Madden 12 $45 @ TRU + free shipping

murph17

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
TRU doesn't do release date delivery though :(
http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=11643590

What I am trying to do is get Amazon to price match...
$45 Madden
$20 Amazon credit (hellooooo $40 NHL)
and $0.99 release date delivery

not guaranteed, but you can always cancel if they don't price match

Step 1: Pre-order at Amazon
Step 2: Go to bottom of Madden 12 page @ Amazon, in the Feedback section choose "tell us about a lower price". Send them Toys R Us link.
Step 3: Wait for reply

Step 4a: If they price match...WIN!
Step 4b: If they don't price match...cancel pre-order

Yeah I emailed amazon as well and included the link and a copy of the email one of those OS guys got with a price match. I wanna get this locked in before SD finds out and stuff.

I sent them a first email under the price match email subheadings. Got a quick computer reply of No. Sent a second general email telling them to match it OR ELSE!!

It looks like it takes about 2 hours but you pre-order from Amazon and then go through customer service to submit an e-mail and make sure you send the TRU.com link for proof. It is cool to get it for $44.99 on release day for 99 cent shipping (free release day shipping with prime), no tax, and a $20 Amazon credit on top of that. Just unbelievable.

BmBoWnZ you should try the e-mail route before giving up my friend. It appears to be going through better than chat. If at last it doen't work, one could cancel pre-order and go elsewhere and do business.

[quote name='GoVols']BmBoWnZ you should try the e-mail route before giving up my friend. It appears to be going through better than chat. If at last it doen't work, one could cancel pre-order and go elsewhere and do business.[/QUOTE]

I tried that but got a fake response. How did you guys catagorize your emails?

[quote name='confoosious']what the hell are you guys trying to do? Amazon doesn't price match.[/QUOTE]

They will if you ask correctly and/or get lucky. lol

[quote name='labelmeoriginal']They will if you ask correctly and/or get lucky. lol[/QUOTE]

yeah, harassing Amazon CSRs aren't my cup of tea.

I do like to submit a better price though.

Confoosious...Who said harassing??? You simply submit the lower price by email and they either match it or not. It's not very complicated and nothing negatively done. The worst case scenario is that they say no and you order from TRU.com or elsewhere. Also, you can even exercise your right to pay full MSRP if you want to. Just sayin!

Hello,

With the exception of TVs, Amazon doesn't offer a price match guarantee. We do consistently work toward maintaining competitive prices on everything we carry. Because the marketplace is constantly changing and we strive to offer the lowest price, you'll see some fluctuations in our prices over time.

However, I see that our website offers some Special Offers and Product Promotions on this item. For your reference here are the details:

* Order "Madden NFL 12" for Xbox 360 and receive a $20 promotional credit toward the purchase of items shipped and sold by Amazon.com (certain exclusions apply, including Kindle books, MP3s, and video rentals and downloads). The promotional credit will be added directly to your Amazon.com account within two days after your order ships. Offer valid when shipped and sold by Amazon.com. Please visit below link to see under the Special Offers and Product Promotions section:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B003O6EAM6

* Pre-order Price Guarantee! Order now and if the Amazon.com price decreases between your order time and the end of the day of the release date, you'll receive the lowest price. Here's how (restrictions apply)

However, you can let us know about a lower price by clicking the "tell us about a lower price" link in the Product Details section of any product page.

I'm not able to speak to the reasons you may have received a refund for a similar situation in the past. At this point, we don't match prices or give refunds for price changes when the item has already been shipped.

If you'd rather cancel your order, I understand. To cancel your order, go to the URL below and click the "Need to cancel an item?" button:

Remember that we will not charge your credit card until your package is shipped.

I recognize you have a choice of retailers and appreciate that you order from us. We would certainly be sorry to lose your business, and do hope you'll consider us for your future shopping needs.

I'm sorry I don't have better news for you; this is our policy at this time. We won't be able to comment on this issue further.

