Madden 11 League-OFFICIAL CAG LEAGUE-That's all folks! Mini-tourney still coming tho!

[quote name='bvharris']If you could choose one word to describe his performance I think it would have to be "cowardly"[/QUOTE]

Meh, it's also on the coaches. He has the confidence in the game. If they took the leash off the kid then he'd have no problem airing it out, but I'm sure he'd throw more picks/make more mistakes and that's why they baby proof the game calling. But when all you get is 6 points through 3 quarters, it's time to take the damn training wheels off.

It didn't help that the run game was nonexistent. As much as I hate Sanchez right now, you can't put it all on him at all. The team is built around establishing the run and THEN using that to throw the ball. If that doesn't happen, then he's working at a disadvantage already. He even got it to Keller to keep the drive alive and Keller didn't have the mindset to go for the 1st, so as much as Sanchez sucked, it definitely wasn't all on him.

edit: and I don't think any Jets fan was psyched about Sanchez. He's clearly the weakest link on the team by far. The D is what the team and the fanbase rallies around and they more than did their part. You should be able to give up 10 points and win the game. Besides the running game not moving the ball at all, I don't think this performance should shock any Jet fan out there.

[quote name='ubernes']Meh, it's also on the coaches. He has the confidence in the game. If they took the leash off the kid then he'd have no problem airing it out, but I'm sure he'd throw more picks/make more mistakes and that's why they baby proof the game calling. But when all you get is 6 points through 3 quarters, it's time to take the damn training wheels off.
[/QUOTE]

I don't see how it's the coaches fault when he looks to check it down on almost every single passing play. They pointed this out several times on the broadcast but he seems to not even wait for the play to develop before trying to check it down, even when he's not under pressure. One play you literally saw his head turn right away to the checkdown before even looking downfield. That seems like the opposite of confidence in his game, doesn't it?

I don't get it...are you in the ear of the OC? How do you know that's not his first read? And the play I assume you're talking about, the pass out to Greene which he ended up dropping, he had the whole side of the field open. If he caught it he would have been 10 yards at the very least. It's at least half on the play calling, not just Sanchez 'checking down every play' but what backs they used in what situations, the use of Brad Smith, etc, it was just poor execution.

[quote name='ubernes']I don't get it...are you in the ear of the OC? How do you know that's not his first read? And the play I assume you're talking about, the pass out to Greene which he ended up dropping, he had the whole side of the field open. If he caught it he would have been 10 yards at the very least. It's at least half on the play calling, not just Sanchez 'checking down every play' but what backs they used in what situations, the use of Brad Smith, etc, it was just poor execution.[/QUOTE]

I'm not saying the play calling was good. Obviously it wasn't, it was atrocious. But I didn't see a single redeeming quality from Sanchez all game. The best thing you could say about him is that he didn't throw a pick or fumble. It's pretty hard to have a sub-60 QB rating without throwing a pick. His yards per attempt (3.5) was lower than the rushing average of every single Jet who carried the ball... Except Mark Sanchez.

That's a fantastically inept performance, regardless of coaching.

Not sure how Greene could be dreadful in the 5 rushes he had. Ray Rice with 21 carries? He was dreadful.

Sorry, the Jets sucked. But a lot of your reasoning here doesn't add up, bv.

[quote name='ubernes']Not sure how Greene could be dreadful in the 5 rushes he had. Ray Rice with 21 carries? He was dreadful.

Sorry, the Jets sucked. But a lot of your reasoning here doesn't add up, bv.[/QUOTE]

It adds up perfectly.

Greene put the ball on the ground twice, he was just lucky he was on the sideline for the first one since there were only Chargers around him (though none of them seemed to touch him).

Seemed to me like Rex went pretty exclusively with LT after that, who wasn't terrible and at least hung onto the ball.

