Madden 11 League-OFFICIAL CAG LEAGUE-That's all folks! Mini-tourney still coming tho!

[quote name='gregthomas77']tomorrow evening. between 5-8 work? est[/QUOTE]

I guess that will work look for me around 7pm, if anything changes with my schedule and I can't make it I will keep you posted.

[quote name='Mr Grand Cru']I guess that will work look for me around 7pm, if anything changes with my schedule and I can't make it I will keep you posted.[/QUOTE]

Seven sound great, I will also let you know if anything changes.

[quote name='neworlbush25']Jaguars 41, Texans 35

One of the best games I was involved in.
MJD kept me in it all game with his receiving.
Back and forth all game, the Texans had two kickoffs returned for touchdowns.
Texans had lead and the ball with about a minute left and the Jags forced a punt.
Jags then drove down the field and scored on a TD pass to Kassin Osgood i believe.
Great game man

Hope this earns me some respect in the power rankings[/QUOTE]

Wow, can't say I saw that coming. Sounds like a good game.

Another reason why I wish we had spectator mode.

Dolphins over Titans 31-28. Epic Game of Two Offenses... Please Note the 2 4th Down Attempts were in the 4th quarter with under 2 minutes remaining..... I even asked venom if i could go for the 4th:D I was Down 28-23 at the time.

Steelers move to 8-1. And play the 9-0 Raiders next week

Looking to next week the Steelers will be without...

Troy Polamalu - 2 Weeks
Bryant McFadden - 1 Week (Been out since game 1)
William Gay - 11 Weeks

I said this in PM, but I'll post it here too. You'll have McFadden next week. 1 week counts for Week 10, so when we move onto Week 11 he'll be off and Troy will be one game away from coming back. Gay is just screwed haha.

[quote name='neworlbush25']Cant wait for my matchup with BigAT week 12[/QUOTE]

I'll have to circle the date on my virtual calendar. I should be getting Antrel Rolle back just in time.

[quote name='Zurezo']Steelers move to 8-1. And play the 9-0 Raiders next week

Troy Polamalu - 2 Weeks
William Gay - 11 Weeks[/QUOTE]
Looking forward to it.

[quote name='Zurezo']Steelers move to 8-1. And play the 9-0 Raiders next week

Troy Polamalu - 2 Weeks
William Gay - 11 Weeks[/QUOTE]

Of course Polamalu would be due back just in time to kill my poor Bills...

Right now the Steelers are looking like my road block, if I can sneak by the Bengals, which is going to be a very tough game. Looking forward to it. I'm obviously hoping for the big upset :)

[quote name='Lexxon']Bills/Lions initially had a lot of trouble getting started (we couldn't join each other's invited games), but when I set my 360's IP to be the DMZ on my router, it seemed to work. Note that I was an Open NAT before I did that, so I'm not sure if it was necessary, but we did indeed connect after I did that.

The score doesn't reflect this game at all. It was within 7-10 points the entire game, pretty much, but I was able to break it open with a couple of big plays late in the game. Fitzpatrick put up what was probably the best Bills passing day of the year, going 17 for 26 with 350 yds, 3 TD and 1 INT. (It's just not a Bills game without an INT, folks.) Evans looked like the saving grace of the offense as always, with 4 catches for 152 yds and 2 TD.

GG Lions, thought you were gonna pull this one off when those nasty screen passes kept going by my D. For the record, the awful little juke my player did on that 80 yd screen TD was 100% the CPU. I should have taken control of him, obviously, because he looked like he saw a mosquito or something...

THREE IN A ROW, FOLKS! I'm enjoying this while I can...:)[/QUOTE]

Yeah, GG Lexxon - I have officially lost my mind with this game - I am on a 6 game losing streak!!! Thankfully all teams in the NFC North are within 1-2 games of each other. The upcoming division games are going to be super important.