Copy of an email they sent me

[quote name='intent']The game doesn't look like it'll be that much of an improvement over last year's.[/QUOTE]
It's Madden, if you're not aware of this there's something wrong with you.

[quote name='confoosious']yeah, harassing Amazon CSRs aren't my cup of tea.

I do like to submit a better price though.[/QUOTE]

There's been a decent success rate involving those who sent an e-mail with the Toys 'R Us link and they've had their order price-matched. Since when is e-mailing customer support considered harassment?

[quote name='Goodfella2487']It's Madden, if you're not aware of this there's something wrong with you.[/QUOTE]
I'd usually side with you on this one, but the new tackling engine makes a big difference in my opinion.

Gave the price match a shot in an email and let them know about the lower price through their link. Maybe I'll get lucky.

What's this NHL 12 for $40 deal people are talking about (although that may have been on another forum). Doesn't matter much, I don't get the hockey game every year and 11 is still treating me well.

[quote name='lostfan']Gave the price match a shot in an email and let them know about the lower price through their link. Maybe I'll get lucky.

What's this NHL 12 for $40 deal people are talking about (although that may have been on another forum). Doesn't matter much, I don't get the hockey game every year and 11 is still treating me well.[/QUOTE]

When you preorder Madden from Amazon you get a $20 credit towards a future purchase, you'd use that to get NHL 12 for $40.

Do the prices like this usually hold? Is there some way to PM this at BB ahead of time (I'm assuming that there is no way to PM ahead of time, but hopefully it holds and it can be PM'd at BB at time of purchase).

Am I correct in assuming that if I pre-order using promo credit/gift card balance that I won't lose either if this doesn't work and I decide to cancel the order?

[quote name='DTA']Am I correct in assuming that if I pre-order using promo credit/gift card balance that I won't lose either if this doesn't work and I decide to cancel the order?[/QUOTE]

Excellent question. I paid by $20 promo code and $39.99 gift card (which has already been removed from my gift card balance even though it hasn't shipped). I wrote Amazon late last night and this was in my inbox this morning:

Hello,

Whenever you pre order video game, the price we charge when we ship it to you will be the lowest price offered by Amazon.com between the time you placed your order and the release date.

If the price changes before the item ships, you'll see the updated price in Your Account. If the price changes after your shipment is already being prepared, you'll receive a refund within 24 - 48 hours of the release date.

we don't honor prices or savings posted on other websites. You can visit our pricing policies in our Help pages to read more:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=468502

However, I've issued you a $15.00 promotional certificate, which you can use the next time you order an item shipped and sold by Amazon.com.

You'll see your available promotional balance at checkout--this amount will be applied to your next qualifying order automatically without entering a claim code. Your promotional balance doesn't appear in Your Account but will always display when you place an order. For more information about using your promotional certificate, including the terms and conditions for using the certificate, visit our Help pages:

My question is like yours. If I cancel my preorder and preorder again, will I get $35 in promo code or will I have lost my $20 promo code which is one use only and seeing as they are showing my price of Madden 12 as $39.99 (because of the promo code) I'm guessing its been used.

Probably not worth the gamble, its not like I'm done shopping at Amazon or anything anyway. Wish it was easier to see that you had promo codes to verify they are there.

Interesting some got $15 off the price, some got nothing and I got a $15 promo code (which I haven't seen mentioned yet). Wonder if that's because of my $20 promo code already applied makes the price look cheaper than $44.99 so matching it would raise it?

Either way, I'm not complaining, this thread saved me some future money!

Thanks.

has anyone tried this?

preorder it on amazon. then contact amazon about price matching from toyrus..and get the applied discount??

i got the same email as the dude above with the $15 promo for later.

Hey guy above, here is what you do. Just submit a new order for madden 12, and the promo will be available to use. and you still get the $20 for later!!!!!

SWEET!!

i got it from amazon after emailing them a few times, asking to get a adjustment. so I ended up getting one, and with the $20 promo for later im pretty happy

bread's done
Back