Madden 11 League-OFFICIAL CAG LEAGUE-That's all folks! Mini-tourney still coming tho!

:( bummer, guys.

is it the same spot? early in the game? or mostly random? I would make sure you both have the newest roster update and I assume you have the newest patch since I think that's necessary for you to even get online with Madden. other than that, no idea besides what's been suggested already (plugging directly into modem, etc). I do plan to advance us tomorrow though, so if it's hopeless then please figure a way you guys wants to do it (simming it or someone playing vs the CPU)

[quote name='Matt Young']I was just about to PM you, which I will still do after this post. I can't play tonight till after the MNF game. It's the Packers, plus I have people coming over for it. This isn't an every week thing, by the way... I just got invited out yesterday for the games, and then had already planned stuff for the Packers game tonight. I'd be fine in most cases just DVRing the games if someone wants to get a league game in.

So, if you can play tonight after the game, great. However, I'd imagine that's too late for you due to the 3 hour time difference. I can play earlier tomorrow, though I will be playing with the CAG NHL 11 team for the monthly playoffs. What do you say to a game tomorrow at 6 or 7 P.M. Eastern if you cannot play tonight after MNF?

Also, ubernes, itlnstln, and theredworm: I mentioned this before, but as a reminder, I will be on a hockey trip to Vegas from Friday through Sunday. I am not sure what time I will be back on Sunday night since traffic can be completely unpredictable leaving Las Vegas on a Sunday afternoon, and I won't be the one driving.

I know itlnstln, my next opponent, is on Eastern time, and I think theredworm is in the Central time zone. Just know that I'll have to play my game against Detroit on Wednesday or Thursday evening, and I can't play New England till either Sunday or Monday night. I'll send messages to both opponents.[/QUOTE]

I can do around 8pm est tomorrow, because I get off work at 6pm est and have to make 2 stops, does that work for you ?

POWER RANKINGS WEEK 12/13

1 (1). New York Giants (12-0) - It looks like no team will stand in the way of the New York football Giants’ undefeated season. After recently breezing through all teams in the AFC East, the Giants look to close out the season as not only the #1 seed in the NFC, but the #1 defense in the league. The G-Men are currently holding opponents to 11 points per game and if my math is correct they also lead the league with 23 sacks. Boom!

2 (2). Oakland Raiders (11-0) - Oakland has finally displayed a slight crack in their armor. That crack being their porous secondary. After playing two thrillers with the Dolphins and Steelers, the Raiders finally fell to the Chargers (lost the scrim, game being simmed though). The offense is still playing strong (Jason Campbell has still only thrown one pick all season) and they shouldn’t have a problem holding onto the #1 seed in the AFC, but the Raiders are looking human.

3 (5). Houston Texans (9-3) - Right when we thought we were going to see this team tailspin after a divisional loss to the Jaguars, the Texans bounced back the following week to give to the Jets their 2nd loss of the season. Now with a healthy lead in the AFC South, the Texans are looking to make a move for a bye in the AFC playoffs. The remainder of their schedule is no cake walk, but with their balanced attack (Schaub’s 29:4 TD:INT ratio and Slaton a top 10 back) they will be tough to beat from here on out.

4 (3). New York Jets (10-2) - Another power rankings, another drop in their spot on the list. The team, however, is finding new ways to win. After being carried by Mark Sanchez’s arm in the early part of the season, in the last 4 games Greene has carried it on an average of 170 yards. The team faces two tough challenges versus the Dolphins and the Steelers in the coming weeks, which will ultimately decide if the Jets can hold onto their playoff bye or if we’ll see them fall not only here but in the AFC standings.

5 (7). San Francisco 49ers (9-2) – Talk about righting the ship. The team hasn’t lost since their Week 9 bye. They’ve finally separated themselves from the NFC West and could be on their way to a playoff bye too. They face all 3 divisional rivals (including those pesky Seahawks) plus the surging Chargers to end the season, so a bye will be no easy task but it looks like their defense and running game is living up to the hype.

6 (4). Pittsburgh Steelers (9-3)
- Buckle up Pittsburgh, you’re in for a bumpy ride. Losses to the Raiders and Ravens put the Steelers at a disadvantage for that 2nd AFC bye, but despite the rough patch the team is still in control of their playoff destiny. They will meet the Jets in Week 15, a win there and they will be a great position to rest up during the wild card round of the playoffs. The dangerous Panthers loom the following week though, so Pittsburgh may have the toughest end to their schedule yet.

