Madden 13 Official CAG League - On Hiatus. See you in August for Madden 25!

So just wondering what the policy on this is. Cru schedules are game for 6. Shows up around 6:15 and asked for 10 mins. Which i was fine with. Then comes to me at 6:36 that his internet isnt working. I keep waiting until 6:59 when he says he was ready. Then i dont get any other response until 7:08 saying his controller is dead. Then no response since...

Edit: nvm at 7:25 he sends me a message asking for more time to charge his controller or we can play later...

[quote name='Chetty12']So just wondering what the policy on this is. Cru schedules are game for 6. Shows up around 6:15 and asked for 10 mins. Which i was fine with. Then comes to me at 6:36 that his internet isnt working. I keep waiting until 6:59 when he says he was ready. Then i dont get any other response until 7:08 saying his controller is dead. Then no response since...

Edit: nvm at 7:25 he sends me a message asking for more time to charge his controller or we can play later...[/QUOTE]

What are you asking exactly?

The policy is that it sounds mighty annoying, but it does seem like he's trying to play. Obviously being courteous with other peoples time is always encouraged.

Dolphins over Seahawks 42-0

Dolphins Offense: 134 Passing Yards, 1 TD. / 84 Rushing Yards, 2 TD
Seahawks Offense: 199 Passing Yards / 25 Rushing Yards

Dolphins Defense: 3 Interceptions, 5 Sacks, 3 TD's
Seahawks Defense:1 Sack

Miami Special Teams: Reggie Bush Opening Kick 103 Yards for a TD

4th and 2 on opponents 44 yard line I went for it. I didn't realize I actually won a simmed game last week. As many of you know my receiver core sucks, however , I'm looking to build on it. I went five wide and eye balled Ginn as my guy. My porous o line gives me .25 seconds reaction so I ran for 6 yards picking up the first. My opponent clearly isn't happy and pushes pause to say really. This is frustrating because I was looking to toss why else would I go five wide. At the time it was 2-7 or 8-7 a couple minutes left in the second. I just don't want a firestorm over this. I don't even know if there could be one with a 1-2 win team. I just wanted to put it out there.

[quote name='Appleinthetree']4th and 2 on opponents 44 yard line I went for it. I didn't realize I actually won a simmed game last week. As many of you know my receiver core sucks, however , I'm looking to build on it. I went five wide and eye balled Ginn as my guy. My porous o line gives me .25 seconds reaction so I ran for 6 yards picking up the first. My opponent clearly isn't happy and pushes pause to say really. This is frustrating because I was looking to toss why else would I go five wide. At the time it was 2-7 or 8-7 a couple minutes left in the second. I just don't want a firestorm over this. I don't even know if there could be one with a 1-2 win team. I just wanted to put it out there.[/QUOTE]

My issue was that it seemed quite planned that your whole intention was to run with the QB in a 5 wide set. I have no issue with you going for it when you did but you got the 4th on a very cheap play that is frowned upon by many. That is my issue as I have been told that it is not a play that should ever be used. This is especially true on a critical 4th down early in the game.

Also I have no clue how I got a safety called on me when my defense recovered a fumble your offence committed in my End zone. Still scratching my head on that one.

Other than that one play, I have no issues as you played the game straight up.

[quote name='Appleinthetree']4th and 2 on opponents 44 yard line I went for it. I didn't realize I actually won a simmed game last week. As many of you know my receiver core sucks, however , I'm looking to build on it. I went five wide and eye balled Ginn as my guy. My porous o line gives me .25 seconds reaction so I ran for 6 yards picking up the first. My opponent clearly isn't happy and pushes pause to say really. This is frustrating because I was looking to toss why else would I go five wide. At the time it was 2-7 or 8-7 a couple minutes left in the second. I just don't want a firestorm over this. I don't even know if there could be one with a 1-2 win team. I just wanted to put it out there.[/QUOTE]

I don't think a firestorm is necessary, but I would've been just as annoyed if you'd done that against me. I'd say his frustration there was justified.

