Madden 12 League - Official Fantasy CAG League Week 9 Live , Deadline is Friday

[quote name='LVPatriots']Does anyone know the Jaguars owner? I have been trying to get in touch with him via CAG and X-Box and have 0 responces so far.[/QUOTE]

I know him in real life he's moving right now i know he gets on but i don't know why he hasn't responded.

[quote name='GpNinja']I know him in real life he's moving right now i know he gets on but i don't know why he hasn't responded.[/QUOTE]

Is there anyway you could send him a real life message (text?) to know if he needs a sub or not.

Or just let him know that I've sent him messages and am trying to play.

I give my approval...sorry I have been neglecting my duties as Trade Reviewer Extraordinaire, been goin through a bit of a rough patch!! Don't have time to go into much depth on the trade, but it looks ok.

[quote name='MasterAwesome']I give my approval...sorry I have been neglecting my duties as Trade Reviewer Extraordinaire, been goin through a bit of a rough patch!! Don't have time to go into much depth on the trade, but it looks ok.[/QUOTE]

Thanks that helps out too. I don't think Cru will have an issue either. Bseti, you guys can go ahead and do the swap when you get a chance.

Now would be a great time to decide if we are going to have a trade cap.

By my calculations (under the CAGFL2 trade cap rules) Bseti has used 4 core players and the Giants have used 3.

I think I've already voted for no trade cap in this league, but if there is going to be one, someone should take note of this trade so that no one is asking Bseti for any more trades or asking the Giants for a 1st rounder or a 90+ player.

thanks guys...i forgot MA was the head of all trades shoulda sent him a pm off the bat....btw ingram is only a 79 so if we are going by the core player cap he isnt one right?

[quote name='BSETI50']thanks guys...i forgot MA was the head of all trades shoulda sent him a pm off the bat....btw ingram is only a 79 so if we are going by the core player cap he isnt one right?[/QUOTE]

Nope, 1st rounder = 2 core player. Green 80 Ovr =1 core player. Whoever your 80 OVR LB was = 1 core player.

[quote name='LVPatriots']Now would be a great time to decide if we are going to have a trade cap.

By my calculations (under the CAGFL2 trade cap rules) Bseti has used 4 core players and the Giants have used 3.

I think I've already voted for no trade cap in this league, but if there is going to be one, someone should take note of this trade so that no one is asking Bseti for any more trades or asking the Giants for a 1st rounder or a 90+ player.[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure they've already said there won't be one. The purpose of the trade cap in the other league is to keep the core teams pretty much intact. We don't have that concern here obviously, so it's open season.

What we do need to decide is if we're going to go with my relegation idea.

[quote name='bvharris']
What we do need to decide is if we're going to go with my relegation idea.[/QUOTE]

My vote is yes. Of course I'm getting destroyed because I drafted a bad team lol.

[quote name='staticz']My vote is yes. Of course I'm getting destroyed because I drafted a bad team lol.[/QUOTE]

I don't personally have any desire to be relegated, in fact I'd think it would give people in the NFC an added benefit to try hard and avoid that fate. I think the best reason to do it is for the really good players in the AFC who were put there because we didn't know their skill level (my brother and his friends for example), but who deserve a chance at playing the top competition regularly.

I'm fine with the relegation idea I suppose...although part of the reason why I wanted the Vikings is cause of their domed stadium. I would hope that I'm not part of the bottom 4 in the conference this season though lol, so I dunno if it'll even end up affecting me. It sounds like a good idea to keep things competitive though.

[quote name='MasterAwesome']although part of the reason why I wanted the Vikings is cause of their domed stadium. /QUOTE]

I liked the uniforms. Though the dome doesn't hurt either. :D

There's only one winless team in the NFC right now, so I think it would add a really cool dynamic to the end-of-season calculations.

Hey sending a whole team and organization to a entirely new city and stadium worked for the Ravens.

Not so great for the Browns I guess.

[quote name='Og whitewidow']How can this go through....[/QUOTE]

Widdow, quit hating. It's done and through with. You can bitch at Borseti all you want, forever.

