Madden 11 League-OFFICIAL CAG LEAGUE-That's all folks! Mini-tourney still coming tho!

49ers over Rams , 27 to 17 good game gregthomas , I could not throw the ball to save my life , even though I haven't been able to throw the ball all season. Tedd Ginn had a huge 87 yard punt return to save the game for us. Great Game again Rams, I'm surprised your 1 - 7.

Lost by one point 27 to 26...I drove down to the opp 25 yard line with 5 seconds left and kept pushing "back" to use up my last timeout and the game wouldn't acknowledge it for some reason.........so stupid. Gg though Bucs...my secondary couldn't do anything in the 4th quarter, I don't know how you drove down the field so easily.

[quote name='Mr Grand Cru']49ers over Rams , 27 to 17 good game gregthomas , I could not throw the ball to save my life , even though I haven't been able to throw the ball all season. Tedd Ginn had a huge 87 yard punt return to save the game for us. Great Game again Rams, I'm surprised your 1 - 7.[/QUOTE]

I'm not surprised. That was a great game, but our run defense SUCKS, and our offense relies too heavily on S. Jackson.

F@ck Ted Ginn. I knew I should have gone for it on 4th and 6 instead of punting.

I actually thought you were gonna go for it on that 4rth and 6, I was on the headset with Duece telling him I don't know if I'm going to be able to hold him if he goes for it because patrick willis was tired and taylor mays was pulled , when you kicked I almost hit fair catch.

yea man, great game. i feel bad about your time out situation. Did we miss an injury time out or something that the game took from you?

for some reason, I've found my team has done pretty well in the 4th quarter, im able to score a few late touchdowns pretty frequently. I feel like if madden had a heart rating, my team would be extremely high, lol.

Now if only they could score touchdowns in the rest of the game, I might have a pretty good record!

And a flurry of games played, here's an update:

Vikings vs Bears (being played now)
Bengals vs Colts (?)
Chiefs vs Broncos (?)
Eagles vs Redskins (?)

[quote name='Deuce20602']GG... i felt a couple of Roddy White's catches were BS but we dropped a couple picks and Joe Flacco threw one away so we had ample opportunities to close the game out or kill a drive and we didnt come thru. We REALLY miss Ray Lewis... I'm probably gonna miss the playoffs unless i win out and i dont think thats gonna happen. First time in my madden league history...[/QUOTE]

Yeah a couple of those Roddy White catches were pretty luck, as for that Michael Jenkins catch on third and long :cool: I figured that was the madden gods repaying me for a dropped Roddy White TD (one where he beat his man by a mile then just straight up didn't catch it) I dropped a lot of picks also, but I hadn't gotten a pick in about 5 games (nor thrown one) so at least I got one. That defense was probably the toughest I've gone against this year, I don't think I've ever been stopped that many times on 3rd down before, for the first 3 quarters I could barely move the ball. Again great game/sportsmanship.

Also I lost John Abraham for 4 weeks damnit. Arguably my weakest position.

[quote name='Mr Grand Cru']I actually thought you were gonna go for it on that 4rth and 6, I was on the headset with Duece telling him I don't know if I'm going to be able to hold him if he goes for it because patrick willis was tired and taylor mays was pulled , when you kicked I almost hit fair catch.[/QUOTE]

well you should have damn it.

[quote name='jbrun85']yea man, great game. i feel bad about your time out situation. Did we miss an injury time out or something that the game took from you?

for some reason, I've found my team has done pretty well in the 4th quarter, im able to score a few late touchdowns pretty frequently. I feel like if madden had a heart rating, my team would be extremely high, lol.

Now if only they could score touchdowns in the rest of the game, I might have a pretty good record![/QUOTE]

I definitely had a timeout left, I was staring right at it as the clock ticked down and I was jamming the back button. I used one timeout in the 3rd quarter just to rest my players and then there was an injury timeout late in the 4th when my SS broke his collarbone (woohoo by the way). Oh well...you played good so I'm not gonna really dwell on it.

And Jimmy Clausen is really freaking sucking lately...he overthrew an open player on a medium distance pass by a huge amount that got picked off this game and did the exact same thing late in the 4th quarter of my last game when I was driving up the field to try and win the game.

yea, I noticed clausen isnt doign so well. There was a throw in the 1st quarter near the beginning, it wasnt even close to your guy. It hit my safety, pisticelli, right in the numbers. I was shocked by the terrible accuracy of the throw, and also my safety's inability to catch it.

