Madden 11 League-OFFICIAL CAG LEAGUE-That's all folks! Mini-tourney still coming tho!

Raiders rally to win late despite McFadden's case of severe fumblitis inside the redzone. Raiders win 31-24. McFadden was benched immediately after the second fumble. Raiders fumbled 3 times on the day.

Oakland announces Gradkowski and Fargas will play the majority of next weeks game against the Colts. Cornerback Nnamdi Asomugha will also see limited time.

Oakland can clinch homefield with a win next week or a Jets loss to Pittsburgh.

[quote name='bvharris']Earliest I can play is whenever I get home from work. I'd say 5:30ish is probably the earliest, I'll just hop on when I get home and see if you're on, and if not I'll post in here.

I was just thinking since 7th round picks are mostly irrelevant anyway, and there are SO many of them which have been traded, it might not be worth doing those. We also have to be careful to only do the picks which were traded before we started the league, so for example I wouldn't give up a pick for Patrick Crayton since that trade was made after our rosters were set.[/QUOTE]

I don't think to many mistakes or it will be to messy to honor all seven rds the only messy part I can see is the conditional trades and are we going to honor the 2012 owed picks also ?

[quote name='theredworm']how do offseasons work in online leagues btw?[/QUOTE]

After the Super Bowl is advanced, players attributes will either increase or decrease based on various factors and some players will retire. Then there is the rookie draft, then the next season starts up.

ok... i gotta be the bad guy in this discussion... i dont think we should honor any trades because there were a handfull of personnel changes that occured before the season started that didnt go thru in our league. To honor these real-life trades for draft picks is somewhat hypocritical with respect to the way the league has been run up to this point.

These are the only draft pick trades we'll be enforcing with our rookie draft. I took out all the trades done after we started the season and excluded the 7th round.

1st Round
New England from Oakland

2nd Round
Denver from Miami
New England from Carolina

3rd Round
San Diego from the NY Jets
San Diego from Seattle
Philadelphia from Washington

4th round
New Orleans from Washington
San Francisco from San Diego
Jacksonville from New Orleans

5th round
Philadelphia from San Diego
Tampa Bay from Denver
Minnesota from NY Giants

6th Round
Philadelphia from Tampa Bay
Cleveland from Denver
Detroit from Philadelphia
New England from New Orleans

[quote name='Deuce20602']ok... i gotta be the bad guy in this discussion... i dont think we should honor any trades because there were a handfull of personnel changes that occured before the season started that didnt go thru in our league. To honor these real-life trades for draft picks is somewhat hypocritical with respect to the way the league has been run up to this point.[/QUOTE]

It's not about honoring trades, really. It's about teams not giving away their good players with nothing in return. Why would the Pats get rid of Richard Seymour if they weren't getting something back? This ensures that they do. Same goes for Holmes, McNabb, all trades our teams in this league have benefited from. If we don't enforce these pick trades then those teams are getting star players for free.

[quote name='ubernes']These are the only draft pick trades we'll be enforcing with our rookie draft. I took out all the trades done after we started the season and excluded the 7th round.[/QUOTE]

Is there going to be any discussion as in honoring the 7th rd ? And how about those trades listed for 2012.

I don't think we need to worry about 2012 until we get there.

As for the 7th round, they are players that will barely make your roster. I would really prefer not to have to put in the extra work for waiver wire candidates. If you feel strongly about it, please feel free to state your case but I would rather not have to deal with it. I barely want to do the 5th and 6th rounds haha.

Last year, I don't think I kept a player I drafted after the 4th round.

Also, the Giants trade (5th rounder) actually happened after our season started. It was part of the deal for Sage Rosenfels, who is still on the Vikings roster. If the Vikings owner wants to give me Sage, I'd be willing to give him my draft pick.

Double digit MPH winds? Slick field? Snow coming down? Sounds like perfect weather for Giants football.

Brandon Jacobs averaged 5.5 YPC and the Giants' defense allowed just 3 points en route to a victory over the Eagles in the sloppy conditions at the new Giants Stadium.

Michael Boley had an incredible individual performance. Boley had a forced fumble, a fumble recovery and two inceptions, one of which he returned for a touchdown.

For the Eagles, Asante Samuel had an extremely impressive interception return for a touchdown.

Final:
Giants - 35
Eagles - 10

GG Pacer.

[quote name='ubernes']I don't think we need to worry about 2012 until we get there.

As for the 7th round, they are players that will barely make your roster. I would really prefer not to have to put in the extra work for waiver wire candidates. If you feel strongly about it, please feel free to state your case but I would rather not have to deal with it. I barely want to do the 5th and 6th rounds haha.[/QUOTE]

lol I understand what you mean i just feel like if we are going to do it we should do it all the way and if you want I can go through the seventh round if that would help, but I know in last years league and other franchise I often use all my draft picks especially with the way injuries have been going on this game I think having that would be important.

