Madden 13 Official CAG League - On Hiatus. See you in August for Madden 25!

[quote name='xCappax']oh ok because you mentioned that it didn't look like any FAs signed, so I figured people were bidding on FAs.[/QUOTE]

We were worried the CPU was going to sign them automatically.

[quote name='xCappax']oh ok because you mentioned that it didn't look like any FAs signed, so I figured people were bidding on FAs.[/QUOTE]
That's not until after the draft.

[quote name='bvharris']Thanks for being such a font of knowledge. :D[/QUOTE]

Ha, the first thing i did when i got the game was go through the franchise and try to figure out all the little intricacies just so when these franchises started i would know what the hell was going on.

[quote name='Chetty12']Ha, the first thing i did when i got the game was go through the franchise and try to figure out all the little intricacies just so when these franchises started i would know what the hell was going on.[/QUOTE]

I wanted to but never got a chance. Thank you for posting all of the info, much appreciated!

Crap, I was wrapping up practice as we advanced so I'll miss out on that XP. Oh well. Got beat up in Week 1 Preseason. My D was ugly. Nothing like I've played in my other 4, 5 games.

Last i remember...The game was 35-7 Dolphins..going into the 4th Quarter....

Then the Real Panthers returned to the game....

Final Score Dolphins 42 Panthers 35

Carolina scored 4 times in the 4th quarter....One was a 100 Yard Kickoff Return;-/

Freaking GG MA! Even for a Preseason Game..that was a blast....until you tried to kick my ass....

I'm curious you know were you can press play game or simulate? Well if what if somebody presses simulate by accident. Didn't happen to me just wondering.

Broncos 42 - Seahawks 13

My D was great in this one, might have pitched a shutout until my backups started getting a bit careless with the ball, with Osweiller and Moreno combining for 3 second half turnovers in my territory.

The offense continues to look great no matter who is at QB, making me wonder why I'm even trying to trade for a WR.

Gg man...I assure you I was trying to kick your ass throughout the whole thing lol. I think the difference in the 4th quarter, as unlikely as you're to EVER hear this, is that I subbed Jimmy Clausen in! HOLY CRAP Derek Anderson could not make a single damn throw in the rain!! You were exposing the hell out of my zones though...it seems like a quick pass to a streaking WR on the outside will beat any zone lol. Ah well....I'm expecting a rough first season or two.

Cowboys beat the Chargers 38-6

My defense dominated this game.

Also, for the second week in a row, I throw multiple picks with Romo and then I do great with Orton - who is with the backup receivers! I don't get it haha.

A number of hours ago I had a whole blurb typed about the free agency thing. There's a lot being said regarding us never having done it before, I don't think that's a relevant point since so much of this is completely new.

I honestly couldn't care less about whether it happens but I proposed that we do free agency the same way we usually do except we use team overall as the basis for the order. The plan is otherwise laid out as per our usual process.

My only point in all of this is that ideas brought up should be given consideration by more than the 3 running the league. It seems like it was discussed possibly by the 3 commissioners but never given any serious consideration and was shut down before other league members had a chance to weigh in. Everyone should have a say and the people participating should play a role in how the league is run.

I will not revisit this, I've said my piece. If you play the bills this week in preseason I'm available until sometime after midnight

[quote name='RamesuThe1']A number of hours ago I had a whole blurb typed about the free agency thing. There's a lot being said regarding us never having done it before, I don't think that's a relevant point since so much of this is completely new.

I honestly couldn't care less about whether it happens but I proposed that we do free agency the same way we usually do except we use team overall as the basis for the order. The plan is otherwise laid out as per our usual process.
[/QUOTE]

If you want to make your proposal, go ahead. As I said hours ago, both before and after mog flew off the handle, we'll consider whatever you want to propose and encourage a discussion on it. I just didn't want anyone getting their hopes up because there was no guarantee we were going to change it even if it were popular (there's also no guarantee we wouldn't).

Trust me, I wouldn't hate the concept of adding a free agent to my team, I could use help in several areas, but there's got to be a better reason to do it than just we all want an extra guy.

