Madden 13 Official CAG League - On Hiatus. See you in August for Madden 25!

[quote name='bvharris']You've not provided a suggestion as to how we would determine a free agent waiver order before anyone has actually played a game. Unless we had that, it's a moot point anyway.

[/QUOTE]

We could go by team overall rating...assuming theres a way for us to see that.

The Free Agency rules are fine. I can tell you Right now that we aren't making a change to them. We've started a season. People (Who have joined) have agreed to those rules whether or not they realize it by joining. Sorry to come off as an ass, but there's entirely too much work done to change it now.

[quote name='siradam134']The Free Agency rules are fine. I can tell you Right now that we aren't making a change to them. We've started a season. People (Who have joined) have agreed to those rules whether or not they realize it by joining. Sorry to come off as an ass, but there's entirely too much work done to change it now.[/QUOTE]

I understand where your coming from but they are rules based off last years madden with no salary cap preseason and preseason rosters of 75 men i think there could be a slight change nothing big

[quote name='RamesuThe1']We could go by team overall rating...assuming theres a way for us to see that.[/QUOTE]

my team is rated a 78 overall lol

[quote name='ubernes']anyone have connection issues yet? I had trouble connecting with Doomtime for a scrim a couple days back but he said he had a new router and we were able to connect after he opened ports/restarted. I had the same issue with BSETI last night too though. The error I get is: "The game session is no longer available" and it just boots me out of the team selection screen before I really get there.

Anyone else run across this? Can I do something on my end? Or did BSETI likely have the same issue as Doom and he needs to simply open ports/restart?[/QUOTE]

This has been happening a lot in NHL 13. Same error message. Usually the only way we can "fix it" is by going back to the dashboard and reloading the game. My guess is it's just EA's shitty servers being sbitty. After all...the games are still in beta mode (ie. first month).

[quote name='augmog']I understand where your coming from but they are rules based off last years madden with no salary cap preseason and preseason rosters of 75 men i think there could be a slight change nothing big[/QUOTE]

The rules were completely re-written from scratch this year, I know because I wrote them. Free Agency in the offseason won't be regulated since the game has a system in place, but during the season we need to keep it the way it is.

The thing is that nobody made sprice cut those guys, everyone who has been in the league knows that there are roster minimums (that's not new this year). If he'd asked before he just started cutting guys, we would have told him the same thing. We can't go changing the rules now just because of that.

[quote name='augmog']But the players he cut want more money than they were getting paid in the first place so he still will be in a cap problem

the preseason shouldnt have a waiver because everyone is tied for first place....but the later free agent openings should have a waiver or order based on records but right now its preseason[/QUOTE]

Why was it necessary for him to cut players in the first place? Seems kinda foolish and now is backfiring. Also, in case you're unaware, free agency in the first season is first come, first served. There's no negotiating. So, as BV asked...how do you determine who gets who?

[quote name='siradam134']The Free Agency rules are fine. I can tell you Right now that we aren't making a change to them. We've started a season. People (Who have joined) have agreed to those rules whether or not they realize it by joining. Sorry to come off as an ass, but there's entirely too much work done to change it now.[/QUOTE]

I understand your point, but this is a community league, correct? Aren't we allowed to propose suggestions and have them objectively weighed on whether they make sense?

I'm not saying we should do away with the free agency system we currently have in place, nor am I a proponent of a preseason free agency period per se. But, I was proposing a solution to what seemed to be BV's sticking point about having a FA period now, which I still believe is a solid solution. Not suggesting that we get rid of the system we have in place to develop a new one.

[quote name='RamesuThe1']I understand your point, but this is a community league, correct? Aren't we allowed to propose suggestions and have them objectively weighed on whether they make sense? [/QUOTE]

People are free to make suggestions and discuss them, but ultimately the rules are set and maintained by the commissioners. That's the way things worked in years past as well. That doesn't mean rules can't be discussed, in fact when we put out the rules last week we asked if anybody had anything they wanted to bring up then. Now that we've started, we're only going to be changing rules in instances where it's necessary. That's basically what fero is getting at.