7 (6) New Orleans Saints (8-3) - The Saints come to play against tough opponents (see: their wins over divisional rival Panthers and the Seahawks), but came up just short against the inconsistent Cowboys last week. So instead of pulling away in the division, the Saints will have to continue to fight off both the Falcons and Panthers for the NFC South. Their Week 16 matchup against Atlanta has game of the week written all over it.

8 (10). San Diego Chargers (7-4) - Currently on the fast track to the playoffs and coming off a (scrim) win versus the top dog in the AFC in Oakland, the Chargers have went from top 10 pick in the 2011 draft to a top 10 team in the NFL. The Dolphins, Ravens, and Jaguars are three teams that could stand in San Diego’s way of a playoff spot, but without a chance to play any of them they need to focus on their own schedule and just win games, preferably all of them.

9 (8). Carolina Panthers (7-4)
- Those close losses are the ones that hurt the most. A 3-point loss to the Saints, followed by a 1 point loss to the Bucs, but they’ve won their last two and look focused as they wind down their season. DeAngelo Williams is easily the #1 back in the league and a potential MVP candidate, rushing for 2121 yards and 31 TDs (both league-leading). They have a chance to assert their dominance in the NFC South still with two games still left versus the Falcons.

10 (15). Atlanta Falcons (8-4) - Since we saw them last, they turned their 3-game winning streak into a 6-game winning streak, eventually falling to the Packers. They won 7 out of their last 8 games and might be the hottest team in the NFL that’s not undefeated. This isn’t just great news for the Falcons, however, it was necessary. Their next 4 games are hell! Panthers (2x), Seahawks and Saints. They can take these 4 games head-on and not only claim a wild card spot, but they could take the NFC South outright. And if they do, this could be one of the most dangerous teams entering the playoffs.

11 (16). Washington Redskins (7-5)
- After saying that this team needed to get consistent, they did just that by winning 3 games in a row. The streak-stopping Giants put an end to that this week, but the Skins are still looking good mainly thanks to new addition Donovan McNabb (top 10 QB, 2935 yards on the season). The problem is 3 out of their 4 final games are versus teams over .500 and one of those teams happen to be the Giants. Good luck.

12 (12). Baltimore Ravens (7-5) - While they still haven’t been able to string together more than 2 wins in a row, the Ravens have beaten the Dolphins and the Steelers since we last saw them. After almost writing this team off in the middle of the season, we may still see this team sneak into the playoffs and if that happens, who knows what kind of damage this team could do. The Texans and the Saints are next up for Baltimore, they need to win at least one of those games if they want to stay alive.

13 (13). Miami Dolphins (7-5) - Chad Henne is slinging it! Leading the league in both yards and passing TDs, the young QB is leading the Dolphins nicely. Now can he do it at the hostile New Meadowlands Stadium next week? The game isn’t as do-or-die as one would think though. Miami has a very favorable end to their schedule (opponents record: 10-23), so even with a loss to their rivals the team could still see Henne throw his way to an AFC wild card spot. They will be scoreboard watching the Ravens and Chargers closely from here on out.

14 (9). Seattle Seahawks (6-5) - Don’t call me Nostradamus, but as predicted the Seahawks are in danger of sitting at .500 as they face the Panthers to end the week. This is the time to do some damage to a fellow potential wild card. A W here and an upcoming game versus the Falcons, will go a long way in securing this team one of the last spots in the playoffs. Leon Washington almost has a combined 1500 yards catching and receiving, if he can continue to be the stud RB he’s turned into then Seattle can very well pull this off.

15 (11). Jacksonville Jaguars (6-5) - After upsetting the Texans, the Jaguars coaching staff had to take a leave of absence and because of that the team lost their next 2 games. While it seems the AFC South crown is now out of reach, the team could be sitting at even records with the Ravens and Dolphins for the last wild card spot and at most a game back from the 1st wild card. All they need to do is beat the Titans this week. It does not get any easier after that (Raiders, Texans, Colts, Redskins), so every win counts.

16 (22). Indianapolis Colts (6-6) - The Colts are still making their moves to get above .500 and as predicted it looks like it will happen sooner rather than later. While they face the Raiders in the final 4 games, the other 3 are certainly winnable. 8-8 or 9-7 might not be a record Peyton Manning has looked up at in quite sometime, but that kind of record could still have this team in play for a wild card spot, especially if one of those Ws are versus the Jaguars in Week 15.

