Madden '11 PS3 League Sign Up Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='dickybeans']I'm having a terrible experience with this league. First week, my game ended up being simmed as neither my opponent (madcatz) nor I could get a game started due to network issues (I'm assuming). This week, I've checked in on three different days and even messaged my opponent (byedesign, who by the way has a total of 1 post on CAG and no activity since 8/4 . . .) once, but he's never been listed as 'ready' and isn't online right now.

Why is this like pulling teeth? All I want to do is play a friggin game. Shouldn't be this hard . . .[/QUOTE]

yeah that does suck bro, If you stick with it you'll eventually get to the active players on the league. If you wanna play a friendly hit me up when im on.

[quote name='starmask2k3']week 3 starts today[/QUOTE]
If you're not going to stick with the original schedule, you should probably post a new one. You should probably just start a new thread, so you can keep all relevant info in the first post.

sweet.

I can't wait to find out if my team is 1-1 or 0-2 in the simmed games . . .

maybe I'll get a chance to play before byes kick in.

Side note: I hate the soundtrack in this game.

Adrian Peterson needs to be nerfed. Hard. Seriously, this guy breaks tackles non stop and unrealistically and its boooooring. He should at least fumble once a game ffs.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Theduck']Side note: I hate the soundtrack in this game.

Adrian Peterson needs to be nerfed. Hard. Seriously, this guy breaks tackles non stop and unrealistically and its boooooring. He should at least fumble once a game ffs.[/QUOTE]

Actually that is his weakness, he fumbles often. And breaking tackles, every player can do it. If people are running all over you maybe you should pinch.

To Starmask: bro you should start another thread so you can have total control. copy and paste the schedule. btw my homie auner626 dint get to play his game becuase his psn got hacked, i dont think hes recovered it yet.

I tried to play Jacksonville(CPU) twice last night and during the games it said it lose communication to the server, I never lost my PSN login online though. I'll try to play when I get home this afternoon. I am just sick of playing this game. Has anyone else had this issue?

[quote name='m_d_amore']Blk Panther when can you play?[/QUOTE]

Weekends are the best, but ill usually get a game in on week nights at around 8:00 to 10:30 pm eastern time

[quote name='Theduck']Side note: I hate the soundtrack in this game.

Adrian Peterson needs to be nerfed. Hard. Seriously, this guy breaks tackles non stop and unrealistically and its boooooring. He should at least fumble once a game ffs.[/QUOTE]

You should talk to midguy about AP's fumbling. Week one win for me because of that

[quote name='Blk_Panther09']You should talk to midguy about AP's fumbling. Week one win for me because of that[/QUOTE]

:cry:

Yeah, AP fumbled in the redzone in OT....
From playing with the Vikings a handful of times, trust me, AP fumbles plenty. Its almost like he's programmed to fumble at the absolute worst times. He must have like a redzone multiplier or something, lol.

In two games in this franchise, he has 4 fumbles.

If your RB is fumbling too much press R1 and stop doing anything fancy, like braking tackles.

Star, Auner626 account was hacked so he might not be able to play this week till he recovers.
Also its Sept. 4th, shouldn't we be in week 4 already??

Make another Madden thread!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='vipes209']Hey, I want the 49ers

PSN: Vipes209[/QUOTE]

smart man... gets a team from a division where no else is. They are a solid team, idk why they are ranked so low. They're players are all great, specially the D

[quote name='Theduck']I can't keep up with how fast this thread moves sometimes.[/QUOTE]

there is like 1 post per day... are you being sarcastic? lol
anyway you can subscribe to the thread and it will email you if there have been any updates, daily, weekly, or ASAP.

[quote name='Jinchuriki']there is like 1 post per day... are you being sarcastic? lol
anyway you can subscribe to the thread and it will email you if there have been any updates, daily, weekly, or ASAP.[/QUOTE]

Guilty of sarcasm! :whistle2:#

I'm jealous of the xbox thread lol.