[quote name='RamesuThe1']
But, I was proposing a solution to what seemed to be BV's sticking point about having a FA period now, which I still believe is a solid solution. [/QUOTE]

Sorry if I gave the impression that the lack of a waiver order was my only sticking point. The primary issue is that it's simply not necessary. The rosters we started with are complete, nobody should be in a situation where they are short players. We can't change the rule just because sprice made a mistake with his roster, that doesn't make sense. Waiting until week 5 or 6 was the plan all along, and it's perfectly reasonable.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']Why was it necessary for him to cut players in the first place? Seems kinda foolish and now is backfiring.[/QUOTE]

Ding ding ding

[quote name='theredworm']If we started with preseason rosters I can understand him cutting.[/QUOTE]

Some teams did start with more than 53 players, in fact I think most did. That's because the game includes IR/PUP players in the roster. So when we advance, the game will likely ask people to make some cuts.

From what I understand, the issue was that sprice cut his backup safety, leaving him with only one. Now he wants to sign a cheaper option to fill that spot instead of re-signing the backup guy.

There's no rule against using these roster cuts to clear a little cap room (though you'll take a cap hit in many cases), I'm considering it myself in a couple cases. But you need to weigh that against the FA rules and decide whether it's worth it knowing that you won't be able to sign anyone else until the FA period.

The jags didn't have "cut players" on their list of things to do this week, gotta give those little guys a chance to show what they've got in the preseason.

Either way, it doesn't seem like a necessary move before the first preseason game is even played. Where's the fire?

As for people making suggestions, I think in general what BV and the others are looking for is a better alternative. I'm pretty sure if somebody presented a well-planned, thought out alternative, they would give it the consideration it deserves. Simply saying "I don't like this. Let's do something different" doesn't fit the bill. Same thing goes in my league.

[quote name='theredworm']The jags didn't have "cut players" on their list of things to do this week, gotta give those little guys a chance to show what they've got in the preseason.[/QUOTE]

Nor did I, but I definitely have more than 53 players. I believe it'll be there next week, though I guess we'll see.

Does anyone know if the teams on "Auto-Pilot" will sign players as if they were controlled by the CPU? Just to be safe, I'm going to switch all those teams off of Auto before we advance and then back on after.

[quote name='bvharris']Does anyone know if the teams on "Auto-Pilot" will sign players as if they were controlled by the CPU? Just to be safe, I'm going to switch all those teams off of Auto before we advance and then back on after.[/QUOTE]

Aww, come on. Just leave it and see what happens. That way I can make sure to do the opposite with my league, lol ;)

I didnt look at the rules sorry the league didnt start so i wasnt worried about it then but since the league started I was thinking about a different way FA could be handled differently only because of the new features to online leagues. Last year we had one FA period for 5 seasons and I thought that was lame. I just dont want that to happen again. BV and Fero if the community could come up with a different rule to how FA can be handled would you think about a change?

[quote name='augmog']I didnt look at the rules sorry the league didnt start so i wasnt worried about it then but since the league started I was thinking about a different way FA could be handled differently only because of the new features to online leagues. Last year we had one FA period for 5 seasons and I thought that was lame. I just dont want that to happen again. [/QUOTE]

We did more than one, and we had the draft as well, which takes care of a lot of the roster filling. In any case, it's not going to be an issue this year now that they have offseason free agency. You will be free to bid on guys to your hearts content in the offseason with absolutely no restrictions other than the salary cap. After that, in-season free agency will probably not even be necessary.

[quote name='augmog']
BV and Fero if the community could come up with a different rule to how FA can be handled would you think about a change?[/QUOTE]

See above. It's really not a problem as presently constituted. I'm not saying we wouldn't consider it, but don't expect us to change too much in order to fix a problem which doesn't really exist.

[quote name='bvharris']We did more than one, and we had the draft as well, which takes care of a lot of the roster filling. In any case, it's not going to be an issue this year now that they have offseason free agency. You will be free to bid on guys to your hearts content in the offseason with absolutely no restrictions other than the salary cap. After that, in-season free agency will probably not even be necessary.

See above. It's really not a problem as presently constituted. I'm not saying we wouldn't consider it, but don't expect us to change too much in order to fix a problem which doesn't really exist.[/QUOTE]

so again no FA during the season after year 1 my point.

alright BV I guess us the people dont have a say. but whatever you and fero says goes I got it....but when uber ran the league in the beginning we had a FA period every season after all the drafts and that was cool and there were plenty of strong teams in our other leagues. except for last years madden 12 SUPERSTAR PATS ROSTER and you made clear there was no FA periods. ( I wonder why that was again? :roll:)

Wow. Dude. I have no idea why you feel the need to be a gaping asshole for absolutely no reason whatsoever, but I'm not going to sink to your level.

