Madden 11 League-OFFICIAL CAG LEAGUE-That's all folks! Mini-tourney still coming tho!

Well, Uber, i took Bart Scott out for 4 weeks with a dislocated ankle...you took Yeremiah Bell out for 3 weeks with an Abdominal Tear. Fair's Fair:D

[quote name='siradam134']Well, Uber, i took Bart Scott out for 4 weeks with a dislocated ankle...you took Yeremiah Bell out for 3 weeks with an Abdominal Tear. Fair's Fair:D[/QUOTE]

damn, I've been meaning to look that up. bummer. I've had too many LB injuries this year.

Hey Uber,

I haven't heard from the browns owner yet today (although he was on around 1 PM and my dumb ass didn't PM him until around 4).

My predicament is that if I don't get the game in before tomorrow afternoon (and my time tomorrow afternoon is limited too), I may not be home until sometime Sunday, and I'll miss the deadline.

I'll give it tonight and tomorrow morn to hear from him but I guess I'm wondering if I should play the CPU when I get home from work tomorrow if I don't hear anything, or wait it out and let the game get simmed most likely. (There's a slight chance I can muster getting home Sat. night but I can't guarantee it.)

[quote name='Matt Young']If you're thinking of me, I mentioned the possibility of playing theredworm on Sunday night if I didn't get back too late, but that would have been for the next game week, not the one we're on now. Due to the server issue and delay in advancement, that won't be an issue.[/QUOTE]

Okay, it appears I will have to eat my words. I got home tonight at 5:38 (8:38 Eastern; yes, I was counting the minutes) which was surprisingly close to the guesstimated time I gave itlnstln. However, my power was out. The power for the whole block was out, actually, but my friend who lives a couple miles away had power. There was a storm, but nothing serious, so I have no idea why the power was out.

I waited till around 10 Eastern and still no power, and I got invited to a 40th birthday dinner with some friends, and free Mexican food and cake with a couple large breasted Latinas thrown in sounded quite enticing. ItlnStln said he had to start by 11 Eastern anyway. Obviously, the power is back on now.

So, can you please grant me that extension, ubernes? I cannot give an exact time for when I'll be home on Sunday, but I think we have to check out of the hotel at noon (3 P.M. Eastern) and then Mapquest lists this as the travel estimate from the MGM Grand in Vegas to my house:

Total Travel Estimate: 3 hours 39 minutes / 237.88 miles

Obviously, that's not accounting for traffic, but if we aren't slowed by traffic, that would put me back at home around 7 P.M. Eastern. My request/suggestion is this: If it's okay with you and itlnstln, could you give me the opportunity to play Sunday and then, if I'm not home by whatever time you deem appropriate, you could kick me so he could play the CPU? I was thinking 9 P.M. Eastern as a deadline, but it's all up to you and itlnstln, if you're even willing to give me a chance to play Sunday at all.

I'm going to PM this to both of you now. Just let me know as soon as you get a chance. I apologize for the problem. This has been a bad week for scheduling games... 2 days in a row with servers going down, which was the reason I didn't get to play itlnstln last night, then my power was out today. Argh.

Hey uber,

I've decided to do just the one end of the season award post since we're pretty close to the end as it is. Already started working on it.

Sounds good.

RE: That trade. I'll put it through sometime tonight, but if those involved want it through asap because of games they have coming up, let me know.

Alright, sorry for the delay, but i am back in the league now. CAG mobile still isn't letting me respond to PMs, so the best way to contact me is by xbox live message. For now I only have access to CAG from my phone. Lexxon I sent you an xbl friend request and if you are able to get online before you leave go ahead and send me an invite to play the game. And Deuce, as to your trade request, I don't really know enough about football to really get in to that, so you might have to help explain things to me a little lol.

desklaser, i think I was tring to get joe haden from you for my first round draft pick... basically, joe haden is a good, young corner and I need a good corner so I would be giving up my first rd pick to acquire him from you... giving you two first rd draft picks. I would be willing to send you a player to help your team out along with my draft pick if the trade would need further balancing in your opinion

To put that deal more plainly: the Browns would be trading their 7th overall pick (Haden) for at best a 20th overall pick.