[quote name='RamesuThe1']
My only point in all of this is that ideas brought up should be given consideration by more than the 3 running the league. It seems like it was discussed possibly by the 3 commissioners but never given any serious consideration and was shut down before other league members had a chance to weigh in. Everyone should have a say and the people participating should play a role in how the league is run.[/QUOTE]

I'll take the opportunity to address this since you've given me the chance.

The league isn't a democracy, and it's not going to be one. I know it sounds harsh to put it like that, and I really don't mean it to sound dictatorial, but that's the only way a league like this works. I know the idea of a 32-man committee of sorts might sound good in theory, but in practice it would be bedlam. Think Lord of the Flies. It's important to have a firm and consistent structure in place, I think the past several years of successful management under some combination of ubernes, fero and myself bears that out. You can also look at the attempted second league (not the JV league, the other one) last year which fell apart when the commissioners (not taking a shot at them, trust me) weren't really committed to making it pretty much a second full-time job. Which, trust me, it is. It does mean that sometimes we need to be the bad guys, and trust me none of us relishes that, but having someone to enforce the rules is important. I understand some people have a problem with this structure, and that's unfortunate, but I guess the best I can say is that it works so people need to accept it.

That being said... We absolutely want input from everyone else, and we're not completely insular and hell bent on making decisions regardless of what everyone else wants. I spent hours writing this rule set, and the very first thing I did when I finished was post them in the thread for feedback. In addition to that, most of the new rules (like the trade committee) come directly from suggestions from other people in the league. It also says right in the rules that we're not opposed to adding new things, just that we won't do so arbitrarily.

In the end, nobody is forced to play in this league. I'm sure there are plenty of others with no leadership structure whatsoever. I'm not saying this as code for "my way or gtfo", but just to say that by playing here you've got to kind of trust that the three commissioners have the best interests of the league at heart. We're not out to make things favorable for ourselves, or to screw anyone over, but just to make this the best league possible. It's certainly the most enjoyable league I've ever been a part of, and I hope we can continue to do everything to make sure that's true for the rest of you as well.

In other news, I can confirm that you get some XP even if you fail a practice. I foolishly tried the 35-3 3rd quarter one to see if I could pull it off (and I nearly did), but I still got 1500 XP even though I failed. So that's good.

Can someone explain the deal with playing the CPU for preseason? Pitfall won't be around to play it sounds. Does he need to flip some switch to allow me to play?

[quote name='ubernes']Can someone explain the deal with playing the CPU for preseason? Pitfall won't be around to play it sounds. Does he need to flip some switch to allow me to play?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, or I can flip it. I can do that for you right now.

Edit: I feel like this is one of those things they promised we'd be able to do from the website. Not sure why I allowed myself to believe it though. :D

[quote name='bvharris']Yeah, or I can flip it. I can do that for you right now.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, ill probably get it in right before 8 again tomorrow.

Just a warning. I went in to cut the three required players and put myself below the minimum for TEs. I signed rookie TE I dropped back to meet the roster minimums.

[quote name='ubernes']Thanks, ill probably get it in right before 8 again tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

Just make sure to practice first this time. ;)

Can I go ahead and cut my team down to the 53 man team in sitting at 62 right now also can I just play the CPU for my game against the cardinals i know n8 took them over but our free time dont usually match up

[quote name='Tanabeo']Can I go ahead and cut my team down to the 53 man team in sitting at 62 right now also can I just play the CPU for my game against the cardinals i know n8 took them over but our free time dont usually match up[/QUOTE]

Yes, go ahead and play the CPU, he's just filling in there so they don't sign free agents.

And I suppose you can make your cuts now, though I don't see any reason not to wait until the game forces you to cut them.

Again, I lost the blurb I typed. Suffice it to say I disagree wit your approach bv, we wouldn't fall apart without the bit of leadership we currently have.

I do appreciate the amount of time you all have put into this but, I so totally disagreed with that post that this couldn't go without saying. I understand that I may be in the minority in this regard but that post came off as extremely snobby...

No vs. jax completed

Saints win 42~14.

Yes I did dive into the endzone after Vilma cracked jack KR he fumbled and sproles returned it for a TD... Sorry about that

[quote name='RamesuThe1']Again, I lost the blurb I typed. Suffice it to say I disagree wit your approach bv, we wouldn't fall apart without the bit of leadership we currently have.

