Madden '11 PS3 League Sign Up Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='m_d_amore']can i get in ? Ill take em.[/QUOTE]

Sure. I'll add you and invite you later on when I hop on the PS3.

[quote name='Theduck']- SEH (Dolphins) / PSN - SlurringRhythms
- mossman43 (Vikings) / PSN - Castlevania_X
- starmask2k3 (Cowboys) / PSN - mizerytheraven
- davidb69 (Eagles) / PSN - Davidb69
- madcatz1999 (Panthers) / PSN - madcatz1999
- tagout (Steelers) / PSN - tagout
- Blk_Panther09 (Saints) / PSN - Blk_Panther09
- rvdrock (Jets) /
PSN - WitheredBullet
-
ByeDesign (Colts) / PSN - ByeDesign
- melokeith (Ravens) / PSN - cusemanKeith
- darroj27 (Packers) / PSN - Fates_Titan
- TheDuck (Bengals) / PSN - Fembot666

- xistense (Chargers) / PSN - C2xistjz
- Midguy (49ers) / PSN - Midguy
- DickyBeans (Giants) / PSN - dbeans
- MaskedPlague (Titans) / PSN - maskedplague
- mossman43's friend (Patriots) / PSN - ???

Raider's are really strong this year, go with em.[/QUOTE]

Ugh...sure why not?

Still no delivery from amazon.....guess I'm still out till next week. Shipped Tuesday. Thought for sure it would be here by now.

[quote name='m_d_amore']Actually Ill take the Falcons if thats cool[/QUOTE]
Sweet, now we just need someone to take Tampa, and we'll have the NFC south all filled up. That alone would net me 6 non-cpu games.

WOW, this game is such a piece of shit. Every damn game is a shootout. There is no defense to be found on this disk known as Madden 11. After this tournament, i'm selling this shit, and for the first time since Madden existed, i'm going back to last years. I have heard many people bitch about the D, but I just thought that it was people that sucked. Boy was I wrong, I went from shut down D, to being a non factor. fuck this game!!

[quote name='mossman43']WOW, this game is such a piece of shit. Every damn game is a shootout. There is no defense to be found on this disk known as Madden 11. After this tournament, i'm selling this shit, and for the first time since Madden existed, i'm going back to last years. I have heard many people bitch about the D, but I just thought that it was people that sucked. Boy was I wrong, I went from shut down D, to being a non factor. fuck this game!![/QUOTE]

Yeah man, D is pretty bad in this game. The only reason I'm playing 11 is because more people are playing it and I do like the player movement much more.

[quote name='Theduck']Yeah man, D is pretty bad in this game. The only reason I'm playing 11 is because more people are playing it and I do like the player movement much more.[/QUOTE]

This. Also its the first madden ive gotten since going next gen

You know, after playing a bit more today I think I'll be selling it after the league as well. Just too easy to exploit and no way to really defend.

[quote name='Midguy']Still no delivery from amazon.....guess I'm still out till next week. Shipped Tuesday. Thought for sure it would be here by now.[/QUOTE]

A shipment tuesday from amazon generally means reciept the following tuesday.

[quote name='mossman43']WOW, this game is such a piece of shit. Every damn game is a shootout. There is no defense to be found on this disk known as Madden 11. After this tournament, i'm selling this shit, and for the first time since Madden existed, i'm going back to last years. I have heard many people bitch about the D, but I just thought that it was people that sucked. Boy was I wrong, I went from shut down D, to being a non factor. fuck this game!![/QUOTE]

I completly shut down my friend's defense in the 2nd half after I made some adjustments. It can be done.

I haven't played Madden in a couple of years. So far I'm 6 and 3 online and mostly enjoying it. It is frustrating on D a lot with RBs that run over entire teams, but I've gotten a bit better at slowing some teams down a little.
After playing the Show w/its broken online I'm enjoying that the game seems to at least work. I'm crossing my fingers that the league works as advertised/expected with no bugs.
Do you guys think that slider adjustments would make a difference? I haven't messed around with them yet. I'm not sure if that's possible in a league or not, but just throwing it out there.