Edit: Let's put it this way - The Jets had 6 first downs. They narrowly avoided setting a franchise record for fewest first downs in a game (they tied it instead). You'd be hard pressed to find any offensive player (or coach) you wouldn't describe as "dreadful" after a game like that.

The td they took from calvin johnson was easily the worst call i've ever witnessed. fuck the rules, thats a game-winning td that they earned.

also, i only saw the last 4 minutes of the Ravens-Jets and all i can say is neither team looked in sync offensively and i attribute that to a few different things...

#1. The Jets D was solid... they missed Jenkins and Kyle Wilson seems to be on a bit of a learning curve... and except for that one drive, they did their jobs.

#2. The Ravens D was solid... they missed Reed and their secondary did ok because the front 7 got pressure... they didn't give up a third down conversion the whole game and when put in bad field position, they held the Jets O to 9 points... 3 FIELD GOALS.

#3. This was a great defensive game. I had no stake in it but i wanted the Ravens to win for obvious reasons lol. The final drive the Jets were on, Dustin Keller gave the game away by running out of bounds a yard short of the 1st down

#4. I'm writing this as I watch the Chargers-Chiefs and all i can say is Mike Tolbert is far faster than i imagined and Philip Rivers will be the Peyton Manning like QB when Peyton retires. Just for convo, Tom Brady's successor is Aaron Rodgers...

get abolished is at Arrowhead right now. he must be going nuts.

and Rivers gave me exactly what I need for a 1.4 fantasy win this week. so at least the end of the week wasn't all sour.

[quote name='ubernes']
and Rivers gave me exactly what I need for a 1.4 fantasy win this week. so at least the end of the week wasn't all sour.[/QUOTE]

Charles put it away for me too, though all he had to do is not be outscored by 10 by Bowe, so it wasn't that close.

My goal for this Madden season is now to outperform the real Chargers. :D

[quote name='PacerPerspect']The Eagles/Colts are going to try again around lunch time.[/QUOTE]

So right now I'm assuming Pats/Browns and Bengals/Steelers are getting simmed tonight then? I'll give you guys time to come in here and tell me otherwise, but right now my plan is to sim + advance us at around 6pm EST.

If you guys have a game schedule for later than that, we can wait of course. But we will be moving on tonight at some point.

if I have the same dc problems in my next opponent that'll be strike 3 (3 weeks in a row) and I'll be dropping from franchise

it's not worth mine and my opponents time to try and start games over and over for 30-45 min when something is wrong somewhere

I might be a little late to the Colts-Eagles game. Got called in to work but I should be home a little after our scheduled time.

[quote name='HydroX']I might be a little late to the Colts-Eagles game. Got called in to work but I should be home a little after our scheduled time.[/QUOTE]

OK. I'm on currently, but I can't wait too long.

[quote name='ubernes']So right now I'm assuming Pats/Browns and Bengals/Steelers are getting simmed tonight then? I'll give you guys time to come in here and tell me otherwise, but right now my plan is to sim + advance us at around 6pm EST.

If you guys have a game schedule for later than that, we can wait of course. But we will be moving on tonight at some point.[/QUOTE]

We tried to play 4-5 times and couldn't connect. I will try again this afternoon if we can.

[quote name='PacerPerspect']OK. I'm on currently, but I can't wait too long.[/QUOTE]

I just sent you a message on XBL. I literally walked through the door, GF is on Netflix but her show ends in 4 minutes so I'm letting her finish it. I'll be on directly after.

[quote name='Deuce20602']Joe Haden, Kyle Wilson, or Patrick Robinson for my 1st rd pick?[/QUOTE]

You did see Kyle Wilson play last night, right? :D

[quote name='itlnstln']WEEK 10 - Bills and Lions are temp scheduled to play tonight at 7pmEST. Are we going to advance at 6pmEST???[/QUOTE]

Yeah, maybe sooner.

[quote name='Deuce20602']Joe Haden, Kyle Wilson, or Patrick Robinson for my 1st rd pick?[/QUOTE]

How many games you plan on losing this season? :D Haha, I think Wilson is off limits though. Sorry!