I do appreciate the amount of time you all have put into this but, I so totally disagreed with that post that this couldn't go without saying. I understand that I may be in the minority in this regard but that post came off as extremely snobby...[/QUOTE]

Any snobbishness you read is 100% in your head. Seems like you were predisposed to read that into whatever I said, there's nothing I can do about that. Once again I pointed out that we'd be happy to discuss your idea, but it's pretty clear that you're more interested in being contrary and trying to cause trouble than actually discussing the idea you seemed so keen on discussing earlier.

If you don't like the way things are, nobody will force you to stay in the league. If you'd rather play in one without commissioners, I'm sure you can find one. You're a valuable member of the league, and we want you in it, but stirring up trouble for what seems to be no reason whatsoever just comes across as petty and pointless.

I have zero interest in being a trouble starter. My only point about this whole ordeal is that ideas proposed by members of the league (outside of the 3) need to be considered.

I don't give a damn about free agency, though I've proposed a subsequent idea for discussion in an attempt to improve the league because at least one member and maybe more were interested in fa now.

I suppose the perceived snobbiness results from the fact that I played in the league before you were a member and it ran every bit as smoothly as it runs now. The idea that bedlam would ensue without your steady hand to guide us or if everyone had an opprtunity to express how theyd like things handled is where I perceive snobbiness, but that doesn't matter. We're grown folk capable of behaving responsibly, it's been done before.

I haven't mentioned leaving the league, it's not that serious. I just think the league would benefit from everyone's opinion being valued.

Don't try to put words into my mouth, or infer that I've said or believe something unless I've explicitly stated it. I really don't appreciate that.

[quote name='RamesuThe1']I have zero interest in being a trouble starter. My only point about this whole ordeal is that ideas proposed by members of the league (outside of the 3) need to be considered. [/QUOTE]

Ideas from other people have always been considered and always will be. We consider every single idea which is proposed, from the genius to the silly. We spend untold hours considering them. It's your choice whether to believe that or not, but it's the honest truth. People had an issue with the way trades were reviewed last year, an alternative was suggested and discussed, and we've implemented the alternative this year. If ideas are good and are going to improve the league, we're going to use them.

[quote name='RamesuThe1']I suppose the perceived snobbiness results from the fact that I played in the league before you were a member and it ran every bit as smoothly as it runs now. The idea that bedlam would ensue without your steady hand to guide us or if everyone had an opprtunity to express how theyd like things handled is where I perceive snobbiness, but that doesn't matter. We're grown folk capable of behaving responsibly, it's been done before.[/QUOTE]

This is my fourth year in the league, and as far as I know it's your fourth year as well (just judging by when you joined CAG), but it's a pointless distinction in either case. You're welcome to disagree that the league needs commissioners. I can't force you to see things my way. However, as long as you are in this league, which does have commissioners, you're going to have to accept that. If you're going to continue to complain about the way we've set things up, and undermine the authority of the commissioners because you don't agree there should be any, than it's going to be a problem for the league. I really hope that's not the case, and I don't take you for someone who's going to continue to make this an issue.

I haven't mentioned leaving the league, it's not that serious. I just think the league would benefit from everyone's opinion being valued.[/QUOTE]

Everyone's opinion is valued. I value your opinion. uberens and fero value your opinion. You continuing to imply that we don't value the opinions of others is, to call it honestly, a lie. And it serves no one.

[quote name='RamesuThe1']Don't try to put words into my mouth, or infer that I've said or believe something unless I've explicitly stated it. I really don't appreciate that.[/QUOTE]

Look in the mirror. You're the only one who has approached making this personal. I apologize if I was putting words in your mouth, but you're doing the exact same thing by calling me a snob. I don't appreciate it either.

I wasn't referring to my opinion at all but mog's since he introduced the fa idea. And I have no problem with there being commissioners. Leadership is certainly necessary but I favor the democratic approach.