[quote name='itlnstln']Yeah, GG Lexxon - I have officially lost my mind with this game - I am on a 6 game losing streak!!! Thankfully all teams in the NFC North are within 1-2 games of each other. The upcoming division games are going to be super important.[/QUOTE]

The NFC North has single-handedly put me back in the hunt for a less terrible season than originally thought. I'm 3-0 vs. the NFC North, and 1-5 vs. everyone else. I

[quote name='siradam134']Dolphins over Titans 31-28. Epic Game of Two Offenses... Please Note the 2 4th Down Attempts were in the 4th quarter with under 2 minutes remaining..... I even asked venom if i could go for the 4th:D I was Down 28-23 at the time.[/QUOTE]

About 4th down plays, anyone else think they're fair game in the 4th quarter(when you're down that is)? You can easily waste 1.5-2 min in a single 3 and out series, and that's a whole lot of time when the quarter lasts only five minutes. So using all 4 downs when you're down will help a lot.

[quote name='eddie291']About 4th down plays, anyone else think they're fair game in the 4th quarter(when you're down that is)? You can easily waste 1.5-2 min in a single 3 and out series, and that's a whole lot of time when the quarter lasts only five minutes. So using all 4 downs when you're down will help a lot.[/QUOTE]

Yes, no brainer in that situation to go for it on 4th. Just because we talk about not going for it on 4th too much doesn't mean people should be shy about going for it in obvious situations.

Jets def. the Browns, 38-6.

This was a closely contested game until the last 50 seconds of the half. If it wasn't for a missed FG, it would've been 10-6 and the Browns had the ball for one last final drive going into halftime. The Jets defense had other plans though as Rex Ryan sent Dwight Lowery on a blitz and as Delhomme got hit, Revis happened to be at the right place at the right time to grab it and run it back for a TD. Highlight: http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/36130143 It's a solid pick, but also a good example of how silly breaking tackles can be as Revis breaks through not one, but two big offensive linemen to score.

After that Delhomme threw another pick to Revis with about 20 seconds to go in the half and the Jets made them pay again by putting up another 7 on a pass to Braylon Edwards. The second pick was probably even more ridiculous now that I think of it. Revis had good coverage, but swatted at the ball at first and as it came down from the swat he was able to grab it. The second half was less exciting, besides a couple long runs. Both teams actually ran the ball really well, mainly because both QBs were pretty bad. Despite getting stuffed a bunch in the first part of the game, Harrison still ended up with a 4.2 YPC and 59 yards. Greene ended up with 199 yards on 17 carries and a TD. GG.

I'm looking forward to the Texans next week. :D It'll be Calvin Pace's first game back from his 7-8 week injury!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='ubernes']jets def. The browns, 38-6.

this was a closely contested game until the last 50 seconds of the half. If it wasn't for a missed fg, it would've been 10-6 and the browns had the ball for one last final drive going into halftime. The jets defense had other plans though as rex ryan sent dwight lowery on a blitz and as delhomme got hit, revis happened to be at the right place at the right time to grab it and run it back for a td. Highlight: http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/36130143 it's a solid pick, but also a good example of how silly breaking tackles can be as revis breaks through not one, but two big offensive linemen to score.

After that delhomme threw another pick to revis with about 20 seconds to go in the half and the jets made them pay again by putting up another 7 on a pass to braylon edwards. The second pick was probably even more ridiculous now that i think of it. Revis had good coverage, but swatted at the ball at first and as it came down from the swat he was able to grab it. The second half was less exciting, besides a couple long runs. Both teams actually ran the ball really well, mainly because both qbs were pretty bad. Despite getting stuffed a bunch in the first part of the game, harrison still ended up with a 4.2 ypc and 59 yards. Greene ended up with 199 yards on 17 carries and a td. Gg.

I'm looking forward to the texans next week. :d[/quote]

c'mon - do not throw to revis's side!!!

[quote name='BigAT']Early week action tonight between the Giants and Cowboys.

The Cowboys won the coin toss started out with the ball. Dallas put together a rather lengthy drive together, with efficient ball movement and a very creative and effective use of the playbook including a look involving Mike Vick under center. The Cowboys were rewarded for their efforts with a touchdown and an early 7-0 lead.