If you'd actually thought about it rather than deciding to attack me personally, you'd see that the offseason free agency mitigates the need for in-season free agency. If you have the space, you could sign as many free agents as you want during that period. That, plus the draft, there will be myriad opportunities for adding to your roster. That said, I never said we wouldn't have FA periods after season 1, just that they probably wouldn't be necessary. But I guess it's less important to you to actually read what I wrote than to pop off like a jackass over nothing. Stay classy.

[quote name='bvharris']Wow. Dude. I have no idea why you feel the need to be a gaping asshole for absolutely no reason whatsoever, but I'm not going to sink to your level.

If you'd actually thought about it rather than deciding to attack me personally, you'd see that the offseason free agency mitigates the need for in-season free agency. If you have the space, you could sign as many free agents as you want during that period. That, plus the draft, there will be myriad opportunities for adding to your roster. That said, I never said we wouldn't have FA periods after season 1, just that they probably wouldn't be necessary. But I guess it's less important to you to actually read what I wrote than to pop off like a jackass over nothing. Stay classy.[/QUOTE]

sure no problem...Im done talking about it

So bidding FA's in the offseason is free game? I got alot fo cap room maybe some big names will come to St.Louis!

[quote name='GpNinja']So bidding FA's in the offseason is free game? I got alot fo cap room maybe some big names will come to St.Louis![/QUOTE]

Yes, absolutely free game. We can all bid against each other for everyone on the market. It'll be interesting to see how many big names hit the market after this season. I'm sure a few people will need to let some stars go due to budget constraints (I know I'll have trouble keeping everyone).

I'm not 100% sure how the mechanics work yet, since we haven't done it before, but I assume it'll work much the same way offline franchises did before.

[quote name='bvharris']Yes, absolutely free game. We can all bid against each other for everyone on the market. It'll be interesting to see how many big names hit the market after this season. I'm sure a few people will need to let some stars go due to budget constraints (I know I'll have trouble keeping everyone).

I'm not 100% sure how the mechanics work yet, since we haven't done it before, but I assume it'll work much the same way offline franchises did before.[/QUOTE]

I'm actually really interested in see how high people actually do bid for star players. The game doesn't give you any hints at what the other people are offering, so i can see some people going a lot higher than they have too.

[quote name='Chetty12']I'm actually really interested in see how high people actually do bid for star players. The game doesn't give you any hints at what the other people are offering, so i can see some people going a lot higher than they have too.[/QUOTE]

Do you know how the bidding process works? Do you just make your one offer and that's it, or is there an opportunity to counter-offer if someone outbids you?

I'd like to point out a couple of things.

Number 1. Bv stated that he would consider other options if they're presented to us in a well thought out and organized manner. Walking away tells me that you don't want to put the effort into it, so why should we?

#2 do I need to remind you that uber is still a commissioner here? The three of us talk throughout the day bouncing ideas and thoughts off each other. When Bv or uber or I speak we speak with the backing of the other two, I can assure you. Regarding the cheap allegations that Bv somehow "fixed" the league in his favor, all I can point you to is his super bowl trophies. There's a big goose egg there.

[quote name='LVPatriots']Last page he said he wasn't available for the first pre-season week[/QUOTE]

Thanks LVP, but I just PMed Preseason Week 1 as well.

[quote name='bvharris']Do you know how the bidding process works? Do you just make your one offer and that's it, or is there an opportunity to counter-offer if someone outbids you?[/QUOTE]

So i'll just go through the entire off season process for those that don't know. First off, scouting points can accumulate and won't be reset until after the draft. I personally like to actually save all my points until right before the rookie draft and do all my scouting then.

So step one after the Superbowl(this might happen whenever you get eliminated from the playoffs so make sure to look for it) is to sign your contract extension/gain levels and get xp for your coach if you have met your ultimate goal. You must click on this improve the level of your coach and collect the xp.

Then you have one week where you get one last chance to negotiate and resign your own players. Players that you have ended negotiations with during the season, will not negotiate with you here.

After that week has advanced there is the first week of free agency. This is where everyone goes in and gives their initial contract to the free agents. In the free agency screen you can see what teams are interested in the F.a and you can see what he believes his market value is. So far, i have not been able to find anywhere that tells you what the other users are offering.