Alright guys, those who've yet to accept invitations need to get on the ball. The following still have not accepted their league invite:

- Midguy
(49ers) / PSN - Midguy
- darroj27 (Packers) / PSN - Fates_Titan
- xistense (Chargers) / PSN - C2xistjz
- tagout (Steelers) / PSN - tagout
- mossman43's friend
(Patriots) / PSN - XxIndians81xX

Midguy and RiCeBo1 get a pass as Amazon has yet to deliver Midguy's game, and RiCeBo1 just got his invite sent to him. The rest have had invites for a few days.

I'm hoping we can get this thing going by the time Midguy gets him game (which is hopefully sometime this week).

THE OLD LEAGUE IS DEAD, IT WAS RUINED BY A PUBBER. THERE IS NO REASON TO STILL BE IN THERE. I SENT OUT NEW INVITES WITH THE PASSWORD A FEW DAYS AGO, ACCEPT THEM.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just played my first unranked game right now and the online netcode and lag was unbearable! The dude was straight up blitzing me out of Quarter and I had my receivers on short slants and was STILL unable to get the ball out. This is fucked up, and I thought UFC online was terrible :cry: I'll try to be as active as I can in the franchise, but unless EA fixes their shitty ass servers, I don't know what to do...

[quote name='RiCeBo1']I just played my first unranked game right now and the online netcode and lag was unbearable! The dude was straight up blitzing me out of Quarter and I had my receivers on short slants and was STILL unable to get the ball out. This is fucked up, and I thought UFC online was terrible :cry: I'll try to be as active as I can in the franchise, but unless EA fixes their shitty ass servers, I don't know what to do...[/QUOTE]
I've played probably 20 games online so far. Only 1 has had noticeable lag, and even that one was fine by the middle of the 2nd quarter or so (not sure how lag gets better, but it did).

Depending on how they're blitzing you, pre-snap adjustments can shut it down. Some people will pull their DTs around to the other side outside their DE. A simple shift of the O-line in that direction stops that.

It's strange. Everyone seems to have a different problem.

I've heard "the running game sucks, I have to pass all day" and I've heard "the passing game sucks, I have to run all day". I've heard the same about run D v. pass D.

Pretty much every review I've read mentions how play-action plays are useless, and yet, I use them quite effectively and quite often.

Shrugs, I haven't really seen anything that everyone consistently has a problem with.

Probably need to lay down some ground rules. Some things to consider:

- Free agent pickups allowed?
- Trades allowed? Do they need approval?
- Is quarter time and all that already set up? I assume it has to be the same every game?
- Do you care if we go for it on 4th and 9 in the 1st quarter? Do you care if we try to sneak in an onside kick even if it's not the 4th quarter and we're trailing?
- And of course, advance times.

The Xbox guys have all 32 teams filled and people on the waiting list, and they're finishing their first games. They're putting us to shame :p

[quote name='madcatz1999']- Free agent pickups allowed?[/QUOTE]

I'd say so. I'd prefer we wait until the league if full until we begin picking people up off the FA list.

[quote name='madcatz1999']- Trades allowed? Do they need approval?[/QUOTE]

Trades are allowed. As far as I know, there isn't an option for approval, so I don't think any is needed. When doing trades though, try not to rip others off.

[quote name='madcatz1999']- Is quarter time and all that already set up? I assume it has to be the same every game?[/QUOTE]

Quarter time is already set. Five minute quarters with 15 second clock run-off. If people don't like that, post. If enough people want it changed, we can bump the quarter time to six or seven minutes. Otherwise, five it is.