The 1st rounder played a big part in the deal, so leaving that out of your criticism makes the trade sound a lot worse.

How would it specifically work? Bottom 4 teams in the NFC go to the top conference in the AFC and everyone else shifts down in the AFC, and the 4 AFC teams going to the NFC go to the bottom conference, and the remaining teams fill out the higher NFC conferences?

[quote name='Og whitewidow']Now i have to play a stacked 4-3....Colts may need a new owner lol.....[/QUOTE]

Sounding like a Ho, like you really wanted to face Brady throwing to A.J Green all day.

Just admit you wanted Wilfork for yourself and move on.

[quote name='gbpackers94']How would it specifically work? Bottom 4 teams in the NFC go to the top conference in the AFC and everyone else shifts down in the AFC, and the 4 AFC teams going to the NFC go to the bottom conference, and the remaining teams fill out the higher NFC conferences?[/QUOTE]

I think that would involve too many moving parts. I was just thinking you'd swap the Bottom 4 NFC teams directly with the Top 4 AFC teams, regardless of what division they're in. As for which teams switched with which beyond that, we can figure that out.

[quote name='Og whitewidow']all day a.j. cant catch for shit in traffic, now he has a bigger target LLoyd.[/QUOTE]

Regardless, the trade went through all of the appropriate people and has been up for discussion for a few days now.

To come on the forum a few hours after it gets approved and make a case against the trade just because your playing Borseti next makes no sense.

[quote name='Og whitewidow']Two pro bowlers for a young lineman and two rookies come on now.[/QUOTE]

You know this is Madden right? This isn't the NFL...you seem to look at trades EXTREMELY superficially. Wilfork is a big acquisition, but Lloyd and Green will most likely be roughly the same after 1 season, with Green having the much bigger upside. Ingram will probably be mid to high 80's (he became an 88 OVR in season 2 in 2 online franchises I'm in) and is an obvious franchise back in this game. Connor is a solid young MLB who can pretty much start for any team out there. Then there's that 1st round pick which you conveniently overlooked as well. You're looking at 4 starters vs. 2 starters (in season 2 and above). Wilfork is a beast no doubt, but that's what you do with top players...you trade them for 2-3 solid players so you can address multiple holes on your team. You don't seem to look at the big picture when it comes to trades...I mean, really..."two pro bowlers for a young lineman and two rookies"?? That's your analysis on the trade? We're talking the #1 receiver taken 3rd overall in the 2011 draft as well as the Heisman winner and #1 back taken. And these are simply "rookies" to you. No doubt they're both gonna be huge stars in this league. The only reason I don't think this is hugely lop-sided favoring the guy getting Green/Ingram, etc....is cause unfortunately fantasy franchises don't typically have the highest longevity so I'm assuming we'll maybe only get through a few seasons so these young players might not quite hit their peak yet.

Well there ya go...I guess I did give a little of my own analysis after all.

Wilfork for AJ green and Ingram and a pick is suitable in my eyes. How can you put a price tag on one of the most consistent DT in the game?

[quote name='Og whitewidow']Hating...you just got a 99 spec catch receiver, and a multi-pro bowl DT, for pennies homie, ridiculous trade.[/QUOTE]

As opposed to a 95 spec catch receiver? And do you realize that Green and Lloyd have the same exact catch-in-traffic rating?? Seriously man do your homework before you complain about these trades.

[quote name='Og whitewidow']Hating...you just got a 99 spec catch receiver, and a multi-pro bowl DT, for pennies homie, ridiculous trade.[/QUOTE]

I hope you didn't read MastaAwesome's post before you wrote this.

Otherwise your post might seem foolish

Bseti gained overall the number 2, and #6 player on his team, i understand that Ingram and Green, and Connor will evolve, im just stating that as of right now Bseti got a steal of a deal.

