Madden 13 Official CAG League - On Hiatus. See you in August for Madden 25!

[quote name='MasterAwesome']No designated time yet...it'd have to be like 7 or 8 p.m. EST at the earliest though cause I have to work :( I just PMed him though seeing if he can play tonight or tomorrow afternoon, so maybe we can get it in earlier......??!???![/QUOTE]

cool i was jw so i could get my next game set up.

[quote name='Doo Mane']Cowboys vs Giants should happen soon just gotta wait for Cowboys to be set on auto[/QUOTE]

Setting Cowboys to Auto Now..Please send me a pm next Time...Honestly with the holiday stuff i havent checked the thread much...

Cheers

[quote name='MasterAwesome']No designated time yet...it'd have to be like 7 or 8 p.m. EST at the earliest though cause I have to work :( I just PMed him though seeing if he can play tonight or tomorrow afternoon, so maybe we can get it in earlier......??!???![/QUOTE]

that app u joined hes in so u guys can communicate directly thru it.. let me kno.if unhave trouble reachin.him

Also...

merrychristmas.jpg

[quote name='bvharris']Eagles 21 - Redskins 17

Never again will I ask LV "hey, how come you never throw?" This has got to be the worst passing attack in the league, especially with DJax out. About the only thing I could get going was the screen game. Cassel threw 4 picks, but thankfully the Eagles D played well enough that it didn't matter. Next time more running. :D

GG man2008![/QUOTE]

Have you seen my receivers? i can guarantee you my passing/receiving core is worse.

[quote name='siradam134']Cowboys @ Giants
Panthers @ Packers

Only games we're waiting on.[/QUOTE]

I mentioned a few days ago in the thread that I traveled home and will be with family (and without an xbox) until the the 2nd-3rd. Sorry if no one saw it. I left earlier then I thought I would so there has been a lot of rushing haha.

Waiting to hear back from Matt about possibly playing this afternoon or late night...I'm going to a Christmas party from like 6 p.m. EST to 12-1 a.m. EST, so before that or SLIGHTLY after that (I have to work tomorrow morning) would work for me.

I just read and responded to your PM. Basically, the time you're going to be at the Christmas party during the time I'll be available to play. :whistle2:/ Didn't see this til after I sent the PM. I did send my number for texting purposes.

Looks like we're playing tomorrow at 8P.M. Eastern. Sorry to those who wanted to advance early, but I was busy earlier with Christmas stuff and MasterAwesome is at his Christmas party now.

Joely has informed me that he's going to be stepping down from the Chargers, so we'll be on the lookout for a new owner. He's said he'll stay on until we can find a replacement though, so whoever plays them next should still contact him.

[quote name='bvharris']Joely has informed me that he's going to be stepping down from the Chargers, so we'll be on the lookout for a new owner. He's said he'll stay on until we can find a replacement though, so whoever plays them next should still contact him.[/QUOTE]

i was talkin to my step bro hed like back in .... ill set up an account and make him get on here... let me kno

[quote name='sprice8688']i was talkin to my step bro hed like back in .... ill set up an account and make him get on here... let me kno[/QUOTE]

Is he the one who had the Bills last year?

[quote name='siradam134']Have you seen my receivers? i can guarantee you my passing/receiving core is worse.[/QUOTE]

The Browns see your challenge and accept

[quote name='Doomtime']Texans-Panthers going down when we advance. I'm expecting plenty of rust.[/QUOTE]

That's what I'm worried about. I haven't even gotten my preseason games in for the other league. Might have to run through a practice.

Just a heads up I have been without power and no telling when it will get turned back on I don't know who I play this week but they might have to play the CPU

anyone know the new bears owner contacted him about our game but havent heard back. i see the team is listed online as open but the thread says they have an owner

[quote name='DVO21']anyone know the new bears owner contacted him about our game but havent heard back. i see the team is listed online as open but the thread says they have an owner[/QUOTE]

They do have a new owner, though I don't know if he's joined up in-game yet. Let me know if you don't hear back from him tomorrow.

[quote name='bvharris']They do have a new owner, though I don't know if he's joined up in-game yet. Let me know if you don't hear back from him tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

will do

Game lagged out in the 4th with the Jets just going up 14-7. Almost quit on us like 6 times so not surprised. Madden was waiting for me to actually go ahead haha.

[quote name='ubernes']Game lagged out in the 4th with the Jets just going up 14-7. Almost quit on us like 6 times so not surprised. Madden was waiting for me to actually go ahead haha.[/QUOTE]

Blade and I had a super laggy game as well, though we managed to make it through. Must be something in the air.

Christmas Hangover Confirmed

Texans Fall to Panthers 24-14

Not much to say here, MA came out with a great gameplan that kept me playing from behind the whole game. Foster never got it going on the ground which gave Rivers plenty of opportunities to make mistakes. 2 picks by Carolina's scrub CB and that was all she wrote.

GG MA

Denver Broncos 31 - Minnesota Vikings 17

Willis McGahee, have yourself an Egg McMuffin. Often in the shadow of his buddy DMC, McGahee had a huge game in this one and carried the Broncos to victory in Minnesota. It was close early, with the Vikings leading at halftime, but the Broncos were able to force a couple of key turnovers and run a ball control offense which gave them the edge in the second half.

Osweiler had a solid game, going 8 of 10 for 171 yards, 0 TDs and 0 INTs. One of those incompletions was a throwaway and the other a drop, so he didn't miss a single receiver all game.