And since the Ravens are just rolling right now it might even be a later pick than that. :D

DeskLaser (Browns) and I just unsuccessfully tried to get our game in twice. Connection issues ahoy, just like they were with the Vikes. I have no idea if it's something on my end (Xbox is on the DMZ), but I've had little to no issues before these last two games. Ugh.

I'm out until Sat night/Sunday morn after this, so we're both OK with the game getting simmed if necessary. DeskLaser, I'll PM you/XBL message you if I get home before the advancement in case you want to try again.

Also, I noticed the CPU goofed with my rosters, putting Spiller as the #2 WR. Didn't expect that, so that was why I paused in the second game. The first game I never got on Offense, lol...good ol' Parrish and his kickoffs. He can make it happen sometimes.

[quote name='ubernes']To put that deal more plainly: the Browns would be trading their 7th overall pick (Haden) for at best a 20th overall pick.

And since the Ravens are just rolling right now it might even be a later pick than that. :D[/QUOTE]

I have an issue with that trade as well. Joe Haden was the best CB in the draft, and I doubt that the Browns are going to be able to get a player that good picking wherever the Ravens pick.

Moreover, I don't see why any football team would trade away their first round pick during his first season. It's not like the Browns are stacked at CB (that's why they drafted Haden after all).

Edit: Looking at the Browns roster, it does look like they have pretty good CB depth, but I still don't see any reason why they would realistically trade Haden w/o getting a comparable young player back.

[quote name='Mr Grand Cru']Hey Ubernes, am I supposed to play the computer this week ?[/QUOTE]

Yes, the Seahawks left.

edit: btw, I updated the OP for those teams that are now open (Seahawks, Chiefs and Jags). if you're playing those teams, you will be playing the CPU. the Cowboys and Eagles should be back this weekend and they play each other this week anyways so it's not an issue right now.

Speaking of trades, this last one I put through will probably be it. I'll give people til we advance to do any last minute deals but the start of Week 15 will be the official cut off.

Should we open up the FA pool again? I don't have any strong feelings either way, it's pretty dry but I would not be opposed to opening it up again if people wanted to. I would create a priority list again, but it'll move much faster this time (24-48 hours for everyone).

[quote name='ubernes']Speaking of trades, this last one I put through will probably be it. I'll give people til we advance to do any last minute deals but the start of Week 15 will be the official cut off.

Should we open up the FA pool again? I don't have any strong feelings either way, it's pretty dry but I would not be opposed to opening it up again if people wanted to. I would create a priority list again, but it'll move much faster this time (24-48 hours for everyone).[/QUOTE]

Ok cool and I would like to have a chance at free agency possibly I have to look at the safeties ?

Just to make a final notice post since this is the last week for trades Alex Smith is on the Block still and Michael Lewis for player or draft picks and Takeo Spikes is available for a decent trade.

I had a long response typed out and I had to put my phone down and now its gone. I'll retype it when I get home but a quick response to doom, and bv... I'm stacked at safety, not cb, and he would have a top five pick and then mine so he'd have two chances to replace what he would lose

I will probably open up the FA pool sometime this weekend. Will keep people posted tomorrow.

And a quick reply to Deuce, I don't think any NFL GM would trade away a #7 pick for a #20~ pick just because they had another top 5 pick coming their way. The Browns are a bad team, so they can't make trades with unequal value just because they have more picks. That's not how you rebuild. (Not that it matters, the trade was never accepted, but that's my two cents).

edit: Cru, I'll put the trade through late tonight or early tomorrow.

[quote name='Deuce20602']I'm stacked at safety, not cb, and he would have a top five pick and then mine so he'd have two chances to replace what he would lose[/QUOTE]

Well he's going to have that top 5 pick anyway, so that's not really a factor in this trade.

[quote name='Mr Grand Cru']Dolphins Trade: Chad Pennington (78 ovr) and 3rd rd Draft Pick
49ers Trade : Chilo Rachal (79 ovr) and Ahmad Brooks (75 ovr)

sorry Ubernes, I thought we had to send you a PM first.[/QUOTE]

Trade is being put through now.

edit: And done. Quintin Moses (OLB, worst rated defensive player) had to be dropped from the Fins to make room for Brooks.