[quote name='madcatz1999']- Do you care if we go for it on 4th and 9 in the 1st quarter? Do you care if we try to sneak in an onside kick even if it's not the 4th quarter and we're trailing?[/QUOTE]

I'd like realistic football. Don't cheese it up and run the same broken plays constantly, go for it on every 4th down, don't onside kick every time, etc... Just use your judgement and play fair. I will say this now though, if enough users complain about someone cheesing it up, I have no qualms about booting someone.

[quote name='madcatz1999']- And of course, advance times.[/QUOTE]

I asked about this a few pages back. Not many people responded, but those who did said that one or two games a week is fine, so we'll go with that. I'd say that four days to get a game played is a long enough period of time.

[quote name='madcatz1999']The Xbox guys have all 32 teams filled and people on the waiting list, and they're finishing their first games. They're putting us to shame :p[/QUOTE]

Yeah. Our guys need to get joined up so they can either invite friends to fill the remaining spots, or we'll just get it started with the 20 or so people we've currently got.

[quote name='disruptor108']I'd like to play in this league as well. I'm guessing there's no draft, this is just with the teams as they are right now?[/QUOTE]
Yep. So pick a team that's not taken in the first post :D

Well, mossman 43, his friend, and tagout are out of the league. Patriots, Steelers, and Vikings are now open.

losing people before it begins huh. that sucks. Hopefully they patch this game tho the kickig has horrid lag online and me and my pal freeze at the end of Madden ultimate team games and make no coins and lose contract days very frustrating

Still no delivery here.....I guess I learned my lesson about getting free shipping w/ Amazon.

Instead of the 49ers, I'd like to claim the Vikings since they are free now.

Also, don't hold up the league on my account. I'm sure the game will arrive this week, but I don't want to hold y'all up if y'all are ready to get started.

[quote name='Midguy']Still no delivery here.....I guess I learned my lesson about getting free shipping w/ Amazon.

Instead of the 49ers, I'd like to claim the Vikings since they are free now.

Also, don't hold up the league on my account. I'm sure the game will arrive this week, but I don't want to hold y'all up if y'all are ready to get started.[/QUOTE]
Someone noticed that Brett Favre showed up in Minnesota yesterday ;)

Sucks about the delivery, though. Amazon is usually pretty good about their delivery times, even with Super Saver shipping. I'm cool with starting whenever, though. I'm in no hurry.

Once Midguy gets his game and joins up, I will be removing the password and making the league public to fill the remaining teams. Aside from Midguy, there are two users (darroj27 and xistence) who've yet to accept the league invite/respond to any PM's. Once the league goes public, you will still be welcome to join, but if a pubber takes a team that you requested, I will not be kicking them. You've had the invites long enough and I've sent two PM's now reminding you guys to join up. Either shit or get off the pot.

My wife says that it was delivered today so I should be able to get online tonight or tomorrow to join league.

Thanks for your patience.

[quote name='m_d_amore']losing people before it begins huh. that sucks. Hopefully they patch this game tho the kickig has horrid lag online and me and my pal freeze at the end of Madden ultimate team games and make no coins and lose contract days very frustrating[/QUOTE]
First patch should be around the first week of the season, it sounds like. Though whether it'll include much beyond making the strategy pad an option and the first roster update, no one knows. I don't think they'll be able to do anything about the kicking meter -- you're talking about a couple of milliseconds between a good kick and a bad kick, and it's hard to get that kind of accuracy online.

They supposedly made it to where you wouldn't lose contract days if you didn't get coins (if the opponent quit, etc), since that was one of the big complaints from last year. Perhaps they missed something.
[quote name='Midguy']Ok, I'm finally in the league..... [/QUOTE]
Yay.

Damn I dint know there was a league here... Im down plz invite me.

psn: Ch1d0r1_666

I also have a league and need players. Send me your PSN and ill send you an invite.

