Madden 13 Official CAG League - On Hiatus. See you in August for Madden 25!

[quote name='bvharris']Remaining Games:

Giants-Bucs
Vikings-Colts
Steelers-Jets
Chargers-Titans

ubernes is commish and will be advancing us tonight.[/QUOTE]

Do we have updates on when these will all be played? I'll keep my eye on the games being played but I assume by 8pm everything will be wrapped up. Steelers-Jets scheduled for 7pm EST, with or without WV unfortunately.

hoping heyward bey steps up.... do u guys know does the production grade have anything to do with the amount of points given to each player

[quote name='sprice8688']hoping heyward bey steps up.... do u guys know does the production grade have anything to do with the amount of points given to each player[/QUOTE]
Wes Welker is available...idk why you aren't hopping on that 98 CIT 99 CTH...

[quote name='Og whitewidow']Wes Welker is available...idk why you aren't hopping on that 98 CIT 99 CTH...[/QUOTE]

cause ur value im sure will be way to high
...... the players i have that are good enough to trade u dont need...
lt jeff backus 33 yrs old 87 ovr
rb kevin smith age? 80 ovr
le lawerence jackson age 27 83 ovr
they are looking for homes

[quote name='bvharris']Remaining Games:

Giants-Bucs
Vikings-Colts
Steelers-Jets
Chargers-Titans

ubernes is commish and will be advancing us tonight.[/QUOTE]

The Chargers/Titans game was played last night, but we had a desync error and I didn't have time to restart it. I had a ton of yard work to do before the reseeding today. We are replaying our game at 6:30 tonight.

[quote name='sprice8688']so calvin fucking johnson breaks his collarbone first catch against cru........ heyward bey needs a hole lot of stickum.... somehow pulled out a w in the win last night ... best is gonna be a very good back im glad i kept him[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I lost Greg Jennings to an abdominal tear. Good thing for both of us that we didn't go through with the trade you proposed.

[quote name='Blade3D']I pm'd appleinthetree, said he can play at 8 if that's not too late.[/QUOTE]

I really hope that's not the first time you guys have been in touch this week.

[quote name='Matt Young']Yeah, I lost Greg Jennings to an abdominal tear. Good thing for both of us that we didn't go through with the trade you proposed.[/QUOTE]

it would of been helpful to have nelson... for u i just have alot of strenghth where ur weak ... but all ur wrs release is high so press shoukdnt hurt u

Ok, so we really need to think about banning the squib kick.

It is so broken.

Kick it to the right or left and the return team acts completely stupid. With some practice, it can be recovered every single time.

[quote name='RamesuThe1']I thought we decided against subbing this year?[/QUOTE]

Yes and no. There's really no way to really sub unless someone is going to be out long-term. So, we probably don't need any subs tonight unless we find out someone is leaving for a month or something. Plus, anyone in the league that subs would have to retire their coach. So we would be looking outside the league anyway.

[quote name='Doomtime']Ok, so we really need to think about banning the squib kick.

It is so broken.

Kick it to the right or left and the return team acts completely stupid. With some practice, it can be recovered every single time.[/QUOTE]

i agree this is worse then the onside last yr because u can continuously do it.... i cant tell u how many times the kick team recovered on me

[quote name='sprice8688']i agree this is worse then the onside last yr because u can continuously do it.... i cant tell u how many times the kick team recovered on me[/QUOTE]

Yeah it's definitely worse than the surprise onside kick from last year.

[quote name='sprice8688']it would of been helpful to have nelson... for u i just have alot of strenghth where ur weak ... but all ur wrs release is high so press shoukdnt hurt u[/QUOTE]

I was going to check your roster after that game, but after the injury and the beating I took at the hands of Zurezo, I kind of forgot.

[quote name='Matt Young']I was going to check your roster after that game, but after the injury and the beating I took at the hands of Zurezo, I kind of forgot.[/QUOTE]

offers still there

I know Doom's been leading the way on the squib kick discussion today, but I wanted to get your guys' take on what essentially seems like a squib punt. It's basically a line drive punt aimed at the sideline that seems to be handled in a similar manner by the return team. Because of the velocity/trajectory of the punt, my returner couldn't get over to it in time to catch it, so it ends up skipping along the field, and seems very difficult to pick up.

