Madden 12 League - Official Fantasy CAG League Week 9 Live , Deadline is Friday

[quote name='Mr Grand Cru']I know the seahawks owner , I will tell him to post and I am friends with Man 2008 too lpv he will be home shortly[/QUOTE]

I'd love to play this game tonight if possible, so if you can talk to him and tell him to PM me or send me an X-Box live message (murdamodelv), please do. I can play anytime after 7:40 PM EST.

(I am just going to use EST for now on because it seems like most of you are in that time zone, and the whole addition and subtraction can be tough for some.)

Also, I am interested in aquiring some 80ish CB's and would like to trade draft picks for them.

Any interest?

[quote name='LVPatriots']Also, I am interested in aquiring some 80ish CB's and would like to trade draft picks for them.

Any interest?[/QUOTE]

I will tell Man2008 to message you and I will look at your team today and try to see if there is something you could send me for Charles Woodson.

[quote name='LVPatriots']Also, I am interested in aquiring some 80ish CB's and would like to trade draft picks for them.

Any interest?[/QUOTE]

if only I had an 80 corner

[quote name='BSETI50']if only I had an 80 corner[/QUOTE]

You got Beanie Wells brah, no worries. Everyone knows you can trade him and Mark Ingram for any player in the league.

[quote name='LVPatriots']You got Beanie Wells brah, no worries. Everyone knows you can trade him and Mark Ingram for any player in the league. [/QUOTE]

Except jimmy smith....right cru

I'm hoping to get my game with Caggrenade in tonight but i had got online literally 2 mins after he signed off. I'll be online for a few more hours so hopefully, he comes around.

Eagles Trade Block

Available
Brandon Flowers - CB 26 91OVR A pot
Johnathan Joseph - CB 28 89OVR A (I think)

Want
Elite WRs
Elite Safety
Draft Picks

Other
More willing to move Flowers than Joseph. Packages deals will get preference over 1 for 1 deals.

Looking to trade Stephen Jackson and stacked Full Back Vonte Leach, for a good DT a HB in return, and a good looking Offensive lineman (C,G,)also i am willing to part with any of my 80 (+) cornerbacks.

[quote name='Mr Grand Cru']I will send you Charles Woodson and a 3rd Draft pick for Brandon Flowers ?[/QUOTE]

Never gunna happen. Ive already got Champ..dont need another grandpa

Nick Collins with a 4 INT game to put him in a 3 way tie for the league lead with Tracy Porter (also a Carolina Panther) and Darrelle Revis...all sit at 5 INTs on the season

[quote name='Og whitewidow']Looking to trade Stephen Jackson and stacked Full Back Vonte Leach, for a good DT a HB in return, and a good looking Offensive lineman (C,G,)also i am willing to part with any of my 80 (+) cornerbacks.[/QUOTE]

I might be interested in SJax. No real interest in Leach unless you want Hester back in the deal. I believe I have the DT and HB (Bush) you may be looking for in return. And I have some decent OL depth.

I'll be the real life Rams if I pull that one off. Young QB, no good WRs and an aging beast at RB. Maybe this will take some pressure off Gabbert though. :/

I like how this happens like once every Madden thread.

I didn't mention this earlier because I only was browsing briefly at work, but interesting to see all the journalism majors in here. I was once...long ago... one myself. Now I'm in advertising, go figure.

Indeed, we do this every year it seems.

I too am 26, and I believe it's always ended up that a surprisingly large number of us are exactly that age. :D

Falcons win over Mog's Buccaneers in one hell of a game.

27-21 Falcons in OT

Atlanta quickly jumped out to a 10-0 but Tampa made the necessary adjustments for the rest of the half. Tampa Bay drove down the field to make it 10-7, then got the ball back again after an Atlanta 3 and out from inside the 10.

Tampa Bay's Ricky Stanzi threw a deep bomb on the first play to Leonard Hankerson to make it 14-10 at the half.

In the fourth with four minutes to go, Atlanta's Josh Freeman was sacked and fumbled which was returned by CB Davon House to make it 21-10 Bucs.

Atlanta went into the hurry up offense and drove down the field quickly. However, they were stuffed on four consecutive plays from inside the Buccaneer three yard line.

They didn't quit though, on a 3rd and 6 from the four, Stanzi threw a costly pick to Brent Grimes who returned it to the six yard line. Atlanta quickly punched it in on a Chris Johnson dive.