[quote name='Og whitewidow']Its a different game in the big leagues, you can't bring college statistics into a grown mans game. Look at Reggie Bush.[/QUOTE]

So how do the Madden developers give players ratings if not for their college statistics? You don't think the Madden developers look at AJ Green's statistics and position in the draft and think "hmm maybe we should make this guy pretty good!!" and give him an extremely high potential and great attributes because of that? Reggie Bush is still a solid Madden player despite his shortcomings in the NFL...I'm still not so sure if you think this is a real NFL trade announced today that we're discussing or if you do in fact realize this is Madden. Obviously this trade would make no sense in the real NFL...

Ughh I gotta leave so I don't have time to even go into what you just said....but I really think you are delusional about the line between Madden and real NFL.

[quote name='Og whitewidow']If the league is based around playing and managing as if you were an NFL coach, then....thank you.[/QUOTE]

When I read MA's comment on it not happening in the NFL I knew it was gonna open a whole case of Widdow Worms....

Dude, I'm sure we will debate this in a party tonight, but the trade WENT THROUGH!!!

Everyone had DAYS to voice there opinion on it. And Bseti told you it was going on.

So if your right or wrong (who cares?), it is most definately way too late to be voicing your concerns on the forum and expecting results.

Yea dude ur outta control simmer dowwn before u have a stroke over this trade...so you disagree with it that's ur opinion...honestly as long as the twwo sides agree and the league office approves, no1 really gives a shit what u think about it

[quote name='Og whitewidow']and had the #1 overall pick in draft....Brady[/QUOTE]

YOU MAaaaD???? (Camron Voice)

Draft Order was completely random, and if this wasn't a Bseti trade it would never be on your radar and you wouldn't care.

Everyone can trade buddy, now go out there and aquire your 2 "top" players and give up a ton of prospects and your first round draft pick.

If this trade was so ridiculous, go make a ridiculous trade of your own and see if it goes through.

Til then, whats the point of talking about this on the forum?

He doesn't get it....I'm new to the league but id imagine its perfectly fine for any team to offer any trade to anyone...whether they accept or not that's up to them, after that the commishs (doom n cru) and head of trades dude (MA) take a look at it and gather opinions, as long as the general consensus is that the trade is aright then they'll approve it. They're not gonna let someone stack up a team somehow thru trades, but they're also not gonna stand in the way of teams making tough decisions.

Like MA said its madden lighten up....I'm not scott pioli, I'm just a dude playin madden

Hey I know I have been MIA this week, I will make a few post tomorrow , and also wikify the front page tomorrow so that MasterAwesome can update the trade page.

Still no word from Sprice. I don't lknow if he doesn't check PMs, but can someone let him know I'm likely around all day Saturday. Maybe tomorrow too in the early evening, not sure.

Caggrenade, wow, can't handle the shitfest.....he needs to get booted, not respectable going for 4th in 10 on his 30, with 20 seconds left at half.

Bengals 38 Jaguars 0

I don't really know what CagGrenades deal was this game. He recieved and started with a great drive but got stopped on my 50. I got the ball back and Ray Ray ran for a 75 yard rush on my first play and I scored soon after.

I think Grenade might have been frustrated with the way my defense was handling his recievers, after that first drive they stayed covered and he ended up giving up a few INT's in his own territory.

When it was 24 - 0 at the end of the second half he got the ball back

(my only comment on his post about my clock management is to say that anyone who is playing offense inside their opponents 20, within the 2 minutes after the 2 minute warning, and doesn't try and score a TD with his opponent having as little time possible left is flawed in their reasoning, it was only 17-0 and I have never played him. I will give him 30 seconds left over 1:30 all day everyday)

Anyways, he got the ball and on 4th and 10 (on his 30) with 17 seconds left. HE WENT FOR IT. He threw a pass, when his recievers wer getting shut down. In that situation.

I didn't even score when I got the ball on his 30, i got sacked and threw a pick to his 5.

In the second half my defense remained dominant and my offense put up 14 more points (mostly running with a few passes; always after I returned a punt between his and my 40).

When it was 38-0 and he went three and out i got the ball back, and Grenade quit the game (My message said: your opponent has quit, (do you want to count the game?)). and I counted it.

Everyone gets frustrated now and then, and I hold no grudge after this game. I hope that Grenade feels the same way. (He's got one hell of a team).

bread's done
Back