As for the 2012 I was only asking now because It could be a huge factor in trades happening if any ? For example looking at the wires Miami owes a 2nd rd Draft Pick and him knowing that prior could have affected his decision to trade me his third because now he doesn't pick again after the first rd until the fourth, or in another scenario what would have happened if he would have traded me his second round pick ? Im not saying this should be decided today but it should def be determined before the next season week 1. ( Assuming trades will open for season 2 in week 1).

That works out well, since there was a work happy hour I forgot about. I might be slightly.. Off.. for our matchup, but I'll be on around then.

Dolphins, I'm around after 5:00 or so every weekday, although Wednesday this week might be iffy, might not be home until late. Around tonight, shoot me a PM on the site since it pings my phone.

yea but i been tryin to get in touch for the past coupe days... at least wanna get the game scheduled cuz my work week is gonna get crazy after tomorrow

[quote name='bvharris']Just got home.. Need to feed the cats and do a couple other things, should be on in about 15 minutes.[/QUOTE]

ok cool I will get my defensive gameplan together, talk to my QB coaches and make sure Pennington has the Playbook down pack while Im waiting lol

If we are going to do correct drafts accounting for trades, can we get the Ravens to give me Mark Clayton.

EDIT: Nevermind, I see we have excluded trades that happened after we started.

[quote name='gregthomas77']If we are going to do correct drafts accounting for trades, can we get the Ravens to give me Mark Clayton.

EDIT: Nevermind, I see we have excluded trades that happened after we started.[/QUOTE]

i'd gladly give u mark clayton for whatever draft pick is owed

[quote name='Deuce20602']i'd gladly give u mark clayton for whatever draft pick is owed[/QUOTE]

It was the rams 6th for the ravens 7th and mark clayton, and it you mean it, I think that is an approved trade.

[quote name='Doomtime']Boo jets boooooo :lol:[/QUOTE]

Polamalu and Big Ben hurt really cost me.

Dixon threw a VERY bad pass to a wide open Mendenhall in the endzone for an INT.

And not having Polamalu was huge because Im already without one of my starting CBs. So Randel El had to play DB.

PS. Way not to take a knee at the end of the game.

Sorry, guys, but I'm going to have to drop for good. I'm completely swamped right now, and there's no way I'm going to be able to get my last few games in. You run a great league, uber--much smoother than any of the others I have been in. Good luck to everyone still in the playoff race.

yea I lost Ted Ginn for 4 weeks on a soft tackle, he is the heart and soul of my offense , and Taylor Mays is out for 5 more weeks and he is the next Polamalu.

San Diego Chargers 41, San Francisco 49ers 34

The 49ers came to San Diego already well in control of their playoff destiny while the Chargers came in looking to pretty much lock up their spot. What ensued was nothing short of a game for the ages, with both sides exchanging blows like prize fighters.

The most telling stat of the game to show you how close this was:

Rushing Yards: 49ers 134, Chargers 130
Passing Yards: 49ers 215, Chargers 213

It was all 49ers early as Ted Ginn returned the opening kickoff for a TD. The Chargers coverage was good the rest of the game, though part of that might have been because Ginn went down with an injury. On the ensuing Chargers drive Rivers completed on a 3rd down but Gates fumbled the ball, allowing the 49ers to recover in their territory. The Chargers held them to 3 but found themselves in an early 10-0 hole. They collected themselves and marched down the field, culminating in a 3 yard pass to Josh Reed on 3rd and goal.

The 2nd quarter saw the Chargers defense stepping up, forcing two consecutive punts. The first was followed by another TD drive with a Floyd TD and the second was returned 80 yards for score by Santana Moss (finally making an impact) to put the Chargers up 21-10. The 49ers responded with Pennington throwing a TD to Crabtree before Kaeding kicked a FG as time expired to give the Chargers a touchdown lead at halftime 24-17.

The Chargers made a statement coming out of the locker room when Ryan Matthews took the first play from scrimmage 79 yards to the house, breaking several tackles he had no business breaking in the process (a "lol Madden" play if there ever was one, I'm sure Cru will agree). The 49ers responded by driving down the field and scoring on a Gore TD run, to hold the game at 31-24 after 3.

Kaeding added a FG to start the 4th to give the Chargers a 2 score lead, and the 49ers responded with another Gore TD with just over 2 minutes. The Chargers recovered the onside kick but were forced to punt, but the 49ers missed on 4 straight passes to give the Chargers the ball at the ten, which Ryan Matthews promptly punched in to go up 41-31. The 49ers drove down the field again but settled for a FG, and the Chargers recovered the final onside kick (a great recovery by Floyd in the face of about 4 Niners) to seal the victory.

Rivers was 15 of 24 for 213 yards and 2 TDs. Both Jackson and Gates had quiet games as Malcolm Floyd took the spotlight in the passing game with 84 yards and a score. The star was definitely Matthews though, who rushed 10 times for 120 yards and 2 TDs and added 5 catches for 58 yards.