[quote name='RamesuThe1']I wasn't referring to my opinion at all but mog's since he introduced the fa idea. And I have no problem with there being commissioners. Leadership is certainly necessary but I favor the democratic approach.[/QUOTE]

From the beginning of this whole thing I've said I was fine with people discussing the FA idea. Obviously I was against it, but I'm not handing down decrees or anything. I'm sorry if you think I was being dismissive of mog's suggestion, that's really not how I felt. It was a perfectly reasonable question to raise, and I think if you'll look back my first reaction was not "shut up, no" but rather to ask him to explain what he had in mind. I then explained why I thought it wasn't necessary to do one now (everyone has a full roster, plus we've got one a few weeks into the season already) but I've not tried to quell discussion on it at all. I've just pointed out that ultimately we're going to make the decision on it (based on what we feel is best for the league, not based on our own interests or on ego), but that doesn't mean we ignore the feelings of the rest of the league. Quite the opposite, 95% of the time our decisions are informed by what you guys think and say. I'm always open to being convinced of the merits of an idea.

I've said a few times now that we'd consider it and that I was fine with people discussing it in the thread. It was mog who baselessly accused me of rigging the rules in my favor out of nowhere, and you who launched into the existential debate over the leadership of the league. I didn't change the subject from the FA question, you guys did that. Trust me, I would be beyond thrilled if you'd like to go back to discussing that instead of this silliness.

Fero almost immediately stated that fa wasn't goin to happen at this point, that's what started this whole thing. This isn't personal at all, it was a league matter IMO. This wasn't about what you've said particularly until you brought up that this isn't a democracy etc...

[quote name='RamesuThe1']Fero almost immediately stated that fa wasn't goin to happen at this point, that's what started this whole thing.
[/QUOTE]

He did say that, but I know from talking to him earlier that he didn't mean we didn't want it to be discussed.

Just so you have it officially though: It's not been ruled out, you can still discuss your plan. If people are in favor of it, and it works logistically, there's every possibility that we'll do it. I am never opposed to being convinced by a reasonable idea.

This isn't personal at all, it was a league matter IMO. This wasn't about what you've said particularly until you brought up that this isn't a democracy etc...[/QUOTE]

Like I said right after that, putting it that way wasn't meant to sound dictatorial. I just wanted to take the opportunity which you provided to clear that up because we have a lot of new members who might not be familiar with how this particular league functions. It's definitely not a dictatorship though... I like to think of it as more of a military junta. :D

I'm sorry if you interpreted my comments to suggest that I don't think the rest of you are mature enough to handle a league without commissioners. That's not how I feel at all, and I don't want you to think that I look down on anybody in this league. I just personally believe that this structure is better than the alternative, based mostly on experiences I've had in other leagues.

It's entirely possible that this isn't the only system that would work, but the bottom line is that this system does work. We had a wildly successful year last year, with a full league for an entire five seasons. With any luck we'll build on that this year. We have our spats and disagreements of course, but I think this is a great community and it's humming along fine the way it's being run now. So while I certainly respect your right to feel things might be done differently, I hope you can also acknowledge that there's some wisdom and practicality to the way we do things.

We considered doing a round of free agency based on overall team rating also. The problem that was brought up is that team rating unfortunately has nothing to do with player skill level...so, you could be rewarding some of the top players in the league with top free agent acquisitions as well. Waiting until a few weeks into the season and doing it by record at least aims to bridge the gap between the very good players and the less skilled players.

sometimes when fero speaks since hes been added to ur commish crew he acts like a dick..... as u said he jumped out as if u needed defended and said no to free agency to all of us and apparently u guys talked bout it and thats good u should.... i think that may have blew the whole free agency out of proportion...

Would anybody in here be willing to serve as a "squatter" in my league on a (hopefully) temporary basis? We've had a few people decide to drop for various issues (time commitment, connection troubles, general flakiness, etc), and of course, having any CPU teams will totally screw up our free agency plan. You don't have to play any games or do anything. I'll control the "auto-pilot" aspect of the team, and hopefully those spots will be filled soon. Right now, we have the Panthers open...but the Raiders and Lions could also be open this evening, since we're still waiting on people to accept their invites from Friday. I appreciate anybody willing to help out. Thanks.

I'm not going to spend too much more time on this since I've got a lot on my plate today.