A lot of great games this week. I'll do a playoff picture update sometime this week. A few close division races and the wild cards are still up for grabs.

Hey MasterAwesome if Jimmy Clausen doesn't seem like he is going to keep the starting job I am still interested in him especially since nobody else is offering any QB s lol

Vikings 27
Bears 24

This was a crazy game. AP had 3 fumbles. There was a bubble screen to Berrian that he dropped and Julius Peppers took back for a TD. I'm not sure if it was a lateral or not, but it pissed me off. Anyways, after nearly losing a fumble in the final seconds that the Bears booted out of bounds, I kicked the FG for the win.

At one point, I was up 24-14 in the 4th. I had the Bears down to 4th and 3, when LeFevour (Cutler got hurt) gets heat put on him. He lofts up a short pass that is caught. One of my DBs (who I'm controlling) has him short of the first down WHEN MY CONTROLLER DIES. I wish I'd saved the highlight. You can see him start to go for the tackle, and then he just stops and stands there. Bears scored the next play to make it 24-21. If I had gone on to lose, I would've rage-quit the league.

Good game, eddie. I look forward to our rematch.

Well, I'm not sure what happened in the other division games, but Minnesota is the sole leader of the NFC North after beating me today. The Bears came back from a 21-0 deficit, but it was too little, too late. Ryan Longwell kicked a game-winning 45 yd FG with 3 sec left in the game, giving the Vikings their third win in four games. The game ended 27-24.

[quote name='HydroX']So people don't pick up free agents just to turn around and trade them to someone else.[/QUOTE]

And this is wrong because?

Cardinals- 14 Seahawks- 21

After Seattle scored 7 points their first drive Arizona's defense clamped down on Hasselbeck coming up with 2 interceptions and 2 sacks with under 100 yards allowed in the first 3 quarters. However, Leon Washington, once again proved to be the MVP. With the Cardinals special teams on the look out after Washingtons 2 kick return TD's their last outing, he came away with 2 monster receptions racking in 198 yards with two TD's late in the 4th Q. GG, I will definitely be ready for those screens next season. :)

[quote name='RamesuThe1']And this is wrong because?[/QUOTE]

This was already discussed in length when we first opened up the free agents. The point of picking up players was to fill a need on your team. We didn't want a team with a high waiver priority picking the best available player just so they could flip them in a trade right after.

[quote name='pitfallharry219']Vikings 27
Bears 24

This was a crazy game. AP had 3 fumbles. There was a bubble screen to Berrian that he dropped and Julius Peppers took back for a TD. I'm not sure if it was a lateral or not, but it pissed me off. Anyways, after nearly losing a fumble in the final seconds that the Bears booted out of bounds, I kicked the FG for the win.

At one point, I was up 24-14 in the 4th. I had the Bears down to 4th and 3, when LeFevour (Cutler got hurt) gets heat put on him. He lofts up a short pass that is caught. One of my DBs (who I'm controlling) has him short of the first down WHEN MY CONTROLLER DIES. I wish I'd saved the highlight. You can see him start to go for the tackle, and then he just stops and stands there. Bears scored the next play to make it 24-21. If I had gone on to lose, I would've rage-quit the league.

Good game, eddie. I look forward to our rematch.[/QUOTE]
Ha, is that what happened? It looked like he went for the big hit tackle, and the game forced him to complete that animation for what seemed like an eternity. Not that I was complaining of course :lol:

Is AP always that big of a liability? Granted, he only ended up losing one fumble. But the second fumble that happened toward the end of the third quarter....I should've recovered, had my defender jumped over a couple of downed defenders. But nope, the dudes on the floor might as well been a huge brick wall.

That last fumble got me all excited. The commentator says "And Hillenmeyer recovers!"(him being the Bears OLB), but nope. It went out of bounds. Great game nonetheless.

[quote name='eddie291']Is AP always that big of a liability? Granted, he only ended up losing one fumble. But the second fumble that happened toward the end of the third quarter....I should've recovered, had my defender jumped over a couple of downed defenders. But nope, the dudes on the floor might as well been a huge brick wall.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it's really high risk/high reward whenever he has the ball. Chances are that I'd break bigger runs more often if I didn't have to hold RB for protection nearly every second the ball is in his hands.