Also Revis got beat plenty of times his rookie season too. It's early, my friends.

Eagles killed the Colts, and I'm really thinking about leaving the league. Not by anything that Pacer did, but I'm just sick of the typical fucking Madden bullshit.

No offense to Pacer, but I should have won this game yesterday. You played a good game, and I played probably the worst game of Madden in my life. Sorry if my fucking off at the end of the game was bothersome, but if you were in my shoes you would be really fucking frustrated right now. lol

I did finally get my second win and my defense was spot-on. Two of Indy's three TDs were on kick returns.

We played two games that disconnected in the second quarter yesterday, one that was tied and one that the Colts led but I believe I had the ball and was getting it after the half.

I think it's a bit much to say that you had yesterday's game won, although my record doesn't dispute your claim.

[quote name='PacerPerspect']I did finally get my second win and my defense was spot-on. Two of Indy's three TDs were on kick returns.

We played two games that disconnected in the second quarter yesterday, one that was tied and one that the Colts led but I believe I had the ball and was getting it after the half.

I think it's a bit much to say that you had yesterday's game won, although my record doesn't dispute your claim.[/QUOTE]

I mean you no disrespect whatsoever, but yeah, I definitely had it won yesterday. That's neither here nor there though. Today you played a hell of a game and I played an absolute shitty one. Good game, and congrats on your win.

I don't get how you're 2-6, you should be a lot better.

And apparently, I should be a lot worse. lol

Edit: Both times we disconnected yesterday, I had the ball inside the redzone with under a minute or so going into the half. The first time you were getting the ball after the half, the second time I was (or vice versa). I know I had the ball because when it started lagging/freezing I started to mash the Back button to call a timeout. By the time it called it, we had already been disconnected and sent each other a "wtf!" message on XBL. lol

[quote name='PacerPerspect']Sorry if you feel that way, man. I don't think an Xbox Live issue should ruin the league for you though. It is what it is.[/QUOTE]

Oh it's not so much an XBL issue, and I'm not trying to use excuses to defend the shitty game I played. I'm hoping this supposed "savior" patch comes in soon and fixes a lot of the bullshit things that I just flat out can't defend against with the current state of the AI. It's so frustrating when I have 2 guys designated to defend Maclin (I think it was Maclin) and the nickel corner audibled to cover anything in the flat (where Maclin ran to often, it seemed lol) yet for some reason only one DB is within 8 yards of him for the entire play. Everyone else stands there dazed or goes somewhere completely unrelated to the play.

Also one of the plays where you broke out a pass to the left side (to Maclin? lol), I switched to the DB in pursuit and as I switched to him, my DB stopped moving for a moment, allowing you to pull at least 10-15 yards away before my control really picked up. Easy TD.

Again, I'm not meaning any ill-will towards Pacer or anyone in this league. I'm just venting a ton of shit off my chest, so don't mind me, really.

I think I'm going to advance us now, I don't think anyone will mind and I'm not sure I'll be near my Xbox at 6-7 pm EST so I don't want to delay the game that's set up for 7 est.

[quote name='ubernes']I think I'm going to advance us now, I don't think anyone will mind and I'm not sure I'll be near my Xbox at 6-7 pm EST so I don't want to delay the game that's set up for 7 est.[/QUOTE]

No connection, so Steelers vs. Bengals will go to a SIM (it is what it is)

Sorry we couldn't connect, Zurezo, but congrats on the sim win. Hopefully these connection problems really are isolated and aren't a more widespread problem with the new patch.

[quote name='ubernes']Yeah, maybe sooner.

How many games you plan on losing this season? :D Haha, I think Wilson is off limits though. Sorry!

