Madden 13 Official CAG League - On Hiatus. See you in August for Madden 25!

Final call for interest in Champ. I've got a few very compelling offers I'm weighing, and I don't want to string people along any longer than necessary. I'm hoping to make a decision tonight or tomorrow at the latest.

[quote name='ubernes']I guess I better sign him then.

Champ, Revis, Joseph. No one is going to pass on that team![/QUOTE]

That sounds good if I could find a way to get all them in 49ers Jerseys lol

[quote name='ubernes']I was just telling BV, if I'm in the NFC and in line to make the playoffs then I'm definitely making a play for Champ in case I met the Lions.[/QUOTE]

lol its gonna be a complete diff story untill i.get locker up.to.par with accuracy but i appreciate the compliment

[quote name='sprice8688']lol its gonna be a complete diff story untill i.get locker up.to.par with accuracy but i appreciate the compliment[/QUOTE]

He didn't seem to have too much trouble last week. :D

I know sprice is trying to downplay Locker and create a fake sense of turmoil in Detroit. I wont Fall for it , but I may start doing the same thing lol

Trade Alert

Jets receive:
FS Kerry Rhodes (86 OVR)
2013-3.85, 2014-4.71, 2015-5.85
Key Stats: 78 man, 83 zone, 75 tackle, 80 hit power, 84 speed

Cardinals receive:
FS Robbins (64 OVR) + 3rd Round Pick
2013-Min rookie contract
Key Stats: 73 block shed, 69 zone, 70 tackle, 83 hit pow, 93 speed

Welcome back, Kerry! Fixing up my safety problem finally and making that secondary just a little bit better. I really liked Robbins and he was great find for me, but I'm simply not the guy to user him with any regularity. Rhodes does a little bit of everything, so while he's not the speedy hitter I'm missing with Landry, he can still smack some WRs around while playing good zone coverage.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Mr Grand Cru']I know sprice is trying to downplay Locker and create a fake sense of turmoil in Detroit. I wont Fall for it , but I may start doing the same thing lol[/QUOTE]

It might work better if he were allowed to play his games in secret. Unfortunately we can all see the box scores too. :lol:

[quote name='bvharris']It might work better if he were allowed to play his games in secret. Unfortunately we can all see the box scores too. :lol:[/QUOTE]

actually if u look back.at my game stats i babied locker... the game with zurzo was neck.and neck untill about.4 min left in the 4th... im.sure cj had twice as many carries as best ever got... i do plan on opening up my passing but zurzo users so i did.play a lil scared

I'm not usually one to weigh in on trades that have nothing to do with me. But that Kerry Rhodes trade is nonsense.

Jets are getting a great safety for nothing.

[quote name='LVPatriots']I'm not usually one to weigh in on trades that have nothing to do with me. But that Kerry Rhodes trade is nonsense.

Jets are getting a great safety for nothing.[/QUOTE]

Disagree. If you user Robbins, he's better than Kerry in the stats you want him to be better at (speed, tackle, hit power, maybe catch--have to check that one). Awareness/zone don't mean anything if you use the player yourself. Not saying we should completely discredit Rhodes and what he's better at BUT Robbins is no slouch and a (likely) early 3rd rounder is pretty good as I certainly learned this year. My 3rd rounder starts for me now. Just my two cents.

Edit: Yup, beats him in catch too. 68 vs 58. I'm going off Rhode's original M13 rating, but it's probably close to that.

Rhodes is such a great safety that I got one entire offer for him, despite posting that he's on my trade block and making sure people knew he was available. Eventually, if there's a player your not a fan of you have to take from the offers your getting.

[quote name='ubernes']Disagree. If you user Robbins, he's better than Kerry in the stats you want him to be better at (speed, tackle, hit power, maybe catch--have to check that one). Awareness/zone don't mean anything if you use the player yourself. Not saying we should completely discredit Rhodes and what he's better at BUT Robbins is no slouch and a (likely) early 3rd rounder is pretty good as I certainly learned this year. My 3rd rounder starts for me now. Just my two cents.

Edit: Yup, beats him in catch too. 68 vs 58. I'm going off Rhode's original M13 rating, but it's probably close to that.[/QUOTE]

i have to agree because i user my ss and i love that speed and hit power :) even though mine is only a 85 speed his hit power is in the 90 and my FS 87 speed and 94 hit power and i love usering both of them.

[quote name='LVPatriots']I probably would have kept Vick if I knew I could get an All-Pro safety for a rookie and a hand job.[/QUOTE]

Not sure how it relates to Vick, but all you had to do was send a PM. Rhodes was mentioned as available at least twice.

I don't see anything particularly spectacular about Kerry Rhodes. He's a solid player, no doubt, but he's not about to be confused with Ed Reed.

[quote name='bvharris']I don't see anything particularly spectacular about Kerry Rhodes. He's a solid player, no doubt, but he's not about to be confused with Ed Reed.[/QUOTE]

thats what i was thinking i had to go double check his stats cause for a second there i thought he was superman.