Chiefs vs Broncos (scheduled for 9:30est tomorrow)
Colts vs Bengals (tonight)

So all we have left is Eagles vs Redskins. We will advance Thursday night it looks like, 10:30pm EST area. :)

[quote name='ubernes']This was already discussed in length when we first opened up the free agents. The point of picking up players was to fill a need on your team. We didn't want a team with a high waiver priority picking the best available player just so they could flip them in a trade right after.[/QUOTE]

I don't recall that discussion, but I like your logic ;)....makes sense.

Playoff Picture (through 10 weeks)

Jumped the gun a bit, but I'm ready for week 11. :D

*Wildcard Teams

AFC

1. Oakland Raiders (9-0)
2. New York Jets (8-1)
3. Pittsburgh Steelers (8-1)
Jacksonville Jaguars (6-3)
5. *
Houston Texans (6-3)
6. *San Diego Chargers (5-4)

In the Hunt
7. Baltimore Ravens (5-4)
8. Miami Dolphins (5-4)
9. Buffalo Bills (4-5)

NFC
1. New York Giants (9-0)
2. New Orleans Saints (7-2)
3. San Francisco 49ers (7-2)
4. Minnesota Vikings (4-5)
5. *Atlanta Falcons (6-3)
6. *Seattle Seahawks (6-3)

In the Hunt
7. Carolina Panthers (5-4)
8. Dallas Cowboys (4-4-1)

9. Washington Redskins (4-4) Game result pending
10. Tampa Bay Buccaneers (4-5)

Week 11 Games of the Week

Baltimore Ravens (5-4) @ Carolina Panthers (5-4)
Houston Texans (6-3) @ New York Jets (8-1)
Oakland Raiders (9-0) @ Pittsburgh Steelers (8-1)
Seattle Seahawks (5-4) @ New Orleans Saints (7-2)
Tampa Bay Buccaneers (4-5) @ San Francisco 49ers (7-2)

Last edited by a moderator:
Kayholiday just called me and said he is hooping to be available between 7pm and 10pm est tommorow , comcast has to come fix his internet tommorow.

Carson Palmer is out for 12 weeks. I'm dropping out of the league unless I get a decent trade offer for a QB who can pass the ball to a wide open receiver fifteen yards away (read: not J.T. O'Sullivan). Willing to trade Antonio Bryant and possibly one of my star CBs. fucking Madden.

Edit: I should clarify my threat. There's absolutely no way I can play one more game without Cedric Benson and Carson Palmer, especially after EA's shitty servers didn't even give me a chance to play against the Steelers last week. I'm 3-6 at this point, and after two more weeks without Benson and Palmer, I will undoubtedly be 3-8. I would consider sticking around if I can work out a trade with someone, but at this point, I'm leaning toward selling/trading this thing in. It's getting to the point where it's not worth the frustration. Also, this has nothing to do with ubernes (you have done a great job running the league in Azu's absence, and this league is even running much more smoothly than last year's) or HydroX (you were a good opponent). This game is just infuriating sometimes.

If we advance Thursday night, I'm available to play. I actually have off work for a change.

Ninja edit: Oh man, I'm playing the red worm! Freaking awesome. Expect to see highlights of awesome hook n' ladder kick returns after Colts/Pats is done.

[quote name='IvanHood']Carson Palmer is out for 12 weeks. I'm dropping out of the league unless I get a decent trade offer for a QB who can pass the ball to a wide open receiver fifteen yards away (read: not J.T. O'Sullivan). Willing to trade Antonio Bryant and possibly one of my star CBs. fucking Madden.

Edit: I should clarify my threat. There's absolutely no way I can play one more game without Cedric Benson and Carson Palmer, especially after EA's shitty servers didn't even give me a chance to play against the Steelers last week. I'm 3-6 at this point, and after two more weeks without Benson and Palmer, I will undoubtedly be 3-8. I would consider sticking around if I can work out a trade with someone, but at this point, I'm leaning toward selling/trading this thing in. It's getting to the point where it's not worth the frustration. Also, this has nothing to do with ubernes (you have done a great job running the league in Azu's absence, and this league is even running much more smoothly than last year's) or HydroX (you were a good opponent). This game is just infuriating sometimes.[/QUOTE]

Pickup Colt Brennan and run the ball like hell. Worked out for me last year.

[quote name='BigAT']Pickup Colt Brennan and run the ball like hell. Worked out for me last year.[/QUOTE]

Darth and I have worked out a deal for Matt Leinart (hey, J.T. O'Sullivan is a 60 OVR, just about anybody other than Jordan Palmer would be an improvement).