It also makes the camera jerk around really quickly like those punts in the preseason when the kicker was subbed into the game...which is a bit disorienting. Even by the time the ball gets to you, the kicking team is all over you anyway. It just feels very similar to the squib kick to me and seems like a questionable way to avoid a return. Has anyone run into this or have any feelings on it? I appreciate any insight anybody has here.

So, the Titans and Chargers had another DeSync issue. This time with San Diego up 28-7 with just a few ticks left before halftime. Is there a way he can play the CPU? He was clearly on his way to victory.

[quote name='PacerPerspect']So, the Titans and Chargers had another DeSync issue. This time with San Diego up 28-7 with just a few ticks left before halftime. Is there a way he can play the CPU? He was clearly on his way to victory.[/QUOTE]

If you click simulate, he'll be able to play the CPU.

[quote name='Doomtime']If you click simulate, he'll be able to play the CPU.[/QUOTE]

Thanks. This DeSync thing sucks and it appears to be an issue that only really plagues me. It doesn't appear as though EA has officially addressed it.

[quote name='PacerPerspect']Thanks. This DeSync thing sucks and it appears to be an issue that only really plagues me. It doesn't appear as though EA has officially addressed it.[/QUOTE]

Yea that sucks Pacer, Widdow said it happened with you two a few times, and I think he has had zero problems with de-syncs outside of those games.

[quote name='Doomtime']Ok, so we really need to think about banning the squib kick.

It is so broken.

Kick it to the right or left and the return team acts completely stupid. With some practice, it can be recovered every single time.[/QUOTE]
No it can't..it is rarely recovered ad i have not seen it recovered personally....If you are going to ban anything it should be the QB Sneak, they are def. very effective depending on the QB..it is so frustrating seeing a sneak....

[quote name='PacerPerspect']So, the Titans and Chargers had another DeSync issue. This time with San Diego up 28-7 with just a few ticks left before halftime. Is there a way he can play the CPU? He was clearly on his way to victory.[/QUOTE]
Pacer I think it is due to your network settings...your NAT type is probably closed, or moderate...contact your local provider and they should be able to straighten you out!

[quote name='Og whitewidow']No it can't..it is rarely recovered ad i have not seen it recovered personally....If you are going to ban anything it should be the QB Sneak, they are def. very effective depending on the QB..it is so frustrating seeing a sneak....[/QUOTE]

So just because you haven't seen it means it doesn't happen? Riiiiiight. Once is already one time too many.

If you ever get up to around 700 pts in ranked play, the cheesers will be there waiting for you.

Everyone I play now just no huddles, runs money plays, squibs or onside kicks after every score and goes for 2.

The QB sneak isn't broken like it was last year.

[quote name='sprice8688']i agree this is worse then the onside last yr because u can continuously do it.... i cant tell u how many times the kick team recovered on me[/QUOTE]
Doomtime if you think this is true i will be your "test rabbit" for this squib kick tonight if you want to do some testing...the squib is necessary in football just like the onsides kick.

I get squibbed on all day in madden...have recovered every single one!!!!!
Plus there is so much upside to someone squibbing on you...if you recover you usually get the ball around the 35+ yard line....Sounds like someone can't recover kicks...LOL

[quote name='Og whitewidow']I get squibbed on all day in madden...have recovered every single one!!!!![/QUOTE]

Because you play scrubs.

I'm not putting practice into an exploit.

It does eliminate the run-back pretty much..and i have seen way too many returns this year on regular kick offs..so what can you do..every kicker in the NFL can kick it out of the end zone pretty much at will; but somehow in madden practically no kickers are able to!

Go ahead and sim the chargers-titans game. I was winning by a wide margin and we got disconnected. So he let me play the CPU and I broke Chris Johnson's leg so I quit the game. Couldn't do that to the poor chap. I've got 3 games scheduled tonight so I don't have time to replay it again. I'll accept what the computer decides.

Edit: it was actually his ankle but the point remains the same.

bread's done
Back