With 2 timeouts, the score 21-18, and 1:30 remaining, Atlanta kicked a surprise onside kick and recovered. With how they had been stuffing the Bucs in the fourth, they could have also elected to play defense and stop the clock, but Coach Mike Smith wanted to ride on the momentum.

They marched down the field again and kicked the game tying field goal to send it to overtime.

Atlanta won the toss and quickly converted a first down as overtime began. On the very next play, Freeman threw a post to Hakeem Nicks who took it all the way for the score and the victory.

Great game.

Titans had a miserable first half but were able to win the game with a field goal with 3 seconds left.

[quote name='GpNinja']Me and tan are tied 21-21 left with 1:09[/QUOTE]

I should have just ran that game into OT my passing yards were insane tho -11:cry:

Im 23

The Bengals Vs. The 49ers was a good game. I believe it was 10-10 at half and it was still 10-10 with 25 seconds left in the fourth, Bengals have the ball on their own 20, VY throws a pick onto the 50, Jason Witten finally gets open and catches the ball on the 5, 49ers call timeout with 1 second left, FG. Game.

Bengal 10

49ers 13

[quote name='LVPatriots']Im 23
[/QUOTE]

This one makes me feel the oldest. :D

I still haven't heard word one from the Seahawks. Cru, I thought you were going to ask him to stop by CAG?

This was just mentioned in the CAGFL2 forum

We should definately all be trying to plan our games before we even advance. It seems like a lot of us have a pretty set schedule, so if we have most of the games set up before we advance, there wont be any of that "can't find my opponent, can you call him or contact him" stuff. Or atleast there will be less.

Since we are getting into full swing in this franchise,

Do we have a set amount of days per franchise week?

For some reason I thought it was 3, but if we don't we should definately be simming games (or playing a CPU opponent) more actively at the end of the 3 day period.

For those of us who like to play alot, and since were doing more than 1 season, keeping it going at a set, steady pace will be better for the league, I think.

If people know they will get simmed, I hope they will want to arrange the game early, and get it in as soon as possible.

I have had no problems with getting my games in on time, and perhaps since I am finishing my games earlier than everyone else, this is merely an idea spawned by my impatience. But it's worth a conversation.

Any thoughts Cru and Doom?

What if you are trying to get your game setup for 3 days with no response from your opponent, your game gets simmed and you lose the sim game - fair??? people have lives beyond CagFL, I hope - Cru's suggestion of Text Messaging is the best idea I have heard and not sure why no one bit - get with the times kids...

Joining this league is contingent on being willing/able to access CAG and communicate through CAG. Using other methods as a supplement is fine, but anyone who is not willing to communicate through CAG should not be in the league. That's my 2 cents.

Yea that would suck to lose a simmed game and miss the playoffs by a game, I'm down with texting whatever it takes to make the league better and faster I'm for... there should be like a schedule games tab in the online franchise, maybe next year...along with spectator mode

CAG PM is the greatest form available to us - but only if it is linked to your current email address. The ability to check it and respond via CAG mobile is my preferred method. Texting is an alternative for those who are having trouble sending/receiving PMs. You just cannot "quick post" and expect your opponenet to respond and make this a 10000+ page forum full of game requests. The forum is used for trash talking, trades, game issues and to post videos to win a Tron Light Cycles....

[quote name='itlnstln']What if you are trying to get your game setup for 3 days with no response from your opponent, your game gets simmed and you lose the sim game - fair??? people have lives beyond CagFL, I hope - Cru's suggestion of Text Messaging is the best idea I have heard and not sure why no one bit - get with the times kids...[/QUOTE]

I definately suggested that if your opponent can't play, you play the CPU (which is how I assume we do it). We definately can't be waiting for one game to be played and have it stretch to 5-6 days every week. And availability was definately a requirement when joining I thought.

People definately have lives beyond CAG, and the last thing I want in that life is to be getting text message trade offers.

This website is so easy, granted Cru or Doom need to fix the typos on the 1st page, but other than that, check your next few games on X-Box, go to the first page and find there CAG names and PM them.

The whole point of my post was to find away around not being able to contact your opponent for three whole days.

I'm roughly 12 years old, in the body of a 23 year old STUD!