If I am not online to play monday or tuesday is because I got the blinking red light of death on my PS3. Still trying to figure out how to get the disk out of the PS3 because it won't eject. UGGG. I'll be on later with an update.

[quote name='davidb69']If I am not online to play monday or tuesday is because I got the blinking red light of death on my PS3. Still trying to figure out how to get the disk out of the PS3 because it won't eject. UGGG. I'll be on later with an update.[/QUOTE]

damn that sucks... i wonder if you guy the insurance plan will it cover it. just lie that it happened after.

[quote name='vipes209']Anyone know where I can sign up.[/QUOTE]

Name: CAG PS3 League
Pass: cheap

I think thats the proper info, not sure.

Search the league under CAG PS3

i sent you an invite in madden vipes209 so look in the League invites

Whao! the AFC is looking pretty weak sauce, only the patriots are undefeated (yeah i know people had connection problems) and on the NFC side we have Cowgirls, Packers, Panthers, and Saints.

[quote name='Jinchuriki']Whao! the AFC is looking pretty weak sauce, only the patriots are undefeated (yeah i know people had connection problems) and on the NFC side we have Cowgirls, Packers, Panthers, and Saints.[/QUOTE]
One of those two won't be as soon as Blk_Panther09 shows up ;)

i need to play auner626 (steelers) - is he on CAG? Sent friend request on psn.

auner626 - shoot me a message of when you're available

[quote name='melokeith']i need to play auner626 (steelers) - is he on CAG? Sent friend request on psn.

auner626 - shoot me a message of when you're available[/QUOTE]

ill shoot him a msg, hes on my buddy list. His account was suspended, he should be fine now, saw him online yesterday.

[quote name='Blk_Panther09']I guess we settled that.... :p[/QUOTE]

yeah i saw that. looks like you had a close game in the 1st half, then somebody decided to stop playing D.

[quote name='Jinchuriki']yeah i saw that. looks like you had a close game in the 1st half, then somebody decided to stop playing D.[/QUOTE]

And I also started playing better D. Had some mistakes in the first quarter but I adapted.

Anyways... When does week 5 start?

[quote name='Jinchuriki']yeah i saw that. looks like you had a close game in the 1st half, then somebody decided to stop playing D.[/QUOTE]
That's what happens when my MLB and one of my OLB both go out in the 2nd quarter ;) Both out for 3-4 weeks :cry: I think DeAngelo Williams was out for about a quarter and a half, too, so that slowed me down a bit. Anyways, I was playing like crap to begin with, so probably still wouldn't have stood a chance.

I took out Reggie Bush for pretty much the rest of the regular season, though, so I feel vindicated :lol:

Also, I noticed Steve Smith decided to take pretty much every other play off in the 4th quarter when I needed him the most. What's up with that? :cry: Silly 30+ year olds that can't run 50 yard streaks every 30 seconds...

[quote name='Blk_Panther09']
Anyways... When does week 5 start?[/QUOTE]

next monday morning

[quote name='madcatz1999']That's what happens when my MLB and one of my OLB both go out in the 2nd quarter ;) Both out for 3-4 weeks :cry: I think DeAngelo Williams was out for about a quarter and a half, too, so that slowed me down a bit. Anyways, I was playing like crap to begin with, so probably still wouldn't have stood a chance.

I took out Reggie Bush for pretty much the rest of the regular season, though, so I feel vindicated :lol:

Also, I noticed Steve Smith decided to take pretty much every other play off in the 4th quarter when I needed him the most. What's up with that? :cry: Silly 30+ year olds that can't run 50 yard streaks every 30 seconds...[/QUOTE]

Well thanks for taking out R. Bush.. haha i got a feeling every one will have players out for the season. One of my corners got injured in the 1st game, out for 4 weeks.

You should pick up antonio pierce from free agency, hes rated pretty good.