[quote name='Hemingway012']i have to agree because i user my ss and i love that speed and hit power :) even though mine is only a 85 speed his hit power is in the 90 and my FS 87 speed and 94 hit power and i love usering both of them.[/QUOTE]

Am I the only one who thought that last sentence read extremely creepy?

[quote name='ubernes']Trade Alert

Jets receive:
FS Kerry Rhodes (86 OVR)
2013-3.85, 2014-4.71, 2015-5.85
Key Stats: 78 man, 83 zone, 75 tackle, 80 hit power, 84 speed

Cardinals receive:
FS Robbins (64 OVR) + 3rd Round Pick
2013-Min rookie contract
Key Stats: 73 block shed, 69 zone, 70 tackle, 83 hit pow, 93 speed

Welcome back, Kerry! Fixing up my safety problem finally and making that secondary just a little bit better. I really liked Robbins and he was great find for me, but I'm simply not the guy to user him with any regularity. Rhodes does a little bit of everything, so while he's not the speedy hitter I'm missing with Landry, he can still smack some WRs around while playing good zone coverage.[/QUOTE]

This is nonsense smh as much as others have giving up for a 86 this cant get approved

[quote name='ubernes']Not sure how it relates to Vick, but all you had to do was send a PM. Rhodes was mentioned as available at least twice.[/QUOTE]

I would have gladly taken Rhodes for such a small price. Instead of giving up Vick for Adrian Wilson.

(doesn't matter really, just saying)

Perhaps I am giving Rhodes to much value since he played great for me in Madden 12.

But i'm sure for anyone who doesn't user there safeties, Rhodes is an excellenbt player, worth more than a third and a rookie who I imagine was drafted later than the third.

[quote name='ubernes']Disagree. If you user Robbins, he's better than Kerry in the stats you want him to be better at (speed, tackle, hit power, maybe catch--have to check that one). Awareness/zone don't mean anything if you use the player yourself. Not saying we should completely discredit Rhodes and what he's better at BUT Robbins is no slouch and a (likely) early 3rd rounder is pretty good as I certainly learned this year. My 3rd rounder starts for me now. Just my two cents.

Edit: Yup, beats him in catch too. 68 vs 58. I'm going off Rhode's original M13 rating, but it's probably close to that.[/QUOTE]

only problam is how u guys grade these trades... i mean on paper no way should that trade pass but as someone who users the safety i completely understand... but u cant wiegh some.trades one way and others diff

But people are just taking overall and running with it. Fact is, he's a 31 year old safety with below average speed and a big contract. He's currently not even playing in most of my formations. It's already been pointed out that for someone he could have value. For me he has none, honestly I'd have traded him straight up for the rookie. He was one trade and needing the cap from being cut.

[quote name='Chetty12']But people are just taking overall and running with it. Fact is, he's a 31 year old safety with below average speed and a big contract. He's currently not even playing in most of my formations. It's already been pointed out that for someone he could have value. For me he has none, honestly I'd have traded him straight up for the rookie. He was one trade and needing the cap from being cut.[/QUOTE]

Troy is 32 and I had to give up a 87, 75, and a 1 just to get a 32 year old player who was getting moved because of cap reasons.

Chetty you should be getting more maybe a 1st or 2nd a 86 for a 64 and a 3rd is crazy

Troy is also almost 10+ in speed, 20+ in catch, 10+ in tackle, 10+ in pursuit, +7 in hit power. Only thing Rhodes is really better at is zone and it's 83 vs 71. Rhodes is a FS... 83 Zone is pretty crappy for a FS.

This is kind of funny because I almost thought the 3rd rounder was too much. I had trouble even saying 'Okay, Robbins + a pick is fine, what's the pick?' When Chetty said 3rd I cringed a bit. I bet if we did blind resumes with Rhodes and Robbins, you guys would have a hard time saying this deal is bad with the 3rd rounder included.

The guy who is averaging more yards per game with Tobias Bray than ray rice is really going to sit here and preach the importance of overalls? You know that guy that you drafted in the 7th round, I'm sure you'd swap him for every 86 overall RB?

[quote name='Chetty12']You continue to point to overalls and it means absolutely nothing to me.[/QUOTE]

Sadly what the trade means to the two teams involved has no impact on if it is fair or not. Otherwise they would all pass!

[quote name='LVPatriots']Sadly what the trade means to the two teams involved has no impact on if it is fair or not. Otherwise they would all pass![/QUOTE]

Except in the rules, it states each trade is unique and that's the exact purpose of a trade committee to take multiple factors into consideration. In this one there's player preference, age, cap dump, receiving a draft pick all in my favor. This is up to the committee and not everyone else in the thread, I've posted my reasoning and frankly i dont care anymore. Once again, if Rhodes is so great and such a hot commodity then why did I receive a total of 1 offer?

[quote name='Chetty12']You continue to point to overalls and it means absolutely nothing to me.[/QUOTE]
even tho it doesnt matter to u it messes up the bal of.trades... regardless his skill set if hes let go for a 3rd and a 64 ovr the nate washington trade.should.have passed for fourth rd pick and so on..