Pennington was somewhat less efficient, going 11 of 28 for 215 yards and a TD, though a lot of that was due to 5 drops by his receivers, though most of those were forced by hard Chargers hits. Frank Gore rushed 19 times for 134 yards and 2 TDs and Vernon Davis caught 8 passes for 143 yards (in fact Davis and Crabtree were the only two 49ers who caught balls).

----

Awesome game Cru. I was worried when I went down 10-0 but I collected myself well and rebounded. The Moss return was a big momentum changer for me for sure.

On your last drive, did you consider kicking the FG as soon as you got in range? You needed 10 to tie anyway and you probably wasted 25-30 more seconds trying to score before ultimately kicking it. Obviously it was moot since I recovered the onside kick, but I was curious if you'd considered kicking it right away.

[quote name='Zurezo']Polamalu and Big Ben hurt really cost me.

Dixon threw a VERY bad pass to a wide open Mendenhall in the endzone for an INT.

And not having Polamalu was huge because Im already without one of my starting CBs. So Randel El had to play DB.

PS. Way not to take a knee at the end of the game.[/QUOTE]

I was jumping for joy when I saw Polamalu went out. I was thinking it was really going to open up my run game after that since you seemed to be pressing him up on run downs. Then I guess justice was served with Holmes going out for 8 weeks. C'ya next year Santonio. He did go out swinging though. His last play of the season: http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/40214964

I really don't see the difference between me running the ball for 2 yards and taking a knee. (I've talked about this a million times here) It's not like I was trying to score. Even if I broke it open I would run out of bounds or get tackled if time was still on the clock. GG though, I was sweating it out in the first half but finally settled in.

My game wasn't without its casualties as I lost Larry English and Mike Tolbert for the season.

How long are Big Ben and Troy out for?

[quote name='Mr Grand Cru']yea I lost Ted Ginn for 4 weeks on a soft tackle, he is the heart and soul of my offense , and Taylor Mays is out for 5 more weeks and he is the next Polamalu.[/QUOTE]

That sounds very much like Ted Ginn.

[quote name='bvharris']My game wasn't without its casualties as I lost Larry English and Mike Tolbert for the season.

How long are Big Ben and Troy out for?[/QUOTE]

BB - 3 More weeks

Troy - 5 more weeks

Yeah I guess you can't just get a hard-earned victory these days...they all come at the expense of some hardcore injuries. I had 3 of my defensive starters carted away from the field in my game, which ended up being injuries for 4 weeks, 6 weeks, and 7 weeks. One of those players was my starting SS Charles Godfrey who JUST got back from a broken collarbone which sidelined him for 6 weeks. Now he's gone for 6 more weeks off a dislocated hip...I had to check his Injury Rating to make sure it wasn't 45 or something, but nope it's 94. The biggest loss was Thomas Davis though who is gone for 7 weeks (through the whole postseason)....but hey at least I won...(barely).

[quote name='MasterAwesome']Yeah I guess you can't just get a hard-earned victory these days...they all come at the expense of some hardcore injuries. I had 3 of my defensive starters carted away from the field in my game, which ended up being injuries for 4 weeks, 6 weeks, and 7 weeks. One of those players was my starting SS Charles Godfrey who JUST got back from a broken collarbone which sidelined him for 6 weeks. Now he's gone for 6 more weeks off a dislocated hip...I had to check his Injury Rating to make sure it wasn't 45 or something, but nope it's 94. The biggest loss was Thomas Davis though who is gone for 7 weeks (through the whole postseason)....but hey at least I won...(barely).[/QUOTE]
GG. I think after spending the entire 2010 season lamenting the loss of Warner, I'm ready for the next season to start so I can draft my Bradford. :)

[quote name='Darth0fTheDead']GG. I think after spending the entire 2010 season lamenting the loss of Warner, I'm ready for the next season to start so I can draft my Bradford. :)[/QUOTE]

I love my Bradford.

I was sort of rooting for the Pats tonight because I find the most joy of seeing the home team lose in these Pats/Fins matchups. Seeing the home crowd all sad.

Don't worry, I'll be rooting for the Fins when they come to Foxborough. :D

[quote name='ubernes']
Don't worry, I'll be rooting for the Fins when they come to Foxborough. :D[/QUOTE]

It's the last game of the season, so I'm gonna hope it's because the Patriots are up a game on the Jets in the division. ;)

I take it as a personal victory when I'm losing to you guys and one of your good players get hurt, it makes me smile.

I've hurt quite a few players this year :)

I haven't decided who I'm rooting for in that game yet.. Now that my spot is pretty much locked up I need to study the matchups and decide if I want the 5 or the 6.

[quote name='BigAT']Z - New York Giants

:D

The Rhett Bomar era has begun.[/QUOTE]

You're welcome. ;)

I was going to begin the Billy Volek era next week since I'm playing the CPU, but I think I'm gonna wait until I've officially locked up a spot.

I might have to limit some of my players time these last couple of games I can't afford to lose anyone else at all. Hey what ever happened to that second stab at free agents ?

bread's done
Back