Madden 11 pre order + $20 Walmart.com egift card

Commander0Zero

CAGiversary!
Feedback
13 (100%)
Credit goes to SD

Walmart has Madden NFL 11 + $20 Walmart.com eGift Card (pre-order) fr
Note, game will be released in Aug 10, 2010. Also Walmart has %15 Bing cash back to make the deal even sweeter.

Update:Many are seeing Bing cash back at 20% instead of 15%. Good luck!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='xlost4']^but but but this year is suppose to be better than last year :whistle2:#[/QUOTE]

Yeah, extra detailing on the quarterback hand towels for 2011... :roll:

So, it's basically Madden 11 for $31... That's awesome!

[Keep in mind that Madden 10's trade-in value right now is $26.25. So, if you flip it at the right time you can basically get it for $4.75]

[quote name='KillerRamen']So, it's basically Madden 11 for $31... That's awesome!

[Keep in mind that Madden 10's trade-in value right now is $26.25. So, if you flip it at the right time you can basically get it for $4.75][/QUOTE]

Thats exactly what I am doing today. Trading in 2 copies of Madden 2010 and doing this deal. My bing and E card already showed up in my account.

by the way.. Bing is 20% now.

Kevin

I actually think that game will start to retail at $40 MSRP . because all the deals lately ....MW2 being 45 at Amazon . Army of 2 40th day be 40 at amazon . I AM VERY EXCITED FOR GAMING

[quote name='sgr76']Really? In Febuary?

I don't see myself buying another Madden game until EA gets it together.[/QUOTE]

What was so wrong with 10? Best Madden I'd played in this console generation by far. It's not like worrying about MLB 2K10, lol...

Thanks for the deal OP. $12 back from Bing + $20 gift card makes this a nice deal. :)

[quote name='phantomfriar2002']What was so wrong with 10? Best Madden I'd played in this console generation by far.

It's not like worrying about MLB 2K10, lol...[/QUOTE]

There is a $10 e card from walmart with the purchase of MLB 2k10... but please stay away from that game! The company has alot to prove to it's fans with this one... no way it's worth the risk of preordering after the last 3 bug ridden versions.

Kevin

Where do you see this 20% cashback for bing? On bings website it says 4% cashback? Also do they charge your card right away or do they wait till it ships?

The links from the OP aren't working...Well they're taking me to Wal-Marts site and saying that the product can't be found. Am I missing something?

[quote name='bigc97']The links from the OP aren't working...Well they're taking me to Wal-Marts site and saying that the product can't be found. Am I missing something?[/QUOTE]

search for "madden 11"

[quote name='nmeurett']Where do you see this 20% cashback for bing? On bings website it says 4% cashback? Also do they charge your card right away or do they wait till it ships?[/QUOTE]

The 15-20% cashback deal isn't showing up for anyone lately. Either the deal has come to a temporary halt or it's completely dead. I feel the latter may be the case. :[

I'm not much into football games, but Madden 11 Wii for $49.96-$20 giftcard-20% cashback? That's 19.97 in effect, though you need to add in tax (do they tax you on 49.96 or $29.96 - since they split the order up as $29.96 for the game and $20 for the gift card, I don't think they can charge you tax on the $20 giftcard can they?) In any case that's pretty crazy.

EDIT: I verified it with my BF:BC2 pre-order - you don't get charged tax for the gift card. Also you get your gift card within an hour - no waiting for release.

[quote name='labelmeoriginal']The 15-20% cashback deal isn't showing up for anyone lately. Either the deal has come to a temporary halt or it's completely dead. I feel the latter may be the case. :[[/QUOTE]

Pretty sure it's dead... only 4% is showing up. :cry:

[quote name='KillerRamen']So, it's basically Madden 11 for $31... That's awesome!

[Keep in mind that Madden 10's trade-in value right now is $26.25. So, if you flip it at the right time you can basically get it for $4.75][/QUOTE]

...and $4.75 is just about what that game is worth

[quote name='phantomfriar2002']What was so wrong with 10? Best Madden I'd played in this console generation by far.:)[/QUOTE]

The problem is, it's the same game we have all played in this console generation so far year after year. Every year, EA removes features and re-adds them the next year and calls them "New Features."

They have been doing this every year since their debut in 2006. The 2005 madden collector's edition (Ray Lewis) was and still is the best madden game ever created. It has been all downhill from there.

I'm guessing I'm the only one that got a cancelation email then, if not there would be outrage on this thread by now.

[quote name='Denbo32']I'm guessing I'm the only one that got a cancelation email then, if not there would be outrage on this thread by now.[/QUOTE]

Nah they didn't cancel mine they just changed the release date from the 24th to the 10th of August.