Also Revis got beat plenty of times his rookie season too. It's early, my friends.[/QUOTE]

I can honestly say I could be lookin at 5 losses... I figured wilson wasn't for sale but I had to try... robinson or haden are the only options left

I'm not happy that others are having so many problems, because I wish none of us did... but it is good int he way that it lends credence to all the stuff I said before and shows that I wasn't just bitching and whining. It just happened to me sooner than ti did others in the league.

I really hope they fix this shit, though. Many of us have suffered disconnects; some of us have suffered losses due to the game and not the people playing it.... It's such a good game, but online and AI problems can kill the enjoyment of some pretty awesome games. See: ModNation Racers, UFC 2010, and MLB 10: The Show.

Week 10 GAMES OF THE WEEK

5-3 Baltimore Ravens @ 5-3 Atlanta Falcons
6-2 Houston Texans @ 5-3 Jacksonville Jaguars
3-5 Minnesota Vikings @ 3-5 Chicago Bears

Bills/Lions initially had a lot of trouble getting started (we couldn't join each other's invited games), but when I set my 360's IP to be the DMZ on my router, it seemed to work. Note that I was an Open NAT before I did that, so I'm not sure if it was necessary, but we did indeed connect after I did that.

The score doesn't reflect this game at all. It was within 7-10 points the entire game, pretty much, but I was able to break it open with a couple of big plays late in the game. Fitzpatrick put up what was probably the best Bills passing day of the year, going 17 for 26 with 350 yds, 3 TD and 1 INT. (It's just not a Bills game without an INT, folks.) Evans looked like the saving grace of the offense as always, with 4 catches for 152 yds and 2 TD.

GG Lions, thought you were gonna pull this one off when those nasty screen passes kept going by my D. For the record, the awful little juke my player did on that 80 yd screen TD was 100% the CPU. I should have taken control of him, obviously, because he looked like he saw a mosquito or something...

THREE IN A ROW, FOLKS! I'm enjoying this while I can...:)

[quote name='Deuce20602']falcons, u around?[/QUOTE]

Tonight is no good for me. I should be around the rest of the week, evening/night (6-10) I'd prefer to play tomorrow at 7 or 8 if that works for you.

Jaguars 41, Texans 35

One of the best games I was involved in.
MJD kept me in it all game with his receiving.
Back and forth all game, the Texans had two kickoffs returned for touchdowns.
Texans had lead and the ball with about a minute left and the Jags forced a punt.
Jags then drove down the field and scored on a TD pass to Kassin Osgood i believe.
Great game man

Hope this earns me some respect in the power rankings

Early week action tonight between the Giants and Cowboys.

The Cowboys won the coin toss started out with the ball. Dallas put together a rather lengthy drive together, with efficient ball movement and a very creative and effective use of the playbook including a look involving Mike Vick under center. The Cowboys were rewarded for their efforts with a touchdown and an early 7-0 lead.

New York's defensive coordinator quickly sat down with his ineffective unit and hammered out several adjustments to avoid getting embarrassed again. The adjustments quickly paid off, as the Giant defenses next two times on the field resulted in a three and out and an interception. NYG's offense took advantage, scoring three touchdowns in the final 2:14 of the first half.

The Giants remained stout through the second half as well. They didn't allow another point and scored a touchdown of their own on a 54 yard fumble recovery by Clint Sintim.

Final:
Giants - 38
Cowboys - 7

GG Cobra.

[quote name='neworlbush25']Jaguars 41, Texans 35

One of the best games I was involved in.
MJD kept me in it all game with his receiving.
Back and forth all game, the Texans had two kickoffs returned for touchdowns.
Texans had lead and the ball with about a minute left and the Jags forced a punt.
Jags then drove down the field and scored on a TD pass to Kassin Osgood i believe.
Great game man

Hope this earns me some respect in the power rankings[/QUOTE]

GG man....I had absolutely no intention on snapping the ball when I did, on that 3rd down right before you got the ball back...I was tryna hot route my tight end (whose receiving icon was A) and I snapped by mistake....cost me pretty significantly....til next time

bread's done
Back