Madden 13 Official CAG League - On Hiatus. See you in August for Madden 25!

Actually, now that I've considered it further, Taiwan Jones for a 3rd rounder, ok. But Asanted for a 1st, not so much. Thats not as even as I thought it was.

That's the part I'm on the fence about. If it were any other position I'd probably say no outright, but we've all seen how quickly the best CBs go in the draft. At the same time, Tanabeo could have a pretty high pick (no offense Tanabeo).

I don't think we have enough to go on this year to say for sure that CBs are the most valuable trading asset in the league, but they certainly were last year.

But true man corners with speed are hard to come by...just ask murdamode i'm sure he's kicking himself in the ass for trading cromartie.

[quote name='Doomtime']No way, they're nowhere near as valuable as previous Maddens.

You can do serious damage with scrub CBs.[/QUOTE]

No corner gets me more than Jason Allen for the Bengals and i'll never be able to explain it..........

[quote name='Og whitewidow']But true man corners with speed are hard to come by...just ask murdamode i'm sure he's kicking himself in the ass for trading cromartie.[/QUOTE]

After one game I have no Idea. I got smoked by Mog, can't really draw any conclusions from that game. But I still love the trade right now.

My corners were suffocating against Pittsburgh and then couldn't cover a thing against Atlanta. The only difference was not having Champ, which I take as evidence that scrub CBs are not as good. ;)

[quote name='DVO21']Its week 2 u cant say he is going to have a high draft pick u cant assume shit like that[/QUOTE]

Is it okay if he says it himself? Just a sampling:

[quote name='Tanabeo']Im thinking this is going to be the one the decides who gets the first pick[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Tanabeo']Why do I feel like this madden I'm just trying to make deals and dont care about if I win or lose I want next year were I can be the gm of a team and red worm can be my coach and play the games[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Tanabeo']I know I'm going to get blown out I couldn't even beat the CPU in the demo but truthfully I have most my fun trading players and doing the draft if I go 1-15 this season im happy that one game is going to be beating the jags[/QUOTE]

[quote name='DVO21']Its week 2 u cant say he is going to have a high draft pick u cant assume shit like that[/QUOTE]

Actually I know him and I can assume.

I could say the same thing about myself since last year i had every first round pick doesnt make it true and shouldnt influence the trade at all

[quote name='DVO21']I could say the same thing about myself since last year i had every first round pick doesnt make it true and shouldnt influence the trade at all[/QUOTE]

You're wrong, it does matter. It's absolutely fair to consider who the owner is when evaluating the value of a draft pick. Tanabeo's average draft position last year was 15th, Doom's was 30th. Even though Tanabeo's record was hardly terrible, a 1st rounder from Doom wouldn't be worth as much as a 1st rounder from Tanabeo by any objective consideration.

My first rounder was the first pick every season so does that mean mine is worth top 5 pick. Just curious not trying to argue

[quote name='DVO21']My first rounder was the first pick every season so does that mean mine is worth top 5 pick. Just curious not trying to argue[/QUOTE]

It was actually only the top pick 2 seasons out of 4 (though I don't think you had the Jags the first year).

But yes, objectively your pick is more valuable than say, mine would be based on our track record. If you keep winning in the new Madden, the value of your pick would be viewed differently. Same if I start reeling off losing seasons.

There's no formula for it, and obviously the later in the season the pick is made the more it's based on the actual current record of the team. But early in the season, all we have to go on is the past performances of the team (and in the case of season one, that does include last year).

[quote name='DVO21']My first rounder was the first pick every season so does that mean mine is worth top 5 pick. Just curious not trying to argue[/QUOTE]

Dolphins had the first Pick in 2012 Season 1 Peter Newcomer
Texans had the first pick in 2012 Season 2 (from Jags)
Dolphins had the First Pick in 2012 Season 3 (from Jags) Leslie Luther
Saints had the First Pick in 2012 Season 4

trade for review
lions send lolb justin durant age 26 84 ovr 1 yr tot sal 4 mill 2011 2 mill.
raiders send fb marcel reece age 27 90 ovr 1 yr tot sal 540k 2012 540 k

reason for trade durants a good young lb but i only need 2 cause i run alot of the 52 def having 3 good dts and he wanted either levy or durant so it didnt matter. my fb sucks lol thats that

[quote name='sprice8688']trade for review
lions send lolb justin durant age 26 84 ovr 1 yr tot sal 4 mill 2011 2 mill.
raiders send fb marcel reece age 27 90 ovr 1 yr tot sal 540k 2012 540 k[/QUOTE]

I approve this trade

The Chargers and Titans just got midway through the second quarter when a DeSync occurred. It was a good game too, three total interceptions and San Diego was leading 7-3 on a punt to Tennessee. We are either going to try later again, or more likely tomorrow.

For the record...I wouldn't consider Asante a "speedy man corner". 90 speed is average, and his man is 86 (Zone = 96). What sets him apart from other corners, aside from his Zone coverage, is his Awareness (95) and Play recognition (99 I think). I'm no expert on Madden ratings...but I THINK that equates to a lot of jumped routes.

[quote name='MasterAwesome']For the record...I wouldn't consider Asante a "speedy man corner". 90 speed is average, and his man is 86 (Zone = 96). What sets him apart from other corners, aside from his Zone coverage, is his Awareness (95) and Play recognition (99 I think). I'm no expert on Madden ratings...but I THINK that equates to a lot of jumped routes.[/QUOTE]

That sounds like the real Samuel.