[quote name='BingoBrown']Yeah, extra detailing on the quarterback hand towels for 2011... :roll:[/QUOTE]

I know ever since they bought the nfl license they hold back. The do gameplay tweaks and like you said extra gfx detail on hand towels and what not. The superstar mode is so blah outside of the gameplay aspect. I had fun with ncaa 10 doing the whatever you call it for that but when i imported my guy into madden 10 i felt like ripped off. Each week was dull until gameday and seemed so boring. The only thing that kept me going in pain was i liked my created player and wanted the achievements. I remember when the saying EA if it's in the game it's in the game! They kept adding stuff that makes it feel like a real game outside the gameplay portion. Now they stripe the hell out of it to make room for added gfx and dumb stuff.

The gameplay rules but it has been for a long time. They fixed some stuff which was sweet but damn is that not what a patch is for?

I am on the fence about buying 2010 just for the fact they keep trying to look the best and play the best but missing why most of us old people keep buying them. We want to feel like we are really in a franchise. Yes i could get NFL coach but wow did that suck. I just hope they add more to superstar that would get me to for sure buy it. But they always promise new stuff in that mode and it comes out and its butchered.

I will be waiting anyways maybe gamestop give us a early demo if you preorder it muhahahaha

I would jump on the deal.

60$ 20% CB (12$) 20$ gift card.

Worst case scenario you get the game hate it and trade it in for more than you paid.

[quote name='Denbo32']I'm guessing I'm the only one that got a cancelation email then, if not there would be outrage on this thread by now.[/QUOTE]

If you got a cancellation it has to be related to your payment or something.
Did they ever send you a 20$ gift card ? If they did and then canceled your order you win. And if they didnt that simply means it never went through (since they sent out the giftcards in < an hour from when you make the buy)

[quote name='KillerRamen']

360 version at Gamestop?

A sequel to Madden 2010, just what i was hoping for!!! seriously though what's the point in buying them every year, once the next one comes out you cant get $5 for the last one. i cant believe they get away with selling the same game just slightly updated for 10+ years, the only difference is when it jumps to a new console and the graphics improve.

[quote name='jms5118']A sequel to Madden 2010, just what i was hoping for!!! seriously though what's the point in buying them every year, once the next one comes out you cant get $5 for the last one. i cant believe they get away with selling the same game just slightly updated for 10+ years, the only difference is when it jumps to a new console and the graphics improve.[/QUOTE]

Ask anyone who owns Madden how many hours they play it in a year.

I probably play madden more than any non mmo game in a given year.

Spending 60$ (or in this case 30$) for a game youre easily going to put well over 100 hours on (probably way more) isnt a bad deal. Especially when you see people spending 60$ on games like ODST that theyll play for 2 weeks top then never touch again.

Is it just me or does every new madden seem to have less and less features?

Like for madden 08 (i think), they had superstar mode a lot more together. Your player would go to the combine and live in an apartment the first year and after he got a better contract start moving up. Now you dont even go to the combine and you dont even see the draft process.

When i play football games I prefer to make it customizable. So more custom team logos and stadium options when making a team, tattoo options for players, more hair options (or even just the option to have a particular hair style), etc.

I really miss the QB vision (there should at least be a way to turn this on !) and more than anything I miss the blocking feature (where you could select a blocker before a play)

They need to start keeping previous features in the game, instead of adding a new one and removing the old new one every year.

[quote name='jms5118']A sequel to Madden 2010, just what i was hoping for!!! seriously though what's the point in buying them every year, once the next one comes out you cant get $5 for the last one. i cant believe they get away with selling the same game just slightly updated for 10+ years, the only difference is when it jumps to a new console and the graphics improve.[/QUOTE]

http://i40.tinypic.com/33zbwb9.jpg

I jumped on this deal today when it was 20% cashback for walmart. Its actually one hell of a deal. I agree that they rarely put any "new features" but i buy it every year for the rookies, updated roster, and the few new features that they put. Its just like any typical sport franchise game. You want the updated teams without having to do the work. Yes, I wish they won't take out features but it may be best for the online competition.

This is how the deal looks. It is $59.96 before tax ($39.96 for the game and $20 for e-giftcard). With 20% bing cashback you get $11.99 back. With tax it comes out to be $63.66. $63.66-$20=$43.66-$11.99=$31.67. You can never buy a Madden during it release date let a lone the whole football season for $31.67 (around $29.99 without tax). Lowest price would only be $39.99 during the season. $29.99 price tag will probaly come in a week or so after the Superbowl.

Hopefully this helps for those thinking about this deal. If you don't like it, you can probaly trade it in for atleast $30 during the first week of it is release. Which doesn't really seem too bad.

bread's done
Back