Great, now I get to face the 49ers next week with a halfway competent QB. :D

Speaking of which.. I can play tomorrow night after advance if that works. I'd rather not play Monday night since the Pats are on (though I could play before or after) and Tuesday I'll be busy. Let me know.

scotts, I'm not sure of my work schedule for the week yet but I'll be available tomorrow except from the hours of 5pm-9pm

Been waiting for Ltor / Titans to come back from "away" status for over an hour and 15 minutes now. Says "Last seen 3 hours ago playing Halo: Reach, In Matchmaking Waiting in Lobby" .. sigh.

This is probably the only time I'll be able to get our game in, which is what was agreed upon. So I'm kind of torn at what to do. I really don't want a sim loss to a team that has 2 wins, and human controlled for 2 of those games, it seems. lol

Last edited by a moderator:
cag name sprice8688, xbox gamer tag sprice20, i want to join your league as the chiefs if available or anyother team possible... i play all the time with members in the league.... mr grand cru,, and duece.... they can vouch that i will play all my games and not cause any problams

[quote name='HydroX']Been waiting for Ltor / Titans to come back from "away" status for over an hour and 15 minutes now. Says "Last seen 3 hours ago playing Halo: Reach, In Matchmaking Waiting in Lobby" .. sigh.

This is probably the only time I'll be able to get our game in, which is what was agreed upon. So I'm kind of torn at what to do. I really don't want a sim loss to a team that has 2 wins, and human controlled for 2 of those games, it seems. lol[/QUOTE]

Still no luck? I can do a temp boot now if it helps.

[quote name='sprice8688']cag name sprice8688, xbox gamer tag sprice20, i want to join your league as the chiefs if available or anyother team possible... i play all the time with members in the league.... mr grand cru,, and duece.... they can vouch that i will play all my games and not cause any problams[/QUOTE]

sounds good, Chiefs already had their game played this week but I will send you an invite sometime tomorrow so you can join for Week 15.

[quote name='ubernes']Still no luck? I can do a temp boot now if it helps.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, if you can temp boot soon I can get it in before I have to go to bed. Gotta be up super early on Sundays.

[quote name='bvharris']I've got a surplus of WRs if you're interested in any of them.[/QUOTE]

Gates would be nice in a Colts uni. ;)

Last ditch effort to make a trade to better my team. However, at this point, I don't really want to get rid of any of my players. Instead, I am looking to trade picks (rounds 3-7) for upgrades to WR, OLB, CB, DE, or TE.

So, if you need picks and are looking to offload players, let me know. Also, remember, we are 3-10. That means my picks are high in each respective round.

The Eagles are back and they have a ring on their fingers. It's a wedding ring, not a CAG title...but I plan on adding more jewelry in 2011. This season has been an aberration.

[quote name='gregthomas77']Last ditch effort to make a trade to better my team. However, at this point, I don't really want to get rid of any of my players. Instead, I am looking to trade picks (rounds 3-7) for upgrades to WR, OLB, CB, DE, or TE.

So, if you need picks and are looking to offload players, let me know. Also, remember, we are 3-10. That means my picks are high in each respective round.[/QUOTE]

Obviously you're not gonna get any of my top receivers for picks in those rounds, but I might be willing to trade a Josh Reed, Legadu, or Buster Davis for later round picks..

[quote name='ubernes']You'll have an invite back after this Redskins/Eagles game.[/QUOTE]

I'm calling it the Eagles Ruin My Perfect Fantasy Season Bowl. As an owner of Vick, Jackson, and the Eagles D, I'm now well on my way to losing to an 0-3 team which started a kicker on bye. Yeah, I'm ready for some Madden. :bomb:

We still advancing tonight?

My schedule has been terrible this weekend, so I'm dropping temporarily so Zurezo can play the CPU tonight. I should be able to play the rest of my games without a problem, though.

[quote name='ubernes']You'll have an invite back after this Redskins/Eagles game.[/QUOTE]

nevermind pacer gave it to me and we played the game

bread's done
Back