way I'd have gotten possession would have been if you had made a field goal on your first drive of overtime.

i wouldnt be as angry with the disconnects if i wasnt helping somebody on my team out stat-wise... one game, Ray Rice is covered in grease and cant be tackled... the next game, Joe Flacco is near perfect throwing the ball... the next game, everyone on my defense is making plays... Madden hates to see me happy

I like this league a lot, but honestly if the connection issues keep up much longer I don't know if I have the patience to keep setting up games only to not be able to finish one.

/sigh

Well Scotts is the only person I've ever had connection issues with in this league so far through the first 8 weeks, so I'm guessing we'll probably run into problems tomorrow again since the servers seem to be so bad...should we maybe consider extending the deadline?

SN: traded Terrell Suggs and Dawan Landry for LaRon Landry and Devin Thomas... who makes the most noise in the 5 attempts at getting the Ravens-Dolhpins game done??? Sergio Kindle. Apparently, T. Suggs was holding Kindle back...

[quote name='ubernes']I've never had any in game connection problems. Seems like a pretty limited issue.[/QUOTE]

better go knock on some wood... i said the same thing a day before the first attempt at playing siradam and 5 attempts later, i can say it's completely uncontrollable

[quote name='Deuce20602']better go knock on some wood... i said the same thing a day before the first attempt at playing siradam and 5 attempts later, i can say it's completely uncontrollable[/QUOTE]

Ditto..i had no disconnection issues until this game....and it's not a "traceable" disconnect......the last one was like 3:00 in the 4th quarter.... i just threw a challenge flag on a fumble returned for a TD....each case was different, and at a different time..it's random.

games left:

Saints vs Panthers (Monday it looks like)
Colts vs Eagles (playing Monday afternoon)
Dolphins vs Ravens (are you guys just going to keep retrying?)
Pats vs Browns (are you guys trying again too? are you getting disconnected at random times or same time?)
Steelers vs Bengals (coin toss disconnect, have you guys tried again?)

Has anyone tried any solutions for this disconnect issue? I could see if you weren't able to connect at all and it could be NAT settings or something like that, but I don't know what would cause random disconnects besides the EA servers.

I don't know if I'm just sounding paranoid or not...but does anyone think it's possible/ever heard of some kind of program/hack used online where people use some kind of auto-playcalling system or something...I don't really know how to explain it. I played this really weird game tonight with someone who was just ridiculously hard to score on for some reason. A lot of weirdly consistent things I noticed with this guy that made me suspect something was going on:

-No matter what the situation was...the defense play-calling timer would always tick down to exactly 2 seconds before he would pick his defensive play. This includes situations like 4th and 15 on my own 15 yard line where I am obviously punting it...the defensive timer would still tick down to 2 seconds for him to pick punt return.

-His kickoffs were always in the EXACT same spot in the right corner of the endzone. He scored a LOT of times, so there were plenty of opportunities for me to return his kickoffs. I understand some people may choose to kick it at an angle, but his kicks were always in the exact same spot which would mean he kicked it at the same power and accuracy which is hard to believe even if there was zero kick lag.

-After suspecting something was up, I paused the game with like a minute left to go in the 4th quarter and wanted to see if he was actually playing himself or not. When I paused it, I left it there for literally 2 or 3 minutes and the 30 second countdown to resume the game never showed up...meaning he never tried to resume it himself. I understand it was near the end of the game so he could have just walked away and let the CPU finish it, but his offense was still passing the ball and driving down the field with under 2 minutes to go, trying to score again even though it was like 38-18 at the time. So if he walked away and had the CPU pick the plays, I'm fairly sure they would choose to either run it or just kneel it.

I tried googling if anything like that exists but I didn't see anything. I used to play some RTS games like Warcraft and Starcraft some years ago and I know there was some hack that people used where they would engage in Matchmaking and have some insane CPU play out the whole game without the person even being there at all. They could rack up like 50 wins in a few hours that way while doing something off on their own. My game with this guy made me think of that...but I don't know if something like that is even possible on the Xbox 360. This guy had a BUNCH of games played too...but his record wasn't all that impressive. He was like 88-72 or something like that. Anyone experience anything like this before?