Cincinnati sends LOLB Rey Maualuga (85 OVR) to Arizona for QB Matt Leinart (75 OVR) and a 2nd round pick. Matt is reportedly excited for a fresh start in a new city far, far away from Phoenix.

[quote name='BigAT']Pickup Colt Brennan and run the ball like hell. Worked out for me last year.[/QUOTE]

I believe Benson is hurt. Whereas you had Brandon Jacobs, the human tank. That's why it worked. ;)

[quote name='Doomtime']A lot of great games this week. I'll do a playoff picture update sometime this week. A few close division races and the wild cards are still up for grabs.[/QUOTE]

you really did jump the gun, Doom.. I'm 6-3, not 5-4

[quote name='ubernes']I have no issue with the proposed trade btw.[/QUOTE]

Ditto. Send it through! Don't let Ivan quit, ever. Definitely an A+ player.

[quote name='sayHey']you really did jump the gun, Doom.. I'm 6-3, not 5-4[/QUOTE]
Whoops, sorry about that man. Copy and pasted the wrong record.

[quote name='HydroX']If we advance Thursday night, I'm available to play. I actually have off work for a change.

Ninja edit: Oh man, I'm playing the red worm! Freaking awesome. Expect to see highlights of awesome hook n' ladder kick returns after Colts/Pats is done.[/QUOTE]

I'm moving fri/sat so all my games are packed (left Reach in the tray) so I won't be able to play till sunday at the earliest.

if I can be on earlier I'll let you know but it'll be a slim chance

I should be able to play the Skins around 9:00PM tonight, assuming his internet gets fixed.

Giants, I should be able to get my ass kicked tonight at some point as well.

[quote name='theredworm']I'm moving fri/sat so all my games are packed (left Reach in the tray) so I won't be able to play till sunday at the earliest.

if I can be on earlier I'll let you know but it'll be a slim chance[/QUOTE]

I may not be able to play Sunday, with football season here my gf's family usually gets together for the games. Best of luck on your move, hopefully we can squeeze our game in somewhere as I've been waiting to play against you.

[quote name='Doomtime']Playoff Picture (through 10 weeks)

Jumped the gun a bit, but I'm ready for week 11. :D

*Wildcard Teams

AFC

1. Oakland Raiders (9-0)
2. New York Jets (8-1)
3. Pittsburgh Steelers (8-1)
Jacksonville Jaguars (6-3)
5. *
Houston Texans (6-3)
6. *San Diego Chargers (5-4)

In the Hunt
7. Baltimore Ravens (5-4)
8. Miami Dolphins (5-4)
9. Buffalo Bills (4-5)

NFC
1. New York Giants (9-0)
2. New Orleans Saints (7-2)
3. San Francisco 49ers (7-2)
4. Minnesota Vikings (4-5)
5. *Atlanta Falcons (6-3)
6. *Seattle Seahawks (6-3)

In the Hunt
7. Carolina Panthers (5-4)
8. Dallas Cowboys (4-4-1)

9. Washington Redskins (4-4) Game result pending
10. Tampa Bay Buccaneers (4-5)
[/QUOTE]

Very surprised I'm still holding a wild card spot, but I guess the middle of the pack is struggling quite a bit just like me.

[quote name='ubernes']I have no issue with the proposed trade btw.[/QUOTE]

Ditto.

As for my Week 11 game - Broncos I'm available any night over the weekend except Saturday night. Saturday or Sunday during the day would work as well (though I'd prefer not to play Sunday for obvious reasons)

[quote name='PacerPerspect']I should be able to play the Skins around 9:00PM tonight, assuming his internet gets fixed. [/QUOTE]

So this game at 9 and then the Chiefs/Broncos at 9:30, so we will definitely be on schedule for advancing tonight around 10:30pm EST.

I will put through the recently proposed trade sometime before we advance. Feel free to weigh in on it if you haven't yet.

No Problem with the trade. If you have any interest, Chad Pennington is on the block as well. 78 OVR. 90 Throw Accuracy, 96 Throw Acc Short, 83 Throw Acc Medium, 70 Throw on the Run, 88 Play Action​

[quote name='ubernes']If Sanchez ever gets injured, expect a call from the Jets. I would not mind revisiting the Pennington Era again haha.[/QUOTE]

2345 Passing Yards, 23 TD's, only 8 interceptions....I think i'll live with henne... ;-p

Ubernes kick me out the league until this evening I am at work and my gamertag is being accessed , ill message you in detail later.

bread's done
Back