The next week is the second week of free agency, which also gives you a chance to scout. Typically, if multiple teams are trying to get the same free agent, that free agent will narrow his list down of the teams he is interested in. You can then see his list of teams he narrowed it down too, so then you can decide if you need to up the ante on your offer or leave it as is. If say in week one of free agency you were the only person interested in a person, or your offer just blows them away then they may sign in between week 1 and week 2 of free agency.

The next week is the third and final week of free agency, this once again gives you more scouting time/scouting points. It works how week two did, he narrows down his list and only accepts if your the only one or he got an offer that blew him away. But keep in mind this is your last chance to put in a offer, once it is progressed past this week all the free agents with offers will make there final decision.

The next week is just more scouting time/scouting points. This is the last opportunity you'll have to do any scouting before the draft.

The next week is the rookie draft, i'm sure you guys will learn more about how that goes once you actually do it. The nice feature is that the commissioner can pause it at anytime.

The next week is basically a recap of the draft and gives you all the contract info for your rookies. The rookies are all on a pay scale and are signed automatically. The game actually puts aside salary cap that you can't use, because it saves it for the rookies cap room.

After that you are into the next preseason.

[quote name='siradam134']a

What brand and model router do you have sir?[/QUOTE]

uhmm im no computer wiz...i got two lil blinkin boxes, one says cisco, one says netgear...ive nveer had a prob but me n ubernes had difficulties last night n he said doom opened his router or something to fix it

The Titans have made a coaching chance, hiring Dorkus Buttwhistle to lead them to prominence in the AFC. He didn't speak during his introductory press conference, rather simply dropping his pants and farting into the microphone.

[quote name='PacerPerspect']The Titans have made a coaching chance, hiring Dorkus Buttwhistle to lead them to prominence in the AFC. He didn't speak during his introductory press conference, rather simply dropping his pants and farting into the microphone.[/QUOTE]

Don't give Rex Ryan any ideas... :D

btw, tonight's advance might be a few minutes late, but it should happen around 8.

[quote name='PacerPerspect']The Titans have made a coaching chance, hiring Dorkus Buttwhistle to lead them to prominence in the AFC. He didn't speak during his introductory press conference, rather simply dropping his pants and farting into the microphone.[/QUOTE]

@SkipBaylessEA Seems quite risky bringing in Buttwhistle to take over full control of the Titans. #CCM

Idk a time where it isn't risky to bring in a butt whistle.

[quote name='bvharris']Don't give Rex Ryan any ideas... :D

btw, tonight's advance might be a few minutes late, but it should happen around 8.[/QUOTE]

I can't remember who...but someone said a few pages back that their game is scheduled for 10:00 or 10:30 CST tonight :/ so you might want to look into that unless you're just gonna sim it. I'm on my phone or else I'd check myself.

[quote name='siradam134']a

What brand and model router do you have sir?[/QUOTE]

hey man not sure if you're around don't see you online but I'll be online before the game.

it let me play with my roster as is...i cut my safety to have just one ss so i could fill in with a cb ... doesnt matter now that it let me play so its cool eithet way
.. also i thouggt we did start off with a free agency in the first season due to the lockout?

We've advanced. Didn't look like any FAs were signed, nor did the world end. I consider that a rousing success.

I'm still not being compelled to cut anyone despite the fact that I have 63 guys on my roster, not sure what to make of that.

[quote name='bvharris']We've advanced. Didn't look like any FAs were signed, nor did the world end. I consider that a rousing success.

I'm still not being compelled to cut anyone despite the fact that I have 63 guys on my roster, not sure what to make of that.[/QUOTE]

Week one of preseason they make you cut down to 70. Week 2 they make you cut to 65. Week 3 you cut down to 57 and week 4 is when you have to be down to 53. Those numbers might not be exactly correct but give you a general idea of when you need to make cuts. So next week you would have to cut 5 or so players.

[quote name='Chetty12']Week one of preseason they make you cut down to 70. Week 2 they make you cut to 65. Week 3 you cut down to 57 and week 4 is when you have to be down to 53. Those numbers might not be exactly correct but give you a general idea of when you need to make cuts. So next week you would have to cut 5 or so players.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for being such a font of knowledge. :D

bread's done
Back