New York's defensive coordinator quickly sat down with his ineffective unit and hammered out several adjustments to avoid getting embarrassed again. The adjustments quickly paid off, as the Giant defenses next two times on the field resulted in a three and out and an interception. NYG's offense took advantage, scoring three touchdowns in the final 2:14 of the first half.

The Giants remained stout through the second half as well. They didn't allow another point and scored a touchdown of their own on a 54 yard fumble recovery by Clint Sintim.

Final:
Giants - 38
Cowboys - 7

GG Cobra.[/QUOTE]

GG Bigat. I had you 3 and out so many times on your drive after my td. B. Jacobs is a beast and thanks for injuring everyone on my team haha!!!

[quote name='Appleinthetree']GG Bigat. I had you 3 and out so many times on your drive after my td. B. Jacobs is a beast and thanks for injuring everyone on my team haha!!![/QUOTE]

God, I felt so bad for you after a while. It seemed like every other play one of your guys went down, and each time they got taken off on the cart.

Good thing I'm on my bye week now since I'm having some internet issues at home.

Looking ahead and considering my vacation.. I'll be gone from next Thursday through the Thursday following that..

If the Week 10 deadline is Friday, are we looking at maybe a Tuesday or Wednesday deadline for Week 11? If we were, I could probably get my Week 12 game in with the Colts before I left provided he could play one of those nights, and then maybe get back in time for my Week 13 tilt with the Raiders.

I'm still thinking I'm probably going to miss one game at least, but if I can limit it to only one that would be great. It seems to be lining up well for me.

I would say Tuesday is a good bet for Week 11 deadline. So you could squeeze your Week 12 game in easily. Week 13 will be Fri-Tues though, so you will probably miss that game. We pretty much advance every Mon/Tues and Fri/Sat now. Sometimes Friday goes into Saturday, and sometimes Tuesday wraps up on Monday but it's been more or less the same all season.

[quote name='ubernes']I would say Tuesday is a good bet for Week 11 deadline. So you could squeeze your Week 12 game in easily. Week 13 will be Fri-Tues though, so you will probably miss that game. We pretty much advance every Mon/Tues and Fri/Sat now. Sometimes Friday goes into Saturday, and sometimes Tuesday wraps up on Monday but it's been more or less the same all season.[/QUOTE]

Makes sense. I'll merely avoid the humiliation of a second loss to Doom in that case. :D

And let's see what we have left this week...

Ravens vs Falcons (tonight at 7)
Rams vs Niners (tonight at 7)
Panthers vs Bucs (tonight at 7)
Seahawks vs Cardinals (aiming for tonight, I believe)
Vikings vs Bears (?)
Bengals vs Colts (?)
Chiefs vs Broncos (?)
Eagles vs Redskins (?)

[quote name='bvharris']Good thing I'm on my bye week now since I'm having some internet issues at home.

Looking ahead and considering my vacation.. I'll be gone from next Thursday through the Thursday following that..

If the Week 10 deadline is Friday, are we looking at maybe a Tuesday or Wednesday deadline for Week 11? If we were, I could probably get my Week 12 game in with the Colts before I left provided he could play one of those nights, and then maybe get back in time for my Week 13 tilt with the Raiders.

I'm still thinking I'm probably going to miss one game at least, but if I can limit it to only one that would be great. It seems to be lining up well for me.[/QUOTE]

I'm normally good to go on Tuesday and Wednesdays. Thursdays (and throughout the weekend) are usually rough though as I usually have an odd work schedule. Let me know as time gets closer so we can try and iron something out. I really don't want to miss the Chargers' beating of the Colts, 62-6. ;)

[quote name='HydroX']I'm normally good to go on Tuesday and Wednesdays. Thursdays (and throughout the weekend) are usually rough though as I usually have an odd work schedule. Let me know as time gets closer so we can try and iron something out. I really don't want to miss the Chargers' beating of the Colts, 62-6. ;)[/QUOTE]

I'll be driving up to Patriots Country all day Thursday, so Wednesday night will be the last night I can play it anyway.