Conley was 12 of 18 for 215 yards, 2 TDs and 2 INT (one a pick six, and the other that would have been if I hadn't dived on it in order to kill the clock).

McGahee carried 12 times for 92 yards and 3 TDs (all in the second half) and was making tacklers miss all game. McFadded added 12 carries of his own for 60.

Turner had 8 carries for 43 for the Vikings, while Best had 8 for 25. Interesting how both teams split their carries right down the middle. :D

Demaryius Thomas lead the Broncos with 2 catches for 74 yards.

Kyle Rudolph, despite being double or triple covered on every play, still caught 7 passes for 122 yards and a score. Jerome Simpson caught 3 for 68 and a TD.

The Broncos got a pick six from Jason McCourty (who continues to rack up the picks as a Bronco). They lost Von Miller for the game (though thankfully not for longer), which hurt, but his backup Quincy Black came on and had a pick of his own.

The Vikings were unable to get to Osweiler or force any turnovers, as the Broncos were very efficient.

---
gg Blade! It's insane how uncoverable some of those TE plays are when I literally know it's coming, have double coverage as well as a zone in the area and he still catches it. At least my coverage tightened up a bit in the second half and I was able to force a few drops.

Broncos move to 7-3-1, and remain right in the thick of the playoff race.

[quote name='ubernes']Well here goes my winning streak. Only in Madden.[/QUOTE]

Down 14-0 in the 2nd and already giving up? Who are you, fero? ;)

[quote name='bvharris']
gg Blade! It's insane how uncoverable some of those TE plays are when I literally know it's coming, have double coverage as well as a zone in the area and he still catches it. At least my coverage tightened up a bit in the second half and I was able to force a few drops.

Broncos move to 7-3-1, and remain right in the thick of the playoff race.[/QUOTE]

Yep those big receiving TEs (Fleener, Rudolph, etc) are hard to stop. I have had trade offers for him, but I felt like the trade committee would undervalue him. What sucked is I felt like none of my corners would stay on your WRs, they just took off and were wide open.

[quote name='Blade3D']What sucked is I felt like none of my corners would stay on your WRs, they just took off and were wide open.[/QUOTE]

Well, you need better corners. ;)

When I scouted your roster before the game my main takeaway was "I should be able to throw." Jackson and Thomas are a pretty good mismatch against anyone but shutdown CBs. My game plan actually called to pass a lot more, but the flow of the game ended up dictating the run, especially with the way McGahee was bouncing off of dudes.

Trust me, it was just as frustrating watching Jerome fricking Simpson repeatedly shake off Joe Haden and his 98 man coverage. :D

Let the record show. I would've won by 4 if we combined the two nearly completed games. Instead of losing by a FG in a restart. GG man, but sorry that's fucking horseshit.

Good game Doom, my 10 awareness rookie CB continues to take the league by storm!!! Leading my team with 9 picks now I think....I don't even switch to him to make any interceptions, I just let him do his thing, jumping routes...no big deal.

Despite ending your undefeated record, my proudest moment was when your LT Duane Brown gave up his first sack of the season to Charles Johnson lol. I was marveling at his '20 Pancakes, 0 sacks allowed' stat line before the game.

[quote name='bvharris']Down 14-0 in the 2nd and already giving up? Who are you, fero? ;)[/QUOTE]

It's hard for me to spot someone 14 points after minutes earlier putting up the go ahead score with minutes to go and my opponent having to drive the length of the field. I'm pretty good at sticking with games but a 21 point swing thanks to lag? Can't do it.

[quote name='MasterAwesome']my 10 awareness rookie CB continues to take the league by storm!!! Leading my team with 9 picks now I think....I don't even switch to him to make any interceptions, I just let him do his thing, jumping routes...no big deal.
[/QUOTE]

Further evidence that awareness needs to go. :D

[quote name='ubernes']It's hard for me to spot someone 14 points after minutes earlier putting up the go ahead score with minutes to go and my opponent having to drive the length of the field. I'm pretty good at sticking with games but a 21 point swing thanks to lag? Can't do it.[/QUOTE]

We've all been there, no doubt it sucks. I still remember my dream start against you which got wiped out by a disconnect, and that was only the 1st quarter. :lol:

I still feel like lag has been getting a lot worse league-wide in season two, we almost never seemed to have issues in the first season but now it seems like it's much worse. I know I've been lagging a lot more as well.

Oh, and I had to play Game 2 without Keller (not sure how long he is out) and I lost a fumble (which I generally attribute to Madden randomness). I will try to stop there.

[quote name='bvharris']Down 14-0 in the 2nd and already giving up? Who are you, fero? ;)[/QUOTE]

[quote name='bvharris']We've all been there, no doubt it sucks. I still remember my dream start against you which got wiped out by a disconnect, and that was only the 1st quarter. :lol: [/QUOTE]

Major difference between 7 or even 7 and the ball (I don't remember your start exactly) with essentially the whole game and countless drives left and 7 points and what would be the final chance to simply tie. I know shit happens and I sure as hell didnt expect to win out but that's a different level of Madden bullshit is all I'm getting at. Especially since it had the nerve to lag ALL GAME and then cut out at that very moment.

It was actually a great back and forth game between the Redskins and Jets. The kickoff return was BS in its own right but I would've shrugged it off IF it was the initial game. As I said, the disconnect, the kick return, just too much Madden bullshittery for me to handle.

Don't mind me. I'll just be seething at Madden until we finally advance on Sunday!

bread's done
Back