[quote name='sprice8688']sometimes when fero speaks since hes been added to ur commish crew he acts like a dick..... [/QUOTE]

No offense, sprice, but you act like a dick plenty yourself. Including with that statement right there. I act like a dick sometimes too, plenty of people in this league do. That's not exactly surprising in any setting which is composed of 32 guys, most of whom are extremely competitive. Fero's not any different than he was before he was a commissioner, and trust me when I say that he's not any larger a dick than anyone else in this league.

Anyway, I consider the matter closed. If you guys want to discuss the FA idea, we can certainly do that. I'm guessing the vast majority of this league would rather talk about anything other than whether or not I'm a dictator and fero's just a dick.

no offense taken ..... for the most part i like how u run the league....u do a good job dealing with our bs.... i just feel like sometimes the way he words things is just ignorant... and mayb its wrong to call someone out but im not the only one who feels that way.... u would get like that last yr to while defending ur trades lol

[quote name='sprice8688']sometimes when fero speaks since hes been added to ur commish crew he acts like a dick..... as u said he jumped out as if u needed defended and said no to free agency to all of us and apparently u guys talked bout it and thats good u should.... i think that may have blew the whole free agency out of proportion...[/QUOTE]

[quote name='sprice8688']no offense taken ..... for the most part i like how u run the league....u do a good job dealing with our bs.... i just feel like sometimes the way he words things is just ignorant... and mayb its wrong to call someone out but im not the only one who feels that way.... u would get like that last yr to while defending ur trades lol [/QUOTE]

I was going to refrain from posting this, I've been called a Dick Before..no hard feelings. But your next post drew my ire.

First Off, Here's Every Post I've Made since being a so-called Commissioner in this league.

The one time i felt like I was being an ass, I even bothered to apologize AHEAD of time.

Just for Reference.

#1: "You can be sure that the 3 of us (commissioners) will attempt to put in extensive testing if we DO Decide to change sliders, before the season starts. We're not just going to willy nilly pick a number and allow the season to start without knowing what we're walking into. "
#2: "Miami Dolphins / siradam134 / feroci0us1 / Est / Monday-Friday 7pm-12am Weekends: Anytime / Twitter: @feroci0us / gchat: [email protected] / Facebook will be provided upon request. "
#3: You know that when the Jets are in town I always "MIC it up" with you big boy.
#4: The Dolphins welcome Roland Deschain as the new coach of the Miami Dolphins! All Hail the tower!
#5: Ma, i just saw rutherford belicheck and loved his picture.
#6: Pm'ed X Cappa X. Awaiting a reply.
#7: The Free Agency rules are fine. I can tell you Right now that we aren't making a change to them. We've started a season. People (Who have joined) have agreed to those rules whether or not they realize it by joining. Sorry to come off as an ass, but there's entirely too much work done to change it now.
#8: I'd like to point out a couple of things.
Number 1. Bv stated that he would consider other options if they're presented to us in a well thought out and organized manner. Walking away tells me that you don't want to put the effort into it, so why should we?
#2 do I need to remind you that uber is still a commissioner here? The three of us talk throughout the day bouncing ideas and thoughts off each other. When Bv or uber or I speak we speak with the backing of the other two, I can assure you. Regarding the cheap allegations that Bv somehow "fixed" the league in his favor, all I can point you to is his super bowl trophies. There's a big goose egg there.

Now, For the part that really pisses me off.

I'm going to borrow the Merriam Webster Dictionary's definition of Ignorant to make my case here. See Below.

ig·no·rant/ˈignərənt/
Adjective:
Lacking knowledge or awareness in general; uneducated or unsophisticated.

I honestly can't remember a single time in my life where I've ever been called ignorant. Ever. That's seriously insulting, man. Would you walk up to a guy you play pickup ball with and call him ignorant? I've known you for what, 3 years now? Have I ever once slung personal insults directly at you meant to harm?

The SINGLE FACT that I hold in my possession a Masters in Biomedical Sciences should put that "Ignorant" comment to rest.

Can we Please Get back to Football? We're all here to have Fun. There's no need for name calling, shit slinging, or dick-measuring. At the end of the day, It's still just Pixels on a Screen.

Let's Keep it classy, Guys.

1342379673924.gif

bread's done
Back