Yeah, I should be able to. Are you not available until then? I would prefer to play sooner assuming we advance today or tomorrow.

[quote name='BigAT']Yeah, I should be able to. Are you not available until then? I would prefer to play sooner assuming we advance today or tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

Ya, I have a crazy week coming up. I could be avail. on tuesday later on, I just don't know what time and what time we are offically advancing. Wednesday can't. Friday I can't. Sorry for any inconvience.

RE: The 3 last game with disconnect problems.

My only real suggestion is to keep trying. It seems like for whatever reason the 6 different teams matched up are not gelling at all, especially on the Steelers/Bengals, Pats/Browns disconnects. I would try playing games during the day, or early evening so there's the least amount of traffic on the EA servers. I would also try different means of connecting (if you're straight into your modem, try through your wireless router. if you're wireless/connected to wireless router, plug your ethernet cable straight into your modem).

I remember some weird remedies from last year were to 1. Download Madden Ultimate Team. I'm not sure if it's preloaded onto the disc now, if it isn't maybe you guys should make sure it's downloaded to your hard drive. And 2. Make sure your rosters are updated. Do this by playing an online ranked matched or (I believe) there's a spot somewhere in your My Madden settings. These two things seem completely unrelated, and they are, but I remember having connection issues w/ certain players and doing these things and it would smooth them out.

With that all said, we still need to move on soon. I know no one wants to have their games simmed, but we have 26 other teams ready or almost ready for Week 10. Please make sure you're communicating with your opponent still and trying to give it another shot. I realize advancing tonight is probably unrealistic, especially with the Monday Night games but my goal is to still move us along to Week 10 tomorrow.

Bye weeks suck! As for the disconnects, what about using the unranked match as an option? It's worth a shot and seems better than just simming.

[quote name='Doomtime']Bye weeks suck! As for the disconnects, what about using the unranked match as an option? It's worth a shot and seems better than just simming.[/QUOTE]

If that works, I think it would be the fairest option. Play an unranked match and, assuming you're able to get through it, the winner of that then gets to play the CPU in-league.

[quote name='PacerPerspect']Quick HELP: Anyone ever unable to connect to an opponent because it says that your depth chart is out of date?[/QUOTE]

Oh jeez. I haven't heard this one yet. Have you checked your depth charts since your trades went through? I don't see why it wouldn't auto reorder it for you, but you might have some starter slots unfilled.

thats what I thought was wrong with my team as my dc issues usually happen when my offense comes on the field

I reordered my whole depth chart and still no luck

week 1 patch seems to have goofed some stuff up

[quote name='PacerPerspect']Quick HELP: Anyone ever unable to connect to an opponent because it says that your depth chart is out of date?[/QUOTE]

Me and...someone had this issue. Make sure both players go into their depth charts and save them. I think it has to do with the commissioner adding or removing a player (from free agency in the case of our game) to the roster of a team. That fixed it quite quickly for us.

The Colts and I got disconnected twice. We will try again tomorrow, if the same problem exists I suggest we both get boot and our game is sim'd.

[quote name='ubernes']Oh jeez. I haven't heard this one yet. Have you checked your depth charts since your trades went through? I don't see why it wouldn't auto reorder it for you, but you might have some starter slots unfilled.[/QUOTE]

All I had to do was go into the depth chart make a swap and then swap it back and I was fine. Madden is a bitch sometimes.

Yeah that was strange. We got into the matchup screen just fine, but as soon as we tried to load the game we froze about 3-4 times, having to reboot our Xbox 360 entirely each time. After finally getting connected, we got booted out of our games just inside a minute left in the 2nd quarter both times. Sigh.

We both had some wicked plays, too. Sigh.

Edit: Also, somehow Dallas Clark made it on the kick return defense team? How do I get him off of there? With fatigue, he shows up yellow when I start on offense half the time.

bread's done
Back