Man I am just not feeling this team at all...it's hard to be excited about your team when 90% have their best days behind them already. I'm gonna be seeing plenty more regression than progression in the off-season. I'm still gonna stick with the league, but with the way we've set up the divisions...I feel like it's gonna take a miracle to beat my opponents with the team I have. I got close with sprice, but I don't see that happening too often. I shoulda seen it coming before the draft when I realized I wouldn't be able to make it, but I didn't realize the CPU would be drafting based on AGE! One of the few bright spots on my team that I was actually excited about are my two beast DEs (Justin Tuck and Darnell Dockett - 94 and 89 OVR) who have a combined 0 sacks in 3 games...and don't seem to ever get any pressure on the QB. I throw plenty of blitzes and I feel like I have decent enough DTs where I'm giving them plenty of opportunities to get to the QB, but it just ain't happenin!

Onto trade talk...I'm looking to trade Colt McCoy (77 OVR, 24/25 years old?, A potential) for an Andy Dalton/Ryan Mallett/Jake Locker/Blaine Gabbert/Christian Ponder/Kaepernick...basically any QB from the first couple rounds of the last NFL draft. Also taking offers on Vernon Davis. I'd need a downgrade in TE (80+ speed preferred) as well as a draft pick or another promising player.

I have an enterprise provided cell phone, it isn't a number I can give to some random person on the Internet. I agree with BV -use PMs.

Yeah, if people want to give out their cell #, go ahead. I don't. It's a CAG league, it says it right there in both thread titles. If you can't be bothered to use CAG (which is free and painless to use), you shouldn't be in the league. End of story.

what is the rule on the kickoff surprise onside kick?
I had a game with Doomtime last and it was a good game. But there was 1:31 left in the game and Doom is down 3 with all three timeouts instead of kicking the onside kick he kicks the surprise onside kick which I feel like is bs. If Doom was going for the onside kick I feel as though he should of kick a regular onside kick instead of that.

[quote name='LVPatriots']This was just mentioned in the CAGFL2 forum

We should definately all be trying to plan our games before we even advance. It seems like a lot of us have a pretty set schedule, so if we have most of the games set up before we advance, there wont be any of that "can't find my opponent, can you call him or contact him" stuff. Or atleast there will be less.

Since we are getting into full swing in this franchise,

Do we have a set amount of days per franchise week?

For some reason I thought it was 3, but if we don't we should definately be simming games (or playing a CPU opponent) more actively at the end of the 3 day period.

For those of us who like to play alot, and since were doing more than 1 season, keeping it going at a set, steady pace will be better for the league, I think.

If people know they will get simmed, I hope they will want to arrange the game early, and get it in as soon as possible.

I have had no problems with getting my games in on time, and perhaps since I am finishing my games earlier than everyone else, this is merely an idea spawned by my impatience. But it's worth a conversation.

Any thoughts Cru and Doom?
[/QUOTE]

Yeah the pace is moving a little slower then I would like. Deadline is tomorrow evening so we'll see what happens. If the interest for some isn't there, may have to put on the boots.

[quote name='augmog']what is the rule on the kickoff surprise onside kick?
I had a game with Doomtime last and it was a good game. But there was 1:31 left in the game and Doom is down 3 with all three timeouts instead of kicking the onside kick he kicks the surprise onside kick which I feel like is bs. If Doom was going for the onside kick I feel as though he should of kick a regular onside kick instead of that.[/QUOTE]

I could have done a regular kick off as well and just played defense. I just took a chance with the surprise kick. I thought we said that wasn't outlawed?

[quote name='Doomtime']I could have done a regular kick off as well and just played defense. I just took a chance with the surprise kick. I thought we said that wasn't outlawed?[/QUOTE]

The problem is there is no counter to that kick. If I would of selected onside kick return all my players would of been lined up on the right side of the field and you kicked it right down the middle and when I tried to switch to the one up front players i was switched to the deep return man. I feel as this should be banned if you the league banned subbing in a running QB because you can not adjust personal

Well I'd like to hear other opinions then. Only reason I did it was because I thought we all agreed on it, considering it can only be used once per game before it's locked.

I felt like that was the perfect situation to call it. All 3 timeouts and my defense coming off of big play. Either there or right after half time are the perfect places to call that in my opinion.

But let's discuss.

I don't even know how to call it. I'm actually surprised they put the play in the game, but since they did I guess I don't see any reason why it should be banned.

bread's done
Back