Alright, the league should now be public. The league will officially start tomorrow. You'll have from Friday to Monday night to get your week one games done. Good luck to everyone.

had a great league game against witheredbullet last night -
lost it 14-7, I lost 3 fumbles, which was killer - especially on a play near the goal line to tie the game. Oh well, fair and competitive match-up... good stuff
gg - withered

[quote name='melokeith']had a great league game against witheredbullet last night -
lost it 14-7, I lost 3 fumbles, which was killer - especially on a play near the goal line to tie the game. Oh well, fair and competitive match-up... good stuff
gg - withered[/QUOTE]
R1 button FTW!

I always forget to use it when I need to (up by 3 with 2 minutes left), and fumbles always seem to come at the worse time.

[quote name='SEH']
Weekly Schedules:
Week 1 - Aug. 20-23
Week 2 - Aug. 24-27
Week 3 - Aug. 28-31
Week 4 - Sept. 1-4
Week 5 - Sept. 5-8
Week 6 - Sept. 9-12
Week 7 - Sept. 13-16
Week 8 - Sept. 17-20
Week 9 - Sept. 21-24
Week 10 - Sept. 25-28
Week 11 - Sept. 29-Oct. 2
Week 12 - Oct. 3-6
Week 13 - Oct. 7-10
Week 14 - Oct. 11-14
Week 15 - Oct. 15-18
Week 16 - Oct. 19-22
Playoffs
[/QUOTE]
By the way, there's 17 weeks in the NFL schedule ;)

[quote name='madcatz1999']R1 button FTW!

I always forget to use it when I need to (up by 3 with 2 minutes left), and fumbles always seem to come at the worse time.[/QUOTE]

i always press R1, you cant take a chance by pressing turbo or spinning while your in running through a pile. Turbo only if its daylight.

Well i also had a great game vs davidb69. 49-14 i think... It sucks that his team decided to show up during the 4th quarter. Great connection speed btw good guy too.

[quote name='melokeith']Jinchuriki - I may be interested in your league if you need players -

cusemanKeith[/QUOTE]

yes bro, i need players. it can be a practice league for this one... i also joined the other CAGaversery league.

ill send you an invite.

[quote name='madcatz1999']By the way, there's 17 weeks in the NFL schedule ;)[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I updated it. I was in a rush yesterday.

I cant even finish a franchise game it's so bad. Why can the Bills score at will? Why does every game see each team scoring more than 35 points? Why do my corners drop their assignments so they can go defend the tight end that's in the middle of the field already being covered by four guys? Why does my running back magnetize to defenders so I purposely miss the gap? Why is this game even on store shelves? Do the people who create this game watch football? Do the people that create this game have ADD (pretty sure the answer is yes)?

I'm soooo close to trading this off to Goozex for $50.

SEH, hold on until we finish the franchise at least.

I dropped the Bengals and jumped on with the Patriots last night, so Bengals are available.

My first game is vs. Bengals so if anyone wants to take em up thats cool.

I have the ability to transfer the league captain rights to anyone else in the league, so it's not like the league would shut down. In all honesty, I am probably going to trade this in because I seriously cant take it. It's the most God awful excuse for a football game that I've ever played. I'd rather get the points for it now while it's still hot.

I just need someone to volunteer to take this over and I'll transfer rights today.

Anyone willing to take this over? I'd rather have someone willingly take control rather than me just force it upon someone before I ship it out. Taking ownership really just means advancing the in-game weeks every four days.

I think you are over reacting a little bit. Yes the defense sucks balls and you cant tackle any running back but they will patch that up. Its something that everyone is complaining about. I say just stick with it until the league ends and you can always sell madden on ebay for at least $45 when the league ends and you no longer want it.

Too late, I already am committed to ship (got 1000 points for it). Every time I play the game I just wind up talking about how much I hate it. Like I said, I cant even finish a game I get so irritated with how horrible the game is. I'd rather dump it now then continue to be frustrated by it. If you guys enjoy it, great. I don't though, thus I'm getting rid of it.

It looks like I'm gonna have to jump on here tonight and bestow commissioner rights onto someone since nobody is volunteering.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back