Since the trade committee will likely be looking for this info soon I'll put the effort in and post it here.

Kerry Rhodes
84 Speed, 87 Acc, 87 Aware, 58 Catch, 75 Tackle, 89 Jump, 69 Block Shed, 85 Pursuit, 86 Play Rec, 83 Zone, 80 Hit Pow

Marquise Robbins
93 Speed, 90 Acc, 20 Aware, 68 Catch, 70 Tackle, 80 Jump, 73 Block Shed, 69 Pursuit, 48 Play Rec, 69 Zone, 83 Hit Pow

3rd Rounder
Jets' 3rd round pick from last year: RT Jeff Ross (83 overall)

[quote name='sprice8688']even tho it doesnt matter to u it messes up the bal of.trades... regardless his skill set if hes let go for a 3rd and a 64 ovr the nate washington trade.should.have passed for fourth rd pick and so on..[/QUOTE]

This isn't ment as a knock against you or maug, but its painful to listen to either of you speak of the importance of overall. How many nameless, faceless DB's do you have leading the league in interceptions last year? Once again, not as a knock but you as well as anyone should realize the unimportance of overall. The only reason that safety is a 64 is his awareness which is a 20, and we all know how useless awareness is on a user controlled player.

[quote name='Cool_iAM']Still no word from darth[/QUOTE]

Good example of why you shouldn't wait for the last day to try and set up a game.

Perhaps uber can get a hold of him for you.

[quote name='bvharris']Good example of why you shouldn't wait for the last day to try and set up a game.

Perhaps uber can get a hold of him for you.[/QUOTE]

Texted him. He was in here yesterday, but yeah, not sure why you guys waited for that trade. Especially since I think the Niners already played their game making it not possible to get through this week anyway.

has there been a round about time that we plan to advance MA and I would like to try our game pending the time we advance

[quote name='augmog']This is nonsense smh as much as others have giving up for a 86 this cant get approved[/QUOTE]

It can and will be passed if the trade Committee deems it fair. Lovely thing, that.

[quote name='Chetty12']The guy who is averaging more yards per game with Tobias Bray than ray rice is really going to sit here and preach the importance of overalls? You know that guy that you drafted in the 7th round, I'm sure you'd swap him for every 86 overall RB?[/QUOTE]

I call different plays for bray because bray cannot do what rice can. i didnt draft him i signed him in FA

but like sprice is saying other trades have been declined that are very similar to this nature the system has a problem.

[quote name='siradam134']It can and will be passed if the trade Committee deems it fair. Lovely thing, that.[/QUOTE]

so y was the nate washington trade deemed unfair

[quote name='augmog']
but like sprice is saying other trades have been declined that are very similar to this nature the system has a problem.[/QUOTE]

The trade hasn't fucking been approved yet.

The only thing with a problem here is your critical thinking skills.

[quote name='bvharris']The trade hasn't fucking been approved yet.

The only thing with a problem here is your critical thinking skills.[/QUOTE]

if it does get approved its bs. but thats my opinion yall got it lls

[quote name='augmog']if it does get approved its bs. but thats my opinion yall got it lls[/QUOTE]

We do "got it."

We approve the trades that are fair. We reject the ones that aren't. It's not magic.

If/when this trade gets rejected, your little hissy fit is going to look even sillier than it does already.

[quote name='Chetty12']This isn't ment as a knock against you or maug, but its painful to listen to either of you speak of the importance of overall. How many nameless, faceless DB's do you have leading the league in interceptions last year? Once again, not as a knock but you as well as anyone should realize the unimportance of overall. The only reason that safety is a 64 is his awareness which is a 20, and we all know how useless awareness is on a user controlled player.[/QUOTE]

its not a knock I totally agree with what your saying. but other trades were declined because of overalls is what im saying

[quote name='bvharris']Good example of why you shouldn't wait for the last day to try and set up a game.

Perhaps uber can get a hold of him for you.[/QUOTE]

I didn't wait the last day to try to set up.. I hit him up asking when he was available, again assuming he was waiting on his trade, and then today letting him kno it was approved and asking his availability. He could of at least respond

But thanks I'd appreciate it

[quote name='bvharris']We do "got it."

We approve the trades that are fair. We reject the ones that aren't. It's not magic.

If/when this trade gets rejected, your little hissy fit is going to look even sillier than it does already.[/QUOTE]

BV its not a hissy fit and i could care less I was giving a opinion which i think i am allowed to do right????

ima stay of the thread and just play my games for now on because i dont want to get in trouble

[quote name='DVO21']has there been a round about time that we plan to advance MA and I would like to try our game pending the time we advance[/QUOTE]

think this got over looked in the heated battle of words

[quote name='augmog']I call different plays for bray because bray cannot do what rice can. i didnt draft him i signed him in FA

but like sprice is saying other trades have been declined that are very similar to this nature the system has a problem.[/QUOTE]

I thought he was undrafted but the game says he was drafted. Weird.

bread's done
Back