[quote name='bvharris']I don't think a firestorm is necessary, but I would've been just as annoyed if you'd done that against me. I'd say his frustration there was justified.[/QUOTE]

I can honestly say I have gone for it on 4th down less than 5 times in the history of playing Madden. I was lookin to throw as my first option. It was my first and only run with luck. It is what it is I guess.

Gg Ubernes... those picks, steven jackson fumble in the redzone, and missed FG off the crossbar killed me.

Props on your run game and run defense.. very well-played

[quote name='dr0ppinL0adz']Gg Ubernes... those picks, steven jackson fumble in the redzone, and missed FG off the crossbar killed me.

Props on your run game and run defense.. very well-played[/QUOTE]

Thanks, man. GG. If things broke your way even slightly, the score would've been much closer. I think I forced 3 redzone turnovers. We both had a fumble, but I recovered mine. And as you said, that long FG miss. Tough breaks, for sure.

And I just noticed BV's Broncos are up next. This could be a huge game in deciding playoff seeding (assuming we both make it). Right now it would decide the #3 seed. Obviously a lot could and will change between now and the end of the season, but at the very least a W here would go a long way in securing our respective divisions.

[quote name='ubernes']And I just noticed BV's Broncos are up next. This could be a huge game in deciding playoff seeding (assuming we both make it). Right now it would decide the #3 seed. Obviously a lot could and will change between now and the end of the season, but at the very least a W here would go a long way in securing our respective divisions.[/QUOTE]

Indeed. Tough matchup for me in this one, I typically have much more success against pass-first teams (as Hemingway just found out), the run-heavy offenses are what has given these Broncos fits. It's interesting because last year with the Pats the exact opposite was true. Hopefully my run D can step it up for this one.

[quote name='bvharris']Indeed. Tough matchup for me in this one, I typically have much more success against pass-first teams (as Hemingway just found out), the run-heavy offenses are what has given these Broncos fits. It's interesting because last year with the Pats the exact opposite was true. Hopefully my run D can step it up for this one.[/QUOTE]

I'm certainly not banking on the same success I had the last time we played. My season tanked right after I beat you then too, so this could be a huge turning point W or L.

[quote name='ubernes']I'm certainly not banking on the same success I had the last time we played. My season tanked right after I beat you then too, so this could be a huge turning point W or L.[/QUOTE]

Well, certainly feel free to see if a loss will have the opposite effect. ;)

[quote name='staticz']Go Jets. I need some help since I started off so poorly.[/QUOTE]

Jets are your competition for a playoff spot too. I think you mean "go tie." That worked out for you last season. ;)

[quote name='bvharris']Jets are your competition for a playoff spot too. I think you mean "go tie." That worked out for you last season. ;)[/QUOTE]

Judging by the standings I'll probably have to win the division to get in.

I'd settle for another tie :lol:

Haha, I was waiting for the Bills and Chiefs to pop in here with their rooting interests. Definitely a lot of the line for them in this game too.

[quote name='bvharris']Well, certainly feel free to see if a loss will have the opposite effect. ;)[/QUOTE]

As I always seem say, if I lose, we'll say I was experimenting with this theory!

[quote name='bvharris']Everyone's sleeping on the Miami Osbornes. :D[/QUOTE]

I know! I tried to bring light to it last page, but Adam didn't see it. He's only a game back from 1st and has the tie breaker over me right now.

[quote name='RamesuThe1']I don't care who the Jets lose to. I just need them to lose.[/QUOTE]
I got another game against him..this one won't be simmed..so ill try to help ya out Ramesu!
-Any one know who the Patriots are playing next week after we advance?

[quote name='ubernes']I know! I tried to bring light to it last page, but Adam didn't see it. He's only a game back from 1st and has the tie breaker over me right now.[/QUOTE]

I'm going to assume he saw it and wants to keep that quiet.