17 (14). Dallas Cowboys (6-5-1)
- Midway through the season the playoffs looked like a real possibility and this team was poised to be the other great team in the NFC East, but things have changed. The Redskins leapfrogged them and the coaching staff is on leave for at least 2 games, one of which they already lost. There's promise here with this team, but barring a 4-game winning streak to end the year, I don't see the team sneaking ahead of those in front of them for the wild card.

This is where I left off. I'm going to be off for the night (it's my birthday, yay) but I wanted to post what I had before I did. The rest of the teams will likely be finished up tomorrow sometime. Remember the number in parenthesis is where the team was last power ranking.

The Seahawks and Panthers tried twice today to get our game in but both resulted in a disconnect. One was with like 3 minutes to go in the 1st quarter after a 7-0 lead by the Seahawks and the other was just right after the opening kickoff, before the Seahawks could even pick an offensive play. The Seahawks has class until 11 p.m. EST tomorrow so we're gonna try again to play our game at Midnight EST tomorrow if that's alright...I know tomorrow is supposed to be the deadline and there is no guarantee that we'll have any success tomorrow night.

all five of our losses were by seven points or less, with two coming in overtime. The Ravens are still back to back defending AFC champs so we feel a lil slighted by the #12 ranking but we understand that our record limits our ceiling in the rankings... all we're focused on is getting into the playoffs. We reached the super bowl from a wild card spot a couple seasons ago so don't think for a second that the Ravens are done... AFC playoff participants, consider yourselves warned (if we make the playoffs lol).

ubernes:

1) Happy Birthday!

2) What time do you plan to advance tomorrow? I'd like to get one more attempt in after work (4:00-5:00-ish) hoping that the servers might finally get on our side, but if you want to advance earlier and the vikes are around, you have permission to boot me from the league to have the vikes play the CPU.

And it's completely random. Seems to happen on/after kickoffs more often, but the really rough one was right before a third down within the final 2 minutes of a game. [This game is the major reason I'm forfeiting to CPU--I had little faith in my O to score that drive] I've had no issues all year outside of some initial connection issues with...Detroit, was it? But once we connected we were fine.

I guess if the Seahawks/Panthers are trying tomorrow at midnight then we will wait for them. Not ideal, but it's a big game so I'd like to to be able to try again. I really hope they can get it in so we aren't waiting for nothing, but there seems to be plenty of games left to be played too.

[quote name='Mr Grand Cru']I can do around 8pm est tomorrow, because I get off work at 6pm est and have to make 2 stops, does that work for you ?[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure. Usually, we play hockey at 8 Eastern, and like I said, it's the EASHL playoffs. I've already committed to playing, so the only way I could play Madden at that time would be if we start hockey late. There's no way you can play earlier? The 3 hour time difference makes this difficult.

I heard back from Detroit and New England. Packers vs. Lions will take place on Wednesday or Thursday night, and Packers vs. Patriots will occur on Sunday or Monday night depending on what time I get back on Sunday.

Last edited by a moderator:
Getting ready to go to bed and try to sleep. I was hoping Cru would post early like yesterday, but no dice.

Hopefully, we can get the game started by 7-7:30 Eastern...

I am going to do my best to be home by 7 or 7:30, it will be tough but not impossible it just all depends on rush hour traffic in Baltimore MD.

Games left (advancing after midnight EST tonight!):

Bears vs Lions (7pm EST)
Seahawks vs Panthers (midnight EST)
Bills vs Vikings (4-5pm EST)
49ers vs Packers (7-7:30pm EST)
Titans vs CPU Jags (playing tonight I assume)
Broncos vs CPU Chiefs (haven't heard)

[quote name='Deuce20602']all five of our losses were by seven points or less, with two coming in overtime. The Ravens are still back to back defending AFC champs so we feel a lil slighted by the #12 ranking but we understand that our record limits our ceiling in the rankings... all we're focused on is getting into the playoffs. We reached the super bowl from a wild card spot a couple seasons ago so don't think for a second that the Ravens are done... AFC playoff participants, consider yourselves warned (if we make the playoffs lol).[/QUOTE]

I may make some final adjustments once I finish them all, but I wouldn't expect a huge bump up. :cool:

Ube... I wasn't lookin to get moved or anything... just felt a PSA was in order for those that forgot just how dangerous the Ravens can be... with this new patch, I feel much more in control on defense so a lot of those ridiculous plays that cost me games won't be occurring anymore(lookin at u red worm lol)

I keep checking in periodically on vacation to see if my game's been simmed yet, but I guess you're waiting until the end of the week, haha. I'm on pins and needles. Based on the number of teams nipping at my heels in the Wild Card race, I really need my CPU team to come through!