[quote name='MasterAwesome']For the record...I wouldn't consider Asante a "speedy man corner". 90 speed is average, and his man is 86 (Zone = 96). What sets him apart from other corners, aside from his Zone coverage, is his Awareness (95) and Play recognition (99 I think). I'm no expert on Madden ratings...but I THINK that equates to a lot of jumped routes.[/QUOTE]

This is why I like him

Atlanta-Oakland

Oakland sends
1st round pick of the 2013 draft
RB Tawian Jones overall 73 age 25
remaining contract 3 years bonus 400K
2012- 480K
2013- 590K
2014- 730K

Falcons send
3rd round pick 2013 draft
Asante Samuel overall 83 age 31
remaining contract 3 years bonus $0
2012- 4 million
2013- 4 million
2014- 4 million

This Trade Has Been Approved.

[quote name='Doomtime']Five games left.

Wrap it up B![/QUOTE]

me and cru in an hour..... this i look forward to.... also id appreciate if u could gather the committee and get me this fullback before our game :)

Arizona Cardinals send
1st round pick in 2013
WR michael Floyd age 22 overall 76
remaining contract 4 years bonus 4.80 million
2012- 2.04 million
2013- 2.29 million
2014- 2.62 million
2015- 3.05 million

Falcons send
WR Roddy White age 30 overall 90
remaining years 3 bonus 12 million
2012- 6.13 million
2013- 7.37 million
2014- 8.99 million

This Trade Proposal has Been Rejected by the Committee

[quote name='DVO21']has the committee made a choice on my two trades yet? :)[/QUOTE]

After hours and hours of intense discussion...

Asante Samuel has been traded to the Oakland Raiders.

Roddy White trade is on hold and needs to go back to the drawing board.

Oakland sends
1st round pick of the 2013 draft
RB Tawian Jones overall 73 age 25
remaining contract 3 years bonus 400K
2012- 480K
2013- 590K
2014- 730K

Falcons send
Asante Samuel overall 83 age 31
remaining contract 3 years bonus $0
2012- 4 million
2013- 4 million
2014- 4 million
3rd round pick 2013 NFL draft

[quote name='sprice8688']me and cru in an hour..... this i look forward to.... also id appreciate if u could gather the committee and get me this fullback before our game :)[/QUOTE]

I highly doubt that'll happen.

[quote name='sprice8688']also id appreciate if u could gather the committee and get me this fullback before our game :)[/QUOTE]

Tanabeo has already played his Week 2 game, so even if we reached an agreement on the trade in the next hour, you wouldn't be allowed to process it until after you play.

[quote name='sprice8688']me and cru in an hour..... this i look forward to.... also id appreciate if u could gather the committee and get me this fullback before our game :)[/QUOTE]

Just blanket Vernon Davis. You'll be fine.

new proposal ready for the committee

Arizona Cardinals send
1st round pick in 2013
2012- 2.04 million
2013- 2.29 million
2014- 2.62 million
2015- 3.05 million

Falcons send
2nd round pick in 2013
2012- 6.13 million
2013- 7.37 million
2014- 8.99 million

[quote name='Doomtime']Just blanket Vernon Davis. You'll be fine.[/QUOTE]

ill keep that in mind... im looking.forward to his.mog 2.0 defense with corners in single man coverage... stafford will have a big day

[quote name='DVO21']new proposal ready for the committee

Arizona Cardinals send
1st round pick in 2013
2012- 2.04 million
2013- 2.29 million
2014- 2.62 million
2015- 3.05 million

Falcons send
2nd round pick in 2013
2012- 6.13 million
2013- 7.37 million
2014- 8.99 million[/QUOTE]

this trade has now been canceled
i need time to think about this trade before i go thru with it i think i really need to rethink the importance of roddy white to my game plan

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='DVO21']this trade has now been canceled
i need time to think about this trade before i go thru with it i think i really need to rethink the importance of roddy white to my game plan[/QUOTE]

You do realize you're 2-0 right? Why trade him?

[quote name='DVO21']this trade has now been canceled
i need time to think about this trade before i go thru with it i think i really need to rethink the importance of roddy white to my game plan[/QUOTE]

Just a reminder to all League Members!

These Players have FEELINGS! And families! and Houses! When you trade them/ Don't trade them / back out of trades...it's going to affect their on field performances! Just Remember the children!!!

[quote name='siradam134']Just a reminder to all League Members!

These Players have FEELINGS! And families! and Houses! When you trade them/ Don't trade them / back out of trades...it's going to affect their on field performances! Just Remember the children!!![/QUOTE]

lol there feelings they can buy more ;)

[quote name='sprice8688']and if u trade him... send him to detroit[/QUOTE]

lol i already gave u mjd last year and then u won like 3 superbowls. i cant do that for u again. and u used mjd to rape not going to happen with roddy thats for sure

[quote name='DVO21']lol i already gave u mjd last year and then u won like 3 superbowls. i cant do that for u again. and u used mjd to rape not going to happen with roddy thats for sure[/QUOTE]

ur off my buddy list lol :(

So just for fun I did a offline franchise with no cap room. I signed all the top name free agents at the end of the season. My team ovr went up to 74 with the rams I wonder how that works.. Lol

so calvin fucking johnson breaks his collarbone first catch against cru........ heyward bey needs a hole lot of stickum.... somehow pulled out a w in the win last night ... best is gonna be a very good back im glad i kept him

[quote name='sprice8688']so calvin fucking johnson breaks his collarbone first catch against cru........ heyward bey needs a hole lot of stickum.... somehow pulled out a w in the win last night ... best is gonna be a very good back im glad i kept him[/QUOTE]

Must be the Madden Curse

bread's done
Back