[quote name='madcatz1999']That's what happens when my MLB and one of my OLB both go out in the 2nd quarter ;) Both out for 3-4 weeks :cry: I think DeAngelo Williams was out for about a quarter and a half, too, so that slowed me down a bit. Anyways, I was playing like crap to begin with, so probably still wouldn't have stood a chance.

Also, I noticed Steve Smith decided to take pretty much every other play off in the 4th quarter when I needed him the most. What's up with that? :cry: Silly 30+ year olds that can't run 50 yard streaks every 30 seconds...[/QUOTE]

Your linebackers should be ready for our next meeting. It should be a good game ;)

[quote name='Jinchuriki']ill shoot him a msg, hes on my buddy list. His account was suspended, he should be fine now, saw him online yesterday.[/QUOTE]

He accepted my friend request and I sent him a psn message about our game, but haven't heard back from him, although I see he was on. I'm not sure if you know him or are just friends on psn w/him, but if you see him online could you tell him to check his messages and get back to me with a time for Sat. night or anytime Sunday?

Thanks!

[quote name='melokeith']He accepted my friend request and I sent him a psn message about our game, but haven't heard back from him, although I see he was on. I'm not sure if you know him or are just friends on psn w/him, but if you see him online could you tell him to check his messages and get back to me with a time for Sat. night or anytime Sunday?

Thanks![/QUOTE]

Sometimes his brother or cousin is using his account for mw2.
He lives in the next town

[quote name='Jinchuriki']Sometimes his brother or cousin is using his account for mw2.
He lives in the next town[/QUOTE]

Well, he never got ahold of me or replied to my psn message. Will the game be simmed if we don't play? That doesn't seem fair if I lose since I've been available and tried to contact him. I see that he, or the people who use his account were on again this afternoon, but still no contact...

great - as I predicted my game was simmed and of course I lost in OT to the steelers -
thanks auner for never playing our game or even returning messages

Honestly, looking ahead for the league, if someone in the league has a game against someone that they know is better at Madden than them (forget team rankings for now) what's the motivation to even play the game? Might as well just let it be simmed and take your chances. Obviously, you would think that we're all in this to actually play some games, but as with all online leagues you just can't assume that's true for everyone. Is there no option for the commissioner to resolve unplayed games?

I've been trying to play madcatz1999 for the past hour and we keep getting an error, "Cannot retireve game information from opponent". I think we've tried about everything on both of our sides to get it to work.

[quote name='disruptor108']I've been trying to play madcatz1999 for the past hour and we keep getting an error, "Cannot retireve game information from opponent". I think we've tried about everything on both of our sides to get it to work.[/QUOTE]
Finally got our game to work. Had to bypass my router completely, and reboot my modem. Even though I had my router firewall off and DMZed my PS3. Oh well.

Good game, though. Had the ball at the 2 min warning on about the opp 30. Down by 4. Taking my time, trying to make it the last drive. Then of course, I fumble and it gets returned for 6. After that, well...let's just say it's hard to throw hail maries in the rain and 20mph winds.

[quote name='madcatz1999']Finally got our game to work. Had to bypass my router completely, and reboot my modem. Even though I had my router firewall off and DMZed my PS3. Oh well.

Good game, though. Had the ball at the 2 min warning on about the opp 30. Down by 4. Taking my time, trying to make it the last drive. Then of course, I fumble and it gets returned for 6. After that, well...let's just say it's hard to throw hail maries in the rain and 20mph winds.[/QUOTE]

damn that was a pretty good game...

I can ask auner if hes still gonna play.

The game i had with PSN - MrTHCaka420 was awesome till the 2nd half started. I was down 14 - 0 with 2-3 minutes left in the half, in those few minutes i tied up.
3rd quarter i scored 21 pts. I felt bad for Mr., cuz i kept intercepting the ball and he fumbled a few times.

---------------------Final score
-Packers -0, 14, 21, 3 = 38
-Redskins-7, 7, 0, 7 = 21

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back