Looking ahead to week 14.. What's going on with the Chiefs? I see they're unowned now, but is that a permanent situation?

[quote name='bvharris']I keep checking in periodically on vacation to see if my game's been simmed yet, but I guess you're waiting until the end of the week, haha. I'm on pins and needles. Based on the number of teams nipping at my heels in the Wild Card race, I really need my CPU team to come through!

Looking ahead to week 14.. What's going on with the Chiefs? I see they're unowned now, but is that a permanent situation?[/QUOTE]

Can't sim individual games. So you'll have to wait until we advance.

RE: Chiefs. I would expect to play the CPU. Haven't heard from him in at least a week. We'll have to replace him and probably the Jags in Season 2.

[quote name='ubernes']Can't sim individual games. So you'll have to wait until we advance.

RE: Chiefs. I would expect to play the CPU. Haven't heard from him in at least a week. We'll have to replace him and probably the Jags in Season 2.[/QUOTE]

Ah, that makes sense. Good to know, I'll check back in tomorrow morning assuming we advance tonight.

And too bad about the Chiefs, though given the relative quality of the teams - in Madden anyway - and their record (with a variety of different owners) I'd say that was a pretty likely win for me anyway.

Hrm:

"Online Franchise is disabled and/or undergoing some maintenance. We apologize for any inconvenience. Please check back later."

Maybe finally fixing these disconnect bugs?

Also, I just read somewhere that some franchises had luck clearing the Xbox 360 system cache (My Xbox / System Settings / Memory / Press Y on Hard Drive / Clear System Cache). I just did that myself and we'll see if it helps.

[quote name='Mr Grand Cru']I am going to do my best to be home by 7 or 7:30, it will be tough but not impossible it just all depends on rush hour traffic in Baltimore MD.[/QUOTE]

All right man; I'll check for you in an hour. Are you the guy who sent me a friend request on Facebook? I didn't recognize the name, but saw Adam/Miami as a mutual friend. I don't know who else it could be.

Hopefully, the franchise servers are working. EA's servers have been shit lately. They went down earlier than advertised during our hockey games last night/this morning, and we weren't even able to do playoff matches. This, soon after a 5 hour downtime less than a week ago.

[quote name='Matt Young']All right man; I'll check for you in an hour. Are you the guy who sent me a friend request on Facebook? I didn't recognize the name, but saw Adam/Miami as a mutual friend. I don't know who else it could be.

Hopefully, the franchise servers are working. EA's servers have been shit lately. They went down earlier than advertised during our hockey games last night/this morning, and we weren't even able to do playoff matches. This, soon after a 5 hour downtime less than a week ago.[/QUOTE]

Hey yea that was me on facebook, and I am home now, It says that the servers are down.

[quote name='Doomtime']So should I hold off on my week 14 game vs the Jags? Or is it okay to play it tonight?[/QUOTE]

He's not coming back this season unless otherwise noted. So, go ahead and play it when it's available.

[quote name='Mr Grand Cru']anybody know how long the servers will be down ???[/QUOTE]
To add to what he said, there's a popup once you log in that says online franchise mode is temporarily down. My game with itlnstln(detroit) was at 7pm, but that looks like it won't happen for now.

[quote name='eddie291']To add to what he said, there's a popup once you log in that says online franchise mode is temporarily down. My game with itlnstln(detroit) was at 7pm, but that looks like it won't happen for now.[/QUOTE]

How long are you going to be on tonight?

Thanks again to Cru for making it home and trying to get our game in. That sucks that servers would go down now of all times. I was planning on playing Cru tonight and itlnstln tomorrow if possible. I guess this delays advancement for a day, though, in all likelihood.

Hopefully, I can play both guys tomorrow. Cru already said he's good to go. With itlnstln, I guess it depends on when he can play his game with Eddie as well as what time we advance. I still have Thursday night to play before I leave, though I will most likely be working during the afternoon-early evening on that day. I just got a call about that today. But still, I shouldn't be home too late, and I've already gotten in touch with itlnstln.

alright, me and inlnstln aren't going to stand around and wait. so we agreed to try again at 10pm est tonight. hopefully, the servers will be back up by then.