As for the score.. It probably depends on which Chargers team you're getting, as I'd say I have to describe our performance so far as.. inconsistent. Though the only game I lost by more than 1 score was to the Raiders, so at least I keep it close.

[quote name='bvharris']Makes sense. I'll merely avoid the humiliation of a second loss to Doom in that case. :D[/QUOTE]
:lol:First game was a good one. Sucks I'll have to play the computer....(heheheheheh:bouncy:)

[quote name='Doomtime']:lol:First game was a good one. Sucks I'll have to play the computer....(heheheheheh:bouncy:)[/QUOTE]

Now that it looks like I'll miss that game I wouldn't mind getting in a few scrims with you to see how far I've come since our first matchup.

Trade rumors:
Word from San Francisco is that QB Alex Smith may be traded to Houston before his first start of the season tonight. Details initially involved Robert You, but the league rules do not permit You to be traded until the offseason. More information as it arrives...

[quote name='bvharris']Now that it looks like I'll miss that game I wouldn't mind getting in a few scrims with you to see how far I've come since our first matchup.[/QUOTE]
Yeah I'd be up for that. I need the practice since Reach is going to be killing my madden time.

[quote name='ubernes']Trade rumors:
Word from San Francisco is that QB Alex Smith may be traded to Houston before his first start of the season tonight. Details initially involved Robert You, but the league rules do not permit You to be traded until the offseason. More information as it arrives...[/QUOTE]

What is the intent of this rule....I don't have any problem with the decision at all to deny the trade and I am not lobbying to have the decision overturned, however I would like to hear the reasoning behind this rule...

[quote name='RamesuThe1']What is the intent of this rule....I don't have any problem with the decision at all to deny the trade and I am not lobbying to have the decision overturned, however I would like to hear the reasoning behind this rule...[/QUOTE]

So people don't pick up free agents just to turn around and trade them to someone else.

WHAT THE fuck JUST HAPPENED/ I thought in OT, if the first team kicked a field goal, the other team gets the ball and a chance to respond?

Ravens 21, Falcons 24
Just played the best game of madden 11 yet (for me) down 14 in the fourth i came back to tie it, and eventually get the game winning fg in ot. It was a defensive game throughout. Good game deuce I think we are very evenly matched.

I guarantee I will not lose this week.

But seriously, best bye week ever. With NHL 11 red hot and Halo: Reach just releasing, I have my hands full in the Xbox department.

[quote name='Deuce20602']WHAT THE fuck JUST HAPPENED/ I thought in OT, if the first team kicked a field goal, the other team gets the ball and a chance to respond?[/QUOTE]

Only in the playoffs.

Also, I played Halo with theredworm last night. As I said to him, I now will have some competition for the "Deepest Voice in the Madden League" award.

[quote name='gbpackers94']Ravens 21, Falcons 24
Just played the best game of madden 11 yet (for me) down 14 in the fourth i came back to tie it, and eventually get the game winning fg in ot. It was a defensive game throughout. Good game deuce I think we are very evenly matched.[/QUOTE]

GG... i felt a couple of Roddy White's catches were BS but we dropped a couple picks and Joe Flacco threw one away so we had ample opportunities to close the game out or kill a drive and we didnt come thru. We REALLY miss Ray Lewis... I'm probably gonna miss the playoffs unless i win out and i dont think thats gonna happen. First time in my madden league history...

Seahawks win their second game against Arizona 24-14 and move to 3-1 in division play.

A very rough passing day for the Seahawks, as the Cardinals force the first (and second) interceptions thrown by Hasselbeck in 4 games. One of which was turned into a touchdown by a very heads-up lineman to give the Cards a lead 14-7.

The Seahawks had to rely on their run and screen-pass game for the remainder of the game, and Leon Washington came up big with a 90-yard touchdown catch of a screen pass. A well-fought game on both sides, but the Seahawks refused to lose to their division rivals, and perhaps a wildcard spot is in their future.

bread's done
Back