[quote name='staticz']I'm going to assume he saw it and wants to keep that quiet.[/QUOTE]
I also got two games against the Dolphins..so we will see what happens..ive been playing like crap..i should have drafted a half back two years ago.

[quote name='siradam134']Games left:
Ravens vs Chargers
Jaguars vs Lions
Cowboys vs Saints

Any updates on these?[/QUOTE]

I am at work and I am not sure if I will be home tonight. I also have a game scheduled tonight in the other league..

I've been working until 11pm every night so I apologize for the lack of updates.

I wanted to update my availability as I noticed I have nothing on the front page.

Monday to Thursday (After 6:00 PM EST - 9:30 PM EST) Depending on the week, I can't play on a Tuesday or Thursday.
Friday By Appointment after 4:30 PM EST.
Saturday & Sunday by Appointment

[quote name='bvharris']I don't think a firestorm is necessary, but I would've been just as annoyed if you'd done that against me. I'd say his frustration there was justified.[/QUOTE]

The practice of going for it on 4th down and running it with the QB out of a 5 wide set is alright? I just want clarification because than I know it is something I could possibly do if need be.

[quote name='sprice8688']Lions and jags are in talk he said noon I won't be off till 2ish but can play anytime after[/QUOTE]

Yep. I just sent you my updated availability for the day. We should be able to work something out for this afternoon!

[quote name='Mile High Von']The practice of going for it on 4th down and running it with the QB out of a 5 wide set is alright? I just want clarification because than I know it is something I could possibly do if need be.[/QUOTE]

I have always interpreted the rule as you can't send everyone deep and then take off. Depending on the play, there could have been several defenders around.

If it is fourth down and no one is open I'm taking off as well. What did you expect? Him to take a sack and give you the ball of the 50, that would be moronic.

[quote name='Mile High Von']The practice of going for it on 4th down and running it with the QB out of a 5 wide set is alright? I just want clarification because than I know it is something I could possibly do if need be.[/QUOTE]

You're conflating several questions here. Going for it on 4th down is, and always has been, based on the context of the play. I think everyone would agree that the Colts going for it there was fine.

The play call itself is another matter. Here is the rule on QB scrambling:

2d. Running with the QB
Scrambling is allowed. However, you need to do it in a way which is realistic and consistent with how real NFL players do it. Constantly calling 5-wide formations and then scrambling up the middle after the coverage drops is cheese, not strategy. Scrambling should generally either be from designed QB run plays or occur after a play breaks down.

I'm not going to excoriate him for doing it once, even though like I said I would have been annoyed by it as well. I'm willing to take him at his word that it wasn't his aim for the play when he called it, since like he said he almost never runs with Luck. If it became a pattern, for anyone, that would be a problem and at that point a clear violation of the rule.

[quote name='Og whitewidow']I got another game against him..this one won't be simmed..so ill try to help ya out Ramesu!
-Any one know who the Patriots are playing next week after we advance?[/QUOTE]

I really lucked out there. Not necessarily because I think I couldn't have won it, but a sim loss would have really hurt at this point.

Any word on the other two games? Sounds like Cowboys-Saints might be a sim, but I know I saw mog posting about Chargers-Ravens in here yesterday.

[quote name='augmog']I been waiting for a response from the chargers owner.[/QUOTE]

I assume you've PMed him? He's been pretty responsive to PMs from what I've seen.

Wow sprice, what a game! My defense looked awful, but boy did MJD show up. I don't understand how your receivers just flat out "outrun" my cornerbacks. They were wide open, and I have some good corners. Anyway, good game!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Dark Rider']Wow sprice, what a game! My defense looked awful, but boy did MJD show up. I don't understand how your receivers just flat out "outrun" my cornerbacks. They were wide open, and I have some good corners. Anyway, good game![/QUOTE]

Gg... my defense hasn't shown up this yr at all... my 3 wrs are really good 2 have 98 plus release

bread's done
Back