I like how EA's solution to their horrible kick lag was to make the kick meter insanely slow. I guess it's better, but I wish they would just fix the lag instead.

[quote name='bvharris']So.. How is everyone's fantasy team doing so far?[/QUOTE]

1-2 for one of them and 2-1 for the one with wombat and shipwreck. Peyton hillis filled in the shoes of Ryan Matthews in my 1-2 league and is the reason I'm not 0-3. How about you?

I'm 3-0, and feeling better about my team every week. I was not at all happy with the draft: I'm in a ten team league that starts two QBs so I've always made sure to grab good ones, but this year there was a run earlier than I expected and I ended up with Cutler and McNabb. Of course Cutler has been great and I scooped up Michael Vick after Week 1 so suddenly my QB situation isn't so bad. Plus I ended up trading McNabb, Driver, and Carlson to the guy who had Kolb and netted Vernon Davis and Brandon Marshall (and Kolb, who I dropped). I've now got a sick receiving corps (Wayne, DeSean Jackson, Marshall, with Davis at TE) though my RB situation is a bit hairy (Gore, the injured Moreno, and the platoon of Charles-Jones, which has been driving me nuts). Still, through some good moves and good luck I've turned a pretty average draft into what's looking like a fantasy powerhouse.

[quote name='bvharris']EA is annoying.. I was really hoping I'd get to see the result of my game tonight.

So.. How is everyone's fantasy team doing so far?[/QUOTE]

3-0. Austin Collie has saved my ass at least twice, and I somehow ended up with Frank Gore and Steven Jackson on my team. Also, it's a PPR league, so Gore has been awesome for me.

I'm sitting at 3-0 and 2-1 in my two money leagues (12 team leagues).

I'm pretty weak at my 2nd RB slot in my 2-1 thanks to Grant going down and Jackson not exactly being a great replacement so far, but I have Vick so I'm trying to parlay him into some RB help (starting Portis, and the Tolberts of the world now).

Actually, I had Grant in both leagues but didn't bother with Jackson in the other one out of laziness, so I'm weak at RB2 in both leagues. :( Hoping my Hillis waiver claim comes in haha.

I'm 3-0 in my league too. We have 14 people in ours so no one really has anything close to a "stacked" team, but I do have Phillip Rivers, Austin Collie, and Adrian Peterson. I'm glad I didn't end up with Shonn Greene or Jamaal Charles...everyone talked about how their carries wouldn't really be limited at all by the acquisition of another featured back there but I didn't wanna risk it anyways.

[quote name='MasterAwesome'] I'm glad I didn't end up with Shonn Greene or Jamaal Charles...everyone talked about how their carries wouldn't really be limited at all by the acquisition of another featured back there but I didn't wanna risk it anyways.[/QUOTE]

Charles has definitely been frustrating to own since he's leading the league in YPC and yet is barely being used. He's still been worth playing though, I'm just hoping they'll start giving him more carries.. Though the fact that the Chiefs are 3-0 is definitely not going to help change their mind.

Yea servers are back up but this lag is probably the worst I've ever experienced in any Madden game. We've also tried to play our game 3 times tonight (in addition to twice yesterday) and they each resulted in a disconnect in the first quarter (2 of them were right after the opening kickoff). I guess we're just gonna have to get our game simmed if everyone is waiting on us...I don't think we're gonna have any luck playing our game anytime soon.

We're still waiting on Bears/Lions, Niners/Packers too so it looks like this is going to go into Wednesday. This is why you shouldn't wait until the last day to play your games :D

I know that doesn't apply to everyone here, as some people had disconnect issues these past couple days, but yeah...this week has been S-L-O-W. So the deadline will be extended into tomorrow night. I'm going to set the cut off at 9pm EST. Let me know if that's an issue with anyone, but I'd like to at least start Week 14 at a reasonable hour tomorrow.

I'm going to take this opportunity to formally withdraw from the league because of internet issues. My internet in this dorm room is just not going to cut it for the rest of this season. I am moving into my fraternity house in January (where the internet should be much much better), and if the Seahawks are still open (and not gutted) I'd be happy to come back for Season 2

[quote name='sayHey']I'm going to take this opportunity to formally withdraw from the league because of internet issues. My internet in this dorm room is just not going to cut it for the rest of this season. I am moving into my fraternity house in January (where the internet should be much much better), and if the Seahawks are still open (and not gutted) I'd be happy to come back for Season 2[/QUOTE]

do I get housh now :)
and josh wilson too?

bread's done
Back